Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought there was a massive problem with illegals entering the county?

Are you saying that in Texas all illegal immigration has stopped? To be honest I would be amazed if that were true, particularly since Trump and the GOP never stop bleating on about the illegals.

What has been the reduction in illegals since the new parts of the wall were built? 50%, 70%? Have other areas, those Trump never got around to building his wall, seen a similar increase since the immigrants will likely now avoid this wall.

Seems you don't read very well. If the wall was all built in Texas why would the Governor use the $15.8 Billion in stimulus funds to continue building the wall Biden Stopped. The CBP (US Customs and Border Protection) has reported seeing a 79% decrease in apprehensions in Zone 1 since the completion of border wall system in that zone.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,041 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    Seems you don't read very well. If the wall was all built in Texas why would the Governor use the $15.8 Billion in stimulus funds to continue building the wall Biden Stopped. The CBP (US Customs and Border Protection) has reported seeing a 79% decrease in apprehensions in Zone 1 since the completion of border wall system in that zone.

Didn't you just get done saying that the wall was already built?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    Didn't you just get done saying that the wall was already built?

Schrodinger's wall

everlast75 wrote: »
    Schrodinger's wall
    Does you side really need to twist my words around constantly? Do you fell proud of yourselves? I said the area where Harris visited, El Paso, the wall was built. Please point to me where I said the entire was was built. Or instead just continue with your Disingenuousness.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Does you side really need to twist my words around constantly? Do you fell proud of yourselves? I said the area where Harris visited, El Paso, the wall was built. Please point to me where I said the entire was was built. Or instead just continue with your Disingenuousness.

Did you copy and paste that last word?

Did you copy and paste that last word?

The odd capitalization suggests so.

Overheal wrote: »
    The odd capitalization suggests so.

That, and the poster's affinity to press Ctrl C and Crtl V...

If all that concerns you then please don't ask me to do your work because you're too lazy.

Are you owed any higher standard of discussion than you Exude?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Do you even know who Schrodinger was? Or get the joke?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »

Well, yes and no.

Yes, do you get the bigger picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes, trump organisation is going down!

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Weren't you one of the people demanding Harris visit the border?

What relevance do you think visiting a singular location on a 1,933 mile border is essential or what is its relevance in terms of the bigger picture?

Weren't you one of the people demanding Harris visit the border?

What relevance do you think visiting a singular location on a 1,933 mile border is essential or what is its relevance in terms of the bigger picture?

Yes, to see first hand the crisis going on at the border. She should have picked an area that was the result of Biden actions causing the crisis, not picking an area Trump had gotten fixed. And what has Harris done regarding the border crisis since she was put in charge of fixing, by the guy responsible for causing it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING should be your answer.

Yes, to see first hand the crisis going on at the border.

How would you see the crisis at the border by standing at the border? What do you think she would see?

Yes, to see first hand the crisis going on at the border. She should have picked an area that was the result of Biden actions causing the crisis, not picking an area Trump had gotten fixed. And what has Harris done regarding the border crisis since she was put in charge of it by the guy responsible for causing it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING should be your answer.

What crisis have you witnessed first hand at the border?

Hmm, Obtuse doesn't seem to be not concerned about accountability for CEOs of companies though... Or he's avoiding the topic entirely...

When was I put in charge of fixing the crisis Biden created? Damn... nobody tells me nothin' :pac:

Maybe Trump should recommend someone who could actually do something about Biden's crisis.

Yes, to see first hand the crisis going on at the border. She should have picked an area that was the result of Biden actions causing the crisis, not picking an area Trump had gotten fixed. And what has Harris done regarding the border crisis since she was put in charge of fixing, by the guy responsible for causing it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING should be your answer.

I've never been to the border. Have you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When was I put in charge of fixing the crisis Biden created? Damn... nobody tells me nothin' :pac:

Conservative have been bleating on about the border crisis for 40 years, but now it's Biden's fault?

How does that work? You sound like the people blaming him for fuel prices, no concept of things going on outside of his control.

And yet when a President definitively act to impact a situation negatively, as Trump, did with Covid, the same guys claim that he couldn't do anything about it. SMH.

Maybe Trump should recommend someone who could actually do something about Biden's crisis.

I'll ask the question again shall I, because you didn't answer it above

Conservative have been bleating on about the border crisis for 40 years, but now it's Biden's fault?

How does that work? You sound like the people blaming him for fuel prices, no concept of things going on outside of his control.

And yet when a President definitively act to impact a situation negatively, as Trump, did with Covid, the same guys claim that he couldn't do anything about it. SMH.

Because the amount of illegal immigrants coming though the border since Biden was elected is something like already twice that of the previous year.

Trump tried (and Democrats fought him at every step), and continues to push to build the wall... BECAUSE IT WORKS TO MASSIVELY CUT DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57422618

Because the amount of illegal immigrants coming though the border since Biden was elected is something like already twice that of the previous year.

The previous year? You mean the year of the pandemic? How about you compare it to the year before the pandemic?

Trump tried (and Democrats fought him at every step), and continues to push to build the wall... BECAUSE IT WORKS TO MASSIVELY CUT DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57422618

To be clear, your claim is southern illegal migration is up by 100% over last year when there was a global pandemic?

That could in itself be anywhere from going from 50 migrants to 100 as it would be from 500 thousand to a million. Perhaps you would be less alarmed by the rate of change if you observed the year over year trends. It would be more rational of you to at least frame it against the 2019 rate of border arrests, which the 2021 trends are still higher than, but this may also be because 2020 is the lowest year in recent memory for migrant arrests

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

Which in itself is reasonably explicable, migrants who would have made the crossing in 2020 were more likely to carry over in 2021. So, I don't see how the election outcome would have altered vastly the number of migrants who showed up, which appears to be your insinuation here today.

I think we've all realised the username NOTOBTUSE is ironic

I think we've all realised the username NOTOBTUSE is ironic

My username comes from a shortened version of a name given to me by Stephen King's personal assistant, Marsha (who retired one year ago today). The actual name she gave me was "Not Completely Obtuse." :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Biden put a stop to its construction. Gotta love the fact that Texas Governor Abbott said he will use the $15 Billion Covid Stimulus money (funds Democrats really had in mind to bail out fiscally irresponsible Blue states) to continue building the Texas border wall. Expect Biden's cronies in the DOJ to start lawsuits against Texas.

He be far better off spending money on the decrepit Texas Power Infrastructure , so that his constituents don't die of the cold or the heat given that both have happened in Texas in the last 6 months.

Or you know he could pi$$ money away on a useless vanity project that will have zero benefit to anyone for anything , but will make Donald love him.

• Advertisement

My username comes from a shortened version of a name given to me by Stephen King's personal assistant, Marsha (who retired one year ago today). The actual name she gave me was "Not Completely Obtuse." :P

I'm the Pope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement