Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I get a kick out of an advertisement on this page... STOP TRUMP CAMPAIGN RALLIES. 100,000 Signatures Needed.

Yup... that'll do it. :)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    I get a kick out of an advertisement on this page... STOP TRUMP CAMPAIGN RALLIES. 100,000 Signatures Needed.

So you've given up on that source then? You're openly admitting to posting something made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ooooohhhhhhkkkaaaaaaayyyy

Has the kool aid fermented?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ooooohhhhhhkkkaaaaaaayyyy

Has the kool aid fermented?

What’s he even on about?

What’s he even on about?

He's gotten so bad at posting links that he forgot to post his own link.

And Mic 1972 thanked the post even though he doesn't know what the post is referring to.

Nothing but sheep.

• Advertisement

And Mic 1972 thanked the post even though he doesn't know what the post is referring to.

Nothing but sheep.

Sometimes it’s a struggle to keep up with the crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Nothing but sheep.

you have you little friend cody montana thanking all of your posts, why are you jelous?

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    you have you little friend cody montana thanking all of your posts, why are you jelous?

He's thanking posts that make sense.

Would you like to tell us why you thanked that post? What advertisement is notobtuse referring to?

The need for validation for some people is a real struggle, especially when they get none of it

The need for validation for some people is a real struggle, especially when they get none of it

Who are you talking to?

• Advertisement

So you don't even have a clue what the post was about, but you thanked it anyway just because it had "dems=bad" content, is that right?

A post made by a poster who has objectively posted made up stuff in the past as well as copied and pasted other people's opinions to make it look like his own?

So you don't even have a clue what the post was about, but you thanked it anyway just because it had "dems=bad" content, is that right?

A post made by a poster who has objectively posted made up stuff in the past as well as copied and pasted other people's opinions to make it look like his own?

mate you are deranging the thread, please back on topic
    nobody cares about who thanks what and why

That's quite the deflection. So you're openly admitting to being a sheep?

And I'm "deranging" the thread? Would you like to explain how? I am demonstrating that there is no point in having a discussion with you because you are not a critical thinker. That seems quite relevant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Back Seat modding is against the charter. Next time will be a sanction! - Kimbot

Kimbot wrote: »
    MOD Back Seat modding is against the charter. Next time will be a sanction! - Kimbot

is it ok that i'm being called a sheep for thanking someone else's post?

is it ok that i'm being called a sheep for thanking someone else's post?

That's not why I called you a sheep now is it?

A great article from Alann Dershowitz, professor emeritus for Harvard Law School, on how Rudi Giuliani is the latest victim of the continual witch hunt by those in power on the Left against Donald Trump.

Giuliani was not provided Due Process, nor was allowed to defend himself, regarding his law practicing suspension by a panel of the Appellate Division of New York, (and probably disbarred in short order by this panel) for protected speech regarding statements he made on television, not in court.

As he stated… “If these rules were applied across the board fairly, and equitably, thousands of lawyers would be disbarred every year.”

I guess the end justifies the means, eh?

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/560563-giulianis-suspension-from-the-law-is-unconstitutional

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A great article from Alann Dershowitz, professor emeritus for Harvard Law School, on how Rudi Giuliani is the latest victim of the continual witch hunt by those in power on the Left against Donald Trump.

Giuliani was not provided Due Process, nor was allowed to defend himself, regarding his law practicing suspension by a panel of the Appellate Division of New York, (and probably disbarred in short order by this panel) for protected speech regarding statements he made on television, not in court.

As he stated… “If these rules were applied across the board fairly, and equitably, thousands of lawyers would be disbarred every year.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/560563-giulianis-suspension-from-the-law-is-unconstitutional

An article by Alan "I kept my boxers on while getting massaged by a 16 year old on Epstein's island"? Excellent.

He has gotten weirder and more surreal with his hot takes over the years and his latest opinions are viewed with incredulity by his former students and peers.

Tldr - more nonsense from Dersh

True

He is guilty of openly wanting to investigate the election, that was a big one, the dems won't forgive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I read part of the decision to suspend Giuliani and he had submitted numerous affidavits in his defence so I don't know how Dershowitz can saw he wasn't allowed defend himself.

Its also worth highlighting that Dershowitz represented Trump in his impeachment trial so may not be entirely neutral in his writings.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    An article by Alan "I kept my boxers on while getting massaged by a 16 year old on Epstein's island"? Excellent.

He has gotten weirder and more surreal with his hot takes over the years and his latest opinions are viewed with incredulity by his former students and peers.

Oh bother. Boorish ad hominem attacks... Typical tactic when you got nothing, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I read part of the decision to suspend Giuliani and he had submitted numerous affidavits in his defence so I don't know how Dershowitz can saw he wasn't allowed defend himself.

Its also worth highlighting that Dershowitz represented Trump in his impeachment trial so may not be entirely neutral in his writings.

Dershowitz sold his soul to Trump. His reputation is in tatters. The same with Rudy. He would still be the hero of 9/11 if it wasn't for trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Oh bother. Boorish ad hominem attacks... Typical tactic when you got nothing, I guess.

Will you keep this energy when next talking about Joe Biden speaking publicly or referring to his age or appearance?

everlast75 wrote: »

Google and confirmation bias are best friends

It's pretty relevant since he's using the witch-hunt thing as a defense for himself too so any argument he's making starts from a bad faith position..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,065 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The rally was primarily about support for a republican running against another republican who Trump thinks wronged him. Something every private citizen has the right to do.

He also used the opportunity to talk about that clusterf*ck of a 2020 election.

So the things I guess that could touch on policy had to so with Biden administration's catastrophe of immigration policies that created the current crisis. He also talked about the opposition to critical race theory and rising crime rates. All of these are things the majority of people would agree with Trump about.

I don't recall him talking about Biden, but if he did I think he would have thanked Joe for following the vaccine rollout plan the Trump administration drew up. And that businesses should have been opened much earlier. And LOL on the bipartisan deal on infrastructure... Biden lied and no republican should ever trust him again.

He lied? How? We all saw him and the Republican Senators at the White House all shaking hands, patting one another on the back and announcing a bipartisan deal had been reached. The only ones crowing about it were MAGA hacks that weren’t at the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Google and confirmation bias are best friends

You just said a few pages back how you find your evidence and what you describe could have been a textbook example of Cognative bias

Will you keep this energy when next talking about Joe Biden speaking publicly or referring to his age or appearance?
    No. I've been Dershowitz'ed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

No. I've been Dershowitz'ed. ;)

Make sure you keep your pants on.

• Advertisement

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Ah Rudi the guy who hits on minors in hotel rooms. Sick pervert.

if you are referring to the Borat scene where he's being tricked by a 24 year old actress pretending to be 15, the circumstances of the set-up appear consensual and the actress is old enough to have consensual sex.

On a side note: The film, released less than a fortnight before the election, ends with an instruction for viewers to vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement