Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If, as you claim, the elections regs were changed unlawfully, then it would be pretty straighforward to bring that to court. So what was the result of the court case? You seem to suggest that the courts are now in on this?

So now we have the governors, the courts, the state departments, the justice department all under the spell of the Democratic party. But, only in a few states, and only for the POTUS election, and only this time.

And all this based on no actual evidence. Nothing. A strange feeling that Trump must have won. Thats it. No way Biden could win.

But, if all of that is true, then the US is no more a democracy than NK. And Trump sat idly by whilst the core of the American system was ripped apart. What the hell was he doing not protecting the democratic system of the biggest and best democracy in the world? He had control of the house, Senate and SCOTUS. He appointed the most judges ever. And yet he failed to limit the Dems taking it all over.

And yet you think he should be put back in charge? If what you claim is actually true, then Trump should be help culpable for the disintegration of the USA. THe man who was asleep at the wheel whilst democracy itself was destroyed.

People wonder what Trump's legacy will be, I'm not sure even his harshest critics would think of labelling him with the level of culpablilty that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wouldn't waste my time debating. This Arizona "audit" organised by Republicans and run by Cyber Ninja Inc looking for Chinese bamboo shoots among other evidence. Waste of time as obviously any "evidence" found cannot be taken seriously as the audit company are so obviously biased. But a very profitable enterprise they will drag out as long as the money keeps rolling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

For the umpteenth time, Trump did this to himself. It wasn't a media invention. Trumps own actions, utterances and tweets were on display for the world to see. Nearly every time he opened his mouth to utter another lie, another incomprehensible brain fart or tweeted some self written drivel or retweeted some conspiracy theory; some poor soul had to quickly explain what he really meant. Trump shot himself in the foot over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

4th time of asking, what evidence was supplied to sanction the audit in those states?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Knock yourself out

These so-called cyber ninjas thought Wireshark dumps held hacking info, and tried to show how some random packets taken from a dump proved something was up, when challenged they were found to be totally clueless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

is that the nonsense that the My Pillow guy was on about at his "cyber symposium"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Basically, they all know this is nonsense but feel that if it goes on long enough and it’s pushed in places like this as if it’s real then somewhere along the way it will gain some credibility, then when they push the things that will actually affect elections they will have something to point to and say because of that! It’s all bluster to hide what’s actually going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The only question remaining is what easily debunked evidence they will pretend to find during the pretend audit and then which plebs are stupid enough to believe it.

Will the posters here display any critical thought at the pretend results? I really doubt it but hope to be surprised.

I'm expecting something so stupid that everyone will immediately laugh at it and a few republicans trying to put on a brave face as they realize they've squandered millions of dollars (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I never mentioned the media 😐

Why do you hold strangers on the internet to a higher standard than you do your former president?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It doesn't matter what they find (which will be nothing) , because finding something isn't the point.

The audits are there to serve a single purpose only - To provide Air cover for State level GOP officials to pass wholesale voter suppression laws.

It's scare-mongering to ensure they have support to make the changes , then when the Audits find absolutely zero evidence of fraud the story will shift to "Hey, we did to restore trust in our Election system and we've passed all these new laws to make that none of the stuff that didn't happen in 2019 happens in the future".

Ignoring the fact that the ONLY people damaging public trust in the Election process have been Republicans inventing stories and lying through their teeth about "fraud".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I see. What do you think of the reported quality of the "cyber-ninjas" looking for traces of bamboo in the ballots, that will apparently prove beyond doubt that China hacked the election, even though all this nonsense has been thrown out of court time and time again? Do you not have any faith in the justice department at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

Democrats probably know the state would have gone to Trump if a fair election was had.

But wasn't it all Trumps fault? He knew in advance that the Dems would try to steal the election, and said so publicly dozens of times before the election.

He had the White House, his party had the majority in both the House and Senate.

What did he do to prevent that the election would be stolen from him? NOTHING.

And what did he do when the Election Day came and they were trying to steal it? Did he fight? No. He stood there like a deer in headlights, saying 'I won', without asserting himself, or making use of his ruling party, or his military, to set things right. He FAILED.

And then, on January 6, he PROMISED he would lead his people to the Capitol. Imagine what would have happened with Trump leading the crowd in person. They would have opened Capitol doors for him - you can't lock out the president - no need to break down doors. Then his people could have made legitimate citizens' arrests of all the Dems, and he could have legitimately been declared the new president. Ashley Babbitt would still be alive if Trump had kept his promise to lead. Yes, some people say he couldn't do it, because his bone spurs were acting up on that day. Completely understandable. But he could have planned ahead, and used something like the Popemobile.

He failed his people on that day.

He promised his people to 'Make America Great Again'. Instead, he gave his people an America where the winner of an election - he said 'I won', and still says so every day, and we believe him - the winner does not become president. He had 4 years to root out the Deep State to prevent it, and really Make America Great Again.

Some people say that there were plans to boost the economy even further, with a multi step program, starting with non-white people in jails being put to unpaid work, with a long term perspective to follow that up with illegal immigrants, and then people who claim to be legal citizens, but are visibly not. Imagine the competitive advantage to China such a workforce would have brought. It truly would have made America great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump continues legitimizing the Taliban. It’s like he wants to see the US fail the withdrawal, he wants Afghans and Americans to die as long as it’s on a Democrats watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Tell me again how Trump colluded with Russia that dominated the mainstream media headlines for four years?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Are you asking people to answer questions when you refuse to answer their own?

It's a place to debate here. Trump won't answer my questions... he only takes my money. LOL. 😂

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Pass wholesale voter suppression laws? What a crock of sh!t! You do know the vast majority of Americans favor voter ID laws, don't you?

Sorry, don't know anything about that and, honestly, not worth my time to look into it.

As the Federal Executive branch, Trump was not allowed to do anything about the election process that is run by the individual states.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Voter ID is one thing -

Making it illegal to give people water while they are forced to wait for hours outside because there aren't enough polling places available - What's that all about?

That does nothing to make voting more secure , all it does it make the experience more uncomfortable.

Voter ID is fine - We have to have it here , I've never been asked for it in 30+ years of voting mind you but even if I was the types of ID required make it very very simple for anyone to provide it. Every single person of voting age in Ireland will have an acceptable form of ID available to them without any extra effort.

Is there wide-spread voter fraud here because we allow such a wide range of ID types?

No , of course there isn't just like there isn't in the US or pretty much any other Democratic country on earth.

The GOP simply want to make it as difficult as possible for certain types of people to vote, whether that's demanding types of ID that they typically don't have or simply by shutting down as many polling places as possible so voting takes hours instead of minutes like it should.

See also the plans by the Georgia GOP to take over control of the voting in Atlanta and remove it from the local county level support everywhere else?

Do they have a reason to do it other than the fact that it is a Democrat controlled area with large numbers that vote Democrat?

What legitimate reason do they have for wanting to do that?

I thought the GOP was all about Big Government staying out of local things??

• Advertisement

For the 6th time, what evidence was supplied to warrent the audit on the elections?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And yet you demand these audits that aren’t worth your time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He is referring to things that have been debunked like stuff he mentioned here.

Even though those things have been debunked time and time again, astrofool went to the effort of responding to each point made again, in case Googling is hard for him. Unsurprisingly, notobtuse has not responded to this post and continues to peddle his nonsense.

I also made a post demonstrating that what he believes to be true is objectively false. No response of course.

This poster is the definition of a brick wall and is not worth the time or effort to respond to. Best to accept that he will remain in his bubble indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

Apologies, I thought that was different as well over on Earth Two. Guess I was spot on though with the rest of my post, as you didn't respond to any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Detritus70

It is quite clear that Trump is a liar, cheat, traitor, racist and misogynistic piece of shizzle.

His followers fall into the same categories. They support him specifically because of these qualities. It's all about the hate. I would not count these people as friends and I wouldn't have any personal or business dealings with them.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

Are they only withholding water from democrats? That's terrible!

You cannot solicit votes when in line to vote, including food and water. But You can hand them out as long as it is farther than 150 feet of a polling place or within 25 feet of any voter at a polling place. You can easily get your damn food and water and go stand in line to vote... if you have a smidgen of brains.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

There has been no objective evidence that support Trump's claims regarding the 2020 general election. There have been over 60 different court cases across the US, and no evidence of election problems that would change the Biden win. There have been several recounts of election results in the swing states won by Biden, and no changes that would reverse the electoral college results. The US Attorney General during the Trump administration noted that there was no evidence of what Trump has claimed. Trump's claims have been called the Big Lie as a result. If you have objective evidence that would support these election claims, present them here. Not opinions, but facts that can be referenced (links, etc.).

• Advertisement

Recounts don't do diddly except to recount the problems all over again. Forensic audits are what's needed to see what really went on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement