Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

George with the perfect reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

George will be disgusted that Trump is apparently not attracted to him. What an odd thing to say, even for Trump that’s peculiar he usually only notes women as being unattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭archermoo

It seems perfectly in character for him to me. He likes to insult people he doesn't like, and he isn't very bright. So he says the kind of things to them that he would feel insulted by if someone said them to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

TFG's been hanging with the christofascists and drinking their Kool-Aid

TFG: "I am your warrior, I am your justice, and for those who have been wrong and betrayed, I am your retribution."

Nothing like an Ex-POTUS vowing revenge on his enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,421 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And they’re too taken in to see it for what it is.

Republicans - we want to unite the US.

Also republicans - lemme beat the **** out of those that disagree with us

Apparently at their poorly attended christofascist love in, they chased Nikki Haley into an elevator chanting "Trump! Trump!" She'd had the temerity to address the audience on why the GQP needs a new generation or something like that.

Can't have a pesky WOMAN challenging their alpha old fat orange-dye soaked mushroom d1cked white guy.

Far too many of them know exactly what it is, and that's why they want it. They're eager to be able to punish "those people" and see him as their way of being able to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,421 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For the love of god don’t give Nimrata any undue sympathy. She’s playing the victim card hard enough already, playing with a short deck of cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How can the members of the GOP not see that Trump isn't the least bit concerned about the GOP, it is all about him?

Because it's about the power and the money. Not that the Democrats aren't about the same, either. But TFG could really shoot people on, well, outside the Breakers in Palm Beach and if he got the votes, they'd put him up as candidate.

What would they know - they are only RINOs after all...

Most politicians are in it for the power. A lot are also in it for the money. The GOP in the US takes both to an entirely different level. And they aren't generally interested in making their policies more attractive to voters. They're much more interested in stopping people that aren't likely to vote for them from voting.

And yeah, I have absolutely no doubt that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue in New York City in cold blood and not only not lose a single voter, but also not be arrested. He might eventually be arrested, but it certainly wouldn't happen right away. He wouldn't even need to come up with an excuse for his voters as to why he did it. He would just need to wait for them to come up with one for him.

A comment I saw somewhere pretty much captures the GQP: They don't want to govern, they want to rule. Maniacal realtors like MTG embody that.

Shooting someone on 5th avenue is so yesterday. I updated Trump to Palm Beach since I don't think he's in NYC much anymore. By the way, that Breaker's place makes a delicious crab meat salad, when she was alive my Mom always enjoyed it when I took her there for lunch. Definitely an 'old money vibe' to the place, but beautifully landscaped and great views of the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

He's useful as a symbol for the GOP to harvest votes from a wide swaith of people they'd normally avoid like the plague. Posssibly the closest thing they've ever had to a living, breathing Logo for the party as a whole. It is a misguided and stupid strategy, and they really should have taken one of the many oppertunites to be rid of him, but so far it looks like they still have no trouble appeasing him to keep the MAGA vote with him.

The maddening thing is, the MAGA vote was never likely to turn Democrat or 3rd Party, and Trump can't be arsed to actually make his own party. They don't need Trump to keep the MAGA voters on-side, they will vote GOP, with or without Trump. It might be that they won't be bothered to vote unless Trump is part of it, but I can't imagine that percentage of the vote to be worth the near decade of stupidity they have sullied themselves with.

Either the Orange Dimwit finally pays for his lifestyle choices (saving the GOP a job) or something prevents him from taking up the GOP ticket again. Failing that, the idiots will still back him until they can come up with a better idea....

That is exactly it. And that has been the case since well before Trump came on the scene. In the 80s they were pretty open about wanting to restrict who is able to vote. Public policies like "we don't need MORE voters, we need BETTER voters". Meaning voters willing to vote for them.

And yeah, I've never been to Florida. And with everything going on there currently it isn't on my list of places I'll be going anytime in the near future. Not a climate I have any interest in anyway. I don't deal with hot very well. Part of the reason I'm in Ireland now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Conways marriage is the victim because George kept shooting his mouth off and acting like a moody teenager.

His wife worked for Trump but George decided to poop on his own doorstep each and every day, he isnt the brightest.

What did he expect.

• Advertisement

Kellyanne could have quit at any time, but chose to put TFG ahead of her marriage despite her husband's public disdain for him and his work to undermine TFG via the Lincoln Project. Clearly not a family-first person, not in keeping with GQP's professed values, but this was the TFG administration we're talking about. Her interactions with her daughter indicated things weren't well at home, but despite both these issues, she stayed loyal to TFG.

And as for moody teenagers, hey, it's better than a tantrum-throwing ketchup flinger who is now claiming to be the "retribution" for the GQP if elected.

George's tweets didn't seem moody - he was very consistent, TFG was and is a clear and present danger to Democracy in the US, his fantasy-filled thugspeak at the CPAC is just the most current reminder of such.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah, George was the problem in that relationship. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I wonder if she tested out 'alternative facts' on George first before using it in public

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

@Rawr

He's useful as a symbol for the GOP to harvest votes from a wide swaith of people they'd normally avoid like the plague. Posssibly the closest thing they've ever had to a living, breathing Logo for the party as a whole. It is a misguided and stupid strategy, and they really should have taken one of the many oppertunites to be rid of him, but so far it looks like they still have no trouble appeasing him to keep the MAGA vote with him.

They can't really get rid of Trump when Trump has been and perhaps still is what their voting base demands. Trump will only go away when his numbers drop or he dies.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Just so I'm clear.

George Conway was the problem and not his lying, bigotted wife?

You're so firmly in the Trump fan base but you'll still deny it. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Dies? DIES?!?! Some of his ... fans are so deluded they think JFK jnr faked his own death and is going to come back and run for VP with him. THIS is the mentality of the people the GQP Court these days. You only have to see their arguments here to see their grasp on reality. He is singing songs and raising money (which nobody will see) with his fellow insurrectionists. People on this very thread denied Jan 6 happened. People on this thread said that he didn't condone and support white supremacist groups. People on this thread support him despite (maybe BECAUSE of) his self-professed history of sexual assault, of racism and homophobia, of hatred of America, of intimidation and threats-on-life of political opposition, of appempted election tampering. Every SINGLE one of these from his own mouth. Every one.

So, to his cult here, in the US, wherever, death is not a limiting factor.

If Jesus can come back from the dead, trump (GQP retribution tm) can... and he'll be packing heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Alas this. I think you encapsulate well the concept that the MAGA crowd are possibly more drawn to the «idea» of Trump. Never mind what the Orange Dimwit does, has done or will do, the «idea» of Trump and what these people make of that is what drives them.

This guy, who can’t even hold a Bible correctly, is somehow God’s Chosen President to some of these people, simply because that’s the «idea» of Trump in their heads.

He’s for everything they are for…even if he never really said it, because that’s their «idea» of Trump. And thanks to him they don’t need to lose elections anymore. They either win, or they are stolen by the left-wing commie Dems (TM).

He is the embodyment of all of their nonsense and even when he dies they’ll envoke him. This is why it is important for all level-headed Americans to remember to get out and outvote these oxygen-thieves every time to ensure that their nation doesn’t drown in this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

And thanks to him they don’t need to lose elections anymore.

And this is key. We KNOW that this will be the case. Because, again, his ... fans here and everywhere are ALREADY doing this. They tried to steal the election by limiting mail-in ballots by trump putting in one of his croneys to gut the postal service (Causing deaths), by election tampering (We ALL heard the call). By voter intimidation (We ALL saw the trucks trying to drive people off the road). And, in the end, insurrection and murder.

So you are right. The GQP will NOT lose an election for the next 40 or 50 years. Until the GOP rid themselves of the GQP. They will NEVER lose an election. They will, as you say, either win, or it will be stolen.... In which case they will revert to violence and hate... AGAIN. Let's remember folks. This is not conjecture. This is HISTORY! They have form! This is what they have ALREADY done. This is who they are now. I'm waiting for them to finish up their paedophile conference (Or is CPAC already finished?) with The Mandalorian coming out on stage with star-spangled armour. His gun in one hand and Jesus in another and stating "This Is The Way!" (Who cares if Disney own him. What are those woke libtards gonna do?)

I mean if any trump, GQP or GOP supporters think we are wrong about them never losing an election again, please feel free to correct us. Does anyone HONESTLY believe that the GQP/trump will EVER believe an election they didn't win? Honestly? All hyperbole and histrionics aside:

Will The Republican party believe/accept an election defeat within the next 5 cycles? Up to 2050? It is a simple Yes/No answer. And I believe "No".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump will go away when Trump dies. Trumpism won't. I think it's already been established that Trumpism is the defining ideology of the Republican party with or without Trump, but the Republican party old guard, like Mitch McConnell, would vastly prefer someone far less chaotic who can be brought to heel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement