Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What was the incitment????

A fcuking stolen election.

The closing argument for the defence is the same as the defence itself.

Utterly transparent bullsh1t.

Lies upon lies.

The Republicans don't give 2 sh1ts and will acquit.

The only positive thing from this is that he will end up destroying them all. That's his only talent.

PS - Schumer has to go. The Dems have the majority in the House AND Senate and still are bullied by McConnell. Get someone with teeth in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I agree with him on that point, why the fcuk have the Dems not used the tapes with regards the finding of the votes in Georgia here and now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »

Lies upon lies.

The only positive thing from this is that he will end up destroying them all. That's his only talent.

PS - Schumer has to go. The Dems have the majority in the House AND Senate and still are bullied by McConnell. Get someone with teeth in there.

Considering AOC is due to run for his seat, I wouldn't say that's too far off

everlast75 wrote: »

Lies upon lies.

I'm forgetting everything before your PS.. I think this is the issue that as an Irish citizen looking in on their sh!t is the real problem. I haven't been a one for looking into the US internal politics, but it is shocking how easy what I see as the "right" easy it is to heal the left to their thinking along the lines of "healing".

Its mind boggling.

The left in the US need some serious teeth, it will kill this bull pretty easy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any predictions on the vote? Ive got money on with Paddy Power for 55-59 so hoping that the 5th Republican comes through for me, c'mon the honest Republicans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any predictions on the vote? Ive got money on with Paddy Power for 55-59 so hoping that the 5th Republican comes through for me, c'mon the honest Republicans!

Say good luck to that money.

Ain't no way to get to 55-59 with only 100 voting.

Looking in on this, for my stupidity I see how dangerous this is setting for the US moving forward, leaving aside my serious dislike/hate for donnie, this is setting a serious persedent moving forward for both parties.

I've spoke of things been broken and then been used by the other side, this I fear is what the GOP is not seeing in the long run.. it's all wrong, dem/gop... What happened on the 6th of the first is wrong, no ifs or buts.

The Republican party have one of the biggest choices to make in their history.

They can purge Trump from the republican party by convicting him.

If they don't Donald J Trump will be the Republican front runner for president in 2024.

If you think this is even close to being still on the table, you haven't been paying any attention to what has gone on since the election.

What do you think Rep McCarthy was doing visiting him in Mar-a-Lago 2 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Say good luck to that money.

Ain't no way to get to 55-59 with only 100 voting.

No between 55-59 votes for guilty, it was 57 to 43 so Ive won the bet, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What stunt will the Democrats attempt next to dance on Trumps political grave ?

They wasted a week of the Senates time on their failed witch hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A full criminal trial in a proper court, looking forward to it.

Trump was never going to be convicted. Everyone knew that. This was about making Republicans pin their support to someone who incited insurrection. Which they duly did.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A full criminal trial in a proper court, looking forward to it.

Plus hopefully the families of the people who died that day drag Trump through the civil courts and clean him out for every last cent.

Trump was never going to be convicted. Everyone knew that. This was about making Republicans pin their support to someone who incited insurrection. Which they duly did.

But he didnt incite insurrection, the trial found him not guilty.

A criminal court will not find him guilty of insurrection, most legal people have said that.

No, his friends and supporters who were on the jury found him "not guilty"

Bunch of spineless cowards.

And in true republican way, dodge what was asked before and profess your own idea to be true.

Not true. The trial voted not to impeach him for doing so.
    Most of the people who voted, agreed that he had incited insurrection.
    That's indisputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Time for the world to move on

No, his friends and supporters who were on the jury found him "not guilty"

Bunch of spineless cowards.

On the flip side you could say that his political enemies found him guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

State level civil and criminal suits on all manner of topics and a couple of private ones from the voting tech people that would, if successful, leave him in a cardboard box in one the less salubrious Miami districts.

Who knows where they will all go, it'll probably take years, but we can be certain that Donald John Trump will know no peace in his remaining years. His existence will be a an unending circle of paranoia, persecution and torment. Ain't it cool?

• Advertisement

Pretty clear from Schumers speech that they are not going to proceed with calling that he be barred from contesting public office again even though it would only need a simple majority for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A criminal court will not find him guilty of insurrection, most legal people have said that.

Links to these quotes from "most legal people"?

Jesus Christ, McConnels opening sentence blamed Trump for what happened on the 6th, after he had just voted that he had not done so.

'President Trump is practically and morally responsible for what happened on that day'

And he voted not to impeach.

On the flip side you could say that his political enemies found him guilty.

You could say that, if you were blind and biased towards his guilt .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Spineless McConnell is at it already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I'm sitting listening to this, it seems there is a plot twist from what was reported this man would vote.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Spineless McConnell is at it already

He is a complete weasel.

I'm sitting listening to this, it seems there is a plot twist from what was reported this man would vote.

No. He said yesterday he was going to vote to acquit.
    He then voted to acquit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

McConnell is playing the "I think he did it, but I don't think the trial is constitutional" card, and so he voted to acquit. Coward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement