Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

he will be on trial in the senate for insurrection or some such. I'm not sure where his history of being a massive liar feeds into that.

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

He's being accused of certain things. Certain things he is denying. His accusers "know" he's lying about this. But they have to prove that.

Of course his entire litany of lies won't be the focus. But it plays into the proceedings that are underway.

Knowing that someone is lying about something means nothing really. Proving that they are a liar is the important part, if anything is to be done beyond the accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another big law suit against Trump's minions...

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1357389914116141061?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Would be gas if he ran as an independant in 2024 and got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Aw bless

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1357411918919700491?s=19

Not a joke letter... well intentionally anyway.

Petulant little ****.

Reminded me of a certain poster on here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

everlast75 wrote: »

Petulant little ****.
    Ah so that's why he earned the moniker ManBaby Trump :D

He really is a fukking idiot.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

duploelabs wrote: »
    Aw bless

People said the same last time, don't write anything off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He'd get about a million votes, straight out of the looney bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There's been quite a bit of water under the bridge since then don't you think? None of it which makes the thought of him being President again bit more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

And he has apparently rejected the opportunity to appear.

Tippex wrote: »
    And he has apparently rejected the opportunity to appear.

His lawyers are doing a good job restraining.

A bit more taunting by the dems during the week and we may have a change of mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Against a Democratic incumbent and also against a nominated GOP candidate. How?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Petulant little ****.

Classy as always.

Classy as always.

The "you aren't breaking up with me - I'm breaking up with you!" line...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Classy as always.
    The "you aren't breaking up with me - I'm breaking up with you!" line...

Yeah, nothing screams 'I don't care' like going to the effort of writing a letter to someone who is about to cut ties with you.

This one has officially drunk the kool aid...

https://twitter.com/PossiblyBanksy/status/1357411759351603201?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭briany

There must be a coffee table book to be made out of petty, vindictive written correspondence from Trump (excluding his tweets).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

God almighty himself could run as an Independent in the US and he wouldn't crack 20% of the vote.

GOP or DEM those are the choices, end of story.

• Advertisement

The last time? In 2020? When he got resoundly beaten, even with the backing of a major party? I'm still waiting for this silent majority, are the coming in the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

This one has officially drunk the kool aid...

https://twitter.com/PossiblyBanksy/status/1357411759351603201?s=19

This is a woman who wears a cross around her neck. Wonder what the evangelicals made of that genitalia grab. Come to think of it, if they are happy for The Donald to grab genitalia then they should be happy for Madeline to pretend to grab The Donald's genitalia. I note that she has small hands.

Against a Democratic incumbent and also against a nominated GOP candidate. How?
    Quin_Dub wrote: »
    God almighty himself could run as an Independent in the US and he wouldn't crack 20% of the vote.

GOP or DEM those are the choices, end of story.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    The last time? In 2020? When he got resoundly beaten, even with the backing of a major party? I'm still waiting for this silent majority, are the coming in the next couple of weeks?

Calm down boys its not likely to happen.

Calm down boys its not likely to happen.

So you're talking bollix then in your initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Just watched Marjorie Taylor Greenes speech yesterday and some of the comments she previously made.

I can only surmise that these people see an opportunity to profit from broadcasting mistruths. There is money to be made on the grift.

It's uncanny and shameless how far she rolled back yesterday.

Just watched Marjorie Taylor Greenes speech yesterday and some of the comments she previously made.

I can only surmise that these people see an opportunity to profit from broadcasting mistruths. There is money to be made on the grift.

There's a lot of money out there for these lunatics.

Hawley has raised record money since he started acting the a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

I can only surmise that these people see an opportunity to profit from broadcasting mistruths. There is mone to be made on the grift.

And today we have the Republican representative of the present and future!!

A complete conspiracy theory nutbag, fuelled by racist, ultra-religious, anti-science, pseudo (or full) fascist supporting and completely hypocritical and cult like rhetoric. A perfect fit for the Republican party!!

So vote for your Republican today.

And remember, when you vote Republican, you'll receive a free bible and a gun, because to keep America a true America, you either believe what the Bible tells you to believe, or we shoot you until you believe.

Jesus, Guns and the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Time magazine has an article basically admitting that Big tech, activist groups, media groups and democrats' all met up thinking Trump had a really strong chance of winning and so "conspired" to make sure Trump would not win, this included purposely changing voting laws, using left wing protestors strategically and banning certain voices online. It is shocking how Time are laying it all out and naming all those involved like it is a good thing. They frame it as protecting democracy but by reading it the impression I get is anything but. Free and fair election my ass.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Time magazine has an article basically admitting that Big tech, activist groups, media groups and democrats' all met up thinking Trump had a really strong chance of winning and so "conspired" to make sure Trump would not win, this included purposely changing voting laws, using left wing protestors strategically and banning certain voices online. It is shocking how Time are laying it all out and naming all those involved like it is a good thing. They frame it as protecting democracy but by reading it the impression I get is anything but. Free and fair election my ass.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

From the article:

Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy. The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted.

And:

For Trump and his allies were running their own campaign to spoil the election. The President spent months insisting that mail ballots were a Democratic plot and the election would be “rigged.” His henchmen at the state level sought to block their use, while his lawyers brought dozens of spurious suits to make it more difficult to vote–an intensification of the GOP’s legacy of suppressive tactics. Before the election, Trump plotted to block a legitimate vote count. And he spent the months following Nov. 3 trying to steal the election he’d lost–with lawsuits and conspiracy theories, pressure on state and local officials, and finally summoning his army of supporters to the Jan. 6 rally that ended in deadly violence at the Capitol.

And:

Bad actors spreading false information is nothing new. For decades, campaigns have grappled with everything from anonymous calls claiming the election has been rescheduled to fliers spreading nasty smears about candidates’ families. But Trump’s lies and conspiracy theories, the viral force of social media and the involvement of foreign meddlers made disinformation a broader, deeper threat to the 2020 vote.

And bipartisanship:

The 22 Democrats and 22 Republicans on the National Council on Election Integrity met on Zoom at least once a week.

Fair play to TIME. They laid out the bipartisan reasons and ways in which a dangerous authoritarian was prevented from destroying democracy in the US. Fair play to you for posting the article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement