Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

notobtuse wrote: »
    I would be more than happy to discuss reasoned constructive dialogue regarding Trump's future after the election. What I have no interest in is discussing mere hateful comments about Trump, the questions asking me to defend things divergent from my comments, or the personal abuse directed at me that goes unnoticed.

I believe I asked you earlier to list some of Trump's policies that you disagreed with. Would you like to try that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I would be more than happy to discuss reasoned constructive dialogue regarding Trump's future after the election.

Your posts say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 21,638 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I would be more than happy to discuss reasoned constructive dialogue regarding Trump's future after the election. What I have no interest in is discussing mere hateful comments about Trump, the questions asking me to defend things divergent from my comments, or the personal abuse directed at me that goes unnoticed.

This reads like Lindsey Graham or Mitch McConnell saying after Jan 6th that the causes for what happened were false and needed to stop, and then they went 100% in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I believe I asked you earlier to list some of Trump's policies that you disagreed with. Would you like to try that now?

I must say I would like to answer, and two come to mind right away, but what does that have to do with Trump's future? I, and only me for some bizarre reason, have been warned not to comment on some past occurrences regarding Trump and am unsure where the line is drawn, so I'm only going to comment on Trump's present and future going forward in this thread. Don't want to get threadbanned, ya know. Do you have something regarding Trump's future you'd like to discuss?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Your posts say otherwise
    I'd disagree.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

I must say I would like to answer, and two come to mind right away, but what does that have to do with Trump's future? I, and only me for some bizarre reason, have been warned not to comment on some past occurrences regarding Trump and am unsure where the line is drawn, so I'm only going to comment on Trump's present and future going forward in this thread. Don't want to get threadbanned, ya know. Do you have something regarding Trump's future you'd like to discuss?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Brilliant.

I'll play along.
    If Trump wants to run in 2024 and he does so and wins, do you think he will lie less while President from 2025 to 2029 than he did while President from 2017 to 2021?
    Secondly, how far in to his Presidency, do you think it will take for him to deliver the healthcare plan he promised would be ready on day one of his first Presidency which started in January of 2017?

You were threatened with a threadban for bringing up a conspiracy. Asking for what policies you disagree with has nothing to do with that and his policies are entirely relevant if his flock wants him to run for president again in the future.

So, list some of his policies that you disagree with.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Brilliant.

I'll play along.
    If Trump wants to run in 2024 and he does so and wins, do you think he will lie less while President from 2025 to 2029 than he did while President from 2017 to 2021?
    Secondly, how far in to his Presidency, do you think it will take for him to deliver the healthcare plan he promised would be ready on day one of his first Presidency which started in January of 2017?
    I hope he doesn't run in 2024 and will not vote for him in the GOP primary if he does. Not because I'd disagree with him, but because he is too divisive an individual and because of democrats unhinged hatred against him and they're unwillingness to do what is best for the country just to vote against anything and everything he tries to get done. But if he would happen to win the next election I don't see him changing his tactics.

I don't see substantial healthcare reform accomplished by legislation in my lifetime by any democrat or republican unless the political climate changes. Sure presidents will issue executive orders, but what is done by EO can be undone by the next guy/gal by EO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I hope he doesn't run in 2024 and will not vote for him in the GOP primary if he does. Not because I'd disagree with him, but because he is too divisive an individual and because of democrats unhinged hatred against him and they're unwillingness to do what is best for the country just to vote against anything and everything he tries to get done. But if he would happen to win the next election I don't see him changing his tactics.

I don't see substantial healthcare reform accomplished by legislation in my lifetime by any democrat or republican unless the political climate changes. Sure presidents will issue executive orders, but what is done by EO can be undone by the next guy/gal by EO.

Like the Republicans did with Obama in his second term you mean?

You were threatened with a threadban for bringing up a conspiracy. Asking for what policies you disagree with has nothing to do with that and his policies are entirely relevant if his flock wants him to run for president again in the future.

So, list some of his policies that you disagree with.

Okay, I'll play along in a safe and cautious manner. If he would happen to win the presidency back I'd hope he wouldn't repeat his trade war with China as China would keep their businesses afloat no matter what and wait out any and all sanctions. I'd also hope he doesn't try to totally kill ObamaCare again, and let it stand as another healthcare alternative for people to choose from, but instead let it sink or swim without massive inputs of taxpayer money as it was sold to us by Barack Obama.

• Advertisement

You must be infuriated to see Republicans vote against the American Rescue Plan and the Voting Rights Bill.

Okay, I'll play along in a safe and cautious manner. If he would happen to win the presidency back I'd hope he wouldn't repeat his trade war with China as China would keep their businesses afloat no matter what and wait out any and all sanctions. I'd also hope he doesn't try to totally kill ObamaCare again, and let it stand as another healthcare alternative for people to choose from, but instead let it sink or swim without massive inputs of taxpayer money as it was sold to us by Barack Obama.

Those would be the policies that you most dislike? Do you approve of his family separation policy?

You must be infuriated to see Republicans vote against the American Rescue Plan and the Voting Rights Bill.
    I'm glad republicans stopped the "Screw The People Act" which was little more than a way for democrats to make it that they never loose another federal election by allowing massive fraud, and a way for the federal government to infringe on states' authority to conduct their own elections without fraud.

Those would be the policies that you most dislike? Do you approve of his family separation policy?

I support a zero tolerance approach to deter illegal immigration. We have a method for legal immigration that EVERYONE seeking to emigrate to the US must follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I support a zero tolerance approach to deter illegal immigration. We have a method for legal immigration that EVERYONE seeking to emigrate to the US must follow.

I don't believe the legal method separates families, from that, can we take it that you don't support the separation of parents from their children at the border or as part of the immigration process?

astrofool wrote: »
    I don't believe the legal method separates families, from that, can we take it that you don't support the separation of parents from their children at the border or as part of the immigration process?

I support not letting ANY illegal immigrant in to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Good luck eating in any restaurant then

That wasn't the question that was asked. You can not let any immigrants in without the need to separate children from their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Barely hear about the midden of shiite anymore. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

“Harris and Biden were given the strongest Border in American history. And now, it is by far the worst in American history.”.

It’s almost like he’s describing his own efforts with the economy :)

He should go play golf, he’s spent the last 5 years playing nearly every day, why stop now?

• Advertisement

Old buddy Rudi has had his law practicing licence suspended. He can play golf with Rudi.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1408105419462131723?s=20

You do seem to have mastered the art of running away and standing still at the same time at least :)

But look, if you're that afraid to post your opinions, you can't believe in them that strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭uptherebels

I'm glad republicans stopped the "Screw The People Act" which was little more than a way for democrats to make it that they never loose another federal election by allowing massive fraud, and a way for the federal government to infringe on states' authority to conduct their own elections without fraud.

How would it have allowed massive fraud?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Good luck eating in any restaurant then

You hit the nail on the head. Once in it's a free for all and becoming almost impossible for them to be deported. The son of a friend of mine had his truck demolished by an illegal alien who was driving without insurance. The son's insurance had to pay for the value of his truck and his rates skyrocketed as a result from something not his fault. My mother almost died from bleeding because illegal immigrants who don't have healthcare insurance and don't want to pay just go to hospital emergency rooms and claim they have chest pains knowing they can't be turned away and protocol dictates they go to the head of the line in treatment. I watched as people got their kids with sniffles treated as they watched my mother almost bleed out. I bet you see nothing wrong with this... and of course you wouldn't because illegal immigration in the US is just something you read about and not something you have to confront daily

You do seem to have mastered the art of running away and standing still at the same time at least :)

But look, if you're that afraid to post your opinions, you can't believe in them that strongly.

I guess you don't understand what zero tolerance means and meant. If that means separating family members to serve as a deterrent to keeping people from deciding to illegally cross the border then so be it. That the parents would rather be separated from their children rather than go back across the boarder and keep the family intact says more about them than it does about our laws.

How would it have allowed massive fraud?

I guess you'll have to look it up... and try going with something other than a democrat handmaiden, liberal and leftist media source. Sorry, but I can't answer without going into the history of the subject mater I was told not to comment on again.

I guess you don't understand what zero tolerance means and meant. If that means separating family members to serve as a deterrent to keeping people from deciding to illegally cross the border then so be it. That the parents would rather be separated from their children rather than go back across the boarder and keep the family intact says more about them than it does about our laws.

So you agree with separating children from their parents, why all the palaver and tongue twisting before saying it.

You can then add your zero tolerance about immigration due to the anecdotes you mention above if you wish, but it took multiple posts to get your opinion out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You hit the nail on the head. Once in it's a free for all and becoming almost impossible for them to be deported. The son of a friend of mine had his truck demolished by an illegal alien who was driving without insurance. The son's insurance had to pay for the value of his truck and his rates skyrocketed as a result from something not his fault. My mother almost died from bleeding because illegal immigrants who don't have healthcare insurance and don't want to pay just go to hospital emergency rooms and claim they have chest pains knowing they can't be turned away and protocol dictates they go to the head of the line in treatment. I watched as people got their kids with sniffles treated as they watched my mother almost bleed out. I bet you see nothing wrong with this... and of course you wouldn't because illegal immigration in the US is just something you read about and not something you have to confront daily

How did you identify the people in the ER waiting room as "Illegal aliens?" And, obvious question, your hospital sounds like a kip. How do they do triage? Or, was it the case your mother's US health insurance was inadequate for purpose?

Igotadose wrote: »
    How did you identify the people in the ER waiting room as "Illegal aliens?" And, obvious question, your hospital sounds like a kip. How do they do triage? Or, was it the case your mother's US health insurance was inadequate for purpose?

No English, no identification, no address, unwilling to provide relative information. You overhear everything sitting in an emergency room. It's not hard to identify illegal aliens... spend a couple weeks here and you'll see. My mother had Medicare and a supplement insurance.

Claiming chest pain, abdominal pain, etc automatically gets you the ability to be seen and prioritized in ER's and illegals sure know such terms.

Undocumented aliens’ use of medical services has been a long-standing issue for hospitals, particularly among those located along the U.S.-Mexican border. As required by federal law (The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act or EMTALA), hospitals participating in Medicare must medically screen all persons seeking emergency care and provide the treatment necessary to stabilize those who have an emergency condition, regardless of payment method or insurance status.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/emergency-health-services-undocumented-aliens

• Advertisement

So you agree with separating children from their parents, why all the palaver and tongue twisting before saying it.

You can then add your zero tolerance about immigration due to the anecdotes you mention above if you wish, but it took multiple posts to get your opinion out of you.

You don't have a target on your back.

I see the problems caused by illegal immigration and a total disregard for our laws is not something that is good for this country. That is why I'm against ILLEGAL immigration. I support legal immigration. I was born in the US while my mother was still a citizen of Ireland but going through the LEGAL process of becoming a US citizen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement