Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

so the impeachment managers seen what was happening with the Republican's not being engaged so kept it until the end.
    It is hilarious what is going on.
    This could well be an implosion for the Republican's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

everlast75 wrote: »

Can you explain what’s going on?

I thought he was being impeached for incitement...

• Advertisement

Can you explain what’s going on?

I thought he was being impeached for incitement...

They have voted to call witnesses.

everything to do with witnesses now is a simple majority now so either side needs just 51 votes

Tippex wrote: »
    They have voted to call witnesses.

Okay, so this might actually look a little less like a kangaroo court then. Will they let Trump’s team call witnesses too I wonder or will they vote to remove that right also?

A dangerous precedent could be set here if the impeachment passes, they are effectively tearing up the constitution to satisfy the democrats blood lust. Scary.

This is how the democrats want to bring the country together, by turning it into China.

Okay, so this might actually look a little less like a kangaroo court then. Will they let Trump’s team call witnesses too I wonder or will they vote to remove that right also?

A dangerous precedent could be set here if the impeachment passes, they are effectively tearing up the constitution to satisfy the democrats blood lust. Scary.

This is how the democrats want to bring the country together, by turning it into China.

My eyes rolled so far back I nearly blacked out...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The f*** are you talking about?

Did you just paraphrase Sean Hannity or something or do you want to explain your logic in how you think this is either a Kangaroo court or a dangerous precedent.

Republicans didn't give a toss about unity for the last 4 years, why should anyone bend over for them now in order to protect the monster they adopted and fed until they couldn't control it anymore.

• Advertisement

That's actually exactly what Republicans are doing, you must have mistyped.

A7PWxG9.png

Trumps defense always had the right to call witnesses throughout the process (They never did, it was the impeachment managers that have decided to bring witnesses into it based on https://twitter.com/HerreraBeutler/status/1360419828721401856). It wasn't necessarily a kangaroo court especially when you consider that Republicans did not engage with the evidence and said they would vote to acquit before the trial had even began.

Constitutional lawyers have all ascertained it is constitutionally sound for the impeachment to go ahead. A lot of impeachment's int the past have been when the person being impeached has been out of office or no longer in their role.

I find it hilarious that the same party screaming blue murder about this being unconstitutional brought impeachment proceedings against a president for getting a blow job.

The f*** are you talking about?

Did you just paraphrase Sean Hannity or something or do you want to explain your logic in how you think this is either a Kangaroo court or a dangerous precedent.

Republicans didn't give a toss about unity for the last 4 years, why should anyone bend over for them now in order to protect the monster they adopted and fed until they couldn't control it anymore.
    I watched the actual impeachment not taking points on CNN.

Trump’s team appear to be the only sane people participating.

so you sat through all of the impeachments manager's 16 hours of evidence and the following 4 hours of trumps defence?

What do you say about the republican's who did not engage during the evidence?
    Is that doing their jobs?

Disingenuous or delusional

so you sat through all of the impeachments manager's 16 hours of evidence and the following 4 hours of trumps defence?

What do you say about the republican's who did not engage during the evidence?
    Is that doing their jobs?

I watched most of it. Trump’s defence is compelling.

Did you forget all the shenanigans of the democrats for the past 4 years? These proceedings deserve zero respect.

Disingenuous or delusional

Thanks for finally admitting it.

I have had CSPAN plying on a second monitor every day as I work since the morning of the 6th of January and haven't watched a single second of a CNN broadcast.

If you think Trump's team are the only sane people participating, why have so many quit, including one on Thursday night who had be be begged back by Trump and why was the Senate laughing at the ridiculousness of Veen's pleading antics today?

Thanks for finally admitting it.

We've reached the

"I know you are, but what am I?"

level.

I have had CSPAN plying on a second monitor every day as I work since the morning of the 6th of January and haven't watched a single second of a CNN broadcast.

If you think Trump's team are the only sane people participating, why have so many quit, including one on Thursday night who had be be begged back by Trump and why was the Senate laughing at the ridiculousness of Veen's pleading antics today?

How does any of this prove Trump incited the violence?

• Advertisement

We've reached the

"I know you are, but what am I?"

level.

Calling me delusional is not contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

:D:D:D

You guys crack me up!

Dems always fail to finish someone off.

They need to be as lethal as the Reps

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1360638371521916928?s=19

Did you forget all the shenanigans of the democrats for the past 4 years? These proceedings deserve zero respect.

Trumps Defence Team

https://twitter.com/patkiernan/status/1360616097326616576

Completely and utterly out of his depth, and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trumps Defence Team

I know we joked about it but trump actually hired lionel hutz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trumps Defence Team

Kind of fitting that he's turned the defence into a total car crash.

Quit with the whataboutery you never answered about the lack of engagement during the evidence.

Trumps Defence Team

So you are ridiculing his lawyer. That’s constructive.

The only charge is that Trump incited violence. Anything else is superfluous.

What’s under attack is the constitution.

The democrats have highlighted their extreme hypocrisy.

Quit with the whataboutery you never answered about the lack of engagement during the evidence.

Evidence of what? Incitement? They have none. This is a hit job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Evidence of what? Incitement? They have none. This is a hit job.

Was the election stolen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement