Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

no, as i said, that would explain the votes for biden. It doesn't explain the extra 12M that trump received. 12M people who didn't vote in 2016 decided that after 4 years of Trump that Trump was the man for them. In fact it was probably more than that as he no doubt turned off some of his 2016 voters. That is really beyond comprehension for me.

As I said, more came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tony EH wrote: »
    As I said, more came out.

Absolutely. Things like vote by mail and early voting didn't just benefit Democrats, despite what the GOP and Trump would have people believe. By making voting easier for everyone, more people voted as a whole. That includes a great number of republicans who, whether they liked or hated Trump, still would have preferred him than a Democrat, and knowing how close this election would be, more people made the effort to vote.

It does astound me that Trump got more votes numerically than he did in 2016 though. But man, the thoughts of what might have happened if the Democrats ran anyone other than Clinton in 2016....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Penn wrote: »
    Absolutely. Things like vote by mail and early voting didn't just benefit Democrats, despite what the GOP and Trump would have people believe. By making voting easier for everyone, more people voted as a whole. That includes a great number of republicans who, whether they liked or hated Trump, still would have preferred him than a Democrat, and knowing how close this election would be, more people made the effort to vote.

It does astound me that Trump got more votes numerically than he did in 2016 though. But man, the thoughts of what might have happened if the Democrats ran anyone other than Clinton in 2016....

More than likely they would have won. I think a lot of Democrat voters were simply complacent about Clinton, whether they could bring themselves to vote for her or not. I know a few in the States that didn't vote for her, but thought she'd win anyway. They spent the next 4 years saying that that wasn't going to happen again.

I also know a few perfectly reasonable people who voted for Trump in 2016 and then simply couldn't do it again in 2020 after 4 years of him. That type of person cannot be that few in number, I reckon, and they either switched or tuned out.

But AFAIK, 2020 saw record numbers come out to vote in the States and millions of people turned 18 and went to the polling booth.

So Trump's votes might have increased, but in terms of popularity and support he lost big time and I don't think that that happened because a load of Biden supporters came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/douglasblackmon/status/1408533908002689025?s=19

Remember a few Trump zealots here downplaying this incident at the time. We'll see if the courts agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1408938900651970560?s=19

Sounds like the "rally" was as classy as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1408938900651970560?s=19

Sounds like the "rally" was as classy as ever.

Good to see the number dwindling and them being covered less and less.

Reduced to a bunch of whackjob speakers and the only people who go are too far gone to rescue.

What a powerhouse he is - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,835 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's still an impressive crowd that he pulled. I don't see any challengers for the 2024 nomination pulling that crowd that far out unless they position themselves within Trump's orbit, but then they wouldn't even really be a challenger. More of a sycophant. If his legal issues are surmountable and his physical health remains OK, he could walk his way into the nomination, if he wants to.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So Trump CFO is probably getting indicted this week. The race is on to see which one of Trumps children figures out the way the wind is blowing and turns on him. My money is on Ivanka. She seems smarter than the others. Though a stale sandwich is smarter than Eric.
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1408475129084932098

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So Trump CFO is probably getting indicted this week. The race is on to see which one of Trumps children figures out the way the wind is blowing and turns on him. My money is on Ivanka. She seems smarter than the others. Though a stale sandwich is smarter than Eric.

Still not getting excited.

I believe his rally at the weekend is partly to keep him in mind as a political figure in an attempt to scare off prosecutors who may be afraid of playing politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1408475129084932098

My moneys on whats her name aka Tiffany, even her father forgets about her so god knows what she was witness to that nobody noticed she was in the room for.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I believe his rally at the weekend is partly to keep him in mind as a political figure in an attempt to scare off prosecutors who may be afraid of playing politics.

Without a shadow of a doubt - Keeps the "It's a political witch-hunt" storyline alive AND allows him to keep taking money off people.

As ever it's always and only about him and him alone.

it wasn't a very impressive rally though. he is reduced to doing a greatest hits tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

it wasn't a very impressive rally though. he is reduced to doing a greatest hits tour.

Doesn't matter. People will tune in to see what he has to say, and the MSN will be turning in so they can selectively pick parts out and twist them around so they can continue to slander and libel him. They just can't seem to help themselves... sadly there currently is no cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. People will tune in to see what he has to say, and the MSN will be turning in so they can selectively pick parts out and twist them around so they can continue to slander and libel him. They just can't help to help themselves... there seems to be no cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

showing his speech is slander and libel? LOL. He was barely coherent.

what was the turnout at the weekend? Less than 5000 I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Doesn't matter. People will tune in to see what he has to say, and the MSN will be turning in so they can selectively pick parts out and twist them around so they can continue to slander and libel him. They just can't seem to help themselves... sadly there currently is no cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Feel free to post clips of coherent policy positions he laid out during the speech.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

Here is an example of what T.D.S. actually is....

donald-trump-twitter-2187757.webp?r=1574875557051

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Except none of the 'MSN' carried his speech live because of the figures

Where did you hear the 5,000 attendance number? I couldn't find that. But you do realize he has gotten 809,627 views on Rumble as of this morning. And that's without most people not even aware he's on Rumble yet.

And to show how utterly biased and disingenuous Google is, type in "Rumble Trump Rally" and there's no link in the results in at least the first 5 pages of results. Google should be called before Congress and explain why they shouldn't be broken up.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Where did you hear the 5,000 attendance number? I couldn't find that. But you do realize he has gotten 809,627 views on Rumble as of this morning. And that's without most people not even aware he's on Rumble yet.

And to show how utterly biased and disingenuous Google is, type in "Rumble Trump Rally" and there's no link in the results in at least the first 5 pages of results. Google should be called before Congress and explain why they shouldn't be broken up.

WTF is rumble?

Please try addressing what I said and not misstating what I posted. How low can you go?

WTF is rumble?

I already explained what it is. An alternative to YouTube based in Canada.

https://rumble.com/

edit: I see you stated on the prior page "it wasn't a very impressive rally though. he is reduced to doing a greatest hits tour." How did you watch it if you have no idea what Rumble is, since that's the only place you can see it? No need to reply, as disingenuous commentary apparently isn't just a tactic of the MSM.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Feel free to post clips of coherent policy positions he laid out during the speech.

Policy positions? You don't think he is still president or has committed to running in the 2024 election race, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

what was the biggest attendance to any of the Biden rallies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    what was the biggest attendance to any of the Biden rallies?

All Biden's rallies were held in a responsible, socially distanced manner, comparing the 2 is totally pointless

• Advertisement

I already explained what it is. An alternative to YouTube based in Canada.

https://rumble.com/

edit: I see you stated on the prior page "it wasn't a very impressive rally though. he is reduced to doing a greatest hits tour." How did you watch it if you have no idea what Rumble is, since that's the only place you can see it? No need to reply, as disingenuous commentary apparently isn't just a tactic of the MSM.
    i seen clips of it elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement