Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

No. He said yesterday he was going to vote to acquit.
    He then voted to acquit.

Have I missed the vote? Ffs...

Ah, now I am hearing the about turn..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

McConnell votes to acquit and proceeds to stand up and make a speech blaming Trump directly for the insurrection.
    He has absolutely no honour.
    Disgraceful stuff.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

But he didnt incite insurrection, the trial found him not guilty.

A criminal court will not find him guilty of insurrection, most legal people have said that.

By your logic, Bill Clinton actually didn’t have sexual relations with that woman.

Y'all here the strict "criminal" case to convict him.. this is not a criminal case, it's a civil case were the level of proof is less then criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,285 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If the situation this week where Cruz et al, as de facto jurors, were able to guide and direct the Trump defence team, blatantly and disgracefully, is allowed to stand, then the US Constitution has a very serious issue on its hands.

Perhaps the impeachment trials of Presidents and Judges and Senators, when they occur, should be presided over by a grand jury of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Call me Al wrote: »
    McConnell votes to acquit and proceeds to stand up and make a speech blaming Trump directly for the insurrection.
    Disgraceful stuff.

It's almost like he has no morals. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Great to see that justice has prevailed in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,285 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its not the end. It won't ever be the end in Trump's lifetime. He has shat all over the Constitution and the Presidency, allegedly abused power, coerced and betrayed the Country and people at every turn. His personal conduct has seen to it that he shall never know peace again.

Are they turning back to the "January immunity" stuff here with his bullsh!t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,922 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's great isn't it,I'm sure the usual posters will take it well on here lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Call me Al wrote: »
    Disgraceful stuff.

Claiming it's unconstitutional on the basis of the timing he engineered, too.

Even for the rotten GOP he's uniquely grotesque.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its not the end. It won't ever be the end in Trump's lifetime. He has shat all over the Constitution and the Presidency, allegedly abused power, coerced and betrayed the Country and people at every turn. His personal conduct has seen to it that he shall never know peace again.

It's the end of him being impeached.

Everything else that you've mentioned is just pure speculation so we'll just have to wait and see if he is actually convicted for anything that you have accused him of.

Innocent until proven guilty right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Welcome back, where were you guys all week?

McConnell managed to piss off both the Democrats and Trump in one speech.

That takes some effort, in fairness.

It's the end of him being impeached.

Everything else that you've mentioned is just pure speculation so we'll just have to wait and see if he is actually convicted for anything that you have accused him of.

Innocent until proven guilty right?

Mitch McConnell doesn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,811 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Donald Trump will be the 47th President of the United States, mark my words. The chance was there to stop it. The chance is gone.

They must hate justice being done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Y'all here the strict "criminal" case to convict him.. this is not a criminal case, it's a civil case were the level of proof is less then criminal.

That's true but doesn't take the charges into account. The charges regarding Georgia would be quite specific and the evidence pretty much bang to rights. He also wouldn't have co conspirators on the jury.

Unlikely it will happen I'd imagine, but the usual civil vs criminal distinction is mitigated here.

Stickin' it to the libs again, huh?

Donald Trump will be the 47th President of the United States

No chance. McConnell made it clear what he thinks. Republicans are still gonna be Republicans.

If Trump runs in 2024, he may get 10M+ votes, but he'll be taking whatever he gets from the Republican candidate.

Niki Haley started yesterday, watch the likely Republican candidates in 2024, including Pence, start to attempt to weaken him further.

If he is intent on running, it is good news for Democrats.

• Advertisement

Welcome back, where were you guys all week?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Why do you want to know where I was?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Why do you want to know where I was?

Because you seemed to be hiding until it was clear Trump was going to be acquitted.

What did you think of McConnells words?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

duploelabs wrote: »
    When you make a proclamation, you cite where you read it, that's what's done round here as it's a forum of facts not rhetoric and conjecture. If you want the latter you can head off to the conspiracy forums, you'll find more of your like voices there

I watched it live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Donald Trump will be the 47th President of the United States, mark my words. The chance was there to stop it. The chance is gone.

Not a hope, he is a spent force and will spend the rest of his days fighting court cases and trying to hold onto his money.

Because you seemed to be hiding until it was clear Trump was going to be acquitted.

What did you think of McConnells words?

Why would I be hiding?

I haven't heard his words so I can't comment on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I’d say he won’t run again. It’ll be one of his children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Good man Kermit, you're finally coming round. We'll have you wearing a MAGA hat yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Aidric wrote: »
    It's almost like he has no morals. :rolleyes:

Who'd have thunk it?

At least when he stands trial in Georgia, he will do so in front of a Jury instead of a bunch of self interested politicians

The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people. And they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government
    Mitch McConnell - January 19th
    Not guilty.
    Mitch McConnell - February 13th
    There is no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day. No question about it.
    Mitch McConnell - February 13th, a few minutes later.

Classic Mitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Claiming it's unconstitutional on the basis of the timing he engineered, too.

Even for the rotten GOP he's uniquely grotesque.

Precisely!
    He himself decided that the Senate wasn't going to reconvene until 19/01.

I actually think in many ways he's worse than the Tubervilles or Grahams on this world. At least they're upfront with their naked support of trump. McConnell stands for nothing but empty rhetoric.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement