Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

You said to me, word for word, that if the "forensic" audit did not show any irregularities, that you would admit in this thread that the election result was fair.

Are you going to do that now, or were you hoping we would forget that you said that if you disappeared for a few months?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

But I think the GOP and even Trump knows the real path to winning the presidency. Trump will keep teasing a run in 2024 although he probably has no desire to really be POTUS again. The better strategy would be for Ron DeSantis to run, with the backing of Trump. Of course DeSantis would distance himself from Trump, and Trump would publicly admonish DeSantis’s for doing it, but continue to support him anyway. That strategy would bring in the Independents, regular Republicans, and even Trump supports. Democrats are already demonizing DeSantis on a national scale because they really do fear him. 

In what version of reality would Donald Trump do something to benefit someone other than Donald Trump?

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Trump steps aside for the "benefit" of DeSantis and the GOP.

I mean you already have Roger Stone saying he'll deliberately run a spoiler campaign in the 2022 Florida Governors election unless DeSantis promises not to run for GOP nomination in 2024.

For anyone to even contemplate that he would step aside for a "better" candidate is beyond laughable.

Believing that is almost crazier than believing that Trump won in 2020.

If Trump is alive and not in Prison in 2024 he will run for the GOP nomination (and at present he will walk it) , he will then lose the Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Yes I was waiting on the results but if you recall I also said it wouldn't change the outcome regardless of the findings. Things still remain rotten in my state of Pennsylvania, and tell me how the $420 million in funds of 'Zuckenberg Bucks' weren't spent illegally to the benefit of democrats by a 90-95% margin when legally they should have been spent in a non-partisan way benefiting ALL voters regardless of party.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Since this poster likes to claim that I am in his ignore list, even though he has replied to many of my posts since claiming that, I would recommend responding to him with nothing except what I said, namely that he stated that he would admit in this thread that the election was fair if the audit did not show anything, and ask him to do just that.

When he does not do respond, you can then safely add him to your ignore list as he clearly living in a brainwashed fantasyland and no facts or evidence would ever change his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I didnt think there was anyone like him still around.

I thought most had recovered from the Trump fanatacism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Come on... you know if DeSantis would become POTUS in 2024 Trump would be taking total credit for his win.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

If I have responded to you, and you are on my Ignore list, don't blame me as I shouldn't even be seeing your posts. I am on a Windows XP machine and boards.ie is all screwed up on my system. I can't even see my Ignore list anymore and don't even recall if you are on it or not.

You are responding to me without answering the question?

You stated that you would admit in this thread that the election was fair if no irregularities were found in the "forensic" audit. Are you going to do that now or not?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh of course , Trump would claim credit for the sunrise. Look at Youngkin, couldn't have tried hard to stay away from Trump yet Donald is all in on claiming the victory as his own.

But the idea that he would step aside intentionally to allow DeSantis to run just isn't realistic.

His ego simply wouldn't allow him to admit that he can't win.

Are you seriously suggesting that Rick Scott (he's like "Director of Elections" or something) or whoever from the GOP would be able to sit down with Trump and say "Look Donald , we all love you but Ron DeSantis has a better shot at winning here , so we'd love for you to stand aside and throw your support behind him in his run for the WH"?

Can you really picture that playing out?

The only way that Trump gives his "blessing" to another GOP candidate in 2024 is if he is physically unable or not legally allowed to run (or if the other GOP candidate is Ivanka).

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised you didn't hear it from the mainstream media. They can't go reporting on how the election was rigged to help democrats, now can they.

Just one article from a news source actually not a handmaiden outlet in bed with the democrat party...

https://nypost.com/2021/10/13/how-mark-zuckerberg-helped-swing-the-electorate-in-the-2020-election/

I’m a bit confused here. A private entity spend money to support a candidate. Is that the jist? That isn’t rigging an election, that’s modern America. The citizens united ruling opened the door for this.

Also, the New York Post is main stream.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wait 'til they hear about russian interference in the presidential elections. that will blow their minds.

Please show me “word for word” that I said that.

Yes, the audit had concerns and questions about Maricopa County’s ballot-collecting and security procedures, but no proof of fraud was able to be proven. So therefore Biden did win the county 'fairly' because there are some things a forensic audit can’t prove.

You are completely misunderstanding these funds and their allowable usage. Do yourself a favor and look up how these funds were allowed into the election and what they were legally to be used for, and then look up who got the money to distribute and how they were distributed. It should curl your toes at how rotten these funds were allocated, if you have a conscience.

Sorry Quin_Dub, but I cannot quote that post of yours... Win XP issues and all. Yes, I think Trump would do exactly that if the results would provided him enough printed stories and publicity to feed his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes, there are some things a forensic audits can't prove. Like lies and delusions...

I am not spending my time searching through the post history of someone who has consistently plagiarised, lied and ignored questions time and time again on this forum just so I can demonstrate that what I recall is in indeed correct.

there are some things a forensic audit can’t prove

However, I will gladly quote several of your hundreds of posts where you state the opposite of this statement. Would you like me to do that for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

At this stage now, surely only the brainwashed and the brain dead follow Trump.

Quite clearly his supporters are morons.

Unfortunately they also have votes.

Maybe the Chinese are on to something by putting stupid people into sweat shops instead of in decent jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

US House Select Jan 6 Committee subpoenas top Trump aides

Michael Flynn (former Natl Security Advisor)

Jason Miller (spokesman)

Bill Stepien (campaign manager)

John Eastman (author of 1/6 certification strategy memo)

Bernie Kerik (part of Willard Hotel meeting)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump was held to a different standard, we all know that. 25k a month still dying of covid in US, if this was happening on Trumps watch it would be all over CNN, but it's happening on Bidens watch, so it's not even mentioned. 85k deaths from covid in last 3 months. This was never this bad. But Biden is in charge, shush, shush, look, a squirrel

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How many of those were unvaccinated thanks to Republican driven misinformation and lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

With most of the revenue increase coming from the top 10%, indicating that despite a pandemic the wealthy are earning increasingly disproportionate amounts. There's plenty of room for those people to shoulder more tax burden, it's not like they're suffering if they're earning so much more than they did two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What were you told about bringing context to a discussion?!!!!

Covid is being discussed almost every time I turn on an American news channel.

However, unlike you, they acknowledge that the pandemic is still rampant both because the current variant is highly transmissible and because of the low vaccine uptake of republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They are trying to reduce that number by vaccinating people, but there's huge resistance to it. Some of the worst areas are red counties in Florida where DeSantis has actively fought against any reasonable attempt to reduce transmission and vaccinate people. How would you reduce virus transmission?

You’re sending me off to look stuff up? Can you not provide something to support your assertion that the election was rigged?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

I hadn't realised it was as high as that. Another failure for the Biden administration 😥

• Advertisement

Th funds were used to turn out voters. High voter turnout among minorities and poor people is bad for the GOP.

That is not election rigging. Every vote cast was legal and fair. No one can prove otherwise.

I think it’s disgusting to accuse people of rigging an election with zero proof.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement