Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seems like Melania has moved on; not living at Mar-a-Lago nor spending much time with the #2xIMPOTUS. Well, she got what she wanted, a financed kid and US citizenship for her mother and ex-Communist party father.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-melania-eat-alone-mar-a-lago-restaurant-2021-7?r=US&IR=T

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Igotadose wrote: »
    Seems like Melania has moved on; not living at Mar-a-Lago nor spending much time with the #2xIMPOTUS. Well, she got what she wanted, a financed kid and US citizenship for her mother and ex-Communist party father.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-melania-eat-alone-mar-a-lago-restaurant-2021-7?r=US&IR=T

As an aside , everything I've ever read about Mar-a-Lago makes it seem like an incredibly tacky awful place.

Full of seedy nouveau riche types trying desperately to seem like they have style - A kind of Hamptons for the utterly classless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    As an aside , everything I've ever read about Mar-a-Lago makes it seem like an incredibly tacky awful place.

Full of seedy nouveau riche types trying desperately to seem like they have style - A kind of Hamptons for the utterly classless.

Does this look tacky to you? DOES IT???!!!!!

trump-mar-a-lago-opener.jpg

Donald-Trump-Mar-a-Lago-Palm-Beach-Florida_4-768x975.jpg

My eyes are bleeding.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

Obviously Donald Trump went to the Chester J. Lampwick school of design.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fairly reserved compared to his NY apartment.

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=1600&h=838&url=https:%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F28%2F2016%2F11%2Ftrump-tower-penthouse-columns-PENTHOUSE1116.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Does this look tacky to you? DOES IT???!!!!!

trump-mar-a-lago-opener.jpg

[/IMG]

Is this from The Witches of Eastwick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=1600&h=838&url=https:%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F28%2F2016%2F11%2Ftrump-tower-penthouse-columns-PENTHOUSE1116.jpg
    I'm starting to think Mike Myres referenced trump when conceiving goldmember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So it is unstylish by today’s standards? Oh, the humanity? From the pictures that were posted here it appeals to be aimed at a certain clientele, whom seem to have loads of money, and want to stay in a place with that atmosphere. Seems like a good marketing plan aimed at a niche market.

Hey, maybe Democrats can impeach a former president again for ‘Crimes Against Modern Day Décor.’ They could you know, as the rules for impeachment are written in such a manner that they can impeach a president (or now even a former president) for just about any reason whatsoever they come up with, and they’ve debased the impeachment process down to a petty political hatred game played by the ruling congressional party.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    So it is unstylish by today’s standards? Oh, the humanity? From the pictures that were posted here it appeals to be aimed at a certain clientele, whom seem to have loads of money, and want to stay in a place with that atmosphere. Seems like a good marketing plan aimed at a niche market.

Hey, maybe Democrats can impeach a former president again for ‘Crimes Against Modern Day Décor.’ They could you know, as the rules for impeachment are written in such a manner that they can impeach a president (or now even a former president) for just about any reason whatsoever they come up with, and they’ve debased the impeachment process down to a petty political hatred game played by the ruling congressional party.
    And in one fell swoop you've demonstrated that your knowledge of design and aesthetics is on a par with your knowledge of politics and civics

In fairness, I think the type of person who ever viewed that place as stylish likely thought Tony Montana was really classy.

And nope, no debasement of the impeachment process although he did debase the office of the president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

All vulgar opulence and zero class.

In fairness, I think the type of person who ever viewed that place as stylish likely thought Tony Montana was really classy.

And nope, no debasement of the impeachment process although he did debase the office of the president.

and probably with a similar appetite for cocaine.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It is unstylish by ANY days standards to be honest.

It's an attempt by someone utterly lacking in anything approaching taste to replicate a Louis XIV/XV style and ends up just being a vomitorium of gold leaf and marble. His NY residence is even worse.

They are crass ,garish and entirely lacking even a shred of class and decorum - Just like the owner.

It is unstylish by ANY days standards to be honest.

It's an attempt by someone utterly lacking in anything approaching taste to replicate a Louis XIV/XV style and ends up just being a vomitorium of gold leaf and marble. His NY residence is even worse.

They are crass ,garish and entirely lacking even a shred of class and decorum - Just like the owner.
    So? Definitely not my cup of tea. But from a business perspective if it brings in clientele willing to pay the high rates, and is a profitable business venture, then it is simple marketing astuteness.

I wasn't aware his NY private residence caused so much consternation. Learn something every day, I guess.

I hear he also wears the same color socks. So garish by today’s woke standards. Do the fashion police have apprehension abilities, or are they limited to mere fines?

Maybe next we can bellyache on his choice of ties.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So? Definitely not my cup of tea. But from a business perspective if it brings in clientele willing to pay the high rates, and is a profitable business venture, then it is simple marketing astuteness.

I wasn't aware his NY private residence caused so much consternation. Learn something every day, I guess.

I hear he also wears the same color socks. So garish by today’s woke standards. Do the fashion police have apprehension abilities, or are they limited to mere fines?

his constant wearing of a red tie is totally cliched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I'd settle for him learning how to wear one properly.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I'd settle for him learning how to wear one properly.

Even just tied at the correct length, let alone a decent knot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

duploelabs wrote: »

His tiny hands might make tying a decent knot difficult.

duploelabs wrote: »

exactly, who wears a tie that covers their crotch?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can’t even wear a tie properly and stands like a lopsided penguin squaring off with a puffin :p

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Can’t even wear a tie properly and stands like a lopsided penguin squaring off with a puffin

Careful now, someone might get triggered as they've the inability to take the p!ss out of their orange lord

None of his businesses are profitable certainly none of his Golf Courses and resorts - They all lose money year in year out.

Mar-a-Lago more than any other Trump property is a reflection of Trump himself - i.e. Ostentatious and Braggadocios and entirely lacking in subtlety and taste.

As others have pointed out, the man is so aggressively lacking in taste and style as to almost make you believe that it's some kind of Kaufman-esque long play joke.

How the **** do you use someone wearing the same socks as an excuse to have a go at "woke culture".

The mind boggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

The way Trump expresses his wealth is in a way that I find garish and distasteful, but it's also another example of why he relates so well to 'the base'. I think those people have much more admiration for a man who puts their wealth on very obvious show like that as opposed to the current fashion among many of the western wealthy to live in those very clean, sparse-looking modern homes, living an eco-friendly lifestyle and eating nuts and vegetable milk for breakfast. That kind of an expression of wealth they cannot understand. Gold cornices and a mink bedspread, they can. That's the American dream to them - gold house, fast car, access to the best plastic surgeons, and a big wall to build around it.

everlast75 wrote: »
    How the **** do you use someone wearing the same socks as an excuse to have a go at "woke culture".

The mind boggles?
    Oh, I don’t know... maybe the same way as the décor of a business venture is evidence of some armchair physiologist’s diagnosis of a Kaufman-esque joke.

briany wrote: »
    The way Trump expresses his wealth is in a way that I find garish and distasteful, but it's also another example of why he relates so well to 'the base'. I think those people have much more admiration for a man who puts their wealth on very obvious show like that as opposed to the current fashion among many of the western wealthy to live in those very clean, sparse-looking modern homes, living an eco-friendly lifestyle and eating nuts and vegetable milk for breakfast. That kind of an expression of wealth they cannot understand. Gold cornices and a mink bedspread, they can. That's the American dream to them - gold house, fast car, access to the best plastic surgeons, and a big wall to build around it.
    Or maybe ‘the base’ has been more interested in what he has actually done as president to the good of the majority of US citizens, than what he says to rile up the opposition, what his home or business looks like, or the color of his tie. But why listen to 'the base' when one can post nonsense on a message board in hopes they'll get a few 'likes.'

Or maybe ‘the base’ has been more interested in what he has actually done as president to the good of the majority of US citizens, than what he says to rile up the opposition, what his home or business looks like, or the color of his tie. But why listen to 'the base' when one can post nonsense on a message board in hopes they'll get a few 'likes.'

how does that explain his support?

Hey - It's 6 months to the day when your fella attempted an insurrection and caused his followers to storm the capitol building to try hang the VP.

Are you still desperately trying to defend that or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Horse****, he had massive popularity among Republicans before he did anything as president. He's a cunning guy who knows exactly how to appeal to bigots, racists, conspiracy theorists, libertarians, "**** the Dems", evangelicals, life-long Republican voters, who all form a large part of his base.

By any global metric he was an awful president, universally unpopular outside his base and culminating in encouraging an actual violent insurrection. Republicans have spent decades cultivating the "them vs us" and Trump rode that populist wave perfectly at exactly the right time to get into the WH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He downplayed the worst health crisis in 100 years leading to more Americans dying in a year than have died in all US military conflicts sine WW2 ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement