Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,429 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You misunderstand.

Why should I be called to care about Democrats "colluding" with the media, 'in secret' etc. whatever, conspiracy stuff - when Republicans are openly bragging about it?

You've mentioned Trump:

If Biden had these kind of calls with [Insert 'left-wing woke' boogeyman] every night, we'd never hear the end of it. Republicans would draft articles of impeachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I see your post about Matt Gaetz now, it wasnt there earlier.

Certain posts dont seem to be appearing until a good bit after they have been posted on my feed. Must be technical issues.

So if its good for the goose its good for the Gander so, is that what you are saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Considering the amount of Trump associates charged or jailed because of Russia its pretty clear Russia had involvement with Trump its hardly a hoax.

• Since 2017, Mueller has investigated Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, and whether the Trump campaign collaborated with Moscow to tilt the race in Trump's favor. 
    • So far, Mueller's team has charged eight Americans once affiliated with Trump's campaign or administration, 13 Russian nationals, 12 Russian intelligence officers, three Russian companies, and two other people with federal crimes.

No to mention the Trumps involvement with Russian banks.

“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

Eric Trump responded on Twitter that the story is “completely fabricated and just another example of why there is such a deep distrust of the media in our country.”

If what Dodson says is true, it wouldn’t be the first time that the Trumps have been connected to Russian money. A number of reports have indicated the Trump Organization received substantial financing from Russia when the business was struggling in the mid 1990s and again during the Great Recession, since major U.S. banks had refused to loan money to him. Most recently, Reuters reported that a group of 63 Russia billionaires have invested nearly $100 million in several Trump properties in Florida. Donald Trump Jr. himself famously said in 2008 that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah the usual tactic of deflect from the discussion points of the article. And also the pile on from the gang!

Best to ignore these posters and thread to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 19,421 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy asked you multiple questions in an attempt to engage with you on said article which you posted and he has yet to get a reply to any one of them.

Why post an article (which you say you have read) on a discussion forum, and then refuse to discuss it, especially one which you seem to agree with.

Please... don't attack the posters - just engage in a discussion.

• Advertisement

If he were to read the article then he would have all his questions answered.

Im not here to spoon feed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You're here to entice people to read it, so a discussion can be had, no? That is why you posted it, isn't it? You said it was a long article, they asked for more info. I honestly don't see what the problem is.

I see Trumpers throwing yet another hissy fit when asked for a modicum of information, as they have a tendency to do.

Gotta give me a second to proofread my posts 😐️ You say you're not going to reply to these posts anymore - then cannot wait to.

What I'm saying is it's rich of Trump or anyone to accuse the Democrats of collusion with the media when Trump himself was actually colluding with the media. The argument presented is to condemn one over the other.

Did you even know who Jeff Gerth was before you ripped off Greenwald's tweet?

Did you read much of the 6,000 word essay? I found no bombshells, no smoking gun and the authors editorialization at the end, hilarious, that Trump after winning the election "set out to form a government and make peace with the press."

Hahahahahahahahahahahha let's check in on Trump's first 100 days:

Trump vows to keep tweeting and tells supporters at inauguration ball: 'The enemies keep saying, ‘oh, that’s terrible’, but it’s a way of bypassing dishonest media.'

Gerth doesn't actually credit Trump even, for the phrases "fake news" or "enemy of the people" but instead seemingly applies that trump only "commandeered" these phrases from the media:

Trump and his acolytes in the conservative media fueled the ensuing political storm, but the hottest flashpoints emerged from the work of mainstream journalism. The two most inflammatory, and enduring, slogans commandeered by Trump in this conflict were “fake news” and the news media as “the enemy of the American people.” They both grew out of stories in the first weeks of 2017 about Trump and Russia that wound up being significantly flawed or based on uncorroborated or debunked information, according to FBI documents that later became public. Both relied on anonymous sources.

Thanks for all the pulp, it really helped fill the time for my no-show 11 o'clock meeting, but there's nothing but pulp here. Can you tell me, again, what you found so enthralling about the piece, or "scathing" because I must have missed it in my 20 minute read. I can read react and cite it, I hope you're able to as well. Having read it.

So... To summarize...

You post an article.

You don't elaborate on the article when asked.

You don't reply to questions posed about the article.

People should accept the content as truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Polling done in Ireland in the lead up to the 2016 US election had 82% support for Clinton, with Just 6% favouring Donald Trump. There was similar results for Trump v Biden in 2020. So whinging about a thread on an Irish message board being overwhelmingly negative about Trump is just pointless, this thread is exactly how it would be expected to be.

As for your article, I read a response to it that I would tend to agree with.

"If the goal of media criticism is to ensure that journalists convey an accurate picture of reality to news consumers, Gerth falls far short of that mark. His version of Russiagate echoes Trump’s distorted narrative and lets the man who assisted an attack on the United States off the hook. Trump may have been the victim of occasionally errant reporting. But he was no victim of a hoax or an off-the-rails media witch hunt. He helped an adversary sabotage an American election. The true media failure is that Trump got away with it and that articles like this one that you are now reading are still necessary. "

• Advertisement

Can you even state a discussion point of the article? 😶

Give us your thoughts, I gave mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In other news, the trash is thick in the Stormy Daniels/Mushroom man case getting, uhh, up for the NY AG. Apparently, TFG's defense is going to be 'I didn't want my wife to know about the affair, nothing to do with the campaign.'

This might fly, however, the sudden-chatterbox Stephanie Grisham is reported by Rolling Stone to have said that TFG was worried the FLOTUS was angry with him, so he started spouting that it never happened.

Now, he'd have to admit it DID happen (and various Truths he's sent out show him admitting such. Certified genius uhuh.) So, this is just going to get more and more amusing as time goes on. Melania won't dump him, for one the $$ are all she's after and wants Barron's life financed, and she probably doesn't want to end up buried in a golf course in NJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

One telling thing about the whole Stormy thing is that there never seemed to be a question of if Trump had even done it. In the coverage and conversations at the time and now, there was more debate of his payoff to her and the legal stuff that brought up. It seemed to be a given that *of course* he cheated on his then pregnant wife. Such sh*tty behaviour was almost expected of him, if not exactly a shock to anyone that he’d sleep around.

it’s pretty obvious Melania knew, if not at the time then certainty by the time we all found out. It’s difficult to gauge if she even liked him at all by the time he got to the White House. Stories of her breaking down in tears when he won the election paints the picture of a woman dreading the idea of having to be First Lady to the obnoxious bell-end she married, dragging out her drama with him publicly for at least 4 years. Leaving him was out of the question, Presidents aren’t supposed to get divorced, they are supposed to play happy families…no-matter-what.

I wonder if she knows what state Trump’s finances really are. If she’s still hoping to strike gold in her widowhood, I feel that she’s more likely to find a pit of debt and property foreclosures. I’m thinking it’s mostly Barron and his welfare that keeps her around Mar-a-lago now. Spending her days, hoping he won’t win again, and eventually expire grasping his chest while trying to cheat again in golf by dropping a bunker-ball near the green of one of his courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭francois

MTG is thick as pigshyte

That story died a death didnt it.

6 weeks later and its a nothingburger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Quick look over there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Koch brothers, never big TFG backers to begin with, look like they're lining up behind anyone that isn't TFG. Obviously, this opinion piece is 'tea-leaf' reading but personally, Koch's backing DeathSentence or one of the other clones would be better than them backing TFG.

"Koch Network, Aiming to ‘Turn the Page’ on Trump, Will Play in the G.O.P. Primaries"

NYT link, non-paywall is archive.is /ujEr8. How do you get Boards to not preview links? It seems to fail with archive.* sites.

Trump slated Christie this morning - his reply...

• Advertisement

Speaking of how different administrations handle classified and sensitive material:

Melania Trump was reportedly in the Situation Room like a member of the **** joint chiefs during an ISIS raid

Delicious...

Maybe you should setup a Ron thread if you want to go after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's a Truth from Trump. It's Trump going after him, given that Ron is likely going to run for the Repulican nomination against Trump.

What's your opinion on what Trump has posted?

Oh so that's from Truth Social I thought it was some fake Twitter account! Anyways Trump clearly sees DeSantis as a threat and is out to discredit the competition.

And if your asking me who I prefer? i've said it before but I really do hope that DeSantis is the 2024 GOP Nomination.

Oh so that's from Truth Social I thought it was some fake Twitter account!

Yeah that's really the profile photo he went with. Wild, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wasn't so much asking who you prefer. More asking your opinion on Trump reposting an image which implies Ron DeSantis was grooming teenage girls with alcohol (bearing in mind that his own comment "That's not Ron, is it? He would never do such a thing!" is pretty clearly designed to alleviate himself of any legal responsibility so he can claim that he himself wasn't making the accusations, even though he's the one spreading the image even further and DeSantis is considered his current main political rival at this stage).

I mean, there's discrediting the competition, and then there's spreading posts claiming he has groomed teenage girls with alcohol. Pretty large gulf between those two things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I mean, there's discrediting the competition, and then there's spreading posts claiming he has groomed teenage girls with alcohol. Pretty large gulf between those two things.

Well... if there was ever a party that was gonna do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

A particularly interesting glass house for him to throw stones from, especially if the stories of him lurking around the changing rooms of Miss Teen USA pagents has any truth to them.

• Advertisement

No apology required.

When did you shift from Trump to deSantis? What was the event or turning point?

Why do you prefer deSantis?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement