Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

More Donald Trump “back to the future” news? It now appears that Elon Musk will buy Twitter for billions USD. Just pocket change for him. I bet that one of the first things that Musk does is to let the evil genie back out of the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He says he didn't really mean 'killers'

Well yeah, clearly what he meant was saboteurs.

This is not how people talk who are trying to Scooby Doo or Nancy Drew an election they think is being stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Super!

He became more popular when he ****ed off.

That'll drop away again, when his inane ramblings commence once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Every time I see mention of Matt Sap I'm reminded of this

The Biden/Harris van 🤣🤣

I appreciated he gave me a trigger warning before he used cisgendered pronouns, @Billy Mays, it let me know that the right cares more about this pronoun bollox than the left does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Donald may be dusting off his iPhone as we speak!

I look forward to seeing that Jeff guy reply first every single time to his tweets. Looks like the man never showered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭briany

There's a load of these characters hiding in the woodwork absolutely pulling the balls off themselves at the thought of Trump coming back to the fore, but they're much too cowardly to argue their position unless they think the winds are favouring them. That's the thing about these fashy types. They're like slugs after a bit of rain.

This guy. Every trump tweet this guy had the first reply with some smart arse reply. Reddit spammed him over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The evening talk show hosts will cheer. More material for tragicomedy laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The things that Trump cultists are obsessed with beggars belief.

Twitter and some guy on Twitter.

FFS 🤣

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Aside from anything else it will be months before Musk actually takes control to allow him to possibly make a decision to let Trump back on Twitter.

It's not like he's moving into to the Corner office in the morning.

Corporate takeovers for publicly traded companies take forever to conclude - Months of due diligence and paperwork and approvals required across multiple jurisdictions.

Musk probably won't have actual control for 6 months at least and most likely not before the mid-terms.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They hope it's a distraction from all the Sedition and contempt of court stuff.

It isn't , but that's what they hope.

Think that's less so him being the first person to have responded to him and more being the most favourited. 😊 Clearly this random guy has riled you though.

Ha

It'll bring me great joy to see Jeff back :)

All the "they're a private company, they can do what they like" are pooing their nappies tonight. :)

Not guaranteed the big man will be back yet, maybe Musk won't bring him back but there's a chance. I'm expecting to see in a few days/weeks headlines..."Twitter staff stage protest in response to Musk takeoever" or "Twitter staff are resigning in their droves in protest against the takeover by Elon Musk"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Haha this from the RTE reporting …

Meanwhile, former US President Donald Trump said he will not return to Twitter even if his account is reinstated following the platform's purchase by Mr Musk.

Mr Trump told Fox News that he will formally join his own TruthSocial startup over the next seven days, as planned.

"I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth," Mr Trump told Fox News.

"I hope Elon buys Twitter because he'll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth," Mr Trump added.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Even funnier that this is their new hero. But they don't actually care about free speech, we know that. They only want Donnie back on Twitter because they think it'll own the libs. Such a sad bunch.

They are a private business and I'm entirely fine with them letting Trump back on if they want. Probably a negative for revenue in long run though.

• Advertisement

They've always been a private company and could always do what they wanted - Nothing has really changed there , it'll just be a different set of choices.

Musk makes free use of the "block" feature when he doesn't like what people saying replying to his tweets , so it's not going to be a complete free-for-all.

From a purely business point of view it's hard to see how/where Musk plans to make money from his idea for the new Twitter.

Current shareholders are potentially getting a very nice lump sum , but I can't see how his plans make it more financially viable at all.

By removing the filters and allowing largely "unfettered" tweeting from whomever about whatever they want he's not exactly going to make the platform more attractive to advertisers.

He will find exactly the same kind of revenue generation problems that places like Gettr and Gab etc. have, albeit at an entirely different scale.

A company isn't going to want their brand on the same screen as some toxic cess-pit of a thread now are they?

Very few advertisers will bail-out right away as the user base is so significant right now , but depending on how toxic Musk allows the place to become under his management it could become a major money pit for him sooner than he might like.

I get that he has the deepest pockets around , but there will be a limit to his largesse.

I see only 3 longer term outcomes

1. Twitter withers on the vine due to dwindling users and advertisers and fades away like MySpace or something.
    2. Musk realises that he can't actually have a "Free speech" platform like he thinks and keeps/restores a lot of the moderation that's already there
    3. Or , Musk gets bored of his new toy and puts it back on the market in 18 months to two years.

My money is on 2. or 3. (or a combination of both)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They are still a private company and can still do as they want, not sure why anyone thinks people would be pooing themselves over that. He broke the rules and got taken off, it wasn’t a feee speech issue as him and his supporters liked to shout. It was a terms and conditions issue, he continually lied on it and they removed him, they can put him back on if they want as it’s their own business. They’ll be delighted to see his lies back as they get to believe things like stolen elections again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well sometimes its better to say nothing at all than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Here is just a snippet of the "critical thinking" spewed out on here over the last few weeks most of it by our resident takeover expert.

This is another Elon Musk "Pump and Dump" activity. Nothing more , nothing less.

No way this gets approved (either by the board or the SEC) so he buys a bunch of stock ,or already has and the price spikes in anticipation

Musk has already essentially said that he's not going to be buying it , it's a scam.

Musks offer is a non-starter and everybody knows it , well everybody accept all the gullible day traders that are going to be giving all their money to Musk over the next week or so before the stock drops back to "Pre-Musk" levels as he cashes out.

Musk isn't buying it , but he has opened the door to every other major tech company thinking about buying it.

The Twitter board/shareholders will reject the deal pretty much out of hand for a number of reasons.

Confirmed, Musk is just pump-and-dumping the stock:

If Trump is really back on Twitter before the year is out, I will pay 100 real moneybucks to a certain poster's charity of choice under the condition that they will do likewise if he's not.

I’ll throw another 100€ in myself

I would like to point out that this still isn't actually officially a "done deal" as it were, it probably is, but there are quite a few steps to get through first.

The board have accepted the offer but the shareholders still have to vote on it and the various regulatory bodies around the world have to approve it too.

I'm sure the threat of a potential Congressional investigation led by Jim Jordan if the deal wasn't accepted didn't help the decision making process either.

Also, Trump himself had said he isn't coming back and even if everything goes super smoothly, Musk won't actually be in control until almost the end of the year so that €100 very is still very much alive

You should probably take your own advice and hold off on the smug posts until the sale has been approved and completed.

Throw in the fact that he has a history of SEC fines for fraud and intends to use his Tesla shares and unsecured loans as part of his financing plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Oh Trump will be back on it. He'll be back in time to rally voters for the mid-terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Cody montana

How exactly? - Musk won't have control of Twitter before the mid-terms

A Corporate takeover like this, especially one where the company is being taken private typically takes at least 6 months from the time that the initial offer is accepted and potentially longer than that.

The press release says "The deal is expected to conclude in 2022" which means they hope to get it done before the end of the year , but they might not

Nothing to do with Musk, Twitter or Trump specifically - That's just how long this kind of thing takes no matter who is involved.

Trump himself has also said he's not going back on Twitter and that he'll be live on Truth Social (or Truth Central as he called it at his rally over the week-end) within 7 days.

Now , I wouldn't believe Trump if he told me water was wet , but let's see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

So when do the guys who kept saying he's just in it to pump and dump stock expect him to sell the company..lol FAIL.

Re:Trump... Only his derangement suffering haters believe this buy out was about Trump. Most functioning people have moved on from Donald Trump. One thing for sure , LibsofTik-Tok can keep doing what she's doing , which is exposing groomers and crt in the class rooms!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement