Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

briany wrote: »
    If you asked a doctor whether a clinically obese man with a penchant for fast food and diet coke, and little physical exercise, has a chance of even making it to 74, that doctor would probably say, 'unlikely'. Even granting being alive, that doctor probably wouldn't think such a person would have much energy.

But Trump has really bucked a lot of how we think a man of his age, with his kind of lifestyle, and his kind of habits should be. Some people just have an unusual constitution, I guess. I'm not saying this in any great praise of Trump, but it is funny how Trump was always the one who's supposed to keel over any second, yet it was Hillary Clinton who had to be helped into a car during the 2016 race.

Much more likely that it'll be Trump's utter toxicity for neutrals and Dems as a candidate or legal issues that stops him successfully running for president again.

He also kicked Covid in like 2 days when the dems were celebrating his imminent death

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

notobtuse wrote: »
    I'd rather remind you what happened to AT&T.

I have absolutely no clue what you are on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

And biden actually exercises. Driving from hole to hole in a golf cart doesn't count as exercise.

Good for him and will help. I'm torn between keeping him treated with things like Aricept or such to allow him the majority of his mental facilities to get through his term, or removing him from office but Harris and Pelosi are worse than dementia. Hell, Jill Biden is probably making all the calls today anyway. I hear she'll hold court with some nation's leaders at the Olympic games. But I'm sure Trump will use all these factors in his attacks against Biden's administration leading up to 2022.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    He also kicked Covid in like 2 days when the dems were celebrating his imminent death

Kicked Covid in 2 days? Most of the 70+ years old I know who got Covid didn't need hospitalisation or oxygen assistance.

Then again, they have a good diet and do not look like lard in human form.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The reality is that Trump generated both Republican and Democrat votes. Democrats voted against Trump, not pro Biden
    all of which were already evident during the election campaign

You mean the Election he won at a canter?

That one?

Bottom line , Trump is utterly unelectable in the US.

He is beyond toxic to all Democrats and also a majority of Independents and there is absolutely nothing that he could do that will change that over the next 3 years or so - In fact it will probably get worse as the multitude of legal actions and court cases make their way through the system.

The GOP problem is that what he does have is a rabidly loyal cohort that make him incredibly influential within the GOP Voting block.

So , they have to pretend to like him so that they don't get primaried by Trump acolytes who would be also unelectable at Senate level and any even remotely competitive House races.

No sympathy for the place they find themselves in , it's entirely self-inflicted , but they are stuck with him now.

The GOP are silently praying that Trump gets sent to Jail . They'd have a fall-guy for getting rid of him which they are too scared to do themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don't appreciate when someone uses a bullying attitude with others, I will always intervene when i see that

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And biden actually exercises. Driving from hole to hole in a golf cart doesn't count as exercise.

Lets not forget according to trump we are all basically batteries, and have a finite amount of energy available to us, exercising pointlessly uses it up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

all of which were already evident during the election campaign

And yet he still beat the fat mess by 7 million votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

VinLieger wrote: »
    Lets not forget according to trump we are all basically batteries, and have a finite amount of energy available to us, exercising pointlessly uses it up.....

yeah, that crackpot battery theory of his.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You mean the Election he won at a canter?

That one?

Bottom line , Trump is utterly unelectable in the US.

He is beyond toxic to all Democrats and also a majority of Independents and there is absolutely nothing that he could do that will change that over the next 3 years or so - In fact it will probably get worse as the multitude of legal actions and court cases make their way through the system.

The GOP problem is that what he does have is a rabidly loyal cohort that make him incredibly influential within the GOP Voting block.

So , they have to pretend to like him so that they don't get primaried by Trump acolytes who would be also unelectable at Senate level and any even remotely competitive House races.

No sympathy for the place they find themselves in , it's entirely self-inflicted , but they are stuck with him now.

The GOP are silently praying that Trump gets sent to Jail . They'd have a fall-guy for getting rid of him which they are too scared to do themselves.
    Trump is playing the attack dog leading up to the 2022 election, IMO.

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Florida governor Ron Desantis to the the GOP candidate in 2024. The mainstream media is already reporting almost 100% negatively about him, and even making up lies to make him look bad. A good indication he's the best shot at this time for 2024. And I think Trump will support him in the end.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

you just discovered Rumble today?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/rumble-sends-viewers-tumbling-toward-misinformation/amp

This it?

“I'm not really expecting things to ever be what they were,” says Sarah. “There's no going back.” Sarah’s mother is a QAnon believer who first came across the conspiracy theory on YouTube. Now that YouTube has taken steps toward regulating misinformation and conspiracy theories, a new site, Rumble, has risen to take its place. Sarah feels the platform has taken her mother away from her.

Rumble is “just the worst possible things about YouTube amplified, like 100 percent,” says Sarah. (Her name has been changed to protect her identity.) Earlier this year, her mother asked for help accessing Rumble when her favorite conservative content creators (from Donald Trump Jr. to “Patriot Streetfighter”) flocked from YouTube to the site. Sarah soon became one of 150,000 members of the support group QAnon Casualties as her mother tumbled further down the dangerous conspiracy theory rabbit hole."

That's where you spend your time? Explains a lot.

and even making up lies to make him look bad

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'd wanna check out a previous post of mine about how he "kicked Covid in like 2 days".

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Florida governor Ron Desantis to the the GOP candidate in 2024. The mainstream media is already reporting almost 100% negatively about him, and even making up lies to make him look bad. A good indication he's the best shot at this time for 2024. And I think Trump will support him in the end.

what lies have they made up about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Attack dog :pac: More like a tired aul mutt that's ready for the retirement home.

Links?

Here's the most recent. I won't hold my breath expecting a "Thanks, seems you were right," though. :cool:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/06/28/wapo-reporter-called-out-for-peddling-total-lie-about-desantis-after-horrific-mia-n2591667

Here's the most recent. I won't hold my breath expecting a "Thanks, seems you were right," though. :cool:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/06/28/wapo-reporter-called-out-for-peddling-total-lie-about-desantis-after-horrific-mia-n2591667

I'm not opening a link to far right rag like Townhall. Do you have a link to mainstream media like you claim?

I'm not opening a link to far right rag like Townhall. Do you have a link to mainstream media like you claim?

Then dont ask for links, you can look up things yourself and find references to anything taht is being talked about in here on your news-page of choice

Bury your head in the sand and ignore proven truth, then. I really don't give a rats arse if you can't handle the truth. It's all verifiable you know... but I gather you don't care about things like the truth.

Then dont ask for links, you can look up things yourself and find references to anything taht is being talked about in here on your news-page of choice

I will gladly ask for links on a discussion forum, thank you. All I ask is that they are not from biased sources.

• Advertisement

the building collapsed on the 24th. An emergency declaration was not approved until the following day. what is the lie?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/rumble-sends-viewers-tumbling-toward-misinformation/amp

This it?

“I'm not really expecting things to ever be what they were,” says Sarah. “There's no going back.” Sarah’s mother is a QAnon believer who first came across the conspiracy theory on YouTube. Now that YouTube has taken steps toward regulating misinformation and conspiracy theories, a new site, Rumble, has risen to take its place. Sarah feels the platform has taken her mother away from her.

Rumble is “just the worst possible things about YouTube amplified, like 100 percent,” says Sarah. (Her name has been changed to protect her identity.) Earlier this year, her mother asked for help accessing Rumble when her favorite conservative content creators (from Donald Trump Jr. to “Patriot Streetfighter”) flocked from YouTube to the site. Sarah soon became one of 150,000 members of the support group QAnon Casualties as her mother tumbled further down the dangerous conspiracy theory rabbit hole."

That's where you spend your time? Explains a lot.

You can find a lot of negative stuff about Rumble on Wikipedia too.
    That's usually a good sign, it means that mainstream media are feeling threatened ;-)

When lots of people abandoned Whatsapp for Telegram, Wikipedia updated their page immediately with lots of negative stuff about Telegram
    they think we are stupid LOL

Bury your head in the sand and ignore proven truth, then. I really don't give a rats arse if you can't handle the truth. It's all verifiable you know... but I gather you don't care about things like the truth.

So you're only sources are from far right rags is what you're admitting to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You just described cognitive bias in a nutshell, is it any wonder you have those views

the building collapsed on the 24th. An emergency declaration was not approved until the following day. what is the lie?

The way it was presented it was a lie by omission of the facts.
    How this works:

Emergency declaration from the local government -> state government -> federal government.

The mayor didn’t sign an emergency order until 4:33 pm ET. The governor signed one less than an hour later, at 5:32pm.

Same source.

duploelabs wrote: »
    You just described cognitive bias in a nutshell, is it any wonder you have those views

that was in response to this request for a biased source

So you're only sources are from far right rags is what you're admitting to?
    ad hominem attacks are quite unbecoming, ya know.

I consider most of the MSN to be far left rags. Does that mean anything from them you would post as are source are erroneous, too?

ad hominem attacks are quite unbecoming, ya know.

I asked you a yes/no question. You're refusing to answer I take it?
    I consider most of the MSN to be far left rags. Does that mean anything from them you would post as are source are erroneous, too?

I don't read MSN, I read AP and Reuters, but it's at least nice that you have an opinion that's not simply a copy paste of someone else's opinion for once.

The way it was presented it was a lie by omission of the facts.

Same source.
    so it was 18 hours not a full day. is that the lie?

• Advertisement

so it was 18 hours not a full day. is that the lie?
    Also from the same source.
    The DC media is suggesting @GovRonDeSantis failed to provide resources to Surfside. The mayor of Miami-Dade, a Democrat, was asked about this on Meet The Press and said it's not true: "Not only has the state of Florida been here in force (...) we've not lacked for any support."

But if you can't handle the truth, here's more... watch the video of the Democrat mayor.

https://twitter.com/GiancarloSopo/status/1409172025327902726?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1409195651225718788%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftownhall.com%2Ftipsheet%2Fmattvespa%2F2021%2F06%2F28%2Fwapo-reporter-called-out-for-peddling-total-lie-about-desantis-after-horrific-mia-n2591667

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement