Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Detritus70

This reminds me of one of those dodgy auctions where I bought a TV many years ago.

The sales guy must have used the phrase "Pro Logic" about 485 times in order to sound knowledgeable.

Forensic. You keep using that word...

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Your concern for "things ... happening in future elections" is touching. Coming up to the one year anniversary of the election and given the failure of Trump and Trumpists court cases, rechecks and audits to find anything; what do believe actually happened last year? At what point will you believe that Trump lost because he's Trump? His countless faults and failings for holding any office or responsible role of any kind were on show for the world to see for his 4 years. This was not media driven. His own actions, tweets etc showed him for what he is. Is it really beyond the realms of possiblity that despite his and the Republicans best efforts to undermine the election, he just lost because he's patently unfit and an inanimate carbon rod could have done a better job than him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump caused this situation by telling the Taliban that he would withdraw troops. That was music to their ears. Biden made a decision based on a situation he inherited. An emboldened Taliban and a demoralised Afghan 'army'. Both caused by Trump's decision to remove troops. It was only in very recent months that the Afghan army crumbled - as you say yourself. Biden then had a choice to make based on this inherited situation. He chose to remove US troops. Maybe that was the right choice given the overwhelming power of the emboldened Taliban and demoralised Afghan 'army'. The Congressional Research Service most probably advised him to pull out US troops because they would no longer be of relevance and were endangered. And so he took a difficult but correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Yet Trump on June 26th: "21 years is enough. Don't we think? 21 years. They couldn't stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things [inaudible 00:23:04]. Yeah. Thank you. Thank you. It's a shame. 21 years, by a government that wouldn't last. The only way they last is if we're there. What are we going to say? We'll stay for another 21 years, then we'll stay for another 50. The whole thing is ridiculous. So we're bringing our troops back home from Iraq. We're bringing troops come from Afghanistan."

He was all prepared to take credit for the pull out and claim that Biden was dragging the heals over it. If Biden had delayed the withdrawal I wonder if the likes of you would be calling it evidence that Biden was a warmonger in favour of a "forever war?" And do you think your criticisms would be deterred by a report from the Congressional Research Service? Gee, I guess we'll never know... As usual it's all performative with the MAGA crowd.

Post edited by uncleoswald on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There's a conspiracy theory thread for the US election which notobtuse can bring those arguments rather than polluting this thread:

Like all conspiracy theorists, there will be no proof or evidence and lots of running away when presented with proof and evidence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Off topic posts about moderation and other users deleted, lets move on please

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There is nothing forensic about the audits being ran by an unqualified set of individuals that is being moved constantly between warehouses and being cooled by swamp coolers. It's completely farcical.

The actual forensic audits were all in favour of Biden multiple times even when ran by the GOP themselves.

Yeah but it's this unofficial, unregulated "forensic" audit that's key. You'll see, you'll all see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

not only that but the group that is running them have very very close ties to one side. any and all "forensic audits" can and should only be run by independent parties (I don't mean political parties). It stinks that Cyber ninjas have allegedly received over $5m for the privilege of the audit with only 150k coming from the state with the rest allegedly coming from republican groups all detailed here https://apnews.com/article/arizona-election-2020-e31f6eb911adb01086281291ca9e6dcf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 22meehoovereinenschaft22

Make America Great Again, Again.

#Trump2024

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Surely that was tested in court? Such an obvious issue but yet somehow Trump has failed to test it.

So since it is not proven, any other reason why you believe that democracy is not broken in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

OK ill ask again, what evidence was supplied to warrant this audit?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Always laugh that the name of the vice chair of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors is Bill Gates

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Trump is the one who negotiated the deal with the Taliban about taking the troops out, and Biden was the one carrying it out. Trump actually wanted them out much earlier by May 1st, whereas Biden wanted everyone out by 9/11. 

Regardless of whoever the president was, whether it be Trump, Biden, or whoever is next, it was NEVER going to work out the way everyone wanted. The Taliban has about 200k soldiers, and the Afghan Army has like 186k. The US just spent a ton of money training them and providing equipment for them for the last 2 decades, and when the time came to protect themselves they just stopped and walked away. They had drones, vehicles, helicopters, this and that, and they still didn't use it because they didn't even care. So although the situation is terribly tragic, it didn't work and the US shouldn't still be there. 

Afghan and all those middle eastern countries are not like Europe or the US. There is no "government" like we have here. They have tribes of people and ideologies that come in and out of power. They've been fighting for a millennia, and the US thought we were going to just fix that with some drone strikes and all out war? Obviously looks like a bad beat for Biden, but he put it pretty well. The US were there to do justice, and not to rebuild them. They did way more than they should and in the end it didn't work out, so they were better off just leaving. 

You think about the US and how we are fighting over oppression over pronouns, sexual orientations, and race. Then you look over in Afghanistan and they'd rather try to hold onto the outside of an airplane to get out, rather than live under Taliban rule. Really puts it into perspective how stupid the things we worry about here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What is it about the results in those particular states that upsets you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The cyber ninjas are just like every other grifter in America who see the opportunity to line their own pockets on other peoples ignorance.

"We're nearly done and the results will shock the world but we need another 5 million dollars and 6 months to complete the audit. Once we have the remaining funding in place we will continue our great work. We think people will be pleasantly surprised with our findings!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You have to laugh when Donnie's superfans attempt to take the high road regarding personal abuse and attacks

Does Daddy lose the debate every time he resorts to personal abuse and attacks?

I'm guessing the answer is "No" 🙄

AZ, a couple months, I figure, but have no idea what the results will be. PA, the process has to get past democrats to get approval and the democrats are fighting it tooth and nail because they know Philladelphia is the second most corrupt area in the nation when it comes to elections (behind Chicago) and it's loaded with democrats. Democrats probably know the state would have gone to Trump if a fair election was had. Plus the democrat governor changed the election laws on his own which is against the law in the state as election laws can only be changed by the election committee in PA. So none of the ballots received that went against election laws should have been counted. That battle might have to go to the Supreme Court because the higher courts in PA are controlled by politically appointed democrats and always side with democrats. I know... I live here.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm not understanding your question. Elections laws ARE run by the states. Democrats are trying to get federal control over elections and make it much easier to corrupt the election process and keep it forever suspect with their bill HR 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

I know... I live here.

But not in reality. Because in reality, Trump lost a fair election because Biden got more votes where it mattered (despite the Republicans best efforts at voter suppression). This is verified by Trump's own legal challenges, who have all stated in court they have no evidence of widespread voter or electoral fraud.

Please join reality. Allowing a baseless and self admitted conspiracy theory to dictate your outlook is not good for you.

Too many things just don't make sense and add up which has caused a major concern with people in AZ over the integrity of the election. If nothing else the audit will be a means of restoring voters’ confidence in the elections process and also help election officials determine changes to the state’s election laws are needed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/07/02/after-arizona-audit-is-pennsylvania-next-state-sen-reportedly-begins-push-for-privately-funded-election-probe/?sh=5fe76ada6e6c

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That poster is gone too far down the rabbithole to be reasoned with, don't waste your time.

If nothing else the audit will be a means of restoring voters’ confidence in the elections process

That's what the failed lawsuits did. Well, to all the non cry-babies at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

For the third time of asking (you can check), what evidence was supplied in those states to warrant an audit? You do yourself no favours dodging these questions

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Apparently "I can feel it in my waters" is sufficient justification for wasting millions on an audit that will also lead to the destruction of state owned voting machines as they cannot be used again afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump supporters - The Mueller Report was a nothing burger, the meeting with Donny Jnr was a nothing burger, the pressure applied to the Ukraine to interfere with the election was a nothing burger (despite being impeached for it), calling on China to interfere with the election was a nothing burger, telling people to march on the Capitol Building to try and pressurise the VP to overturn the election was a nothing burger.

"bUt ThEm DeR aUdiTs"

Sadly it seems with the mainstream media Trump automatically loses any debate even before he opens his mouth. Journalism apparently has died in the age of Trump and has been replaced by media idealism and activism.

• Advertisement

I explained what happened before in this thread here in PA, and how the final results seem all too suspect. You can search for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement