Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

What stupid fucking drivel. 🙄

And you wonder why nobody at all is taking you even remotely seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm reminded of Jones in his trial.

He is told that he is not bankrupt.

He says he believes he is.

The judge says (words to the effect) - I don't care what you believe, you are not.

Facts really, really don't matter anymore. It is all complete and utter bullshit and his followers think that everyone does it, therefore it is okay, when they should be thinking "why is there a need to make stuff up? I mean, if we are right about this, why the incessant lies?"

But I guess Trump has conditioned them into accepting that it doesn't matter what the facts are, just say what you need to rationalise what you want to say or do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They claimed to be "the voice of reason" yesterday. I LOL'd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

I have been reading the last couple of days posts and I find them all to be a mixture of bizarre and deluded wishful prophesying.

i would love to meet you all in person, who are you? Are ye Irish? What age,sex, occupation. Who are you?

two points

One - until trump is actually charged, prosecuted and found guilty with an offence, he is innocent. that is a corner stone of the Irish justice system too. What don’t you get about this?

Two - trump even if guilty will never be prosecuted on anything, this is simple fact. The optics on this terrible, this action will see trump re elected. You are cheering the very thing that is going to get re-elected a man you want to see in jail. The demmies and people like you by raging against trump , you are keeping him relevant . Why can’t you see this?

or may be you do and you need trump as much as you hate trump

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think the Judge said it well to Jones, she said "Just because you believe it doesn't make it true"

And that's the crux of the problem. People think that just because they "feel" a certain way that their feelings validate their opinions and turn them into facts.

And no amount of factual counter evidence can shift them because their "feelings" are the only thing that matters..

1) ignore facts

2) rubbish other person's opinions

3) attack the poster

4) say that even if what we are saying is true, he won't be charged.

5) Blame trump's popularity on "demmies"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I don't accept that it's hatred. Nature abhors a vacuum. That vacuum is filled with those pointing out the second hand embarrassment supporters of Trump should be feeling or, at a minimum, acknowledging about their guy and his flaws. Pointing this out is not hatred and the wilful blindness to his flaws leaves one scratching their heads. It's not unreasonable to accept that the leader of your political affiliation will have critics and detractors and the reasons for such criticism would be understood. It's like a Republican in the 80's supporting Reagan but accepting he was continually lampooned as a geriatric. Or Bush Jr being mocked as not the brightest but still supported regardless. There was a kernel of validity to such mockery in the same way that the lampooning of Biden has. You could strongly disagree with their politics, you could take a dislike to their personality but they never conducted themselves in such an egregious way in crapping all over basic norms. It has fostered this deranged and cult like devotion and defence which Trump has cultivated and egged on. The politics has become so zealous that even a modicum of reasonable criticism of Trump now means you hate America. I mean where can you even go from there, the horse has bolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Absolutely, Trump has not been charged with anything and thus is entitled to the presumption of innocence. That is somewhat lessened by the fact that we know that he took classified documents illegally from the WH. So he is guilty of that charge. What he may, or may not, be guilty of is not returning all the documents or not informing the officials that he had other documents.

Do you agree that he was guilty in the first instance?

The second issue is one that Trump himself built his entire political career out of. He labelled HC guilty without any charges, never mind prosecution. And his supporters lapped it up. Is he, and they, now willing to accept, and apologise to HC and Brandon Biden for denying them the presumption of innocence?

As for the electoral gain from this, I really struggle to see it. Absolutely this will drive his supporters wild and ensure they vote for him, but that was a given. It is clear that nothing will divert them from their support for Trump. No new votes there. Will it win over any undecided or previous Biden supporters? I wouldn't see that. It is hardly a good line to now be running on the basis that he is under FBI investigation and pleading the 5th in tax fraud cases. Now when he tries to hit the character of anyone running against him they simply have to ask him how he is getting on with the FBI investigation and why he pleased the 5th.

Post edited by Leroy42 on

Pleading the fifth over 440 times.

Imagine how that looks to a jury. Even Ivanka and Donny Jnr answered some questions.

My prediction is the NY AG has the goods on him and a guilty verdict is a lock in.

I also would be very surprised if there's no there there with these docs.

He has the Fulton County issue to deal with, and the fall out of Jan 6th.

Plenty of legal woes for a man who is completely innocent lol

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Election point is well made.

There isn't a single person who wouldn't have already voted for Trump (or the GOP candidate by default) that suddenly decided on the basis of the search of Mar a Lago - "Do you know what , I'm not going to vote Democrat anymore , I'm voting for Trump!!"

At best it might add a little bit to the turn out , but given any Election involving Trump is over 2 years away , it won't.

And , the flip side to that is that all this news about Trump just means that Voter turn out on the other side will be maximised to try to make sure he doesn't get in.

This really will have zero impact on an election 2+ years away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

I love it. He is innocent till found guilty but also can't be charged even if guilty since his cult will revolt so no matter if he is innocent or guilty we have to consider him innocent since he can't be charged.

Stupid logic. The people on this forum are not the criminal justice system and can make up their own minds about a case. I can't believe I have to see that terrible argument everytime someone wants to defend a rapist or right wing politician.

Trump is still innocent until proven guilty , there is no info coming from the AG and the FBI and that in itself is bad optics.

trump has just galvanised his base and did not have to lift a finger

sometimes the easiest solution is the best solution, the jan 6 hearings and all investigations into trump should have been suspended until after 2024 presidential election was decided. If trump was just ignored I doubt he would even be the republicans candidate, the party wants to move on.

its either very bad planning or it’s playing politics to go after trump now. Either way it means trump will not spend a day on jail, if they had waited until after 2024 the jan 6 hearings and the FBI investigation would have a lot more Republican Party backing.

The first point, there is precedent, but yep until tried he has the presumption of innocent.

As for your prediction, it may work out like your predictions that the Russians would have rolled over the Ukraine by May in their justified invasion.

if they had waited until after 2024 the jan 6 hearings and the FBI investigation would have a lot more Republican Party backing.

there is no way you actually believe that

you are the one defending bill and Hillary Clinton.

100% and if you don’t get that It’s all the one

not all republicans want trump , many want to be the next president. Many hate the man and will gladly back the hearings and fbi investigations but only if they look independent and have real concrete evidence

think about it logically. Step back and think about it.

democrats and republicans are all the same, they both have fringe parts who wield no real power within the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why would a law enforcement agency release anything on an ongoing investigation? If anything, trump can release the search warrent to attest that they took nothing or were looking for nothing, and thus prove his innocence, but he hasn't. Funny that

you honestly think that the current GOP would honestly investigate Jan 6th? I have a bridge to sell you.

So why did they block impeachment proceedings for January 6th before he left Office - Which was the best time to do it , if as you say a lot of them want rid of him?

This is the same GOP that are promising to hold their own January 6th hearings if they take the House this year so that they can find Nancy Pelosi guilty?

A hearing that would be chaired by Jim Jordan , who ignored the students under his responsibility when they came to him about being sexually abused by another staff member?

That GOP? That's the party you think care about the rule of law?

Those guys?

Delusional doesn't even begin to get close to describing your thinking..

fbi - The FBI director and Judge who approved the warrant are republican.

Jan 6th - ALL of the witnesses were republican. The chairperson is republican.

But they are all RINOs eh? Delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

In the excitement of the last few days of Trumpworld.

I missed this. The man is an absolute scumbag. From demeaning POWs and Gold Star families one would think that he might have learned to at least moderate his comments. But no, Donny the prick doubles down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

Please don't lie about what I said if you can't argue against my points. If Bill gets the cell next to Trump I will be perfectly fine with that.

Of course this is the Trrump thread. Any actual defense of the man. Do you think he should be above the law?

Another story which broke way back when, was denied furiously and then later was proven to be true.

His whole tenure is full of them.

Lies, lies and more lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tooka, I asked you a very simple and straightforward question. That you failed to answer it, much like Trump himself I suppose, tells me all I need to know.

I don't get this whole line about his support. Apparently, the reason the GOP couldn't move on from Trump was that his support was so galvanised. Do you think that there is sizeable amounts of Trump supporters that simply didn't bother voting in 2020 and that this action will somehow trigger them to get out and vote?

The solution to you is that where crimes are suspected of having taken place, all investigations should be put on hold until such time as Trump has completed his political career. What if he loses in 2024, should the investigations be put back until after 2028? Should this be an avenue open to everyone? Do they simply have to claim they may run for some political office to postpone any investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I found the dumbest post of the entire week move over Marjorie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement