Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Evidence of what? Incitement? They have none. This is a hit job.

They provided loads of evidence. So much, that Trumps main line of defence is not that he didn't but that others have done the same.

And a hit job by whom? This impeachment was a cross party vote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump's defence team have called Nancy Pelosi as a witness for the defence, it an......interesting tactic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So you are ridiculing his lawyer. That’s constructive.

The only charge is that Trump incited violence. Anything else is superfluous.

What’s under attack is the constitution.

The democrats have highlighted their extreme hypocrisy.

I'm correctly pointing out that it appears, based on his own market focus, that he has no significant experience in debating constitutional cases or on the responsibilities of the office of the President. How is that ridiculing? How is anything on an Irish discussion forum on this topic required to be constructive? And what would that look like?

What was under the attack was the Capitol, at Trumps behest. Quit talking about the constitution, that question was resolved on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hit job - check

China - check

Just waiting for "Witch hunt" next...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I'm correctly pointing out that it appears, based on his own market focus, that he has no significant experience in debating constitutional cases or on the responsibilities of the office of the President. How is that ridiculing? How is anything on an Irish discussion forum on this topic required to be constructive? And what would that look like?

What was under the attack was the Capitol, at Trumps behest. Quit talking about the constitution, that question was resolved on Tuesday.

So the qualifications of the lawyer prove guilt? Trump’s loaded I’m sure his lawyers will do just fine.

They impeached him on charges of incitement. I’ve seen zero proof of it.

They actually suggested at one point the onus was on him to prove innocence. You couldn’t make this up.

• Advertisement

The constitution can’t just be ignored sorry.

Due process? Move on the dems voted to ignore it. Utter sham. Embarrassing.

They actually suggested at one point the onus was on him to prove innocence. You couldn’t make this up.

Who said this and when was it said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

So the qualifications of the lawyer prove guilt? Trump’s loaded I’m sure he’s lawyers will do just fine.

No, they said that there is an inferance in a civil trial that an accuser can say things and without the defendant there to say no that is not true it can be claimed to be true as with all civil trials.

So the qualifications of the lawyer prove guilt? Trump’s loaded I’m sure he’s lawyers will do just fine.

Are you going to make any point which is based on reality?

He's had massive trouble getting lawyers to represent him.
    Allies of the outgoing president have been canvassing Washington’s legal landscape looking for representation but so far are coming up short. Lawyers who defended him in the previous impeachment trial, including Jay Sekulow and White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, have said no this time, according to people familiar with the matter.

As for him being loaded? Lol.

All you are doing here is showing, as the others before you that your support for Trump is more akin to being a cult member than as a consequence of any objective reality.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hit job - check

China - check

Just waiting for "Witch hunt" next...

Buttery males in 5 4 3 2....

• Advertisement

No, they said that there is an inferance in a civil trial that an accuser can say things and without the defendant there to say no that is not true it can be claimed to be true as with all civil trials.

If that is what was actually said then it's good to know that I can ignore stefanovich as he has no idea what he is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

duploelabs wrote: »
    Buttery males in 5 4 3 2....

Rubio mentioned Hillary (yest I believe)

What part specifically is being ignored?

You claimed the constitution is being ripped up, why? So far I have not seen anything unconstitutional happen...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was there a riot at The Capitol?
    Why did that happen?
    Was anyone in particular responsible for trying to convince the rioters that something was being stolen from them and that they needed to fight for it?
    Was anyone who happened to have the power to tell the rioters to stop what they were doing not doing so during the riot and was instead encouraging the rioters and telling them how proud they were of the rioters or that the people being rioted against were getting what they deserved for not doing what that person wanted?

If that is what was actually said then it's good to know that I can ignore stefanovich as he has no idea what he is talking about.

That is what was literally said. This is a civil proceeding and not a criminal trial, but Donnie's lawyers at times would have you believe that this was criminal in their defense of him.

The burdon of proof is lower in cival proceedings vs criminal.

Who said this and when was it said?
    Jamie Raskin and I think it was during q and a.

Can you cite?

robinph wrote: »
    Was there a riot at The Capitol?
    Why did that happen?
    Was anyone in particular responsible for trying to convince the rioters that something was being stolen from them and that they needed to fight for it?
    Was anyone who happened to have the power to tell the rioters to stop what they were doing not doing so during the riot and was instead encouraging the rioters and telling them how proud they were of the rioters or that the people being rioted against were getting what they deserved for not doing what that person wanted?

The dems extracted 2 clips of him saying fight out of a speech where he said fight 20 times. If you watch in context it’s evident what he meant.

Trumps team then proceeded to play clips of democrats using the word fight including some of the managers.

Can't find any source on that one chief. If he actually said that you would think it would be on all of the right-wing forums as they would eat it up.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can you cite?

Let me try to find it.

Oh and another interesting anomaly? Leahy, the most partisan dem ever presiding. It’s like allowing the prosecution to be the judge.

Can't find any source on that one chief. If he actually said that you would think it would be on all of the right-wing forums as they would eat it up.

Try a search engine that is not google perhaps.

The dems extracted 2 clips of him saying fight out of a speech where he said fight 20 times. If you watch in context it’s evident what he meant.

Trumps team then proceeded to play clips of democrats using the word fight including some of the managers.

It doesn't matter what you think he meant, it only matters what those there did based on his words.

And there is loads of evidence of them claiming they were doing what Trump asked them to.

Let me try to find it.

Oh and another interesting anomaly? Leahy, the most partisan dem ever presiding. It’s like allowing the prosecution to be the judge.

pknkYKe.png?1

Try a search engine that is not google perhaps.

What? You said you couldn't find it either. :rolleyes:

Stefanovich... It would be much appreciated if you would answer this. Was the election stolen?

Trump is going to be acquitted today.
    Was always going to happen but the Senate voting to hear witnesses and then not doing so is going to be used against Democrats for a long long time.

What? You said you couldn't find it either. :rolleyes:

I’m not your researcher and I hadn’t even looked yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

You cannot say to watch in context and ignore the lack of context in the video that the defense used that was literally just clips of people saying fight or fight like hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement