Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

notobtuse wrote: »
    Me too. Great steaks. Didn't dare walk around at night, though.

Why not, is the wall not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You question has no relevance and is idiotic. Yet you keep repeating the nonsense. I'm not in charge of fixing the crisis. I am impacted by the massive amounts of taxpayer dollars it take to deal with the illegal immigrants that come here, though.

So, you've never witnessed the problems you claim that happen with illegal immigrants.

What drain on the taxpayer do these immigrants have on the taxpayer dollars? verifiable citation please on facts produced thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What’s the official language of the USA btw?

None whatsoever that I am aware of, by happy coincidence the framers spoke the King's english, but we don't follow that these days.

Sure there are. Like the areas in London that only speak Arabic and are no go areas for the police.

Oh was that all a big lie too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

duploelabs wrote: »
    So, you've never witnessed the problems you claim that happen with illegal immigrants.

What drain on the taxpayer do these immigrants have on the taxpayer dollars?
    I’ll answer you one last time, but I rather not respond to moronic questions anymore, so don’t expect any more answers to these kind of idiotic questions. You’re smart enough to know illegal immigration costs taxpayers money in the form of hospitals, health care, public services, schools, roads, bridges, courts, human services, police, money to illegal parents of children they pop out in the country, and on and on. Good luck.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

I’ll answer you one last time, but I rather not respond to moronic questions anymore, so don’t expect any more answers to these kind of idiotic questions. You’re smart enough to know illegal immigration costs taxpayers money in the form of hospitals, health care, public services, schools, roads, bridges, courts, human services, police, money to illegal parents of children they pop out in the country, and on and on. Good luck.

Absolutely none of your assertions are true without citation. In fact, I'm yet to see any of your statements backed up with any verifiable source, and then when you have been shown that you're wrong and completely out of your depth, you ignore the question and/or change the subject. Remember when you're served your ar$e on a plate with your hot air about Rudi just a few pages back.? Don't worry, we all do.

Your ideas and knowledge are laughable, and just go to show you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

You've made the claim that it should be common sense that illegal immigrants receive more taxpayer money than they contribute, but there are many studies that show the opposite is true. While I'm not arguing whether it is or isn't the case, it certainly isn't common sense or as easy to determine as you seem to think.

You've again shown that you haven't even fully researched even any of your own independent thoughts™.

"According to the National Foundation for American Policy, immigrants will add a net of $611 billion to the Social Security system over the next 75 years."

Good luck.

If you are concerned with the cost of immigrants: why not legalize them? Then we can tax them more readily. Some estimates put the GDP gain at over $1.5 T over a decade by turning them into legitimate taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I better learn Spanish though before I go back again because there are whole areas that speak no English.

Why is this a problem? Is English the official language of the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why did your acquaintance get disbarred, and in what country?

Disputes with clients. Disbarred in the State of NY

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Disputes with clients. Disbarred in the State of NY
    Disputes with clients? That is interesting. Disputes with clients is not something I found in the reasons for disbarment in the state of NY. Seems to me there is something much more to it than you're letting on.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Why is this a problem? Is English the official language of the USA?

There is no official language in the US. But to succeed in the US you need to be able to communicate and everyone here legally knows that means speaking and reading in English. Although our government and larger businesses now acknowledging the massive amounts of illegals in the country and many calls to them you are offered either English or Spanish. Sad really.

There is no official language in the US. But to succeed in the US you need to be able to communicate and everyone here legally knows that means speaking and reading in English.

When you're done with your visit to the border, you might want to go to each person in these places and tell them that they're never going to succeed in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Me too. Great steaks. Didn't dare walk around at night, though.

Really never had an issue walking around Chicago or New York at night.
    Actually never had an issue in any city in the world that I have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

everlast75 wrote: »

What’s the point of this bullsh1t tour? It’s not like he has any relevance anymore, outside of his festering minions. Who pays for this mad entourage with him. I know as an ex-president he has certain entitlements, but this visit to the border almost seems like he thinks he still has some policy control.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What’s the point of this bullsh1t tour? It’s not like he has any relevance anymore, outside of his festering minions. Who pays for this mad entourage with him. I know as an ex-president he has certain entitlements, but this visit to the border almost seems like he thinks he still has some policy control.

It's purely a vanity tour, nothing more or less. The guy needs that fawning adulation from his cult followers to keep his ego propped up. Expect those "rallies" to continue for the next few years, he'll just trot out the same nonsense, lies and catchphrases and his base will lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭briany

To be honest, these charges against the Trump organisation are pretty weak.

A) The public is used to large organisations coming under fire for not paying tax

B) Trump himself divested himself from the organisation (ostensibly)

C) All the heat will probably just go on this Alan Weiselberg person

But the media will make it all about Trump himself, and Trump will handily use that to claim a witch hunt. Something he's already doing, but this will add legitimacy to his claims.

Is Trump being investigated for anything criminal he himself has done, or is this tax thing the apex? Because if this is it, get ready for the return to politics of Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING: A grand jury has indicted the Trump Organization and its CFO, Allen Weisselberg, over allegations of unpaid taxes on benefits for Trump Organization executives. Weisselberg will turn himself in tomorrow.

Here we go.

Although our government and larger businesses now acknowledging the massive amounts of illegals in the country and many calls to them you are offered either English or Spanish. Sad really.

Really now, Press 2 for spanish is a liberal conspiracy?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1410415968749330437?s=19

Still banging on about "person, woman, man, camera, tv" and sean "lickspittle" hannity heaping praise over him, trump grinning like a little child.

Utterly pathetic

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1410415968749330437?s=19

Still banging on about "person, woman, man, camera, tv" and sean "lickspittle" hannity heaping praise over him, trump grinning like a little child.

Utterly pathetic
    Not to forget that it was a test for dementia.
    Might as well praise him for keeping his crayons within the lines in his colouring book

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Utterly pathetic

Saw clip of him talking about it at a press conference with Greg Abbot. He said that his physician said 'You know, you're very intelligent, you should do a cognitive test' and Trump responded, 'What is it?'

If he was 10% as intelligent as he thinks he is, he'd probably know what a cognitive test is.

briany wrote: »
    No they are not. They are felony charges.
    A) The public is used to large organisations coming under fire for not paying tax
    What has that got to do with their legal impact?
    *false*
    Correct - and he knows *everything* about the foundation. He is looking at real time, and he is no spring chicken. While I will not hold my breath to see 45 in handcuffs, I'm not naïve enough to think that there may be ramifications for the children. If the company is charged and found guilty, it has real problems going forward doing deals and getting finance. It could very well crumble as a result.
    But the media will make it all about Trump himself, and Trump will handily use that to claim a witch hunt. Something he's already doing
    Exactly. We have heard this all before
    but this will add legitimacy to his claims.
    *false*
    Is Trump being investigated for anything criminal he himself has done, or is this tax thing the apex?
    Who knows, but he is only out of office 5 months and these charges drop. After all that he has done, I doubt this is the end of it.
    Because if this is it, get ready for the return to politics of Donald Trump.
    lol

But the media will make it all about Trump himself, and Trump will handily use that to claim a witch hunt. Something he's already doing, but this will add legitimacy to his claims.

Is Trump being investigated for anything criminal he himself has done, or is this tax thing the apex? Because if this is it, get ready for the return to politics of Donald Trump.

The charges so far are illegal tax avoidance, that's not to say that's the cumilation of the charges against Trump.org. However those charges so far are not to be sniffed at and basically mean the end of trumps business interests and revenue, aside from the shilling for these bullish!t 'tours'. Its also worth noting that these charges have gone through a grand jury process, which are watertight from the prosecution side, and thus any leaks or rumours of what charges will be presented can only have come from the defendants team, who will inevitably downplay the charges. So let's just see what washes out.
    As for this 'Alan Weisenberg person', he has been CFO for the trump organisation for twenty years, and previously worked as a bookkeeper for Fred Trump. For someone who has lived in a life of luxury as Weisenberg has, its amazing what a prison cell can do for a person's loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

trump was in charge when the offences happened. they didnt just start the day be became president. this is only a tiny taster morsel before the big meal arrives.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

How have you come up with numbers that get across the border and aren't caught?

GrimyDapperCrustacean-max-1mb.gif

And you do know new research suggests that the population of illegal aliens in the United States is more like 22 million, nearly twice what is being reported. How many millions would Ireland be willing to take off our hands? Or would you rather just tell us in the US what we should do?

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

In terms of the distribution of how illegal immigrants come to be in the US, this article gives a reasonable breakdown

Is that GIF your way of accepting that walls don't work and are a complete waste of time effort and money?

Every country has the right to deal with illegal immigration how they see fit within the bounds of National and International law , we're just pointing out that building a wall is without question the least effective method of resolving or even mitigating the issue. And more specifically, illegally using government funds intended for another purpose to build said wall is an even stupider act.

It should also be pointed out that a significant proportion of those coming to the US are not doing so illegally (at least at first) - If someone arrives at a border post and requests asylum they have broken no laws - They are entitled to seek asylum and then the country (US in this case) reviews their claim and decides if it's valid etc. (Ireland currently do a horrible job of this process with Direct Provision being an utter shambles from start to finish).

Now , if they do a runner while waiting for that ruling , then they have broken the law and are now an "Illegal Immigrant" and should be treated as such, but just arriving at the border is not a crime despite what Fox et al might try to tell people every single day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well his CFO Allan wesselberg has surrendered to prosecutors and I know it seems he’s stayed loyal to trump up to now, but he more than anyone should know that with the trump family, loyalty is a one way street, then if he thinks that when push comes to shove the trumps(specifically Donald trump) will save him then he’s learnt nothing from his years around the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hopefully he'll sing like a bird to save himself and take them all down.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1410568185326321666?s=19

It's patently obvious that Kevin has stuff to hide.

The "there's nothing to see here" brigade have reached Comical Ali proportions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement