Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

So basically you're saying that the person telling the truth was the issue, rather than the person going on national and international news several times a week and spouting easily-provable lies? Interesting, yet not unexpected take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Honestly and this seems like the easy/hyperbolic answer, but there are certain amongst them who see him as malleable to their own agendas. It's all too easy to compare current Trump cult with Nazism. But? It's a very pertinent example. For many on the German right, Hitler was seen as a way to ensure that "they" had a leader in their pocket. One beholden to them and particularly for the industrialists and juncker classes. It was their means of destroying Weimar. I know it's a book most here will have read but the rise and fall of the third reich really does a great job of laying out the complicity of the German industrial and wealthy 1%ers in allowing Hitler seize power.

Now the big difference is, that post 2020. Trump is a loser, an insurrectionist and a political failure. The 1% folk who supported him have pretty much abandoned him, Koch's, Murdoch and others.

The angry white rabble he whipped to a frenzy! Well they are now stuck with him due the sunk cost fallacy. He has them convinced he's a knight in shining armour! Rather than a retard in tinfoil.

Retard in tinfoil 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just like the caravans are on their way.. just about the time he needs votes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Bet they go back to his previous defamation defense: 'no reasonable person can take me seriously'

They've already started. What's the betting that's what this was about: "See? Nobody can take this seriously! It's just ENTERTAINMENT!!! Nobody is ACTUALLY saying the Jan 6 riot* didn't take place. It's all just entertainment. Not news! Nobody ACTUALLY believes these people were sightseers"

There will be one more similar example from another Hate-Host on fox in the next week or so. So that they have two examples of "entertainment". Their usual lies but dialed up to 11 to draw headlines similar to this.

Their defence has started.

* (They won't say insurrection of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So let me guess @MisterAnarchy these court submissions are taken out of context right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

What does Carson actually believe, then? Like, we've established that he hates Trump and thinks that no reasonable person could possibly believe his nightly spiel. So, when you take Tucker the man as opposed to Tucker the character, what are his actual political stances? Or, more to the point, what would he try and say if someone could get him to answer halfway honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He's planning ahead for a presidential run, likely when trump is no longer around to get angry at him (and he will try and claim all those supporters and likely deify trump in some way). It will be like David Miscavige when he took over scientology after Hubbard's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Carlson is a far right head the ball who wants all the things that entails. Your standard "I've got mine, now pull up the ladder and oppress some of the weaker in society" type stuff. Trump's narcissism and greed is solely centered around himself and what's in it for him. He'd say *anything* as long as there was a baying mob cheering him on. He was a useful idiot for the far right getting things they wanted as a by product of the general chaos. They don't have to like him, as shown by these emails, as long as the fallout is they get things they want like a hyper conservative supreme court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Carson believes in the size of his bank account nothing else matters.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So a lot like Trump then?

Wonder why Tucker hates him so much - They seem to have a lot in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭archermoo

Tucker hates him because Trump cannot help but **** up everything he touches.

I've said it before, all he had to do was keep his big mouth shut during COVID and he had a significant chance of re-election. He had a vanilla opponent and his base would tolerate anything he did.

But Trump being Trump, he ruined it. And by ruining it, he caused a lot of trouble for his hanger-ons, such as Fox.

That explains why Tucker hates him privately.

The reason why Tucker hides it is because he is still getting a fat paycheck from Fox, promoting Trump-esque nonsense. Believe me, as soon as Trump's brand becomes more toxic than is possible to associate with, it'll be "Trump who?"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One of Trump's former lawyers admits misrepresenting evidence publicly to help Trump.

From the Court ruling:

Respondent agrees she made the following ten misrepresentations:

 On November 13, 2020, Respondent claimed that “Hillary Clinton still has not conceded the 2016 election.”

 On November 20, 2020, Respondent appeared on Mornings with Maria on Fox Business and stated: “We have affidavits from witnesses, we have voter intimidation, we have the ballots that were manipulated, we have all kinds of statistics that show that this was a coordinated effort in all of these states to transfer votes either from Trump to Biden, to manipulate the ballots, to count them in secret . . .”

 On November 20, 2020, Respondent appeared on Spicer & Co. and stated, “with all those states [Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia] combined we know that the election was stolen from President Trump and we can prove that.”

 On November 21, 2020, Respondent stated on Twitter under her handle @JennaEllisEsq., “ . . . SECOND, we will present testimonial and other evidence IN COURT to show how this election was STOLEN!”

 On November 23, 2020, Respondent appeared on The Ari Melber Show on MSNBC and stated, “The election was stolen and Trump won by a landslide.”

 On November 30, 2020, Respondent appeared on Mornings with Maria on Fox Business and stated, “President Trump is right that there was widespread fraud in this election, we have at least six states that were corrupted, if not more, through their voting systems. . . We know that President Trump won in a landslide.” She also stated, “The outcome of this election is actually fraudulent it's wrong, and we understand than when we subtract all the illegal ballots, you can see that President Trump actually won in a landslide.”

 On December 3, 2020, Respondent appeared on Mornings with Maria on Fox Business and stated, “The outcome of this election is actually fraudulent it's wrong, and we understand than when we subtract all the illegal ballots, you can see that President Trump actually won in a landslide.”

 On December 5, 2020, Respondent appeared on Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox News and stated, "We have over 500,000 votes [in Arizona] that were cast illegally . . .”

 On December 15, 2020, Respondent appeared on Greg Kelly Reports on Newsmax and stated, “The proper and true victor, which is Donald Trump . . .”

 On December 22, 2020, Respondent stated on Twitter, through her handle @JennaEllisEsq, “I spent an hour with @DanCaplis for an in-depth discussion about President @realDonaldTrump's fight for election integrity, the overwhelming evidence proving this was stolen, and why fact-finding and truth—not politics—matters!”

Amazing last few words in the final one there: "...and why fact-finding and truth—not politics—matters!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭banie01

One can only hope that disbarment follows for Trump's legion of the halfwit lawyers.

The expectation of candour, honesty and equity required of an officer of the court isn't all that high a standard. Yet Ellis, Powell, Giuliani and a host of others all knowingly peddled lies in front of multiple courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Speaking of halfwit lawyers is there any update on Guilianis disbarment?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

I take your point to the extent that I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate money, but Carlson has been coming from a broadly right-wing political perspective his whole career, even when he worked for CNN. It would imply that he does have some bedrock political beliefs on that side of things which supersedes the hyperbole.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's a generationally rich white guy in America - His family have been extremely wealthy for a very long time , of course he would have "natural" tendencies towards the Republican party.

• Advertisement

The Trumpers cannot help but display their grossness.

I'm no fan of McConnell (to put it politely) btw but still...

This is the same Jenna Ellis that admitted today in a Disciplinary hearing to breaching Lawyers ethical rules with all of her "Stolen Election" bollocks shilling for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another one that calls herself a "christian" I presume.

Yeah, at least Republican Christians are easily identifiable: By their lack of empathy and lack of Christian values.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yeah, at least Republican Christians are easily identifiable: By their lack of empathy and lack of Christian values.

He's a generationally rich white guy in America - His family have been extremely wealthy for a very long time , of course he would have "natural" tendencies towards the Republican party.

Interesting to say the least, white Christians persona non gratis it seems, especially wealthy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lemme have a stab at a guess, you're a white Christian man

Interesting that you quote my post when you associate Republican with wealthy and white...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The boys have nothing to say about the actual video Tucker released I see I hope Jacob Chansley is released immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

...delete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement