Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

There isn’t a president who isn’t responsible for multiple deaths. In any case Yemen and foreign policy under trump was either ignored or celebrated by people who would otherwise hate him.

Trump vetoed resolutions from the House and the Senate to supply $8 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia and the UAE while they were hammering Yemen. He should be up for war crimes on that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There isn’t a president who isn’t responsible for multiple deaths. In any case Yemen and foreign policy under trump was either ignored or celebrated by people who would otherwise hate him.

Trump's administration stopped publishing deaths resulting from drone strikes so it wasn't ignored because those figures weren't issued

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's funny how it's so wrong for the Right not to agree with the Left, but still allow the Left to have their stage. Yet the same ain't true in reverse. All we see now is a Leftist government and media silencing and hounding into submission anyone that dares to disagree with them.
    Trump had vast about of leftist media in White House press corps, and some Right News media. The WHite House Briefing room how is one big ..
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

You mean anyone who dares to tell lies, stoke fear and incite violent insurrections .

And inciting violent insurrections makes baby Jesus cry.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I like his dimplomacy.

I know this was probably a typo but I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I like his dimplomacy.

"He might slip and say something" when he actually measn, "vengful ****er will sell them to the Russians for a golf course in Odessa."

If Biden were machiavellian he would allow Trump to have the intelligence briefings in the full knowledge the FBI would end up charging Trump for leaking state secrets in the next while, let him have them I say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭threeball

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If Biden were machiavellian he would allow Trump to have the intelligence briefings in the full knowledge the FBI would end up charging Trump for leaking state secrets in the next while, let him have them I say :pac:

Feed him false info and wait for some of it to surface somewhere which it inevitably will. Trump can't help himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,835 ✭✭✭✭briany

To be honest, there were people doing worse stuff than discharging a fire extinguisher at a cop, although that guy should still be prosecuted, but what I really want to see is the book being thrown at the people involved in beating that cop to death, ransacking the offices, injuring other cops, and being ringleaders in the riot/insurrection/failed coup.

Was Lauren Boebert's mother ever linked to the riot or was that woman in the pink hat just someone who looked really, really, really like her?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,085 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »
    To be honest, there were people doing worse stuff than discharging a fire extinguisher at a cop, although that guy should still be prosecuted, but what I really want to see is the book being thrown at the people involved in beating that cop to death, ransacking the offices, injuring other cops, and being ringleaders in the riot/insurrection/failed coup.

Was Lauren Boebert's mother ever linked to the riot or was that woman in the pink hat just someone who looked really, really, really like her?

I think you misunderstand what was "discharged" and how.

ca99b9a0-546e-11eb-97fe-2c0df57df530

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

She says no...

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1358785107151192065

• Advertisement

Well that's case closed then

Overheal wrote: »
    I think you misunderstand what was "discharged" and how.

ca99b9a0-546e-11eb-97fe-2c0df57df530

Hmm, it would appear so!

A new BBC 3 part documentary the called Trump Takes on the World will air on BBC2 on Wednesday at 9pm. Theresa May and other world leaders who dealt with Trump have taken part.
    With testimony from a who’s who of world leaders and senior US officials, it offers an unmediated reflection of Trump shorn of political hypocrisies.

It was not just May who found Trump unsettling: to European diplomatic observers, he seemed a “strange creature”. And he also triggered alarm among some American officials in the room with him, with one defence official noting that the president’s notoriously short attention span suggested a “squirrel careening through the traffic”.

On Putin
    Then, keen to raise the issue of Putin, May asked Trump if he had spoken to the Russian leader, which Trump denied. At that point, however, Trump’s chief of staff intervened to tell the president that Putin had actually called, but not been put through.

Hill takes up the story of the “toe-curling” outburst. “Trump at this point looks not orange but red. He flipped. Furious.” In front of May, he scolded his advisers in what Shannon recalled as “an unseemly moment”. “He said: ‘You’re telling me that Vladimir Putin called the White House and you’re only telling me now during this lunch?… Vladimir Putin is the only man in the world who can destroy the United States and I didn’t take his call’.

Will also include details of Trump bringing Aussie PM Turnbull and Emmanuel Macron into his bunker
    Like May, Turnbull had important issues on his mind, in this case steel tariffs. Taking his chance, Turnbull collared Trump, who was obsessing about something else. “Donald said: ‘Malcolm, do you want to see my SCIF? It is so cool.’ I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was talking about a boat [a skiff]. We turned around a corner and there was this big steel box about the size of a shipping container.”

Trump pulled Turnbull into what turned out to be a “sensitive compartmented information facility”, an ultra-secure communications hub, with the new French president, Emmanuel Macron, also in tow. “He said: ‘This is so cool – when you’re in there, nobody can hear you, not even the Chinese. It’s so secret.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/07/how-donald-trumps-hand-holding-led-to-panicky-call-home-by-theresa-may

Francois Hollande also says that Trump was asking him for advice on who to appoint to his cabinet. Sounds like it will be a good watch and at 3 x 1 hour episodes will contain quite a lot.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of docs come out about Trump's rise to power and 4 years in the Whitehouse, right throughout Biden's term. As for biopics, I think the heavy hitters of that world, such as Oliver Stone, are waiting to see when Trump's 'arc' has finished before going ahead.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of docs come out about Trump's rise to power and 4 years in the Whitehouse, right throughout Biden's term. As for biopics, I think the heavy hitters of that world, such as Oliver Stone, are waiting to see when Trump's 'arc' has finished before going ahead.

The BBC doc being shown Wednesday is by a heavy hitter of the documentary world called Norma Percy. She won an Emmy for her 5 part documentary on Watergate and also won a BAFTA for her one on Yugoslavia. She also did Inside Obamas White House. Her docs are known for getting interviews with all the main players in a way that others cant

I would put absolutely no faith in an objective even view coming from Oliver Stone given his recent views

They guy is a complete drain on everyone and everything...

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1358879126531289088?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »
    They guy is a complete drain on everyone and everything...

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1358879126531289088?s=19

Almost half a billion dollars to secure their parliament for a few months, its incredible really.

For the 25,000 National Guards called up to do it Id guess they made some nice cash from it, they'll be thanking Trump for the easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Significant story here given the pardons Trump has issued.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1358923264697991173

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

His State charges were listed when he was prosecuted for the Federal charges so they ruled that he can't be convicted twice for double jeopardy.

Doesn't apply to Steve Bannon so his pardon won't save him against State charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That was double jeopardy. I don't think that applies to very many others who were pardoned by Trump.

Happy impeachment day 2 folks!!!

People are arguing whether he incited a riot or not, when he should be convicted for that extortion call to Georgia at the very least.

Happy impeachment day 2 folks!!!

People are arguing whether he incited a riot or not, when he should be convicted for that extortion call to Georgia at the very least.

Georgia Secretary of State is formally investigating that call I think I read somewhere yesterday. Wouldn't expect that that would automatically suggest he'll be convicted mind.

Georgia Secretary of State is formally investigating that call I think I read somewhere yesterday. Wouldn't expect that that would automatically suggest he'll be convicted mind.

Sorry, I meant by the Senate. Poor choice of words on my part :o

Saying goodbye to Lou, in the only way that's appropriate..

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1358936400213643265?s=19

What's the betting that the focus on all Republican contributions throughout the senate trial will be that it is unconstitutional to impeach a removed President.
    They can pin use this to both profess their undying faith in the Constitution of the United States of America, and to absolve them from not voting to impeach.

And once he is voted to not be impeached with this logic, his supporters and media will use it to say that he has been absolved entirely.

There's something depressingly inevitable about it.

This is one for the 'Both sides are as bad as each other' advocates.

Genuinely vomit inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Aw at least when Melania leaves him, he'll have someone to run to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

What's the betting that the focus on all Republican contributions throughout the senate trial will be that it is unconstitutional to impeach a removed President.
    They can pin use this to both profess their undying faith in the Constitution of the United States of America, and to absolve them from not voting to impeach.

And once he is voted to not be impeached with this logic, his supporters and media will use it to say that he has been absolved entirely.

There's something depressingly inevitable about it.

Or seeing as his supporters believe the real swearing in date is some time in March then he is technically a sitting president and can be impeached! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement