Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    Can you find me some attorneys, other than Rudi, who were disbarred for comments they made in public?

your own link confirmed you were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can you find me some attorneys, other than Rudi, who were disbarred for comments they made in public?

It's about more than what he was saying in public, but also the disparity between his public statements and what he and his team were saying in court. The level of public interest in his statements, the knock-on effect of those statements and how they could affect people's faith in the electoral system, and the lack of evidence supporting those statements, all mean that there is unlikely to be a similar case for comparison.

That doesn't mean the decision was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Firstly as you have already been told he has not been disbarred his license has been suspended pending a full hearing.

It also is not just for what he has claimed in public but the lawsuits he has put his name to and that was claimed during those hearings compared to what he was spouting publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,041 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So basically you're saying it's your opinions based on how you took something against my opinions on how I took something. You should have said that in the first place.

It's a news article not the King James Bible. There's no hidden or spiritual subtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rudy, Powell and others have spewed utter lies surrounding the election and if you missed it,the Capitol building was stormed as a result and people lied.

He didn't learn his lesson, continued with his bullsh1t and something needed to happen.

Rudy is/was a member of the bar and it has taken steps to investigate whether he is worthy of remaining a practising member. It is operating within its rules and if it hasn't, a decent lawyer who will challenge it. Heaven knows it won't be Rudy, he couldn't challenge a parking ticket these days.

It's his own ****ing fault and if that's the worst thing to happen to him as a result of his arseholery, then he got off lightly.

Stop making excuses for these ****ing losers.

Maybe it isn't that "everyone is out to get them". Maybe it is that they're acting like arseholes and like adults they are facing the consequences for it.

• Advertisement

Can you find one who whipped a mob up into a killer frenzy about "trial by combat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Why can't Trump worshippers not read an article beyond the byline? Time and time again this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Tony EH wrote: »
    Why can't Trump worshippers not read an article beyond the byline? Time and time again this happens.

Wrong way to look at it.

If they could read beyond the byline they wouldn't be Trump worshippers in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Billy Mays wrote: »

For paying out cash bonuses to employees?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

“I built the wall; Biden built a humanitarian catastrophe”

Trump remains in the spotlight with new commentary. He’s right… Biden is responsible for the systematically dismantling of our border defenses and increased threats to US sovereignty with his open borders agenda.

Trump needs to keep this type of thing up, that the MSM mostly ignores, to help us republicans retake the House and Senate in 2022.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/30/donald-trump-i-built-the-wall-biden-built-a-humani/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

For reasons which will be fully explained in the indictment papers, which you are welcome to read in full when they come out.

Trump remains in the spotlight with new commentary. He’s right… Biden is responsible for the systematically dismantling of our border defenses and increased threats to US sovereignty with his open borders agenda.

Trump needs to keep this type of thing up, that the MSM mostly ignores, to help us republicans retake the House and Senate in 2022.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/30/donald-trump-i-built-the-wall-biden-built-a-humani/

Please explain. By what system or mechanism has our border been "dismantled" and what is his "open borders agenda?" Is it the 172,000 arrests made in March, or the budget hike he has proposed giving to ICE?

I don't understand how you can make 172,000 arrests if we have no border defense - then who made the arrests?

I thought the wall was unfinished and actually falling down in certain parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah, that's it. that is all it is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Do you know what the tax rules are in relation to paying out cash bonuses to employees and whether or not Trump Org followed those rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Smee_Again wrote: »

and a few trumpetears looking at jail over it too, you can't make this **** up.

jamule wrote: »
    and a few trumpetears looking at jail over it too, you can't make this **** up.

Ah, I'm sure that money was just resting in their account.

Smee_Again wrote: »

Biden put a stop to its construction. Gotta love the fact that Texas Governor Abbott said he will use the $15 Billion Covid Stimulus money (funds Democrats really had in mind to bail out fiscally irresponsible Blue states) to continue building the Texas border wall. Expect Biden's cronies in the DOJ to start lawsuits against Texas.

Biden put a stop to its construction.

No to be clear, he stopped construction without the consent of Congress. If Congress wants to actually appropriate funds for the wall, they for sure can.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Do you know what the tax rules are in relation to paying out cash bonuses to employees and whether or not Trump Org followed those rules?

Yes, and I expect the CFO to get in trouble for it. But it's not as nefarious a situation has the majority of posters would like us to believe by posting shock headlines and no context.

• Advertisement

Biden put a stop to its construction. Gotta love the fact that Texas Governor Abbott said he will use the $15 Billion Covid Stimulus money (funds Democrats really had in mind to bail out fiscally irresponsible Blue states) to continue building the Texas border wall. Expect Biden's cronies in the DOJ to start lawsuits against Texas.

Haha. Stop to construction? When did it actually start? The man had four years to build a wall. According to himself no one knows more about construction and yet he didn't even get a majority of it completed.

What were the final plans? What were the final projected costs? When was Mexico going to pay?

Of course they should start lawsuits. Money given by the federal government to deal with the pandemic are being sipphoned off for political purposes. Even you should be outraged by that?

Considering the wall is already falling down then that seems like a wise move, it obviously isn't fit for purpose.

Yes, and I expect the CFO to get in trouble for it. But it's not as nefarious a situation has the majority of posters would like us to believe by posting shock headlines and no context.

So you know the extent of it. Great. Fill us in. What amounts are we talking about? Who was paid, how much and over how long?

Did Trump himself gain financially from it (I assume he avoided having to pay employer taxes etc.

What are the rules regarding punishments?

And while the CFO will undoubtedly be in trouble, clearly Trump runs his organisation from the top down. He always makes great play of the fact that he is in charge, that he makes the decisions.

Haha. Stop to construction? When did it actually start? The man had four years to build a wall. According to himself no one knows more about construction and yet he didn't even get a majority of it completed.

What were the final plans? What were the final projected costs? When was Mexico going to pay?

Of course they should start lawsuits. Money given by the federal government to deal with the pandemic are being sipphoned off for political purposes. Even you should be outraged by that?

LOL.... I'm waiting on Trump to jab VP Harris that since she finally decided to go to Texas she chose to visit El Paso, an area Trump has actually gotten the wall built, and no wonder she didn't see much of a problem with illegals crossing there because walls work. ;)

LOL.... I'm waiting on Trump to jab VP Harris

gross

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The lack of self awareness is utterly mind blowing

So you know the extent of it. Great. Fill us in. What amounts are we talking about? Who was paid, how much and over how long?

Did Trump himself gain financially from it (I assume he avoided having to pay employer taxes etc.

What are the rules regarding punishments?

And while the CFO will undoubtedly be in trouble, clearly Trump runs his organisation from the top down. He always makes great play of the fact that he is in charge, that he makes the decisions.

If all that concerns you then please don't ask me to do your work because you're too lazy.

LOL.... I'm waiting on Trump to jab VP Harris that since she finally decided to go to Texas she chose to visit El Paso, an area Trump has actually gotten the wall built, and no wonder she didn't see much of a problem with illegals crossing there because walls work. ;)

Sorry, I thought there was a massive problem with illegals entering the county?

Are you saying that in Texas all illegal immigration has stopped? To be honest I would be amazed if that were true, particularly since Trump and the GOP never stop bleating on about the illegals.

What has been the reduction in illegals since the new parts of the wall were built? 50%, 70%? Have other areas, those Trump never got around to building his wall, seen a similar increase since the immigrants will likely now avoid this wall.

You realise a CEO isn't exempt from guilt if the CFO is doing dodgy finances? And the fact they claim not to know is pretty weak...

• Advertisement

If all that concerns you then please don't ask me to do your work because you're too lazy.

It doesn't concern me. I'll let the authorities do their work.

You seem to want to class it as almost nothing. The CFO will be trouble, But it's not as nefarious a situation is what you seem to think.

Yet again, your opinion is based off your support for Trump rather than any actual facts.

You haven't a clue what was going on, but you have already decided that it a 'nothingburger' and nothing to do with Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement