Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,082 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    I'll try... First it would be an unconstitutional infringement on the rights of states to conduct and secure elections as they see fit in order to stop fraud. Also, this bill would make it easier to vote illegally but I can’t expand upon that without going back to last year. It reverses states’ more stringent voter ID laws for the new federal standards, which allow voting with no ID. McConnell called the bill a “radical proposal” designed to “rig the rules of American elections permanently, permanently in Democrats’ favor.” And he’s right because democrats don’t seem to have any morals when it comes to elections and utilize underhanded tactics like ballot harvesting using government money to use third parties who go out and only target democratic votes from home... where government money should be used to get EVERYONE'S votes, not targeted votes. Ballot harvesting is probably the biggest method for election illegalities to happen.

But don’t you also support Republican efforts to ban states from allowing immigrants to vote in local (not federal) elections?

Charging documents for this insurrection couple reveal efforts by at least one traitor to change her social media to appear as a Democrat after the failed coup, in an apparent effort to backtrack the incident as a false flag event.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/wife-charged-in-capitol-siege-changed-facebook-profile-to-appear-as-part-of-the-democratic-party-husband-threw-a-chair-at-cops-feds/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Trump is staying active in politics. He has a commentary regarding the teaching of Critical Race Theory in our schools and the majority of democrat media handmaidens don’t want to cover it. Why ignore it you might ask? Duh, because Trump makes total sense.

The Biden administration has been working to indoctrinate schoolchildren with anti-American hateful theories. The left’s CRT preaches that judging people by the color of their skin now should take place and basically... being white means being racist.

Most Americans are opposing this insanity forced on us by the Biden administration and his allies on the Left that hates this country. And Americans are rising up and aren't taking it anymore, thankfully.
    First, every state legislature should pass a ban on taxpayer dollars going to any school district or workplace that teaches critical race theory, which inherently violates existing anti-discrimination laws.

Second, each state should create its own 1776 Commission to examine the public school curriculum and ensure that students are receiving a patriotic, pro-American education — not being taught that the United States is an evil nation.

Third, parents have a right to know exactly what is being taught to their children.

Fourth, parents need to organize locally — in every school district in America — to eliminate “Action Civics” and other versions of the effort to contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination.

Fifth, any parent who objects to the material being taught to their child in public school should get an automatic voucher, empowering them to pick another school of their choice. The government has no right to brainwash students with controversial ideologies against their parents’ will.

Sixth, states need to take back control of their schools of education and credentialing bodies to ensure they are not churning out radicalized teachers.

Seventh, states need to break the tenure monopoly in public K-12 schools.

I think the new motto of the mainstream media should be “We Only Report What We Want To Report, And The News Be Dammed”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/06/18/a_plan_to_get_divisive__radical_theories_out_of_our_schools_145946.html

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Trump is staying active in politics. He has a commentary regarding the teaching of Critical Race Theory in our schools and the majority of democrat media handmaidens don’t want to cover it. Why ignore it you might ask? Duh, because Trump makes total sense.

The Biden administration has been working to indoctrinate schoolchildren with anti-American hateful theories. The left’s CRT preaches that judging people by the color of their skin now should take place and basically... being white means being racist.

Most Americans are opposing this insanity forced on us by the Biden administration and his allies on the Left that hates this country. And Americans are rising up and aren't taking it anymore, thankfully.

I think the new motto of the mainstream media should be “We Only Report What We Want To Report, And The News Be Dammed”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/06/18/a_plan_to_get_divisive__radical_theories_out_of_our_schools_145946.html

The Biden administration has been working to indoctrinate schoolchildren with anti-American hateful theories. The left’s CRT preaches that judging people by the color of their skin now should take place and basically... being white means being racist.”

What’s your source for this drivel

osarusan wrote: »
    Post up some evidence of this particular protocol.

should be easy to find as it's protocol.
    The emergency room (ER) staff use a triage system to determine who to see first. ER staff sees the sickest people first. If someone comes in with a heart attack, and someone comes in with a cough, obviously the person with the heart attack is going to take precedence. The problem emanates when you claim to be having chest pains as it is a potential indication of a heart attack and must be treated as such.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

The emergency room (ER) staff use a triage system to determine who to see first. ER staff sees the sickest people first. If someone comes in with a heart attack, and someone comes in with a cough, obviously the person with the heart attack is going to take precedence. The problem emanates when you claim to be having chest pains as it is a potential indication of a heart attack and must be treated as such.

And do you have any evidence besides your own plagiarism and conjecture that this happens? Any statistics of how many ER patients are faking symptoms?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Do you hire any illegals?

No, as far as I know, as ALL hires must prove they are US citizens or have paperwork indicating the are approved by the US government to work in the US. I do hire people from other countries approved to work in the US. But I am not a forensic expert trained in the validation of official paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Many of us are aware of triage system, however that doesn't confirm you affirmation that immigrates are fooling the system and skipping the queue. In fact, they'd be pretty sh!t tiage nurse if they didn't spot someone who's faking it as you claim

No, as far as I know, as ALL hires must prove they are US citizens or have paperwork indicating the are approved by the US government to work in the US. I do hire people from other countries approved to work in the US. But I am not a forensic expert trained in the validation of official paperwork.

So, you can’t talk to them for 15 minutes and figure out if they aren’t illegal? But a cop can? What’s the difference?

"Commentary" is a very generous description of Trump's ravings.... Must drive him mad that very few are likely to be reading it.

• Advertisement

the majority of democrat media handmaidens don’t want to cover it. Why ignore it you might ask? Duh, because Trump makes total sense.[/url]

Nah, democrats have better things to do than listen to the whining of a racist cry baby.

Overheal wrote: »
    So, you can’t talk to them for 15 minutes and figure out if they aren’t illegal? But a cop can? What’s the difference?

Strange that a classmate of mine is working illegally in a bar frequented by cops for the last 20 years and they can't figure out this.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Strange that a classmate of mine is working illegally in a bar frequented by cops for the last 20 years and they can't figure out this.
    Does your friend speak English and how many times was he interviewed by cops and asked to provide some sort of legal identification?

Why does common sense elude so many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How do you know these people aren’t having chest pains? Are you a doctor?

I know right? 34% of Americans approved of Trump's presidency when he left office. One in three Americans approved of this guy being their president.

Never underestimate the power of a poor educational system.

Does your friend speak English and how many times was he interviewed by cops and asked to provide some sort of legal identification?

According to yourself any cop can tell if someone is illegal within 15 minutes of talking to them, how can multiple cops over a 20 year period miss the fact he's illegal?

Speaks English = legal
    Doesn't speak English = illegal

brilliant reductive logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Speaks English = legal

One step away from

White = legal

Non-whitw = illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Speaks English = legal

Got a good giggle from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

There’s been so many court cases thrown out that this might have been posted already and while not instigated by Trump it was very much predicated on his delusional fraud claims aka the Big Lie.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/judge-throws-out-most-of-georgiavoterig-lawsuit-40582050.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It's a question that I've been asking myself ever since over 75 million Americans voted for another 4 years of Trump and his cabal. Utterly terrifying, and a sign of the lack of education across the adult population. The entire education system there needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's a question that I've been asking myself ever since over 75 million Americans voted for another 4 years of Trump and his cabal. Utterly terrifying, and a sign of the lack of education across the adult population. The entire education system there needs to be looked at.

Blaming education is too easy. What Trump is doing isn't complicated, its not some elaborate scam.

People know what he is, what he is doing, but don't care because in their minds he is owning the libs.

Thats it. Its not a lack of education, its a lack of empathy for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Close to nothing to do with education in my view.
    I've said it here before, I'm living with very highly educated people who, I don't know if they voted for Trump, I do know are staunch Republicans.

A good portion of those who voted for him did so because of their card carrying allegiance to their party even if this guy might not be the best example of their philosophy.

Those who attend his rallies, and sign up to his mailing lists and click on 'support the fight' etc could do with some classes on rational thought however.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Blaming education is too easy. What Trump is doing isn't complicated, its not some elaborate scam.

People know what he is, what he is doing, but don't care because in their minds he is owning the libs.

Thats it. Its not a lack of education, its a lack of empathy for others.

I think there's more to it than that.

But you're right, there's no elaborate scam here. However, as Chomsky says, "people know that something's wrong they just don't know how to go about changing it". This is abundantly evident in the closed shop that is American politics, where the system is rigged by a single party entity masquerading as two different "choices". People vote for their "choice", but things remain roughly the same. That kind of situation is ripe for a conman like a Donald Trump to come along and promise a whole raft of people the sun, moon and stars. It wouldn't even have to be that hard a sell. Trump even said some stuff that I agreed with in his run up to election, like he'd "tackle Wall St." or was going to end US interference overseas.

Now, I wasn't under any illusion that he'd actually do any of that, or that he'd even be in a position to do what he promised either. But millions got snared by his bullshit and some still are.

Why they are remains a bit of a mystery, given everything we know about Trump and the sheer inadequacy of his tenure. Not to mention the complete absence of even trying to deliver on his pre-campaign promises.

Of course there are the "own the Libs" types. But that type is easily dismissed simply because of the redundancy of their position. There's no reaching fools like that. Then, yes, there are the really stupid people who also cannot be helped, because you cannot fix stupid. Then there are the dyed in the wool Republican voters who'd vote for a spud if the party nominated it.

But there were a considerable number of people, who are none of the above, that were willing to give Trump a chance precisely because he (falsely) represented an "alternative" to the systematic status quo that prevails in US politics. The problem with these people is not that they're dumb or poorly educated. They are just disillusioned by the their political leaders and have clung onto a false prophet in the shape of Donald Trump. But as Trump has shown, he wasn't an "alternative", he was simply business as usual and (most) people saw through him eventually, hence why he lost everything for the Republicans as soon as he could be voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tony EH wrote: »
    I think there's more to it than that.

But you're right, there's no elaborate scam here. However, as Chomsky says, "people know that something's wrong they just don't know how to go about changing it". This is abundantly evident in the closed shop that is American politics, where the system is rigged by a single party entity masquerading as two different "choices". People vote for their "choice", but things remain roughly the same. That kind of situation is ripe for a conman like a Donald Trump to come along and promise a whole raft of people the sun, moon and stars. It wouldn't even have to be that hard a sell. Trump even said some stuff that I agreed with in his run up to election, like he'd "tackle Wall St." or was going to end US interference overseas.

Now, I wasn't under any illusion that he'd actually do any of that, or that he'd even be in a position to do what he promised either. But millions got snared by his bullshit and some still are.

Why they are remains a bit of a mystery, given everything we know about Trump and the sheer inadequacy of his tenure. Not to mention the complete absence of even trying to deliver on his pre-campaign promises.

Of course there are the "own the Libs" types. But that type is easily dismissed simply because of the redundancy of their position. There's no reaching fools like that. Then, yes, there are the really stupid people who also cannot be helped, because you cannot fix stupid. Then there are the dyed in the wool Republican voters who'd vote for a spud if the party nominated it.

But there were a considerable number of people, who are none of the above, that were willing to give Trump a chance precisely because he (falsely) represented an "alternative" to the systematic status quo that prevails in US politics. The problem with these people is not that they're dumb or poorly educated. They are just disillusioned by the their political leaders and have clung onto a false prophet in the shape of Donald Trump. But as Trump has shown, he wasn't an "alternative", he was simply business as usual and (most) people saw through him eventually, hence why he lost everything for the Republicans as soon as he could be voted out.

did they see through him? More people voted for him the second time around.

did they see through him? More people voted for him the second time around.

The floating voter is who I mean when I say they saw through him. The acolytes and, especially, the dyed in the wool Republican voter wouldn't have cared.

I'd add to that that the "couldn't vote for Clinton" Democrat probably had a hand in turning the tide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That may have been believable in 2015/16 when he was running for election. I can completely understand the desire for an outsider to change things.

But at no point during his 4 years did Trump ever even try to change things. There was no attempt to form a consensus in either the house of Senate to change things. There was no agenda set to try to change things.

Given that, and as pointed out the overall failure of his tenure, then I think the only conclusion that can be reached is that anyone who continues to support him is doing so because none of that really matters, but is a nice excuse to say.

Racism, anti left, owning the libs, upsetting minorities, winding people up. I think the phrase that best sums it up it tat people can now speak their minds. These people feel that their ability to say anything they want about minorities has been eroded in the last number of years and they want to get back back. Why should they have to care about others feelings? They are white and built this damn country and they can do and say whatever they damn well please and no lefty commie is going to stop them.

The floating voter is who I mean when I say they saw through him. The acolytes and, especially, the dyed in the wool Republican voter wouldn't have cared.

I'd add to that that the "couldn't vote for Clinton" Democrat probably had a hand in turning the tide too.

well that would explain the number of votes Biden received but it doesn't explain how trump received 12M more votes the second time around

well that would explain the number of votes Biden received but it doesn't explain how trump received 12M more votes the second time around

More came out. People who were reluctant before weren't so this time. But even if his vote count went up, his popularity went down. He lost everything, otherwise he'd still be President.

It's hard to point at anything solid, but I'd say floating voters, new voting age people and "couldn't vote for Clinton" types probably sealed the deal, even if Trump managed 12 million more votes than 2016.

• Advertisement

More came out. People who were reluctant before weren't so this time. But even if his vote count went up, his popularity went down. He lost everything, otherwise he'd still be President.

It's hard to point at anything solid, but I'd say floating voters, new voting age people and "couldn't vote for Clinton" types probably sealed the deal, even if Trump managed 12 million more votes than 2016.

no, as i said, that would explain the votes for biden. It doesn't explain the extra 12M that trump received. 12M people who didn't vote in 2016 decided that after 4 years of Trump that Trump was the man for them. In fact it was probably more than that as he no doubt turned off some of his 2016 voters. That is really beyond comprehension for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement