Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

exactly, who wears a tie that covers their crotch?
    People with small penises.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    kevin haddad (@kevinhaddad08) Tweeted: President Trump is destroying the Left one rally at a time
    https://t.co/6c8qmzA4BO https://twitter.com/kevinhaddad08/status/1411541094043578369?s=20

Look at the crowds at his rally at the weekend.

You say he is old news.

Nobody cares anymore.

Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him.

I think you need to look up the definition of irony, destruction among many others.

That's the message that the Trump supporters took from it.

Are you suggesting that Trump doesn't know how to communicate to his base or is it more that Trump supporters don't know what he means?

As he said himself, he loves the poorly educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You mean when he started leading the march and then ran away?

Maybe the oul bone spurs were acting up again so that's why he left.
    I may have seen something sorta like that on an episode of "The Twilight Zone." :pac:

I have bone spurs in my right heal and you obviously have no clue why the military doesn't want someone with the condition serving... And why no soldier would want someone in in their company with them. After an extended period of time walking, especially with added weight, it gets to the point where the intense pain makes it so you can no longer put any pressure on the heal.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

DubInMeath wrote: »
    As he said himself, he loves the poorly educated.

Obviously not as much as Democrats and Liberals do.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

kevin haddad (@kevinhaddad08) Tweeted: President Trump is destroying the Left one rally at a time
    https://t.co/6c8qmzA4BO https://twitter.com/kevinhaddad08/status/1411541094043578369?s=20

You say he is old news.

Nobody cares anymore.

Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him.

"...loved like a God by us who love him..."

Jesus lad, get a grip on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

notobtuse wrote: »
    I may have seen something sorta like that on an episode of "The Twilight Zone." :pac:

I have bone spurs in my right heal and you obviously have no clue why the military doesn't want someone with the condition serving... And why no soldier would want someone in in their company with them. After an extended period of time walking, especially with added weight, it gets to the point where the intense pain makes it so you can no longer put any pressure on the heal.

Is that why he struggles to walk down ramps?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Or maybe ‘the base’ has been more interested in what he has actually done as president to the good of the majority of US citizens, than what he says to rile up the opposition, what his home or business looks like, or the color of his tie. But why listen to 'the base' when one can post nonsense on a message board in hopes they'll get a few 'likes.'

But the reality is that he did nothing "good" for his base during his time in Office.

What he did do however is do bad things to the people his base hate or are afraid of (which is anyone "different") , and that it appears was more than enough for them.

Trumps biggest problem is that everyone has an almost permanently fixed opinion of him. You either "love him" as another poster professed in the last page or two of this thread or you hold him in irredeemable contempt. There is no ambivalence about him.

The result of this is that he is wholly and utterly unelectable in any normal world - Although if the GOP in multiple State legislatures get their way , the US may not really be a "normal world" in terms of voting in 2024.

Yeah the republican handling of education funding etc has a lot to answer for resulting in producing them alright.

Hopefully this and other areas like health, especially mental health services might improve, with the democrats in power as it seems that a lot of trump supporters are in dire need of improvements in them.

You can find plenty of reports of him doing exactly this, no need for the twilight zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Why does you side keep pushing the fabrication of him causing his followers to storm the capital? You'd think there would be enough to dislike him by your side without having to revert to lies.

I guess it's an unfortunate side-effect of Trump Derangement Syndrome where “peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard” is translated in the affected part of the brain into “start an armed insurrection.” Sad, really.

I forgot my own rule of engaging with someone who uses the above phrase and therefore doesn't live in the real world.

Don't worry - won't happen again.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But the reality is that he did nothing "good" for his base during his time in Office.

What he did do however is do bad things to the people his base hate or are afraid of (which is anyone "different") , and that it appears was more than enough for them.

Trumps biggest problem is that everyone has an almost permanently fixed opinion of him. You either "love him" as another poster professed in the last page or two of this thread or you hold him in irredeemable contempt. There is no ambivalence about him.

The result of this is that he is wholly and utterly unelectable in any normal world - Although if the GOP in multiple State legislatures get their way , the US may not really be a "normal world" in terms of voting in 2024.
    You are correct.... Trump did nothing solely for the benefit of just his base. He did things that benefited all US Citizens.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yet another comment without any grounding in reality.

From here
    PP_2020.06.02_party-id_2-03.png

College educated voters have been steadily shifting to Democrat over the last 25 years going from 22% of their vote in '96 to 41% in 2019 - So almost doubling.

Whereas the GOP have moved remained pretty static over that time..

There's also this

PP_2020.06.02_party-id_1-05.png

Showing growth in Democrat support as education increases and the inverse for the GOP.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I forgot my own rule of engaging with someone who uses the above phrase and therefore doesn't live in the real world.

Don't worry - won't happen again.
    You found a need to announce this to the board? Hmmm... interesting. One would think a non-narcissistic type person would merely just stop interacting with the individual.

You are correct.... Trump did nothing solely for the benefit of just his base. He did things that benefited all US Citizens.

Yeah.. That's exactly why the GOP lost the House , the Senate and the White House under his leadership.

Because he did things that benefitted everyone....

Yet another comment without any grounding in reality.

From here
    PP_2020.06.02_party-id_2-03.png

College educated voters have been steadily shifting to Democrat over the last 25 years going from 22% of their vote in '96 to 41% in 2019 - So almost doubling.

Whereas the GOP have moved remained pretty static over that time..

There's also this

PP_2020.06.02_party-id_1-05.png

Showing growth in Democrat support as education increases and the inverse for the GOP.
    The term used was "poorly educated" not "less educated."

Yeah.. That's exactly why the GOP lost the House , the Senate and the White House under his leadership.

HuRr DuRr - it's cause of duh fake news mediar what done it.

No that's not why. It was because of the Democrats lies and the biased pushing of those lies by the Democrat media handmaidens. But now that the people have seen what a unmitigated disaster Democrats have caused, I'm confident you will see a change in 2022. That's why Democrats keep pushing to have the elections continue in a manner rife for their abuse and fraud needed to keep them in office.

HuRr DuRr - it's cause of duh fake news mediar what done it.
    No that's not why. It was because of the Democrats lies and the biased pushing of those lies by the Democrat media handmaidens. But now that the people have seen what a unmitigated disaster Democrats have caused, I'm confident you will see a change in 2022. That's why Democrats keep pushing to have the elections continue in a manner rife for their abuse and fraud needed to keep them in office.

Right on cue...

Right on cue...
    Rules are meant to be broken, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The term used was "poorly educated" not "less educated."

And? How are you defining the distinction? What metric? What is your evidence?

What lies? What abuse? What fraud? Have you still got that tinfoil hat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

that man is loved like a God by us who love him

Christ this is pathetic. Bizarre cultish devotion. Actually feel sorry for you. Hopefully some day you'll see the light as many cult members eventually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You say he is old news.

Nobody cares anymore.

I'd say you should be looking long and hard at yourself and your own existence and values as a human being, if you look at Donald Trump and love him like a God. The mind boggles. That's really all I can say.

Christ this is pathetic. Bizarre cultish devotion. Actually feel sorry for you. Hopefully some day you'll see the light as many cult members eventually do.
    How disingenuous of you to not post the full comment that was made… "Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him."

The poster was not saying he is loved like a God, but merely loved. That the thinking that Trump is loved "like a God" is WRONG about those who love him.

I was certified back in the 70’s as a deprogrammer of cult members. That poster you criticize is not the person here in my opinion of who is in need of deprogramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Reminds me a bit of those old clips from the 60's of girls shrieking and feinting at Beatles concerts. I'll never understand how their minds worked nor will I every understand that segment of the population who are susceptible to cults of personality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wasn't there something about not worshipping false idols in a certain book?

Seems strange for a group which has a high belief in religion and a particular god, to be acknowledging that they are treating a fellow mortal as a god. Doesn't that go against pretty much every religion for its followers to be picking their own additional gods to worship?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How disingenuous of you to not post the full comment that was made… "Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him."

The poster was not saying he is loved like a God, but merely loved. That the thinking that Trump is loved "like a God" is WRONG about those who love him.

I was certified back in the 70’s as a deprogrammer of cult members. That poster you criticize is not the person here in my opinion of who is in need of deprogramming.

Where does the unprovable and improbable certifications end in your past..you appear to have various and many skills to suit any situation that your responding to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

robinph wrote: »
    Wasn't there something about not worshipping false idols in a certain book?

Seems strange for a group which has a high belief in religion and a particular god, to be acknowledging that they are treating a fellow mortal as a god. Doesn't that go against pretty much every religion for its followers to be picking their own additional gods to worship?

There is nothing to suggest that that is at play here. I mean, it's not like the made a statue of him painted gold or anything and gave him the keynote speech spot at their convention.

im-304910?width=620&size=1.507656065959953

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you his spokesperson? Is that you Kellyane?
    I was certified back in the 70’s as a deprogrammer of cult members.

By who? If it was by the government, Waco kinda suggests whatever you learned was a bunch of horse ****.

And 15 years ago my PC was certified as windows vista capable. It doesn't mean much now either. a 50 year old cert for what amounted to an afternoon of diversity training isn't worth dirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement