Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Penn wrote: »
    You'd think with all that going on, Trump would have been more careful and made sure to do everything in accordance with the law. I mean if anything, you're making Trump out to be even greedier.
    Or you'd think that he probably removed himself from the day to day operations of his businesses and not aware of these things because he was following the law... and oh, I don't know... busy running the country, doing battle with the lying mainstream media, and dealing with the democrats unethical tactics and obstructionist ways.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

notobtuse wrote: »
    Or you'd think that he probably removed himself from the day to day operations of his businesses and not aware of these things because he was following the law... and oh, I don't know... busy running the country, doing battle with the lying mainstream media, and dealing with the democrats unethical tactics and obstructionist ways.

JoyfulRemarkableBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And we are back to saying that entire States are systemically set up to target certain people.

And yet when minorities claim the same systematic abuse of systems against them they are, normally by GOP and right wingers, told there is no systematic abuse since there are laws in place to protect them.

Is it your accusation that NY is a illegimate organisation targeting specific individuals based on nothing more than their political beliefs?

And that Trump was powerless to do anything about this in the 4 years he was POTUS, despite having executive powers,

Some government entities within New York... YES! I think that's plainly evident.

Trump wouldn't do what you think he had the power to do. He couldn't put a stop to his political enemies.... Trump's not a democrat, you know.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is tha why he spent all his time at Mar a Lago? And why he refused to let the press inspect that table full of blank Manila folders with blank sheets of paper in them, and ultimately why he didn’t put his assets into a blind trust, which would have otherwise insulated him from such trouble? Yeah, can’t see how he brought this on himself /s

Jimmy Carter is giggling all the way to his bowl of boiled peanuts.

Eh, how long does the crime go back though? If it goes back a decade or two, claiming ignorance is pretty incredible. Particularly for a supposedly amazing business man.:pac: Can you clarify, should Al Capone only have been subject to a fine? By your logic, a slap on the wrists was all that should have happened.

Weirdly, ethics of Giuliani and Trump don't seem to matter to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Going back 15 years?

But if so, if Trump didn't know about it, he should speak out about Weisselberg and testify against him. I mean, if he wasn't aware of these things, then Weisselberg was doing this on his own back, using Trump's businesses and money. He's completely sullied Trump's name, business and reputation. Shouldn't Trump be fully in support of the charges against Weisselberg? Trump's own children might face investigation/charges because of this, and I assume you believe they had no idea about it either. They should offer their full help and support in the charges against Weisselberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I wish Republicans and their supporters would just stop trying to spoof their way through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Some government entities within New York... YES! I think that's plainly evident.

Trump wouldn't do what you think he had the power to do. He couldn't put a stop to his political enemies.... Trump's not a democrat, you know.

And yet Trump was happy doing business in NY for years. Called it his home. All the while it was a corrupt session pit?

And when he got POTUS power, he was unable to do anything?

What would be the point of supporting such an ineffectual person? He said he would drain the swamp yet you agree he is powerless.

That is really odd

He certainly was a busy man.

Er-spnEW4AczZGw?format=jpg&name=small

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And yet Trump was happy doing business in NY for years. Called it his home. All the while it was a corrupt session pit?

And when he got POTUS power, he was unable to do anything?

What would be the point of supporting such an ineffectual person? He said he would drain the swamp yet you agree he is powerless.

That is really odd
    One of the reasons I support Trump is because he didn’t abuse the office of President like Obama and Biden, who weaponized government agencies like the IRS, the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, and the NSA, amongst others to target his political enemies. I guess that makes Trump an ineffectual President in your eyes. Sad really that you would think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Overheal wrote: »
    Nah Coke is out of the system by the end of the weekend
    You think he's only doing it at the weekend???

Lad was off his chops on the morning of Jan 6th and that was a Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭Cody montana

One of the reasons I support Trump is because he didn’t abuse the office of President like Obama and Biden, who weaponized government agencies like the IRS, the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, and the NSA, amongst others to target his political enemies. I guess that makes Trump and ineffectual President in your eyes. Sad really.

You are not living in reality at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

One of the reasons I support Trump is because he didn’t abuse the office of President like Obama and Biden, who weaponized government agencies like the IRS, the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, and the NSA, amongst others to target his political enemies. I guess that makes Trump an ineffectual President in your eyes. Sad really that you would think so.

This is a joke post, right?

Except when it came to spying on reporters and such,

“ Donald Trump mounted an overnight Twitter blitz demanding to jail his political enemies and call out allies he says are failing to arrest his rivals swiftly enough.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/07/trump-demands-barr-arrest-foes-427389

Holy ****.

Dude, stop getting your news from far right ****e.

“ Attorney General William Barr very publicly threatened to resign if President Trump did not stop publicly telling him who to prosecute. Barr might not be a believer in conventional norms of political noninterference in the Justice Department, but he does believe in the appearance of it. He is willing to investigate Trump’s enemies, but he understands that if he does so after Trump publicly orders up the charges, it looks rather bad. Barr has been “persistently vexed” by the tweets, considered a round of February demands to go easy on loyal Trump accomplice Roger Stone “something of a last straw,” and told the Washington Post, via a “person familiar with Barr’s thinking,” that “He has his limits.””

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/william-barr-trump-russia-durham-investigation-deep-state-mueller-fbi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hear ya. One of the reasons I support Trump is because he runs a marathon every day while also picking up litter along the way. So sad that the fake news never reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

More from nymag: Excerpt from the new book by Michael Wolff about the last days of the #2xIMPOTUS WH, and how out of it the #2xIMPOTUS actually was. A lot of us were saved by the fact that the #2xIMPOTUS was lazy, stupid and incompetent, even when he wanted to 'overturn the vote' or whatever he thought Pence would do on 6 January.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/michael-wolff-landslide-final-days-trump-presidency-excerpt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He certainly was a busy man.

Er-spnEW4AczZGw?format=jpg&name=small

that sounds less convincing than one of my time sheets.

Well well well. A Scranton PA dentist has been charged with sexual assault of a patient after investigators got him to admit it in a phone conversation the were recording with the victim where he admitted to the crime and offered free dental care as a settlement.

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/news/local/lackawanna-county/dentist-charged-with-indecent-assault-in-lackawanna-county/523-b8dc6d48-6a01-413f-9a17-9a7cadc69df3

What does this have to do with Trump? Well Dr. Albert Hazourri was/is also a paying member at Mar a Lago

“Stand up, Albert. Where the hell are you, Albert? Stand up, Albert. He’s a good golfer, but I’m actually a better golfer than him. Right?”

Hazourri somewhat infamously penned a note for Trump on mar a Lago letterhead addressing Trump as “Dear King” while peddling the special interests of the American Dental Association.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/trump-mar-lago-buddy-pennsylvania-dentist-veterans-administration-policy-pitch-pro-publica/

Trump seems to attract the best people. If Dems all hung out in membership clubs like this we’d never hear the end of it and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He literally fired people who ran these agencies who wouldn't do what he wanted them to do.....

P.S. I know we're all responding to you and maybe you think that means you're engaging in debate with a whole raft of people who have no time for Trump but whatever about everyone else, I don't see this as debate. I see this as someone completely detached from reality spouting nonsense that he read on a Trump fan page somewhere and people making sure that such nonsense does not go unchallenged.

P.P.S. I'm also editing my posts before I send them to remove the swear words your arguments provoke me to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

Penn wrote: »
    Going back 15 years?

But if so, if Trump didn't know about it, he should speak out about Weisselberg and testify against him. I mean, if he wasn't aware of these things, then Weisselberg was doing this on his own back, using Trump's businesses and money. He's completely sullied Trump's name, business and reputation. Shouldn't Trump be fully in support of the charges against Weisselberg? Trump's own children might face investigation/charges because of this, and I assume you believe they had no idea about it either. They should offer their full help and support in the charges against Weisselberg.
    `

Trump will continue with the witch hunt spiel because he considers it the best thing for his politics and brand at this point. If and when it gets to the point of saving his own arse, he will completely turn on that CFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

If Dems all hung out in membership clubs like this we’d never hear the end of it and rightly so.

I hear they prefer clubs of the whites only variety.

Celticfire wrote: »

You are mistaken: Biden runs the presidency from the White *House* not a members only club in Florida, or a “whites only” club elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

You are mistaken: Biden runs the presidency from the White *House* not a members only club in Florida, or a “whites only” club elsewhere.

I'm not mistaken, I didn't mention where Biden runs the presidency from at all. The point is that yes Democrat's belong to member only clubs also. One of those clubs just happens to be an all white club. ( but you know that already)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They selected a Black man to be their President....

I'm not mistaken, I didn't mention where Biden runs the presidency from at all. The point is that yes Democrat's belong to member only clubs also. One of those clubs just happens to be an all white club. ( but you know that already)

Are they the president? Plenty of Republican lawmakers I wager also partake in clubs elsewhere. However there’s no comparison there to the grift at mar a Lago.

Carlson previously tried to claim that Trump’s own FBI staged the insurrection citing “Person 1 Person 2” etc in charging documents as ‘like Uhm, clearly FBI agents’

Unfortunately for tucker Person 15 just pleaded guilty in federal court and his name has now been unmasked. More to follow. Person 15 is an Oathkeeper who stands guilty of criminal conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/oath-keeper-guilty-plea-chips-away-at-tucker-carlsons-theory-that-fbi-organized-jan-6/

This is a joke post, right?

Not in the least bit. It will go down in history as president Obama's biggest crime committed and gotten away with... abuse of power. Biden also is guilty of it as VP and continues today as president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not in the least bit. It will go down in history as president Obama's biggest crime committed and gotten away with... abuse of power. Biden also is guilty of it as VP and continues today as president.

Bet ya don't have any sources to back up these claims

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement