Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Court cases tend to be run fairly. This was a hit job.

Really?

So every court case has been run "fairly"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Your idea of a hit job, as we all see is totally different for the rest.. a court case should be judged on with an impartial jury.. this case had a jury that was complicit in the crime that was committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,642 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Things could be about to get even more difficult for Donal.

Link

So the most significant case, looking into Trump's business right now, the most potentially serious one, is the Manhattan DA's case. This is the case where the DA has been trying to get Trump's tax returns for years now, and even though that case is now before the U.S. Supreme Court for a second time, from what we know, the investigation is pretty far along. Also, because Trump has been trying to block Vance from getting his records, there's a great deal that is in the public record.

So we know the DA is looking at Trump, his family and his business for possible bank, insurance or tax fraud, including felonies that could carry significant prison time. So though the Supreme Court ruled seven to two against Trump the first time, the former president came back with a new claim. But most experts think that, eventually, Vance will get the records he's seeking, and if that happens and if Vance decides he believes crimes were committed, there could be indictments this year.
    We just learned this week that Georgia prosecutors are looking into whether Trump violated election statutes when he engaged in an all-out campaign to change the results in Georgia. So although that case has just begun, it actually could proceed pretty quickly because it would be more straightforward than the complex financial crimes the Manhattan DA is looking into. Then the New York attorney general is looking into whether Trump failed to pay proper New York state taxes. In addition, the District of Columbia AG is looking into whether Trump's inaugural committee violated charities laws when it paid hefty sums to Trump's hotel. And there are multiple civil suits, so there's a lot of litigation

And the real reason why Trump wishes so badly that he was still President...
    So in several of the cases, he's been arguing so far that his status as president means he deserves special treatment, that he can withhold records, testimony and generally stymie the probes. And in some of the investigations, the U.S. Department of Justice even intervened, even though the matter was over Trump's private actions. That's why many of these cases have taken so long, but now Trump doesn't have those extra tools. He's just an ordinary citizen. So while he can and he is arguing that the investigations are politically motivated, he has to defend himself now like everyone else.

This thread could be quite busy for another while yet.

He’s not perfect at all. I do not fawn over him. I just think the Democratic Party are evil.

Really? What is it about them that you think is evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kowloon wrote: »
    This was my favourite speech.

In a fair court case none of the jury decide beforehand what their verdict will be and they certainly don't meet with the defence to plan strategy.

He’s obviously reading from a teleprompter. Did the speech writer mess up?

Even being bad at history is hardly comparable to forgetting your are running for president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hit job.

Witch hunt.

Trump is the most innocent man in the world.

Yes yes...

Really? What is it about them that you think is evil?

They should be cancelled anyway as reparations for slavery.

He’s obviously reading from a teleprompter. Did the speech writer mess up?

Even being bad at history is hardly comparable to forgetting your are running for president.

Biden uses a Telepromter
    Trump Fans: 'OMG, he can't speak without reading'

Trump uses a Telepromter
    Trump Fans: 'It's the speechwriters fault'

:pac::pac::pac:

They should be cancelled anyway as reparations for slavery.

So you support the idea of reparations do you? Let's park that.
    That still doesn't say why you think they are evil. Please go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

Lost their case on what grounds?

Morally beholded to the cnut that is on trail, where 50 percent of jury is of his own party.. yeah that seems a good trail.. if I ever get to that point in my life, remind me to get half of my family on the jury.

What do you think of the other 50% of the jury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

How about dealing with my arguments rather than bully tactics?

You were arguing that this verdict exonerates Trump as if it were a court case.

A court case has an impartial jury or an impartial Judge. The senate is not impartial, it voted largely on party lines. The verdict is meaningless since it was a foregone conclusion.

The quality of the evidence was damning for Trump, that is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump's been allowed to stay at Mar a Lago, now he's no longer barred from running again. All he needs now is for Twitter to lift the ban and he's back in business. Knowing him, his major motivation to run again may be so Twitter couldn't keep him off if he wins.

joe40 wrote: »

A court case has an impartial jury or an impartial Judge. The senate is not impartial, it voted largely on party lines. The verdict is meaningless since it was a foregone conclusion.

The words of the senate majority leader were what was most damning for Trump.
    Finished him as a political entity. He'll still grift mind, but will never win a meaningful vote again.

briany wrote: »
    Trump's been allowed to stay at Mar a Lago, now he's no longer barred from running again. All he needs now is for Twitter to lift the ban and he's back in business. Knowing him, his major motivation to run again may be so Twitter couldn't keep him off if he wins.

Think twitter said yesterday that they have no plans to reinstate his account even if he runs again.

If they presented actual credible evidence impeachment could have passed.

Think twitter said yesterday that they have no plans to reinstate his account even if he runs again.

Now Trump is out their suppression of speech can go on unhindered.

The words of the senate majority leader were what was most damning for Trump.
    Finished him as a political entity. He'll still grift mind, but will never win a meaningful vote again.

I hope you're right, if the GOP maintain a shred of morality after this maybe so. But is there a chance the lunatics hardcore maga heads will become the dominant voice?

What do you think of the other 50% of the jury?

I don't know much about the other 50, I know of a few of them they seem of a position of holding anyone that sought too insight violence to over throw the vote of the people they would stand against it, at least I would hope they would.. or I would speak against them also...

Like I said in a previous post.. this should not be looked at as Dem vs Rep.. this is american democracy at stake.

I don't like Trump, no bones about it, if this was Obama/Clinton or what ever Dem I would be holding the same thoughts. It is wrong!

Now Trump is out their suppression of speech can go on unhindered.

He broke their terms and conditions, they do not have to give him a platform.... For a person complaining that people aren't addressing your arguments, they all amount to pretty poorly argued points on your part....

If they presented actual credible evidence impeachment could have passed.

If what they presented didn't result in conviction then nothing would.
    He orchestrated an assault on the senate in which a police man was killed, and the GOP support him. American politics is messed up.

• Advertisement

If what they presented didn't result in conviction then nothing would.
    He orchestrated an assault on the senate in which a police man was killed, and the GOP support him. American politics is messed up.

Zero proof he orchestrated anything, get your facts straight.

Zero proof he orchestrated anything, get your facts straight.

My facts are perfectly straight, he encouraged those actions and importantly made no effort to intervene as it unfolded. He told the people attacking the senate that he loved them. His words. My facts are sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

It's OK, he'll l be dead soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's what they do, hide out and minutes after (insert scandal here) is over they suddenly reappear, "oh I've even busy with work/family/real life". Too ashamed to stand and fight their corner they run and hide until its safe to come out and gloat.

Some people have lives to live you know, they cant spend all day every day arguing with subjective posters on a forum.
    Certain posters on this thread are besotted with Trump and their post count is almost completely related to Trump related matters.

This thread is about Donald Trump, its not called the Donald Trump insult thread.
    I see we are inundated with posters that were never around before, gloating now that Trump was acquitted.

Not prepared to debate the facts, or deal in realities. Just posting catchphrases and nonsensical forecasts about 2024.

Debate ?

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Its hard to reason with people with TDS.

My facts are perfectly straight, he encouraged those actions and importantly made no effort to intervene as it unfolded. He told the people attacking the senate that he loved them. His words. My facts are sound.

Look up the definition of the word orchestrated please.

He didn’t even encourage. He specifically told people no violence.

The idea that what went on last summer that it can be cleassed as an insurrection?

Social justice vs a big fcuken lie from a child who doesn't like losing.

There is difference people.

The idea that what went on last summer that it can be cleassed as an insurrection?

Looting and burning their communities. Go social justice.

Some people have lives to live you know, they cant spend all day every day arguing with subjective posters on a forum.
    Certain posters on this thread are besotted with Trump and their post count is almost completely related to Trump related matters.

This thread is about Donald Trump, its not called the Donald Trump insult thread.

Debate ?

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Its hard to reason with people with TDS.

So a load of waffle to add to the discussion, yep okay.

Looting and burning their communities. Go social justice.

Over throwing a government based on a lie... Go MAGA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

So one group rioting is ok and another group rioting isn't ok?

That makes perfect logical sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement