Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    He's obese and will be 78 by then. There's more chance of him dying before then due to obesity and age than becoming president again. And yes Biden is ancient but he's slim. Donnies heart under bigly pressure.

Trump is still sharper in the mind than Biden though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Repeating the sad defence of the two time impeached POTUS doesn't add weight to your argument. As has been proven by the house mangers.

They lost their case what are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

• Registered Users Posts: 21,641 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Why did Biden anihilate him in the election debates then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The outcome was as expected, but Trump having such a weak defense and the Republicans who voted for it showed them up for they are in terms of party allegiance.

McConnells words at the end were bizarre because it showed just how much they blamed Trump, and that they still voted to hold him responsible. Crazy stuff out of them. I don't think Trump will try to contest in 2024 but part of me hopes he does so as to take votes from the Republican candidate.

Listening to McConnell's words words it seems to be a message to the Republicans. We will back this man to try and save our party, we will lie to save our party, we will debase this party to save our party.

But in four years time, this party needs to remember the damage this man has done and needs to ensure he is no where near the presidential election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

trump had to take a dementia test, and he couldn't figure out it was a dementia test. That is not a sign of a sharp mind.

joe40 wrote: »
    Good, he deserves it.

Absolute bullshìte, watch the debates again and then come back and try claim this lie as truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

They lost their case what are you on about?

Lost their case on what grounds?

Morally beholded to the cnut that is on trail, where 50 percent of jury is of his own party.. yeah that seems a good trail.. if I ever get to that point in my life, remind me to get half of my family on the jury.

Seriously the guy who talked about antibiotics treating virus. He is not only immoral he lacks basic intelligence.
    He came from a privileged background, bankrupted businesses, and eventually became a reality TV star.
    That is one of my biggest gripes about Trump his sheer stupidity.
    I'm of very average intelligence but I hated living in a world where I was smarter then the POTUS.

• Advertisement

Listening to McConnell's words words it seems to be a message to the Republicans. We will back this man to try and save our party, we will lie to save our party, we will debase this party to save our party.

But in four years time, this party needs to remember the damage this man has done and needs to ensure he is no where near the presidential election.

4 years is too late. GOP grassroot and state organisations are going after the senators who voted against Trump like they did with Liz Cheney.

If the GOP heads don't get to grips with this, all that will be left will be the zealots. Which is why I think we will see a civil war of sorts start to emerge within that party.

Democrats should ignore it and focus on making their positions in all 3 branches count and then fight in 2024 on a message of sustaining that progress. Hopefully keep the GOP at bay until 2028.

He’s not perfect at all. I do not fawn over him. I just think the Democratic Party are evil.

Yes you do... The Dems are a spectrum of politics so a tad silly. If anything Trump is evil, what does it say about you that you spend so much time defending his behaviour? There's literally nothing he could do that you and certain other posters wouldn't defend... Pretty sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Not convicting Trump was always inevitable.

I guess the Democrats feel like they've exposed the naked partisanship of the Republicans, but I'm not sure any of it will make much difference.

I can't imagine there is any significant number of people for whom the failure to convict is some kind of 'road to Damascus' moment.

Seriously the guy who talked about antibiotics treating virus. He is not only immoral he lacks basic intelligence.
    He came from a privileged background, bankrupted businesses, and eventually became a reality TV star.
    That is one of my biggest gripes about Trump his sheer stupidity.
    I'm of very average intelligence but I hated living in a world where I was smarter then the POTUS.

You know that people get secondary bacterial infection right??

He’s not perfect at all. I do not fawn over him. I just think the Democratic Party are evil.

And this is at least partly because you are ill-informed. You believed that Obama was the "king of drone strikes" even though a quick Google would have told you that was certainly not the case.

And yet there has been no suggestion that you finding out that fact had any influence on your opinion of either party. And this is because you have an inherent bias to never want to see the democratic party as anything but evil, and you will continue to have that bias no matter what.

You know that people get secondary bacterial infection right??

That wasn't what he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And yet, with all the manipulation of the postal system, the attempted extortion of the Ukraine prime minister, seeking illegal further interference from China and other countries, Trump was still beaten by "sleepy joe".

Losing the popular vote - twice.

I'd say he's gutted.

Must tear him up inside.

osarusan wrote: »

I guess the Democrats feel like they've exposed the naked partisanship of the Republicans, but I'm not sure any of it will make much difference.

I can't imagine there is any significant number of people for whom the failure to convict is some kind of 'road to Damascus' moment.

They’ve done nothing but expose their hypocrisy and distain for the constitution.

Lost their case on what grounds?

Morally beholded to the cnut that is on trail, where 50 percent of jury is of his own party.. yeah that seems a good trail.. if I ever get to that point in my life, remind me to get half of my family on the jury.

Does some clown think this in any way resembled a court case....

Biden thought he was running against Bush at one point. What does that say about him?

And Trump thought the army took over the airports during the civil war, What does that say about him?

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »

McConnell gave the Democrats campaign material with his closing speech because that can be played, with the message that the man who said this, voted to not convict the person he is talking about. And this in the supposed party of law and order.

It won't make a massive difference but the biggest losers in the last 3 months have been the GOP itself.

He also thought he was running for senate.

And Trump thought the army took over the airports during the civil war, What does that say about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Does some clown think this in any way resembled a court case....

I'm laughing out loud at the person that thanked this post.

Idiocy, it is extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Biden thought he was running against Bush at one point. What does that say about him?

That he used a wrong word in a speech.

trump took a test designed to test for dementia, then boasted about it, not realising it was a test for dementia, no word mixups, nothing, just donald trump taking a dementia test and spending time filling in the sheet of paper, and not realising or checking with someone what it was testing, then going on to boast about it.

Idiocy, it is extreme.

Would you expect any less? Priceless

Idiocy, it is extreme.

Court cases tend to be run fairly. This was a hit job.

Would you expect any less? Priceless

How about dealing with my arguments rather than bully tactics?

By who?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This was my favourite speech.

In a fair court case none of the jury decide beforehand what their verdict will be and they certainly don't meet with the defence to plan strategy.

• Advertisement

How about dealing with my arguments rather than bully tactics?

Would you like to deal with my argument since you're demanding others do likewise?

Edit: I'll take that as a no then. As expected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement