Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Nothing haley said was wrong. She didn't say Biden was weak, she factually said under biden "our weakness". No gaslighting."

1) It is clear to anyone that she meant the current administration, ie Biden, was weak. The GOP have been pushing that word ever since he was nominated for the Dem candidate and it is naive/disingenuous to say or think otherwise

2) Haley sat by and let Trump give Putin everything he needed for 4 full years, including Trump coming to Putin's defence when he carried out an attack on american soil. This is where it has brought us. Any criticism of Trump by Haley was half arsed and mealy mouthed.

3) This is weakness in the face of Putin

"Again to some if you are not on board with all the lefts ideals you are a far right trump supporting racist." If that's how you see yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Could you imagine if Biden had said that, the Donnie fan club would be here right now crowing about dementia again. But when this clown says something dumb, it's silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So that means he's innocent? What was your classification of innocence again? Oh yes "Is he in jail yet?". It is an interesting situation alright and will be interesting to see how it goes on.

So regarding his cheerleading of Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Remember when I asked where trump supporters would draw the line? Has this been crossed yet?

• Previously trump and his cronies were calling people who "took the knee" traitors.
    • When trump called American prisoners of war "Losers" that wasn't the line.
    • When trump called white supremecists "Fine People" that wasn't the line.
    • When trump tear-gassed peaceful protesters for a photo opportunity that wasn't the line.
    • When trump admitted to sexually assaulting women that wasn't the line.
    • When trump riled up, then sat back and PRAISED an angry mop who stormed Capitol Building. A terrorist act. That wasn't the line.
    • Now we have trump supporting the invasion of Russia (Classified internationally and by the US as a "hostile/rogue Nation") into an independent country. Russia is NOT considered an ally of the US. Trump stated that that Putin was sending in Peacekeepers (Towing the Putin line of course). Is THIS the line?
    • Trump then suggested that the US should do the same to Mexico. Is THIS the line?

Where do you say "Ah f*ckit, you're on your own". I know I'm not going to get an answer. They'll put on their blinkers and we'll just get a post about a poll. They will then log out and log in again under (many) different names and "Thank" their own post. No debate engagement. Deflection and regurgitation is not debate.

Edit: Fixed typo

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hopefully prison. I can't bear to think of HIM in charge and putin invading the baltics.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Trump in charge when Putin invades the Baltics, he'll probably send troops to help the Russians.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Advertisement

Honestly, how can that reporter go home and look herself in the mirror? "We had kind of a really pathetic display from the Ukranian president today, President trump". Ignore the fact that Trump thought the US was invading (That in itself...... Anyway). How can someone come out with that bile? How does she sleep at night? At 4AM is she thinking "Hang on, I just called this man pathetic as he attempted to stop 150,000 troops INVADING HIS F*CKING COUNTRY". People are going to die. Innocent civilians are going to die! Men, women, children are going to f*cking DIE and all they can do is jerk off because Biden is in office. What kind of human sells their soul to that degree?. Shame on her. Shame on her employers. Shame on her station. Shame on her viewers. Shame on EVERYONE who thinks this is right and defends it.

Disgusting filth. And if someone asks "Are you saying that those who watch fox news are filth?" I say no. What I say is: ALL those who AGREE with fox news are filth. I will NOT caveat that. 100% of people who agree with and support fox news are filth.

Edit: I added more there about what I think about fox viewers. Those who thanked this post may wish to review :) But I stand by my belief

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Americans are gonna put him back too ....i just know it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The idea that the Ukranian President would plead for peace knowing that they don't have the army or power to fight against Russia, instead of just shouting "GAME ON, MOTHERF*CKER!" and turning it into a full blown war/conflict, makes him pathetic?

There's a serious disease in the mind of some Americans when it comes to war, probably because they're always on the bigger side of it.

Those calling others "cowards" never send their own kids in to fight in the wars.... .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Don't forget it's the most watched news station in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

It's the most watched news station in the USA and tucker Carlson is an absolute juggernaut when it comes to getting the viewers in.

A news station in good health by all means which is more than can be said for the left leaning news stations since trump's departure as president.

Do you not understand what ? means?

What percentage of the population of the USA watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's a disgusting mouthpiece for the far right and now is a mouthpiece for Russia. How else can one explain the example of their programming above. It and all it's supporters are reprehensible if they think that is considered acceptable journalism. Sorry, let me rephrase: It and all it's supporters are reprehensible BECAUSE they think that is considered acceptable journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's not a news station, it's a right wing rag and Carlson is proving himself to be a great Russian asset. The fact you admire him says a lot about you.

Well I wasn’t expecting an answer from him.

If you are only appealing to a tiny minority then you are not a juggernaut.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Here's something that's important to know.

Fox News is the largest "NEWS" channel , but the majority of people get their news from the regular channels (Think ITV/BBC/RTE vs. Sky News for example)

Fox News averages about 2.5M Viewers daily - but for example the 3 big "Nightly News" bulletin shows (ABC, NBC & CBS) combined have an average above 20M+ every night.

Fox is the biggest fish in the smallish pond of "Cable News Channels"

It does not swim in the much bigger pond where the majority of people who just watch the "news" a few nights a week exist.

• Advertisement

Waiting on trump supporters to stick their heads above the parapet and say how their esteemed leader would have been stronger against Russia...

Your silence is hilarious. What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He admitted grabbing women by the pussy and had police clear protestors using balls of pepper spray. So close enough.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I get all my news from the most reliable sources like...greenwald.substack.com....

It's basically a blog....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I do apologise. We agree he admitted sexual assault

He said there were “very fine people, on both sides.” One side was a March organised by white supremacists, shouting Nazi anti Jewish slogans and flying aryan nation and swastika flags. What “fine people” joined them?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Again to some if you are not on board with all the lefts ideals you are a far right trump supporting racist.

Stop with the weak ass strawman building.

No one on the left is clamouring for everyone to declare complete and unabashed support for a candidate as is happening on the right, whether at the extremes or wherever it is you think you exist and have convinced yourself that it is an appropriate position.

If you want to support Haley, support her and own your support for her. Speaking for myself, I don't care. They're your words about not supporting all the lefts ideals equalling being a far right Trump supporting racist. No one of note on the Left is saying that no matter how often you or Fox News hosts or Ted Cruz or Steve Bannon claim that to be the case.

Niki Haley is definitely Trump supporting and for me, that's enough to hope she never again holds a position of significant power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yes and you just proved my point, if i was to support haley which i would, you would claim she is a trump supporter which in turn would make me a trump supporter in your eyes. Believe it or not you can agree with some of what trump did and still dislike the man and not be a trump supporter, i believe haley fell into that category and condemned him on certain things. But its all in or out with many on the left and right too tbf. You fall into that category like many on here who can support just 1 side no matter what. Childish but many many like that these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You could stop and maybe have a think about your own logic in supporting someone when you feel the need to have to go out of your way to pre-empt how people may react to that. Maybe there's a subconscious thought there that you should pay attention to.

I pay a lot of attention to political affairs and actions and am more than capable of forming my own opinion on central players on that basis. I'm not bothered about whether or not someone thinks I am judging them or the people they support incorrectly or inappropriately. I don't feel the need to justify my position in having no time for any particular political candidate or to waste time trying to analyze the loops someone tries to jump through to justify their own support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement