Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You have been allowed to freely give your personal anecdotal opinions here about Trump’s past and future, along with occasional citations from the far, far political right of the American spectrum.

This has included your unquestioning, uncritical, and continuous support for Trump’s 2020 election fraud Big Lie, no matter what evidence has been presented here by many postings. Multiple state election recounts, including the recent Arizona Republican sponsored Cyber Ninja recounting that found no evidence to overturn the Biden win has been posted here, which you have conveniently ignored, because it differs with your absolute support for Trump in 2024.

You have given no credit to Trump’s (Republican) US Attorney General William Bar, when he concluded that there had been no evidence to support the overturn of the 2020 election after an examination by the US Justice Department, obviously because it differs with Trump’s Big Lie.

You continue to ignore the results of over 60 state, federal, and Supreme Court decisions that rejected Trump’s Big Lie conspiracy, as that would erode his position for 2024 election. Except for the suggestion that all the evidence was not available after the election when these more than 60 cases were filed. This extraordinary number of Trump’s failed cases boggles the imagination for most of us across the pond, but not you for some reason. It also suggests that the many expensive, Trump supporting legal firms did not do their research following Trump’s loser election, and were all incompetent in comparison to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've seen it mentioned that he would have been in line for top GOP Committee positions if they were to take control in the midterms, but also that he was going to be facing a much tougher election fight due to more balanced redistricting in California.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Is this the same Devin Nunes that ran and told Trump everything that was said during confidential closed door bipartisan intelligence committee meetings during Trump’s first impeachment? Or was it during Trump’s second impeachment? I sometimes get confused given that Trump holds the record for being impeached more than any US President.

• Advertisement

Oh, is this the same Devin Nunes that took Nunes Cow to court in an attempt to muzzle him or her or it from making fun of him on social media? Does this add to his qualifications to be Trump’s social media CEO?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thin skin? I remember when Trump was roasted during the annual meeting of the international press corps. He was visibly angry when made fun of. This was in comparison to when they roasted Obama, who laughed at himself so much he was crying on stage.

Trump’s first attempt to create a new social media platform failed last spring. Trump appears voiceless after being banned from Twitter. Now is Trump’s second attempt to circumvent the Twitter ban, and as when he was president, he continues to value loyalty over competence when appointing Nunes as his social media CEO.

Would Nunes Cow be more qualified? At least the Cow is not offended by a sense of humor. Pictures Cow laughing at himself while getting roasted (excuse the pun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You must be confusing me with someone else. Either that our you just fancy me as the representation of the faction that wrongly thought if Trump actually did win the election it would change the outcome of the election. I always maintained that even if there were evidence of wrongdoing in the election, and the resulting investigations indicated Trump gained more than enough electoral votes, it wouldn't change things and the old doddering fool, who campaigned disconnected from everything hidden in his underground basement bunker, would remain president because the election was certified. But I always said that there were problems, irregularities, and illegalities involved in the 2020 election and should be investigated... not to overturn the election, but rather so there can be corrections and rules enacted so that it wouldn't happen again in future elections.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

The big difference was even though it was a humorous roast for Obama, it remained respectful. For Trump it was mean and nasty and downright disrespectful.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"mean and nasty". you even copy his language. Trump has a thin skin and no sense of humour.

If at first you don’t succeed try ,try again. I hope it succeeds and Trump develops something that would combat the rampant bias of Zuckenberg and Dorsey’s malicious actions... ones that helped to throw the election to Biden. Even Dorsey has now admitted his banning of valid investigative reporting during the election was wrong. Give them an inch and they’ll take a yard.

And a word of advice... reports are out that Facebook will now scour your iCloud account and look for naked pictures of you to capture for themselves.  All in the name of for your own good, you know. Turn a blind eye to their abuses just because it was Trump and you open the door for more of their abuses, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Either that our you just fancy me as the representation of the faction that wrongly thought if Trump actually did win the election it would change the outcome of the election. I always maintained that even if there were evidence of wrongdoing in the election, and the resulting investigations indicated Trump gained more than enough electoral votes, it wouldn't change things

So now you accept that there is no evidence of wrong doing. And are now stating that, even if there was, (By democrats), that the independant (And republican recounts) would have ignored these and stated that the "doddering old fool" in his bunker would have won? AFAIK the only thing biden did was follow government guidelines about social distancing.... Guidelines similar to those around the world. The only "doddering old fool" in a bunker was trump during BLM protests.... Y'know, until he tear-gassed them for a photo-op.

But I always said that there were problems, irregularities, and illegalities involved in the 2020 election and should be investigated

You always said. And they were (investigated) and were discovered to be lies in 100% of the cases. 100% of the cases that were not thrown out immediately failed.

Apparently unknown to them the majority of voters have moved on from Trump and are now focused on the current shambles that is the Biden administration. The voters now see Democrat policies are wrong about everything and bad for America, evident by dismal Biden favorability ratings.

Compared to trump?

*queue the posting of trump's republican poling and not overall.....

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's these kind of reports that trump and his tech-illiterate henchmen rely on to "prove" liberal bias.

iCloud is Apple. And yes, it was announced by Apple that this was a proposal. There are genuine privacy concerns with tech companies. Especially in the US. But it's OK. They are only looking up republican's phones. 😀 (See? This is a lie. I can admit when something is a lie)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You should write a book - "From cult deprogrammer to cult member." Needs a catchier title but you've a hell of an imagination so it shouldn't be too hard to come with something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

One thing you're to be applauded for is maintaining a fantastic level of shitposting

Fox & Friends, Breitbart News, and the pillow guy talking points. Supports Trump’s Big Lie conspiracy theory that the election was stolen from Trump. Continues to ignore what Trump’s (Republican) US Attorney General concluded, after an investigation of the 2020 election by the US Department of Justice, that there was no evidence that would have changed the election outcome, accordingly TRUMP LOST. Ignores the results of many state recounts, including AZ recount by Cyber Ninjas, all certifying that TRUMP LOST. Ignores over 60 court cases that TRUMP LOST.

Trump is a POOR LOSER. And he does not care if he erodes the American democracy with his Big Lie conspiracy theory in preparation for 2024, because Trump is all about Trump.

• Advertisement

Hmmm... I always thought you were above 'yabuts.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Notobtuse. How do you square the circle that on the one hand sees the US completely controlled by the Liberals through the media and deepstate, and yet Trump won in 2016, the controlled congress and the supreme court?

This is the thing that I can never work out. If the Dems are so powerful, how come they are, at the same time, so completely useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Lets hope he does. Not a forgone conclusion, but I would still consider it a surprise if he didn't. Though I don't think Trump will actually be the GOP nominee.

Trump’s approval ratings cratered during his final days as president at 34 percent, and never went higher than 47 percent. Over half of the population did not approve of his performance as president during his 4 years term.

Of course those who adore him would call this fake news, because they live in an alternative facts universe where Trump was a better president than Lincoln, including all the presidential faces on Mt Rushmore. Even Trump compared himself to Lincoln during his rallies, but once again this must be fake news, even if there are vids showing him saying this.

If you recall, almost everyone thought Trump would lose the 2016 election, even into the evening of election night. Pollsters didn't take the "shy voters' into consideration... those who would not admit they were sick of Obama's march to liberalism, and were afraid to be criticized for admitting they were going to vote for Trump. And democrats believed the pollsters. IMO, In 2020, democrats used COVID as an excuse to make moves that made the election rife for abuse by their surrogates. such as taking seemingly illegal actions against election laws, the misuse and seemingly illegal use of things like ZuckBucks in swing states, and abuses of ballot harvesting by democrat operatives, ensuring a Biden win. Democrats fought against laws that were enacted against ballot harvesting because of the obvious abuses that had taken place. Big surprise democrats fought against the restriction of ballot harvesting in some states, but in 2021 the SCOTUS ruled states can impose rules on ballot harvesting. My opinion, and a hell of a good and valid one, if you ask me.

In 2020, democrats used COVID as an excuse to make moves that made the election rife for abuse by their surrogates. such as taking illegal actions against election laws, the misuse and illegal use of things like ZuckBucks in swing states, and abuses of ballot harvesting by democrat operatives, ensuring a Biden win. 

nothing but lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That doesn't even remotely answer my question. Apparently the Dems, working together with the Leftist liberal media, control everything in the US. `to such an extent that no only could they not get HC elected, they couldn't get control of the Senate, are in a minority in the supreme court, lost countless state seats.

But somehow, after letting Trump slip through their hands, and with Trump in control of all the main levers of the state, managed to enable the biggest voting fraud in US history, together with corrupting the legislature (many of which were given their positions by the GOP) such that they went along with this.

So on the one hand you believe that this cabal has the ability, nay the actual power to do all this, but also that they are so inept that they simply misread a few polls and merely made an ooposie on election 2016 and let Trump win?

You actually believe both those positions?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There's the inverse to that position that I have queried many times before.

If the Democrats do indeed control so many things via this mysterious "deep state" and are so rampantly corrupt why then when the GOP do managed to gain complete control over the entire apparatus of state do they fail miserably to prosecute even one single Democrat for all these egregious crimes?

The only options are that the GOP are either inept beyond all measure or alternatively , all their protestations of criminality are completely and utterly unfiltered bullsh!t.

It's actually both , but even if it was only one of those options it's really not a good look for the GOP.

Oh and one other thing - There is no such thing as the "shy" GOP voter , they do not exist.

They didn't exist in 2016 , 2018 or 2020 and they won't exist in 2022.

Just another one of the utterly fallacious things that GOP/Trump supporters come out with.

I believe democrats and their media handmaidens controlled the messaging in the 2020 election, and the American voters were duped. This is supported by reports that 20% of Biden voters now wish they could take their vote for Biden back and voted for Trump instead, and one-third of Americans believe Biden won because of widespread voter fraud. Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Cody montana

1/3 of Americans = Republicans.

Their god was hammered in the election, but they can’t accept defeat.

There was no widespread fraud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement