Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

notobtuse wrote: »
    No, please read what I wrote. I didn't say it was wrong to sentence her for a misdemeanor, I'm saying what House Democrats are doing regarding this is absurdity.

Regarding what? Her prosecution?

You're referring to a 35 year old as a girl, and you brought this up only because she's a grandmother, even though she's 49.

Don't talk bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

I agree with a little of that. But was that a reason for a Capital policeman to put a bullet through the chest, at point blank range, of an unarmed girl who was in a position to do no harm? A taser couldn't have stopped her?

Tasers don't always stop people, and police weren't actually in a position to know what her intentions were and what she could do. The woman had absolutely no right to be doing what she was doing, and there was also a mob of like-minded angry people alongside her. Yes, I'm afraid the bullet was necessary. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I often see on social media republicans saying if he hadn’t ran away from the police he wouldn’t have been shot, now I see one claiming that someone going toward them that was shot shouldn’t have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

salmocab wrote: »
    I often see on social media republicans saying if he hadn’t ran away from the police he wouldn’t have been shot, now I see one claiming that someone going toward them that was shot shouldn’t have been.

It’s like white supremacists had an awakening when they saw one of their own gunned down with the same use of force rules they so laud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Christy42 wrote: »
    Woman as opposed to girl. She wasn't 12.
    A definition of 'girl' is a young woman. I consider her to be a young woman and therefore a girl.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Maybe a questionnaire before engaging with people might save folk some time.

1) do you believe the election results are correct
    2) do you believe any assertions made by Powell, Rudy or Lindell
    3) have you read the Mueller report
    4) do you think it was a witch hunt?
    5) etc etc

Any one of these could be a disqualifier

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A definition of 'girl' is a young woman. I consider her to be a young woman and therefore a girl.

Then you must really have some strong negative reactions to Matt Gaetz ****ing a 17 year old if you think a 36 year old rotting dead terrorist is a girl.

briany wrote: »
    Tasers don't always stop people, and police weren't actually in a position to know what her intentions were and what she could do. The woman had absolutely no right to be doing what she was doing, and there was also a mob of like-minded angry people alongside her. Yes, I'm afraid the bullet was necessary. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, as they say.

Interesting... would you be saying the same thing if what the police did to her was done by police to BLM or antifa protesters who ignore instructions?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Interesting... would you be saying the same thing if what the police did to her was done by police to BLM or antifa protesters who ignore instructions?

If they were black and did the exact same thing? Yes they’d be shot dead no question to issue.

But antifa or BLM orgs have never ignored any instruction to not conduct an insurrection anywhere near the US Capitol so your point is moot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

she was 35.

everlast75 wrote: »

LOL... Congresswoman Liz Cheney (RINO) who was removed from her conference chair by House Republicans, and has an axe to grind against Trump and the GOP, is chosen by Pelosi to be in her witch-hunt investigation. Knock me over with a feather!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

randd1 wrote: »
    There's no point in engaging with a Trump cultist.

Not because they're bad people, but because the conspiracy theories woven by QAnon, Trump and themselves have them utterly convinced they're fighting a righteous, ideological war, and that anything that goes against Trump is part of the conspiracy to not only destroy Trump, but them too.

It's a cult. And like a lot of cults, it doesn't matter what facts or logic you throw at them, what matters is what the leader says, how what he says makes them feel important, and how they feel dutiful in defending the hero they see as saving them, and his more famous acolytes. Anything negative or wrong on his part, no matter how provable, is a lie peddled by the enemy. All his lies and wrongdoings are truths in the face of the enemy.

I think a lot of the Trump followers are genuine people that don't wish anyone harm in general, most of them come across as ordinary people, and they are. They just have simply drank the Kool Aid. No different to David Koresh at Waco, or Jim Jones at Jonestown, the only difference with Trump is the huge numbers.

There's literally no point in debating or engaging with them, after this length of time, between the likes of FOX, AON, QAnon and other internet echo chambers, their minds are not their own anymore. It's both fascinating and frightening to see it on such a scale.

Very well said. I know I shouldn't read the likes of MTG but its complulsive reading how deluded the likes of her and other Trump supporters are.
    Recently shes called for disbandment of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), suggested the FBI organised January 6th riot and now attacks the national security agency. As well as claiming their elections are corrupt.

Could a Russian plant do a better job?

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1410231477422411779

she was 35.

Yes, definitely a young woman in these old tired eyes.

LOL... Congresswoman Liz Cheney (RINO) who was removed from her conference chair by House Republicans, and has an axe to grind against Trump and the GOP, is chosen by Pelosi to be in her witch-hunt investigation. Knock me over with a feather!!!!!

Woman who voted with trump 98% of the time you mean?

“RINO” = the exhibited independent thought

What’s the point of calling the GOP a big tent of diverse opinion when someone wo expresses that opinion is declared a RINO?

Pathetic.

So Matt Gaetz screwing a 17 year old for money: how’s that sit with you, old eyes?

you're so transparent you should consider a job as a window.

you're so transparent you should consider a job as a window.

I do.... A window to the truth and reasoned debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

Very well said. I know I shouldn't read the likes of MTG but its complulsive reading how deluded the likes of her and other Trump supporters are.
    Recently shes called for disbandment of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), suggested the FBI organised January 6th riot and now attacks the national security agency. As well as claiming their elections are corrupt.

Could a Russian plant do a better job?

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1410231477422411779

They don't need to.

Celebrity culture, the internet and declining education standards seem to have allowed people in America to be easily led en masse.

let us know when you start. All we have seen so far is gaslighting and deflection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Were you not referring to a 49 year old as a grandmother a moment ago in order to try and portray them as being old and harmless?

At what point between the ages of 35, when still a girl in your eyes, does someone become an adult such that they may then progress onto the old age category of grandparent just a mere 14 years later?

That's quite the claim from someone who objectively
    • has been shown to be wrong many many times, and yet never acknowledges it
    • has copied and pasted other people's opinions to make it seem like their own
    • has posted links to articles containing many fabricated statements
    • will stop answering your questions when he realises he is wrong

Perhaps you meant the truth™ and reasoned debate™ instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

robinph wrote: »
    At what point between the ages of 35, when still a girl in your eyes, does someone become an adult such that they may then progress onto the old age category of grandparent just a mere 14 years later?

Whatever point suits the narrative being pushed.

Kevin McCarthy so scared of the truth he’s threatening fellow Republicans with losing their committee assignments if they are part of the 1/6 investigation.

I don’t think that’s going to be a big deal for Republicans who choose to sit on the panel. Oh no the insurrectionists are coercing us not to investigate them Ah oh no

Any reason why you're ignoring overheal's query about Gaetz?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I agree with a little of that. But was that a reason for a Capital policeman to put a bullet through the chest, at point blank range, of an unarmed girl who was in a position to do no harm? A taser couldn't have stopped her?

The reason for the police shooting her was because that was his job. That was the reason he was stood there with a gun to ensure that non of the protesters got through, and shoot them if they did.

Penn wrote: »
    Whatever point suits the narrative being pushed.
    Are you saying I've learned from the best here?

Are you saying I've learned from the best here?

you've always managed that very well on your own. you needed no guidance from anybody here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

robinph wrote: »
    The reason for the police shooting her was because that was his job. That was the reason he was stood there with a gun to ensure that non of the protesters got through, and shoot them if they did.

Apparently, she and the angry mob alongside here only wanted to break through that window so they could have a nice relaxed and reasonable discussion with Nancy Pelosi about bi-partisan reform...

Meanwhile, back in reality land, if you want an idea of what Babbitt and her compatriots would have done to virtually any politician on their bad list, look what those outside the Capitol did to officer Brian Sicknick.

That's not even to mention the gallows and shouts of 'Hang Mike Pence!'. If anyone thinks Babbitt and co. were there to do anything but damage to whoever they could get their hands on, they're deluded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement