Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

How's that healthcare plan? Still coming in the next couple of weeks when he said it would be his first action in office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

There are some people you are just wasting your time arguing with...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Or perhaps they might like to explain how and why "Infrastructure week" became the joke/meme that it did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

you have presented me with the fact that more money was spent in Democratic districts. Acknowledged and agreed.

Now I want proof that this amounts to election rigging.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

I don’t believe that’s the case with notobtuse. I believe he can be swayed to the logic.

He was a Romney Republican, I’m genuinely shocked he’s pro Trump.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

LOL... We've been battling a long time, haven't we?

There were things I didn’t like about ever Republican running for the office since Ronald Reagan… Even Trump. But they were all better IMO that the candidates the Democrats put up. As for democrat presidents since Reagan Bill Clinton is the only one I thought was worth a damn. Romney would have run the country like a successful business and fiscally conservative, just like Trump did.  The Republican I was least happy with was McCain and held my nose as I pulled the lever. There is no reason for me to talk about the things I didn’t like regarding Trump. That’s already covered by 99% of the posters here. How boring would it be if ya’ll were only preaching to the choir? So I focus my comments on what I did like about Trump in boards.ie. And if you want to know what I disliked about Trump, it was because he acted like a know-it-all ass too much of the time.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Find me one business that Trump ran successfully and while you're at it show us how trump did with the deficit in his time in office seeing as how you said he's fiscally Conservative

It’s common sense Biran. Those funds, USING ELECTION OFFICIALS was to be used in a non-partisan way, helping ALL VOTERS to be able to vote in a Covid affected election. But that money was used in COMPLETELY PARTISAN WAYS using election officials to do the dirty work of democrats. The Left wing organization that was responsible for the disbursements of funds targeted the lion’s share of the money in swing states and key areas with high democrat voters. They knew if they could get large amounts of democrats to vote they could steal the election. The money was used in I'd say about 90% to get democrats voting affected by Covid and only about 10% towards getting republicans affected by Covid to vote. That IS RIGGING THE ELECTION. This organization was also illegally given the lists of democrats and republicans geographically by democrat election officials. And that is why there are laws being passed so that this type of election rigging cannot happen again.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So again. I concede that they spent the money to get out Democratic voters. This is not illegal. otherwise they wouldn’t be passing laws against it after the fact

Can you explain how people voting legally is “stealing” the election

You’re contradicting yourself

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

No I'm not. If the money was used in a PARTISAN way, and using election officials, it was illegal and it resulted in the stealing of the election by targeting swing states and heavy democrat areas in get out the DEMOCRAT vote tactics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

What does the future hold for Donald Trump?

Georgia RICO trial?

Brian, maybe this might help, maybe not. If Zuckenberg would have hired all his own people (not utilizing election official who are supposed to do their jobs in a non partisan way) to do the work of targeting almost exclusively democrats votes and get them to vote, and not have obtained confidential voter files from election officials, then the money would have been spent legally. But that is not what was done and therefore constitutes the 'stealing' of the election, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭briany

He promised to build that wall, and by heck he did! Well, parts of it, anyway. And some of that was already in place. And there was an R&D phase that held things up. And it's not technically a wall, but bollard fencing for most of it...

But he also promised to lock Hillary up and by god he.... he.... well, she probably doesn't go out as much these days, so that's probably the same. Actually, Trump could probably tell his supporters that he put the real Hillary in jail and the Hillary who makes appearances is just a stand in because he knows how much Hillary being in jail would upset the liberals so bad that they'd have a collective psychotic break and he doesn't want to see them hurting that much, magnanimous as he is... If Trump ever decides to go all-in with QAnon, that's the kind of even crazier sh*t he could be saying every week.

Not when you hear the ENTIRE conservation which was quite legitimate, and not only the selected sections the media was instructed to put out in public by their democrat overloards. But anything right now to make republicans and Trump look bad, even if it is just more made up bullshit, and take away the public's watching all the Biden administration's failings is as good thing and how they probably look at it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Getting more people who are eligible to vote to make use of their vote is not in any way stealing an election by any definition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

[NPR quote]In the weeks since the election, allies of Trump have included the Center for Tech and Civic Life's grants in their voter fraud conspiracy theories. They have challenged the legality and neutrality of the grants, claiming that the funding was aimed at boosting Democratic turnout.

But an APM Reports analysis of voter registration and voter turnout in three of the five key swing states shows the grant funding had no clear impact on who turned out to vote. Turnout increased across the U.S. from 2016. The APM Reports analysis found that counties in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona that received grants didn't have consistently higher turnout rates than those that didn't receive money. [/quote]

Source: https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/943242106/how-private-money-from-facebooks-ceo-saved-the-2020-election

Can you point us to the entire conversation please so we can listen to it for ourselves?

Did the APR in their analysis compare it to the turnout in other areas that did not receive funding? How did Trump who was winning by 2 million votes at the end of the night in Pennsylvania, suddenly loose a few days later suspiciously from the areas that received the majority of that dirty money in the state? Personally I don't trust liberal NPR or APR with anything to do with politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

perhaps read posts before responding to them

But an APM Reports analysis of voter registration and voter turnout in three of the five key swing states shows the grant funding had no clear impact on who turned out to vote. Turnout increased across the U.S. from 2016. The APM Reports analysis found that counties in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona that received grants didn't have consistently higher turnout rates than those that didn't receive money.

• Advertisement

From the NPR article...

"The full extent of the grants isn't known. The Center for Tech and Civic Life declined repeated interview requests from APM Reports to discuss the funding and how it was used."

So basically the article and APM's assumptions is a guess with no hard data to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"a guess with no hard data to back it up."

Sounds very familiar mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In other news, the crack legal team representing the #2xIMPOTUS in his illegal attempt to post-hoc invoked executive privilege which was shot down by a judge 2 days ago, went back to the same judge seeking injunctive relief. Unsurprisingly, the judge told them to take a hike. So, now, the team of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe have until 12 Nov to appeal (tomorrow.)

Be very amusing if the appeal's ignored. That can happen.

Dewey, Cheatham , and Howe

😂

Nice one centurion, nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

Not a comment on Trump but just a comment in general.

You can't run a Government like you run a business. The aim of a business is to make money. The aim of a Government is to look after it's citizens. If you have lots of unproductive employees, you get rid of them. You can't do that with unproductive citizens unless your country is North Korea or similar.

Trump was as successful at running the government as he was at running his businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, I'm not a lawyer but it seemed ridiculous to be going for an injunction against a ruling to the same judge the day after the judge issued the ruling.

Judge's hate it when you waste their time. That's the #1 rule taught to lawyers in the US: Don't waste the judges time. #1a: Be prepared to answer 'what are you doing in my courtroom' when you are in court.

FWIW, "Dewey, Cheatham and Howe" were the legal team for a fabulous radio program on NPR called "Car Talk" that ran for years. And I think the joke goes back at least to the era of the Marx brothers, if not further.

• Advertisement

forbes has no idea how much he owes in total. the article makes that clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement