Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Come on man..

No need for that..

Okay. Make me take it back. Show your credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The corporate war machine is back in control..
    Ah ok, is it now?

How would you compare arms deals and financing of Saudi Arabia in support of the Yemeni war under Biden as opposed to the previous administration?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tbh I don't follow the news anymore..I spent way too long doing that and realized none of them are to be trusted..if I watch something left leaning I'm aware of that..if I watch something right leaning I'm aware of that..CNN would have been reasonable years ago..
    Honestly I think anyone who believes what they see on the news without context is naive..

Re the election..five states sent contested electors.. senators stood up and said that there was fraud..Biden won the lowest amount of countieses ever and 1 of 19 bellwether constituencies..those jumps at 4in the morning were dodgy.. As well as the censorship in the lead up to it..

There was never any reasonable look at any of that..it was the most transparent election ever..
    Look, it doesn't matter now.. The corporate war machine is back in control..

Trump brought 60 cases to court over the election. And none of them progressed in any meaningful fashion and all have been discarded.

You can say that you are objective and aware of any bias, and yet, in the same post, you parrot baseless nonsense.

Not to mention your 'corporate war machine is back in control' rubbish which could have been lifted direct from a Kayleigh McEnaney press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Trump claimed when he came in the military didn't even have ammunition.. not much of a war machine

Trump tries to claim Obama and Democrats ignored the military for a decade so he had to completely rebuild it with trillions in investment..yet Democrats were war mongers. Newsflash you can't have both

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There was never any reasonable look at any of that.

So you don't trust the courts either? Because they took a more than reasonable look at it and concluded that it was all absolute horseshït.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I have to admit, if you look at the CNN YouTube channel, a lot of it is committed to attacking the GOP. Not that I think the GOP aren't legitimate targets but it is meant to be a news channel. The fact that it's the only US channel that Sky carry also make it an easier target. They used to have an International channel which would only dip into the US channel occasionally but recently it seems to just carry the domestic channel. (That's what we're seeing on Sky)

Going back to the Trump topic, sort of, one of his big supporters Marjorie Taylor Greene is appointed an education spokesperson despite denying the seriousness of the school shooting issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭yagan

flazio wrote: »
    I have to admit, if you look at the CNN YouTube channel, a lot of it is committed to attacking the GOP. Not that I think the GOP aren't legitimate targets but it is meant to be a news channel. The fact that it's the only US channel that Sky carry also make it an easier target. They used to have an International channel which would only dip into the US channel occasionally but recently it seems to just carry the domestic channel. (That's what we're seeing on Sky)

Going back to the Trump topic, sort of, one of his big supporters Marjorie Taylor Greene is appointed an education spokesperson despite denying the seriousness of the school shooting issues.
    I think it's more a reflection of how wacky the GOP have become. There's simply no political balance when one party simply will condemn an attempt to overturn democracy.

The launch of Fox news was ground zero for wacko politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1354884305827328002?s=09

Couple of things

1) nice to see the GOP have forgotten what happened a whole 3 weeks ago and/or are perfectly okay with what Trump did

2) this shows which way Mccarthy and others are gonna go should the GOP spilt

3) that tangerine twit had a hand in writing this. The sentence structure is that of a 5 year old.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1354913493409914881?s=19

Somebody will get killed unless they quit the "stop the steal" bullsh1t.

The fact that the GOP and Trump haven't come out to squash this movement means they are complicit should anything happen. It is entirely foreseeable and they are doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tbh I don't follow the news anymore..I spent way too long doing that and realized none of them are to be trusted..if I watch something left leaning I'm aware of that..if I watch something right leaning I'm aware of that..CNN would have been reasonable years ago..
    Honestly I think anyone who believes what they see on the news without context is naive..

Re the election..five states sent contested electors.. senators stood up and said that there was fraud..Biden won the lowest amount of countieses ever and 1 of 19 bellwether constituencies..those jumps at 4in the morning were dodgy.. As well as the censorship in the lead up to it..

There was never any reasonable look at any of that..it was the most transparent election ever..
    Look, it doesn't matter now.. The corporate war machine is back in control..

I didn't ask about the election, I asked - and ask again - where you got the information! Because of the first statement in bold is true, then the second is preoven to be a baseless guess, QED.

It's really not that difficult a question to understand!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1354913493409914881?s=19

Somebody will get killed unless they quit the "stop the steal" bullsh1t.

People already have.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

People already have.

But hey, that's forgiven apparently.

I'm talking about more people.

One of the worst things about the 6th is that Trump did absolutely nothing while the capitol was attacked. That's how you know he was happy with what was happening.

And it's the same here. Nothing being done to stop the loonies he created from doing more harm.

Is it a race to the bottom with the GOP?

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1354932933719539712?s=19

Dear lord. Disgusting stuff.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Is it a race to the bottom with the GOP?

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1354932933719539712?s=19

Dear lord. Disgusting stuff.

There's a reply to the tweet that gives some insight into what a fine upstanding member of Society Boebert truly is

https://twitter.com/hartson1_bill/status/1355108740194852864

Es5QNsjW4AIP5BB?format=jpg&name=900x900

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    There's a reply to the tweet that gives some insight into what a fine upstanding member of Society Boebert truly is

https://twitter.com/hartson1_bill/status/1355108740194852864

Es5QNsjW4AIP5BB?format=jpg&name=900x900

Personally, I liked this reply

https://twitter.com/DevinCow/status/1354947376834895873?s=19

This is an excellent analysis - Asha Rangappa

THREAD. I had to take a little break from political Twitter to gather my thoughts on how the GOP is responding to impeachment. I find that in the face of gaslighting, it is useful to repeat things that we know to be true, and then assess the choices from there. To wit:

2. TRUTH #1: Donald Trump did not win the 2020 election. He could not accept this outcome. Because of his inability to accept this outcome, he manufactured a Big Lie that he *did* win the election, and put all of the official powers at his disposal to force this to be the case

3. TRUTH #2: As part of this effort, he attempted to 1) shakedown the Secretary of State of Georgia to manufacture 11,780 "extra" votes that would give him a victory in that state; 2) conspired with officials at DOJ to manufacture false cases of voter fraud in Georgia

4. and 3) rallied his supporters using the Big Lie to convene in Washington, D.C. to "fight" against Congress' Electoral College certification. When this became a violent insurrection at the Capitol, he refused to use his power to either verbally disavow that insurrection or

5. use his official authority to permit the National Guard and other reinforcement mechanisms to protect the official and constitutional functions of a coequal branch of government. In so doing, he violated his oath of office.

6. TRUTH #3: His words and actions, in addition to his failure to act, resulted in the death of 5 people, including law enforcement officials, and the threat to the lives of members of Congress and his own Vice President.

7. TRUTH #4: If he had succeeded, it is unclear what state of functioning our democracy would be in at this moment.

8. TRUTH #5: There are members of Congress who subscribe to the Big Lie, and are effectively representing the interests of the domestic terrorists who invaded our Capitol in our democratic processes. 

9. Reasonable people cannot disagree on the above Truths. The question is how whether and how Trump should be held accountable for #1-5. Impeachment is one option through which he can be held accountable, and specifically whether he should be barred from holding office again.

10. If Senators hide behind procedural arguments for why Trump's actions cannot be adjudicated in an impeachment trial (on which the weight of experts agree is permitted), then they are avoiding, but not answering, the question of accountability

11. So the only questions to ask these people is: 1) Do you believe Trump should be held accountable for his actions? (yes or no) and 2) If not an impeachment, then how? (i.e., do they go on record as conceding that criminal prosecution is OK?)

12. Underlying both of these questions, of course, is the more fundamental question of: Do you disavow Trump's Big Lie? Unless GOP are willing to go on record saying YES, then they are 1) saying the insurrection was justified and 2) Trump should not be held accountable, ever /END

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭briany

Seems like Trump's having a nice quiet time down in Florida plotting his comeback. Where's all these civil suits and debt collectors banging on his door that were supposed to make his life a living hell for the foreseeable future?

briany wrote: »
    Seems like Trump's having a nice quiet time down in Florida plotting his comeback. Where's all these civil suits and debt collectors banging on his door that were supposed to make his life a living hell for the foreseeable future?

Patience. Delayed gratification.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭yagan

I read an interesting piece a few months ago about why commercial rents aren't falling to reflect the relocation of jobs out of Manhattan because debt covenants get triggered if a buildings rent falls below a certain value etc..

Seemingly it's currently a game of who blinks first between big property funds who are reluctant to realise losses on empty skyscrapers. The damn will break as all those empties will zero income are still liable for NY taxes and rates.

Rudy best stop digging...

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1355186318469378050?s=19

I have to say, I would have loved it if Rudy was to defend Trump in the Senate

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1355248526817710082?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 83,040 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rudy best stop digging...

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1355186318469378050?s=19

I have to say, I would have loved it if Rudy was to defend Trump in the Senate

Lincoln Project sent him a scathing cease and desist:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1355618315570393090?s=21

Meanwhile, in the last week Trump hasn’t lost one, not two, not three, NOT four, but FIVE lawyers for his impeachment defense. This appears to be in part because he doesn’t want them to argue that an impeachment trial for a president after he’s left office is moot (it’s not) but rather that he is insistent that they use the trial to argue his election hoax claims.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1355686891987808263?s=21

You hate to see it!

At this point congressional Republicans will be crying for mercy for the president who can’t or is unwilling to string together a real defense for himself. Make him portray a victim and plead insanity or something.

Overheal wrote: »
    Lincoln Project sent him a scathing cease and desist:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1355618315570393090?s=21

Meanwhile, in the last week Trump hasn’t lost one, not two, not three, NOT four, but FIVE lawyers for his impeachment defense. This appears to be in part because he doesn’t want them to argue that an impeachment trial for a president after he’s left office is moot (it’s not) but rather that he is insistent that they use the trial to argue his election hoax claims.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1355686891987808263?s=21

You hate to see it!

At this point congressional Republicans will be crying for mercy for the president who can’t or is unwilling to string together a real defense for himself. Make him portray a victim and plead insanity or something.

1) i hope so much Rudy gets the gig!
    2) perhaps they resigned because they saw the evidence and its worse than we know. That would also line up with the Reps wanting to stop it before it began as
    3) an awful defence will make it harder for reps to hold their nose and vote to acquit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Trump doesn't need lawyers. He could stand up and say "I did it and I'll do it again" and the Republicans would still not convict him.

Trump doesn't need lawyers. He could stand up and say "I did it and I'll do it again" and the Republicans would still not convict him.

https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status/1355761739556560898?s=09

Why would a billionaire need to save money by defending himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why would a billionaire need to save money by defending himself?

Maybe he is planning to use the saved money to help those patriots that answered his call to defend themselves ?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Maybe he is planning to use the saved money to help those patriots that answered his call to defend themselves ?

Yes that must be it. He has a long history of altruism and philanthropy.

• Advertisement

Yes that must be it. He has a long history of altruism and philanthropy.

Trump supporters everywhere: "Oh f*ck it's a bus"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement