Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Failure to grasp the rules is not the same as believing that both sides are subject to the same standards, their not. That façade has slipped a long time ago with regards to how big tech use their platforms to influence elections and silence their political adversaries. Hiding behind terms and conditions that can be altered at a whim to justify censorship is very predictable for people like you. When you support big tech and their T&C (that serve their own goals) , like you are doing now , it only serves as a reminder that your howls about a fair and honest election was total BS.

It never was , and will continue to not being a fair and honest election as the unprecedented level of power granted on big tech and social media platforms allows them to take active roles in politics. From vested financial and political motives to algorithmic influence , subjective censorship and calls to action on their platform.

This is what you can't grasp , or in reality , chose not to grasp. Because you continue to live in denial how the modern left have become the the new authoritarian loving Right. "Just follow the rules they lay out for you bro".. Yeah , no. History shows where that leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So Reagan, George HW Bush and the GOP in general were quite influential in the fall of the USSR. I know, I know there was other massive reasons, financially, politically, socially etc. But it must be said that they were a pretty big part in the fall and the emergence of Eastern European states, unification of Germany and other aspects. Sure, there were problems, later wars etc, as so often happens when countries gain their freedom.

But the current GOPski actually SUPPORT the recreation of the USSR. I suppose it gives them an enemy powerful enough that they can ramp up arms sales, feed into that fear or jingoistic 'Murica the great stuff they love so well. What better way to "Make America Great Again" than building a bigger "Bad Guy". So that's EXACTLY what GOPski will do.

They will point and say "This didn't happen on OUR watch". They will claim that their support of Putin and Russia against America's own interests is simply "fake News". "What about trump's support of Putin?" "No, he said that ironically". "What about GOP silence and lack of condemnation of Putin's illegal war?" "Biden was in power" "What about trump/GOPs withholding of assistance to Ukraine before invasion?" "Fake News" "What about GOP..." " Fake News" "What ab..." "Fake News"

GOPski really REALY is looking back to the good old days:

• Russia was the bad guy (Working on that)
    • Women were in the kitchen and not seen or heard (Unless they have straight Blonde hair)
    • Jesus was a blonde, blue-eyed 'murican who wore a Colt.
    • Homosexuals were deviants to be feared and ignored
    • Ethnic minorities (ie, ANYONE non-white) were to be feared and ignored
    • Immigrants (Legal or illegal) were to be feared and hunted down/demonised
    • Women had NO say/control over their bodies
    • Minorities didn't/couldn't vote
    • The bigger and more inefficient your car is, the better the 'murican you are
    • The environment is for tree-huggers in California/surrender-monkeys in Europe

So THIS is why trump, his klan, fox/RT, GOPski are all furiously masturbating over this happening. It's the GOPski American Dream: Hello USSR, my old friend.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It was the GOP that facilitated companies being able to pour money into the US political system so that they could get huge sums of money from Fossil Fuel companies and others. They can't now whinge because other companies are choosing to spend their money against them.

Don't get me wrong , I'm completely against the whole idea of lobbyists and Dark Money filled PAC's and all of that , but that is a beast entirely of the GOP's making.

If the GOP don't like it then they can work to repeal Citizens United through updated legislation , but they won't because they want their money.

Now - Having said all that someone getting removed from an Internet platform because they are telling lies is not "Political activism" , it's removing a liar simple as that.

Trump went on that Podcast and told lies , lies that he and everybody else absolutely categorically KNOWS are lies.

The whole Right wing canard about "algorithms" and "shadow-banning" is absolute nonsense with zero basis in fact or reality.

I mean , Facebook do such a good job with their Algorithms and Shadow bans that only six of the Top-Ten most active posts on the platform in the US on Saturday were from confirmed Right-wing commentators.. And that day is absolutely consistent with any previous day you care to look at too.

Appalling left-wing censorship , just appalling.

So should a platform be obliged to host lies? I'm not talking about opinions or situations that are open to interpretation. What would happen if they were to continue to host statements that are known lies? They would be considered liable for these lies as they are hosting them.

Regarding the election. I believe that everyone bar trump/his klan can agree that it has been PROVEN that the allegations that were made were false. Maybe some were initial mistakes, maybe some were intentional lies. But now, in 2022, we can all agree that these were incorrect.

To continue to state these as FACT in 2022 MUST be considered to be lies. As a result, these platforms so not want to be sued. Which is probably why the conservative commentators above are still on the very same platforms. They are cleverer with their commentaries (Until they are not) and are not putting these platforms in a position to be liable for hosting/supporting proven lies.

Look how long Infowars was hosted on Youtube/Instagram etc? Right up until they were threatened to be sued because infowars was still spouting proven lies as fact.

Should a company not be able to protect themselves from lawsuits? Should they not be allowed to remove content which is proven to be fraudulent?

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wait, so have you moved on from your 'free speech' position. Can we at least agree that this has nothing to do with a denial of Free speech?

Right, so now that we an agree on that, you seem to have now moved on to the next enemy 'Big Tech'. So Big Tech, which these podcasters have used to generate income for themselves and is so useful that Trump hasn't stopped complaining how Big Tech is refusing him a platform, is now the problem? And what constitutes Big Tech? Is it only the likes of FB and YT? Banks use massive tech, the government uses massive tech. Hell, tech is everywhere.

What is your definition of Big Tech? Only when we can get an actual definition will it be possible to debate it as otherwise everything is talking about something different.

As for the election being stolen, that has been debunked so many times. If you have evidence of this I would suggest you get yourself connected to Trump so that he can bring this to court. I assume that all you have is the 'evidence' already supplied by the likes of Trump and Pillow Guy, ie nothing.

Finally I find the last but really odd. As the left is so much of a danger, why would you be worried that the left has now become the authoritarian loving Right? Doesn't that mean that you won and they are doing exactly what you want them to do?

Post edited by Leroy42 on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In News that will shock almost no one , Trump has been caught out scamming his supporters again.

This time , he advertised that they could win a private dinner with him in a fancy restaurant in New Orleans with Flights and Hotels covered too and would be entered into the draw simply by donating to his PAC.

No one actually got the prize and no one had dinner with him.

They claim that it was an admin error and that they simply forget to inform the winner. However there no evidence that there was even any bookings made for flights, accommodation or anything else.

Back in 2019 an earlier report counted 15(!!!) other similar scams raffles where a Dinner or other personal meeting with Trump had been offered without any evidence that any of these had actually happened.

Trump literally could not be in the same room as these people and yet they all think he's awesome and that he really cares about them and their plight.

All he wants is their money and once he has it he couldn't care less of they lived or died.

It's sad.

Removed. Poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Donald who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm guaranteeing you that some posters will use this as proof of him being a peacemaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The most popular news channel in the US is a Trump mouthpiece. Tucker Carlson takes a more active role in US politics than Jack Dorsey. But it's only unfair if it's not on your "side", right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Interesting aside here, didn't realise how impactful this was:

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Was going to post something insightful and well thought out and (Let's be honest, look at my other posts) long..... But all I can say is:

Despicable c*nt. Him and all his klan and apologists. Every. Single. One

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Remember when trump wanted a personal favour for that same aid?

I stand by my statement. It is a word I REALLY do not like and almost never use. But, again, I stand by my statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The point was that trump doing it in a hissy fit allowed putin to do the same, rejoining means nothing as putin already had gotten the excuse and trump played straight into his hands.

Similar to trump releasing all the taliban leaders allowing them to regroup before the Afghani government was running security.

trump supports putins actions, do you support trump still?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

A Hill opinion piece that maybe, just maybe, the GQP are backing away from the #2xIMPOTUS. Personally, I believe they'll prostitute themselves for the money and the votes wherever they are, much like the Democratic party, but maybe something's changing.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/598480-the-post-trump-era-has-begun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Could he not be the nominee?

Then the Republican vote could be split.

Anyway, it’s way too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Of course he could not be the Nominee. I'm expecting it to be DeSantis (DeathSentence) and Noem (Deep South, upper Midwest.) Slicker than the #2xIMPOTUS, younger, ticks all the GQP boxes especially Noem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They, GOP, are certainly looking at the possibility of moving on. They are trying to do it without actually commiting either way.

IMO, they will fail to take the decision that needs to be made. They have been shown time and again to always take the cowardly route rather than stand up to Trump.

So, in the end Trump will be the one to decide. And he already has. The only reason he hasn't officially declared is campaign funding regs means he would have to actually account for the donations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What a trio of deplorable people.

Republicans will love them.

In that another episode of "Accuse others of that which you yourself are guilty", Mark Meadows, Trumps last chief of staff is being investigated for potential voter fraud.

Basically, when he got the Trump gig he sold his house in North Carolina and moved to DC, but he continued to vote back home using the address of a mobile home he was renting but never actually ever lived there, which is a breach of the rules.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I wonder how credible this source is. I believe it too easily

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So, there are a sh1tload of questions about his finances, why he sucks up to Putin and why he looked like a whipped dog in Helsinki.

All trump had to do was show his finances and taxes, as he claimed he would, after he got elected, and he didn't.

Furthermore, when he became president, he parroted Putin's talking points and worked to an agenda that suited Russia.

tldr - a sh1tload of smoke and Trump took no steps to explain any of it. Instead he asked people to believe him. Those that saw the thousands of lies said - nope! His followers blindly did and continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It was shared by democracy now too , so it's dubious, however its no doubt about shady Russian money being laundered by trump Inc, so that could count as being an asset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Depends on how they define an asset. In the best circumstances, Trump was not a witting asset, but an asset nonetheless, given how easily manipulable he is as long as you fondle his ego's massive balls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement