Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What a ridiculous question.

If Donald Trump had been around before the civil war, I have no doubt but that he would have utilized them in every way he could.

What do you think?

Well the republicans freed the slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

You understand that the dems are trying to implement 1984 right?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If it was your daughter, what would your thoughts be?

Well its his granddaughter so....

Whats your thoughts?

Yip, that's how badly I rate the idiot.

I think you’ve proven yourself incapable of judging anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sounds like McConnell is happy to let the police deal with Donny

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1360703253533630464?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Number of posts deleted

We have a separate thread for Biden, this one's for Trump

You have OBVIOUSLY never read 1984!

It's a tad sad that the Trump supporters think that this is a victory for Trump... It's a pretty terrible reflection of the GOP and the US political system more than anything. And Trump likely still will face consequences via the judicial system. He won't see a day in jail but he will ultimately be ruined by all of this, it's only begun for him ultimately.

AMKC wrote: »
    What is wrong with America? If you ask me a lot. The fact that the Republicans still think what Trump done in the 6th of January only goes to show that. Trump is a nasty piece of work. It turns my stomach to think there is people like that still in the World and the people who think he is good are sick too. I honestly hope neither him or any of his family ever get anywhere near power in America ever again.
    Trump should not be in charge of a creche never mind the most powerful Country in the World.

It's simply that the system is flawed. This has been one of the more obvious cases for a conviction, and that is demonstrated by Trump receiving the most guilty votes from a president's own party of any president in history, but it's still nowhere near enough for a conviction nor was it ever going to be.

The only time you are ever going to have a president, either republican or democrat, convicted under the current system is when the crime is so obvious that American voters as a whole are joining in unity in stating they want the president removed. Whenever the majority of republican (or democrat) voters don't want a conviction, it's just not going to happen, even if the laws implies that it should. The only time conviction will happen is if the crime is so outrageous that the majority of voters of that president's party also want him gone. That means that the current system allows for the president to get away with breaking the law as long as it's not really a big deal to many voters.

It doesn't matter if the senators themselves (be they democrat or republican) believe the law says the president should be convicted, the majority will always vote for whatever the majority of their party voters want the result of the trial to be, and that is why the system is flawed.

Very happy with the result. All those republicans who voted against him should be ashamed. And all the democrats. Cannot believe not one voted in Trumps favour. Solidifies my disrespect for the democrats.

Some strange Trumpites in this country.

Objectively, how can they not see what he incited on the 6th.

Bizarre people.

As for America, its stock is significantly wounded. Not a great outlook that's for sure.

• Advertisement

I think you’ve proven yourself incapable of judging anyone.

I am entitled to my opinion the same as you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,641 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well the republicans freed the slaves.

The Republicans of 1865 did.
    Party positions shifted somewhat in the 20th century, or didn't you know?

I am entitled to my opinion the same as you

Yes but your opinion is that Trump is worse than a slave owning president.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Some strange Trumpites in this country.

Objectively, how can they not see what he incited on the 6th.

Bizarre people.

As for America, its stock is significantly wounded. Not a great outlook that's for sure.

I'd be interested to hear your thought's on this crowd? Looking forward to your response

You're failing to understand the wider point I'm making, this moment what is front of everyone, was a monumental moment in US history, the republicans, for me laid their flag on the wrong side of history.. the effects will be fully felt if trump escapes repercussions in Georgia even if he is, the sensate vote gives a go ahead for any party candidate/party to seek by force the overthrow of a people's vote to stay in power.

Sad times for the self proclaimed greatest.

I'd be interested to hear your thought's on this crowd? Looking forward to your response

That was a beautiful moment. And I watched it on CNN.

You're failing to understand the wider point I'm making, this moment what is front of everyone, was a monumental moment in US history, the republicans, for me laid their flag on the wrong side of history.. the effects will be fully felt if trump escapes repercussions in Georgia even if he is, the sensate vote gives a go ahead for any party candidate/party to seek by force the overthrow of a people's vote to stay in power.

Sad times for the self proclaimed greatest.
    Upholding the constitution and protecting free speech is not a sad moment. It is what makes America the country it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

That was a beautiful moment. And I watched in on CNN.

Cnn ratings have plummeted since the Don left office, Comedy News Network :D

That was a beautiful moment. And I watched in on CNN.

Good for you. You disagree with Trump that CNN is Fake News so I take it.

A president now is worse than a president from nigh on 200 years ago

Yep, I'll stick with my initial Assertion.

Unless you think tme isnt an issue? Because I could show you some Trump comments from a couple of decades ago that will blow your mind ;)

• Advertisement

Good for you. You disagree with Trump that CNN is Fake News so I take it.

They streamed the proceedings. I watched their stream. I also watched them misrepresent everything in the commentary.

Weird you may think it but I actually like to expose myself to opinions other than my own. Helps a person grow.

A president now is worse than a president from nigh on 200 years ago

Yep, I'll stick with my initial Assertion.

Unless you think tme isnt an issue? Because I could show you some Trump comments from a couple of decades ago that will blow your mind ;)

Go on then.

Trump must be fair ticked off at how McConnell tore strips off him in his closing speech today.
    Finished Trumps political career there and then.

No doubt he will still try to bleed his die hard supporters using a supposed 'patriotic party' if he isn't too distracted with defending himself in various law suits and legal investigations. Not to mention trying to pay the debt he owes (although I expect his supporters will ultimately and unknowingly help him pay that off).

Will eat him up for the next 4 years to see Biden in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They're overexcited tonight bless them, I suppose they haven't had any excitement since those hilarious few hours on election night when they thought their guy had won.

oh man I really must go back and read that thread from election night. It was so funny watching all the Trump fans shoot their load early and lording it over everyone when Florida got called at 2am. And then Arizona got called for Biden at 4am and he had a clear and obvious path to victory. It still took a few days after that for the penny to drop for them, the TDS was so strong that most were in denial of the clear writing on the wall, it was absolutely glorious to watch.

Your point is inherently stupid though. Trump was not born during a period where slave owning was legal.... So by your logic, nobody could ever be as bad as a slave owning president. He was ultimately an atrocious president with no basic moral standards. I wish him the very worst in his future cause he deserves it.

And I'd also tend to question the moral compass of anyone who fawns over him as you and other posters do. You use him to reinforce your awful views but the reality is, he was a president with a message of hate that achieved nothing politically. If anything he damaged the office of the president more than any president has ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

This was always going to end this way, foregone conclusion considering the partisan nature of the senate, it has zero to do with justice.

It was still a useful exercise to clearly and concisely show Trump's guilt in relation to the events in question.

joe40 wrote: »
    This was always going to end this way, foregone conclusion considering the partisan nature of the senate, it has zero to do with justice.

It was still a useful exercise to clearly and concisely show Trump's guilt in relation to the events in question.

The outcome was as expected, but Trump having such a weak defense and the Republicans who voted for it showed them up for they are in terms of party allegiance.

McConnells words at the end were bizarre because it showed just how much they blamed Trump, and that they still voted to hold him responsible. Crazy stuff out of them. I don't think Trump will try to contest in 2024 but part of me hopes he does so as to take votes from the Republican candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Donald Trump will be the 47th President of the United States, mark my words. The chance was there to stop it. The chance is gone.

He's obese and will be 78 by then. There's more chance of him dying before then due to obesity and age than becoming president again. And yes Biden is ancient but he's slim. Donnies heart under bigly pressure.

Your point is inherently stupid though. Trump was not born during a period where slave owning was legal.... So by your logic, nobody could ever be as bad as a slave owning president. He was ultimately an atrocious president with no basic moral standards. I wish him the very worst in his future cause he deserves it.

And I'd also tend to question the moral compass of anyone who fawns over him as you and other posters do. You use him to reinforce your awful views but the reality is, he was a president with a message of hate that achieved nothing politically. If anything he damaged the office of the president more than any president has ever done.
    He’s not perfect at all. I do not fawn over him. I just think the Democratic Party are evil.

• Advertisement

Upholding the constitution and protecting free speech is not a sad moment. It is what makes America the country it is.

Repeating the sad defence of the two time impeached POTUS doesn't add weight to your argument. As has been proven by the house mangers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement