Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"is as I said in Tucker, "conservative voices are being silenced" - twice!!"

Excellent reference/username crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's funny how it's so wrong for the Right not to agree with the Left, but still allow the Left to have their stage. Yet the same ain't true in reverse. All we see now is a Leftist government and media silencing and hounding into submission anyone that dares to disagree with them.
    Trump had vast about of leftist media in White House press corps, and some Right News media. The WHite House Briefing room how is one big ..
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

What complete and utter rubbish. Dobbs has been let go because he wouldn't accept that his lies had placed his employer in legal jeopardy.

If you continued to do something similar you would be open to disciplinary action.

His theory has been completely debunked yet he continues to peddle it.

There are no press barred from the WH, just because they don't agree with Biden. Have you examples of this?

It is currently less combative that under Trump because a) Biden is new and getting positive things done, b) they are not waging a war against the press and calling them the enemy of the people c) Biden hasn't been caught in any big lies that the WH have attempted to blame the media for making up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

threeball wrote: »
    One thing this last 4yrs has shown is how dangerous social media like platforms like Facebook and especially twitter are. They give a platform to any simpleton to spread any message they so wish and elevate people who were little more than of minor comedic interest to positions of extreme power. There really should be a concerted effort in the US and Europe to severely curb these platforms over the next 4yrs.

i agree,

also, why can't they simply put a filter or delay on what is uploaded, that way the moderators can decide what is & isn't appropriate to show online, same for youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

fryup wrote: »
    i agree,

also, why can't they simply put a filter or delay on what is uploaded, that way the moderators can decide what is & isn't appropriate to show online, same for youtube

Who polices the police?

On the delay, its supposed to be like a conversion, happening in real time.

I do think that the likes of FB should bear some responsibility for content on their platforms. They simply take the money with no responsibility for anything.

If, say like Fox news, they can be sued for not dealing with clearly slanderous or unverified content then that would deal with the majority of the issues.

At the very least, it should be possible to verify someone's identity. Maybe not outwardly, but the company should be able to ensure that at the very least each user is actually a real person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Excellent reference/username crossover.

Thank you! Honestly did not notice it myself!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's funny how it's so wrong for the Right not to agree with the Left, but still allow the Left to have their stage. Yet the same ain't true in reverse. All we see now is a Leftist government and media silencing and hounding into submission anyone that dares to disagree with them.
    Trump had vast about of leftist media in White House press corps, and some Right News media. The WHite House Briefing room how is one big ..
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

You sound ridiculous.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see Biden is restricting Trumps access to intelligence briefings which is a good thing, he just couldnt be trusted with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I see Biden is restricting Trumps access to intelligence briefings which is a good thing, he just couldnt be trusted with them

He wasn't that interested in the security briefings when he was president. Actively tried to undermine the FBI. Proper order he is not given the privilege now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭threeball

Refreshing to watch the news without having it dominated by another scandal or latest gaff from that dumbass. It was like one long bad sitcom with a plot so off the wall you'd pull your hair out after 4yrs of it bombarding you non stop. Have barely heard a word about the states since Jan 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭briany

joe40 wrote: »
    He wasn't that interested in the security briefings when he was president. Actively tried to undermine the FBI. Proper order he is not given the privilege now.

I remember Trump claiming not to know much about QAnon (apart from that they liked him, which he said he appreciated), and not knowing about the Proud Boys as a backtrack from his 'stand back and stand by' comment at the debate.

Either he was lying about one or both of those, or he really didn't bother with intelligence briefings. Obviously, lying is bad as it undermines trustworthiness, but not bothering to keep abreast of political and social developments in your country is also bad as it is a dereliction of duty. Given the reports of Trump not starting work 'til 11 in the morning or the amount of golf he played, it doesn't really paint a picture of a president who was interested in really doing his job.

So, I think that Trump's access to intelligence briefings should certainly be curtailed, and the inevitable protestation at this would be more to do with a perceived snub from Biden than anything else. They obviously shouldn't be stopped altogether, though, because he would still need to be made aware of any potential threats to himself that have been assessed as serious by US intelligence and be protected accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    I'd say he's gonna hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭briany

everlast75 wrote: »

I read that she got fired because she used a photo of herself giving the finger to Trump on her social media accounts and word of that got back to her employer.

In any case, she supposedly flipped off the motorcade twice. Once going along the road, and once while stopped at the lights. I can well imagine Trump going mad in the car, seeing someone give him the finger directly to his face. He's not someone who tolerates open hostility and disrespect. He just cannot let that sh*t go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

All we see now is a Leftist government and media silencing and hounding into submission anyone that dares to disagree with them.

Thankfully, the only thing that is being silenced is disinformation. Don't worry though, I'm sure you can still get your fix from some crackpot on YouTube.

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    I'd say he's gonna hate that.

I'm sure she can tweet it she wanted to as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

briany wrote: »
    I read that she got fired because she used a photo of herself giving the finger to Trump on her social media accounts and word of that got back to her employer.

In any case, she supposedly flipped off the motorcade twice. Once going along the road, and once while stopped at the lights. I can well imagine Trump going mad in the car, seeing someone give him the finger directly to his face. He's not someone who tolerates open hostility and disrespect. He just cannot let that sh*t go.

Which is why people do it to him. and the great thing is that he's now empowering the people he tries to get revenge on, he's completely impotent to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,074 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »

And the right happily canceled her while publicly deriding that dastardly cancel culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

:confused: Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Overheal wrote: »
    And the right happily canceled her while publicly deriding that dastardly cancel culture.

She wasn't "canceled by the right". She used the photos in her profile on social media and it was considered to have breached the companies code of conduct policy. I don't have an issue with her flipping him off, but everyone knows putting stuff like that on your social media can get you into trouble with your employer.

• Advertisement

:confused: Where?

Imagination land most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

This is a longshot, but has anyone seen any footage or still images of the moments after Trump leaves the "Stop the Steal" rally?

I mean it in the context of him saying "we" will go to the Capitol and then he goes down to his car and is driven literally in the opposite direction back to the White House. In retrospect, there must be some interesting shots of this given what happened after. The money shot would be some Trumpettes with puzzled looks looking on as the convoy drives off in the wrong direction, flags drooping as it sinks in that sometimes the utterances of Donny shouldn't actually be taken literally:D

I think there is a pool of official photographers who are meant to be near the President at all official events (and this was brought in after Kennedy possibly?) so there should be something.

It wasn't the last lie he told them, but I think many of the goons must have actually expected him to be coming behind as they were strolling around the grounds of the Capitol building.

baaba maal wrote: »
    This is a longshot, but has anyone seen any footage or still images of the moments after Trump leaves the "Stop the Steal" rally?

I mean it in the context of him saying "we" will go to the Capitol and then he goes down to his car and is driven literally in the opposite direction back to the White House. In retrospect, there must be some interesting shots of this given what happened after. The money shot would be some Trumpettes with puzzled looks looking on as the convoy drives off in the wrong direction, flags drooping as it sinks in that sometimes the utterances of Donny shouldn't actually be taken literally:D

I think there is a pool of official photographers who are meant to be near the President at all official events (and this was brought in after Kennedy possibly?) so there should be something.

It wasn't the last lie he told them, but I think many of the goons must have actually expected him to be coming behind as they were strolling around the grounds of the Capitol building.

I think if Trump doesn't have the balls to testify, staffers who were in the WH while the riot was going on would confirm how he was reacting to the news of the riots.

Contemporary reporting was that he was pretty happy with it.

Couple that with the official response and pence having to call in support, putting aside any defence that "he didn't mean to incite violence"*, his inaction after the riot began is equally as egregious, and it shows that not only was he not surprised with the violence, he was happy with it.

*which is bollox

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Have barely heard a word about the states since Jan 21st.
    Which is generally a good sign. When American politics are front and centre on the world stage, it usually means bad news for either Americans, or some other nation, or both.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Apparently in 2017 they had to withdraw a covert agent from Moscow because they were afraid Trump would expose him

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/09/us-removed-covert-source-in-russia-due-to-safety-concerns-under-trump

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I like his dimplomacy.

"He might slip and say something" when he actually measn, "vengful ****er will sell them to the Russians for a golf course in Odessa."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Which is generally a good sign. When American politics are front and centre on the world stage, it usually means bad news for either Americans, or some other nation, or both.

Or TDS.

Biden could probably announce a war on China with less worldwide coverage than a mean tweet from Trump.

That said Biden isn’t Hilary. He has done one pretty good thing and stopped support for the war on Yemen. That should have been the major disgrace of Trump’s presidency but It wasn’t. Because of all the mean tweets.

Or TDS.

Biden could probably announce a war on China with less worldwide coverage than a mean tweet from Trump.

That said Biden isn’t Hilary. He has done one pretty good thing and stopped support for the war on Yemen. That should have been the major disgrace of Trump’s presidency but It wasn’t. Because of all the mean tweets.

Trump pumped American weapons in there. Foreign lives didn't matter, foreign money did. He'd nuke the rest of the world if the balance sheet fell in his favour. Hes responsible for 100s of 1000s of dead from his actions during his presidency but it wont cost him a second thought.

Trump pumped American weapons in there. Foreign lives didn't matter, foreign money did. He'd nuke the rest of the world if the balance sheet fell in his favour. Hes responsible for 100s of 1000s of dead from his actions during his presidency but it wont cost him a second thought.

There isn’t a president who isn’t responsible for multiple deaths. In any case Yemen and foreign policy under trump was either ignored or celebrated by people who would otherwise hate him.

• Advertisement

There isn’t a president who isn’t responsible for multiple deaths. In any case Yemen and foreign policy under trump was either ignored or celebrated by people who would otherwise hate him.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. People try to portray trump as a president who wanted no part in wars or didn't get involved in any. Whilst its true he didn't involve American troops in any new wars he certain was involved in keeping many wars going (record drone strikes throughout the ME) or supplying mountains of weapons to keep the shareholders of Lockheed and others happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement