Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can't understand why anybody thought the white house would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But I do fully anticipate people will be down in the comments shrieking that it is treason something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why would any Trump supporter come on this thread ?

Perhaps they are masochists.

expect people asking when Hunter will be testifying before the Jan 6th committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently Gaetz now has his laptop/hard drive for some reason. The whole thing is just hilarious at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn’t tucker Carlson claim he had it and then didn’t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I lost track after Rudi, I'd say the "chain of custody" is some serious list of degenerates.

TLDR, Gaetz badgered an FBI witness for not knowing the exact whereabouts of Hunters Laptop, which is an oddly specific thing to rant about. Why yes Mr. Gaetz it's in the Evidence locker on the 2nd floor of the so and so building, 3rd cabinet, 2nd drawer from the bottom. It was a silly exchange drummed up so Gaetz could hold up an apparent flash drive copy of the laptop's contents that he had in his possession already, having just bemoaned that Congress hadn't seen the laptop's data even though, clearly, he claims to have had done.

All a bunch of show that doesn't really have anything to do with Trump, other than Republicans want to blame Hunter now for the former losing his re-election bid. Hunter is already the subject of a grand jury, so the Congressman with 3 friends who flipped on him in a sex trafficking case probably should keep a lower profile, unless the point is to cash in all his chips now before that indictment turns up for himself.

Burner phones. Trump claims to have never heard of them, even though they are crucial to his lawsuit against Mary L Trump, whom he claims used burner phones, thereby in his lawsuits own words, evidenced her criminal guilt:

If Trump was found to have used burner phones, his own legal arguments have helped enshrine he knows what a burner phone is, and how it’s use may be criminal, and that even found to be using one should be used as evidence of guilt

meanwhile, Russian TV now is calling for regime change in the US, and to have their “ally,” Donald Trump, installed as the new regime head

This comes on the same day Trump publicly summoned for Putin to give him more political favors in the form of dirt on Joe Biden.

Theres no veils here, just Trump and Russia making it overt and self evident that they desire to collude with one another.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

• Advertisement

He still wants to relitigate the 2020 election, this time with a TV debate. lol

Having lost all battles under the color of law (and one not under the color of law), Trump hopes to at least earn popular ratings, and money for himself, even if he couldn't manage to win the popular vote. Which is equally fascinating because he proposes this idea, to monetize such an important public conversation, while he is casting aspersions at the Biden WH for being corrupt. If this is part of his forthcoming insanity defense plea, I am enthralled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭francois

He's also a traitor,and needs to be punished as such.

in a war time situation, a multiple loser calling on a potential enemy for dirt on the commander in chief

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Post edited by Cody montana on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He suffered no real consequences of doing it before. He supporters would still follow him if he blew their house up and believe him if he said he did it because the democrats were operating a paedophile ring in their non existent basement.

He's a treacherous piece of **** and frankly anyone who says they still support him has absolutely nothing to say that I want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The sooner that cretin chokes on a burger or a hooker the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The funny thing is, anything that Putin might release would have to be considered as fake from the off. Russia is currently subject to on-going sanctions from the US, Putin needs to do whatever he can to damage the US and NATO with what's going on in Ukraine, and so Putin releasing anything which damages Biden (particularly after being called upon to do so by Biden's likely 2024 challenger) simply could not be trusted.

you left out the kicker where he says

"and to again help our partner Trump to become President."

Wait! So, yet another **** thing people here and elsewhere said happened, which Trump and his cronies denied happening, actually happened?

Christ - it's almost as if all this "fake news" was absolutely true!

No wonder there are no more folk on boards who were around as that time saying we had "Trump Derangement Syndrome". Turns out, they were deranged

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The thing is that Trump doesn't actually even register "Treason" as an act that he can commit.

His brain only functions one way - Self-Gratification. It serves absolutely no other purpose.

He views damage to Biden as beneficial to himself so he will accept that damage coming from anywhere and from any one.

He has absolutely no concept of the bigger picture or the idea of putting National security above his personal interests.

It's not even a conscious choice on his part , there is no calculus in his brain evaluating the wider implications of a decision or a statement before he does something.

His brain sees "Good for me , Bad for my Enemies" and that's it , nothing more nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Many of us have asked for the opinions of Trump supporters on his various dealings and impact. I have personally asked on at least 4 occasions where I said I would offer no rebuttal or argument. People are curious about the rationale of supporting trump as more and more evidence of wrong-doing appears. Even if trump supporters believe (With some justification) that some of the cases against him are biased, I believe it is fair to say that his statements on election fraud are now proven false and the continued claims are now simply lies. His condoning of white supremacist groups and the Self-professed statements of sexual assault, His continual support of Putin's invasion, his financial irregularities (Both personal and campaign money).

I have personally asked a simple question: Where is the line? Is there a line? I stated each time that I would offer no rebuttal/challenge. We are curious as to the mindset that believes his actions are acceptable and what would be considered unacceptable.

• Advertisement

Their behaviour is understandable when you accept that it is a cult.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The line is quite simply - "Become a Democrat" , because right now all that matters in the US is which side you are on. While both sides are wont to instantly dismiss the other side , the GOP have elevated it to an art-form along with their ability to excuse and defend any words or actions from someone with an (R) after their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Really what matters is who you vote for. I'm not sure what "Becoming a Democrat" means. Register for the primaries? I've done mail-ins for so long I don't remember if I ever had to register as a Democrat (or GQP) to vote in their primaries, maybe I did.

But, when it comes to the actual elections at any level (i.e., run by the States, not the parties) you can vote for whoever you want.

I think the GQP's the one that's seriously into cultism and indoctrination. The so-called Conservatives like the Trumpenjuden that show up at the CPAC meetings are different, they want to control your voting completely. Never got that feeling from Democrats, and I grew up in a household led by Roosevelt Democrats who routinely voted either party in elections, I still remember being in line with my parents at the voting station when they were discussing voting for Nixon but otherwise Democratic down the ballot. I recall trying to talk them out of voting for Nixon, but no luck.

What I meant by "become a democrat" perhaps should have been phrased as "become a liberal"

I genuinely believe that Trump and the GOP in general can get away with any level of impropriety and indeed criminality as long as they remain loyal to the core Conservative tenets.

Hate Immigrants , Hate "different" , Hate "Government" , (pretend to ) Love God and Guns

You could see the reaction that Trump got when he starting speaking positively about Vaccines.

As long as Trump doesn't come out saying that "CRT" isn't really all that bad or that maybe increased background checks on Gun ownership isn't such a bad idea then his base will never leave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Do you know what?

I'd be perfectly happy to waltz into a thread to argue my point if I believed that the facts supported my view and the view was one I genuinely held.

Any ad hominem attacks would be reported and I would stick to verifiable data points to support my point of view.

NOT.ONE.TRUMP.SUPPORTER has done that.

Not one.

Nothing but belly aches, lashing out disingenuously, false comparisons or all out lies.

That's why there aren't any left. None can discuss matters in good faith because Trump is indefensible and they're simply called out on their bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL.

Arguments against a position and asking people to back up their position aren't "threats".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This is basically when posters get annoyed that people are arguing with them over a point and say without a hint of irony that this place is just an echo chamber. It’s why they rarely post, it’s easier to pretend your the victim than to stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You're threatened? By whom? Did you report the post? Where's the post containing the threat?

I highly doubt you'd answer that, like all your challenged posts, but we live in hope

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement