Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

notobtuse wrote: »
    I was certified back in the 70’s as a deprogrammer of cult members.

Please stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nobody was better at deprogrramming cult members than me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

listermint wrote: »
    Where does the unprovable and improbable certifications end in your past..you appear to have various and many skills to suit any situation that your responding to.
    I have no idea... maybe forever. Never used the techniques beyond the 70's and don't even have the paperwork or the manuals anymore. But I remember what I learned. Never bought into holding someone against their will and never did that. Also didn't buy into the classification that being a priest or a nun in the Catholic religion was also considered a cult member. And believe what you want, I don't really care. But the Trump hatred crowd falls more in line with a 'cultist' than someone who merely says he loves him.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have no idea... maybe forever. Never used the techniques beyond the 70's and don't even have the paperwork or the manuals anymore. But I remember what I learned. Never bought into holding someone against their will and never did that. Also didn't buy into the classification that being a priest or a nun in the Catholic religion was also considered a cult member. And believe what you want, I don't really care. But the Trump hatred crowd falls more in line with a 'cultist' than someone who merely says he loves him.

You'd didn't do any such Training. I know this because you have clearly no interpretation of what's right in front of you.

That says enough for me to snuff out your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'd say you should be looking long and hard at yourself and your own existence and values as a human being, if you look at Donald Trump and love him like a God. The mind boggles. That's really all I can say.

Imagine, right wing "god" fearing Christian's?
    Setting up a false idol of a craven glutton and actually confirming they worship him.

Really highlights a point I've read recently that those who shout loudest about loving the Bible and the Constitution, have generally read neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And I'm the pope. Don't ask me for the paperwork though.

How disingenuous of you to not post the full comment that was made… "Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him."

The poster was not saying he is loved like a God, but merely loved. That the thinking that Trump is loved "like a God" is WRONG about those who love him.

I was certified back in the 70’s as a deprogrammer of cult members. That poster you criticize is not the person here in my opinion of who is in need of deprogramming.

I think there is only one tiny part of this whole post that is truthful.

listermint wrote: »
    You'd didn't do any such Training. I know this because you have clearly no interpretation of what's right in front of you.

That says enough for me to snuff out your claim.
    You obviously have no idea what deprogramming was. It involved merely getting a cult member to talk about their beliefs one on one without the support of another cult member, and you being interested in what they had to say and asking them about the reasons for their beliefs over and above their ingrained cult doctrines. Getting them to see for themselves it all really didn't make any sense. It was really just a method of getting them to start thinking for themselves again.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Or maybe ‘the base’ has been more interested in what he has actually done as president to the good of the majority of US citizens, than what he says to rile up the opposition, what his home or business looks like, or the color of his tie. But why listen to 'the base' when one can post nonsense on a message board in hopes they'll get a few 'likes.'
    WhomadeGod wrote: »

Look at the crowds at his rally at the weekend.

You say he is old news.

Nobody cares anymore.

Wrong that man is loved like a God by us who love him and loved ironically even more by those that loathe him.

True Trump Derangement Syndrome here folks.

Jim Jones level of cult worship.

SMFH

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You obviously have no idea what deprogramming was. It involved merely getting a cult member to talk about their beliefs one on one without the support of another cult member, and you being interested in what they had to say and asking them about the reasons for their beliefs over and above their ingrained cult doctrines. Getting them to see for themselves it all really didn't make any sense. It was really just a method of getting them to start thinking for themselves again.

If that's all it merely involves did you just certify everyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You're more likely to agree with the cult member with this approach than actually getting them to change their mind.

I'd say they're likely to walk away thinking 'that guy was really interested in what I had to say.'

By that rational, we've all just deprogrammed you through asking you and the others to explain your logic for your ingrained cult doctrines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It all depends on your perspective, I'm sure Scientology has "deprogrammers" on their books for those who lose faith in Xenu.

astrofool wrote: »
    It all depends on your perspective, I'm sure Scientology has "deprogrammers" on their books for those who lose faith in Xenu.

Actually... Scientology uses intimidation, not deprogrammers, for the losers of faith. But it does matter if you publicly speak out about Scientology after leaving, for the level of intimidation you will receive.

Actually... Scientology uses intimidation, not deprogrammers, for the losers of faith. But it does matter if you publicly speak out about Scientology after leaving, for the level of intimidation you will receive.

Like that time Trump supporters tried to intimidate elected representatives when they stormed the capitol?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I am quite sure that the church of scientology does not call it's practices intimidation, which is the point of my post.
    Like that time Trump supporters tried to intimidate elected representatives when they stormed the capitol?

They probably called themselves deprogrammers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

He did things that benefited all US Citizens.

Like what? Can you name some?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah_Right wrote: »

He lost

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Sure... A couple of things off the top of my head... A tax break for all Americans. Pulled out of the Iran deal and reimposed sanctions. Operation Warp Speed to get a COVID vaccine developed and implemented. Expanded domestic energy production and made the US energy independent. Withdrew from the farce that is Paris climate agreement. Got NATO to pay $12 billion more for their security. Regulatory reform that spurred economic growth. Got some of the southern wall built in spite of constant democrat obstruction.

salmocab wrote: »
    He lost
    He might have... He definitely was not certified president.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He might have.

Off you go to the Conspiracy forum with that twaddle

• Advertisement

He might have... He definitely was not certified president.

No he definitely lost, they had a vote and everything, surprised you didn’t read about it.

No he definitely lost, they had a vote and everything, surprised you didn’t read about it.

I did and nothing can reinstate him as president, no matter what.

A tax break for all Americans.

which actually lead to 10 million families paying more taxes.

https://thinkprogress.org/10-million-american-families-saw-tax-increases-under-trump-tax-cut-aa97d7aee410/
    pulled out of the Iran deal and reimposed sanctions.

How did all US citizens benefit from this?
    Operation Warp Speed to get a COVID vaccine developed and implemented.

What did Operation Warp Speed accomplish exactly? It certainly didn't do that.
    Expanded domestic energy production and made the US energy independent.

The US is not energy independent.
    Withdrew from the farce that is Paris climate agreement.

How did all US citizens benefit from this?
    Got NATO to pay $12 billion more for their security.

You mean the deal that was agreed under Obama?
    Regulatory reform that spurred economic growth.

The economy was average at best under Trump.

https://sudvarg.com/charts/index.html

Presidents have very limited impact on the economy anyway.
    Got some of the southern wall built in spite of constant democrat obstruction.

Good for him for wasting taxpayer money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He might have.
    Bless

ribery.gif

I did and nothing can reinstate him as president, no matter what.

Well no nothing can reinstate him because he lost the election, both popular and electoral college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This thread is like an echo chamber of the insane at this stage. Absolutely horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Sure... A couple of things off the top of my head... A tax break for all Americans. Pulled out of the Iran deal and reimposed sanctions. Operation Warp Speed to get a COVID vaccine developed and implemented. Expanded domestic energy production and made the US energy independent. Withdrew from the farce that is Paris climate agreement. Got NATO to pay $12 billion more for their security. Regulatory reform that spurred economic growth. Got some of the southern wall built in spite of constant democrat obstruction.

Tax break for super wealthy.
    The Iran deal was a good thing.
    The first vaccine had nothing to do with Operation Warp Speed.
    Don't know enough about the energy policies but I'm guessing it involved a lot of environmental damage. And whatever those policies were, they didn't help Texas.
    The Paris climate agreement was a good thing. Not perfect but a good first step.
    NATO paying their fair share but I'm guessing that had zero effect on US citizens and that they're spending more than ever on their military.
    He inherited the strongest economy in US history I believe.
    He stole money from military families to pay for a partially built wall that Mexico were meant to pay for and that has been defeated by ladders and tools anyone can get in their local hardware store.

Any more BS you want to share?

Well no nothing can reinstate him because he lost the election, both popular and electoral college.
    Trump certainly did not win the popular vote and did not get the certifications from electoral college vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Trump certainly did not win the popular vote and did not get the certifications from electoral college vote.

Indeed. He lost the election. Yet, continues to say that he won it. In fact, he's on camera saying about Biden: "How can you govern when you didn't win?"

The fact is, though, that Biden did win. He won comfortably. Trump is actually a serious danger to democracy and anyone saying otherwise is utterly misguided.

• Advertisement

Correct he didn’t get the certifications because he lost those states, they counted the votes and more people had voted for Biden in the states that gave their college votes to Biden. He lost so is not president.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement