Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“A coup in search of a legal precedent.”

How fitting to describe the false electors scam etc. - they looked back to a time before the electoral count act, to send multiple electors, but in doing so committed fraud, and broke existing electoral law. At least, that’s the information the public appears to have got. Historic examples of dual electors were not for malicious purposes, eg. Hawaii sent a 2nd slate one year not to game the election but to ensure it was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trump releases new statement discussing his hole in one. I have no words at this point. The man and anyone advising him can't have any grip on reality any more.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It just further confirms if it were necessary how utterly insecure and narcissistic the man is.

He gets a hole-in-one and a few people post "You did, yeah..." or the equivalent on Twitter and his ego and rabid insecurity make him post this absolute embarrassment of a press release.

He is a pathetic child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It is simply outside the realms of reality that this utter idiot will be voted in for another term.

And on a separate point, the fact that none of his "supporters" come on this thread anymore to defend him, or when they do they are entirely selective about what they discuss, means that they know it too.

He was lightening in a bottle in 2016 and it cannot be replicated.

He was an utter and literal joke of a president, whose only use going forward will be as a benchmark by which other **** presidents will referred to when discussing who was the worst in american presidential history.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

'Cheat in golf, cheat in life' as my dad used to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He very likely did get a hole-in-one. Quick Google shows that less than 210 yards is a Par 3, and he says his drive was 181 yards. Par 3 normally means your drive should land on the green. After that it's mostly just down to luck.

Given how often he plays golf, the odds eventually getting a hole-in-one aren't that huge, regardless of who he's playing with or how magnificent the wind is. There's a reason he's bragging about this hole-in-one; it's because it very rarely happens. Again, given how often he plays golf, and the fact he never mentioned any hole-in-ones during his Presidency (to my recollection), it's a rare occasion for him. Not a sign of any skill, but just luck.

I know a few local golfers (have family and some friends who play golf). Most have gotten at least one hole-in-one. My father got one about 2 months ago. Most people here wouldn't know about it though, because they didn't issue press releases about it.

Edit: Again, from Google

So, without further ado, the odds of an amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par 3 hole are roughly 12,500 to 1. Furthermore, the odds of a professional golfer making a hole in one on a par 3 hole are closer to 2,500 to 1.

Trump is supposedly a decent enough golfer (again, not surprising given how often he plays, plus this happened on his own course). The odds of him getting a hole-in-one aren't in any way spectacular enough to be in any way impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"There's a lot of chatter about it"

Oh yeah, I was in the pub last night and talk was of little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Stanley 1

Cost him a lot more for his hole in one with Stormy.

Ernie Els should really reconsider who he plays golf with.

nothing to do with questioning him getting one.

all to do with how he reacts to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I agree. I was mostly responding to the "cheat in golf, cheat in life" quote, but also just trying to point out that even outside of him bragging about his achievement.... it's not that big of an achievement. It's rare of course, but it's really not a sign or measure of any skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Took him 3 shots to chip it on to the green on his own course in Doonbeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

No, his klan are off raising threads here about Hunter Biden and Joe Biden's mental health and "I'm back" threads. Following in their idol's footsteps. "Screw you guys, I'm going to make my own thread. With hookers... and blackjack". "You can't keep me down. I do what I want and you can't handle me" type idiots. Debate is impossible with them as they do not engage, simply deflect.

I actually wonder what they really think. Is it a case of they have backed their horse, internally they are face-palming and thinking "Oh God, trump, stop throwing gasoline on the fire" but are simply too prideful to admit that MAYBE he is not a stable genius? Or do they genuinely, in their heart-of-hearts agree with him on his policies. Do they GENUINELY believe the election was stolen? Do they GENUINELY agree that the terrorists who attacked Captiol building were right and simply engaging in debate? In short, do they GENUINELY believe he has had a positive impact on the US and the world in general?

We will never know because they will never answer.

But hey, he got a hole in one. So, y'know, that makes up for his hatred of everything that is not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

All those years and years of playing golf and he is still in the shadow of little rocket man's daddy 😉

I mean his 1st time playing the game and he got at least 5 holes in 1 and set a world record. Trump has playing for 50yrs + and gets excited about 1! Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think that they are, in the main, people that feel let down or left out. That the world as they envisaged it to be is not the world as they see it and therefore anything that sticks two fingers up at that world is to be applauded.

I don't think they think it he necessarily right or wrong, but it is getting one over at the 'elites' and the liberals and the system. It doesn't matter the cost, that isn't really something they are concerned about.

They aren't really sure what the problem is or who is to blame, but it is definitely whatever is currently being talked about and 'them' are the problem.

And Trump, very successfully, tapped into that. Since there is no defined problem, there doesn't need to be a defined solution. And that is why the rallies are so popular. People want to hear someone talk about all the problems they have, even if they aren't really impacted by the vast majority of them.

Its why they likes people like MTG or Gaetz. Even though are fully within the system that is apparently part of the problem, they are telling it like it is and thus anything they do can be passed off as simple a cost worth paying to stop the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

White House docs turned over to the Jan. 6 committee feature "a gap in President Donald Trump’s phone logs of seven hours and 37 minutes" -- including during the Capitol riot.

What is he hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Hoop66

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Looks like Woodward and Caro are on the job here.

https://archive.ph/6SJ64#selection-3087.48-3093.264

(the WaPO article with the details, but not behind a paywall. +1 for archive.ph)

almost 8 hours.

Nixon was missing 18 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And regardless of what he was actually doing, the fact that he was out of touch for that long, in the middle of a major security issue of the capital and the entire US, should show any possible supporters exactly what sort of 'leader' Trump actually is.

The man hid away (that is the best take one can have, the other is that he was actually working away on the coup but not using his phone) while his country edged towards anarchy.

Unfortunately this is true. As long as he's "owning the libtards" then he is golden. He is sticking it to the elites...... A multibillionaire self-professed tax-dodger and his multimillionaire cronies are "Sticking it to the elites"

This frustration with, and blind hatred of, what Americans consider "The Radical Left" (Just left of centre in Europe) has lead them to thinking that trump is "one of us". TBH, it's a little bit sad.

I have a friend who moved to Canada. Recently got their Canadian Passport. Recently started spouting all these trump lines/lies. Sending these usual nasty anti-Ukraine memes. I told them not to. Said I never send them any anti-Russian memes so I expect the same respect. They replied with lines straight out of fox "news" "Oh, I just hate the radical left". I said "You are a Western European and now a Western European/Canadian, working in a Canadian college who has benefitted from social welfare in Ireland and thinks Canadian healthcare is amazing. YOU are the "Radical Left" to these people. Fox news and their audience hate YOU too!"

As I and many have said before, I can absolutely understand where his votes came from in 2016 and why he got in. He 100% was (rightly or wrongly) an antiestablishment vote.

But to still believe that he has ANY sort of positive influence on the world, to continue to believe in him after his lies of election fraud, to continue to believe in him after Jan 6 ("O God, will you ever let Jan 6 GO???!!!"), to continue to believe after ALL the sleaze, after ALL the money-grabbing, after all the stories of his campaigns setting up HUGE direct debits from elderly/vulnerable people, after the proud statements of sexual assault. It really is a little sad.

I know, I know, his MANY racist statements, homophobic statements, anti-women statements, anti-American statements appeal to his most ardent followers. But SURELY they must want more than a racist homophobic sexual assaulting anti-American insurrection instigator? That's ALL he has going for him... Well, apart from getting a hole-in-one.

I just cannot understand how someone who is NOT a racist homophobe anti-American woman-hater can support him because obviously his supporters are NOT all racist homophobic anti-American women-haters. I am absolutely 100000% stating that I do not believe that his supporters are racists or homophobes or anti-women or anything like that. That is ACTUALLY my point. I can't see how they can deep deep down feel "He's one of us. He speaks for me". As I asked before (And was of course, ignored) where is the line? Is there a line?

Ah, I suppose there is no point. We are all preaching to the choir here.

Edit: Fixes typos... So many typos

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Advertisement

I’ll let 1/6 go after these autocoup **** give up the 2020 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And if you watch the coverage from the time 18 minutes was seen as this massive thing and didn’t the secretary have to come into and try and account for how her actions could’ve have lead to those 18 minutes going missing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

With the amount of Golf he plays then, statistically, he was probably due a hole in one.

It’s nauseating how it’s become all about winning the game of politics since then. These aren’t your dads Republicans. Well, some of them are!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think they golf release is to distract from the missing time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Surely the phone provider would have the records from during the gap? I wonder how hard they would be to obtain.

Burner phones.

One of the Trump workers has already told the committee he bought at least 3 of them while in California.

It's possible they might get, maybe some of these burner phones, but the likelihood is not, and there are probably more than those 3 I would guess.

We can only imagine how they were used, but that's 3 people who can talk at once and we can't be sure who they are, as sure as we could be if eg. a burner phone calls Meadows' phone.

Annnnnnd you'll have his klan going on about not being able to prove anything. As they have with everything. Not is something right or wrong morally. That is answered VERY easily. If you get away with it you were right.

Trump, cornered, tries to insist he doesn’t even know what a burner phone is.

Bolton immediately contradicts him, stating he knew exactly what they were and were at minimum the topic of briefings or meetings in multiple instances.

Conscionable guilt here.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement