Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,642 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

And yet the constitution says Trump is innocent.

Does it? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Does it? Where?

What he said is protected by free speech.
    What he said did not amount to incitement.
    Impeachment removes one from office, he was already gone.
    Therefore impeachment is inappropriate.

Funny the majority of senators disagree with your interpretation of the constitution of the USA.

Funny the majority of senators disagree with your interpretation of the constitution of the USA.

I think they wish it didn’t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Trump - not guilty.

2-0.

What does the future hold for him? This might be an indication and to quote Mr. Trump on what he said only hours ago, "Make America Great Again has only begun".

Whether it will be The Donald or some other Trump, roll on 2024.

The Trump's haven't gone away!

God Bless the Trump Family.

• Advertisement

The majority didn't convict him though, therefore he is innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

* it is not
    * yes it was
    * not correct
    * again not correct
    They certainly weren't condemning it though, and that lasted for months on end, all for political reasons.

Biden condemned the violence many times... https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/07/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-several-times/6576824002/

rossie1977 wrote: »
    * it is not
    * yes it was
    * not correct
    * again not correct

Biden condemned the violence many times... https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/07/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-several-times/6576824002/

Trump also condemned the Capitol rioters many times it's on video. He also said any protest has to be peaceful, that's also on record.

But we'll ignore all that because it doesn't suit certain agendas.

2/3 was needed I believe.

The majority did convict him though.

Is this all a little complicated for you?

• Advertisement

Majority did convict. 57 out of 100 is majority. Its far bigger percentage than voted for Brexit or Trump to become president in 2016.

Majority did convict. 57 out of 100 is majority. Its far bigger percentage than voted for Brexit or Trump to become president in 2016.

According to the rules of impeachment Trump won. It’s 2/3 for a reason. To stop partisan actions like this.

According to the rules of impeachment Trump won. It’s 2/3 for a reason. To stop partisan actions like this.

The case against Trump was a slam dunk. The fact that many Republicans are still caught up in the cult of Trump is on them. Basically it was like trying to convict kkk members when half the jurors and judge were kkk.

Ultimately doesn't matter anyway. Republicans decided to stand by a guy that has overseen them lose the house, senate and presidency and brought so much heat on the party thats its very possible we never see another Republican being elected to the office of president.

The case against Trump was a slam dunk. The fact that many Republicans are still caught up in the cult of Trump is on them. Basically it was like trying to convict kkk members when half the jurors and judge were kkk.

Ultimately doesn't matter anyway. Republicans decided to stand by a guy that has overseen them lose the house, senate and presidency and brought so much heat on the party thats its very possible we never see another Republican being elected to the office of president.

It mattered enough for the democrats to bring the article of impeachment.
    Does it bother you that they rushed the impeachment and then Pelosi held on to the article of impeachment until Trump was a private citizen so Trump would have less protection?
    Does it bother you that very partisan Leahy presided rather than the neutral Chief Justice as is the rules?

They wanted to prevent him running again. Bringing the country together was all talk. They further riled up 50% of the population with this.
    Couple it with silencing of conservative opinion on social media and the right feel more and more disenfranchised.

The case against Trump was a slam dunk.

It wasn’t though. How did he incite? He specifically said to be non violent.

More of this leftist game of imagining what people think rather than listening to what people say.

It mattered enough for the democrats to bring the article of impeachment.
    Does it bother you that they rushed the impeachment and then Pelosi held on to the article of impeachment until Trump was a private citizen so Trump would have less protection?
    Does it bother you that very partisan Leahy presided rather than the neutral Chief Justice as is the rules?

They wanted to prevent him running again. Bringing the country together was all talk. They further riled up 50% of the population with this.
    Couple it with silencing of conservative opinion on social media and the right feel more and more disenfranchised.

McConnell wouldnt let the impeachment go ahead while he was majority leader in the senate. That's why it was delayed.

You are incredibly uninformed on all of this.

It wasn’t though. How did he incite? He specifically said to be non violent.

More of this leftist game of imagining what people think rather than listening to what people say.

Been here. Already showed how.
    Majority of senators believed he invited the violence.
    Even some who voted to acquit.
    Your boy did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The case against Trump was a slam dunk.

And what about the likes of AOC and the left egging on and excusing violence, burning, thuggery and assault in cities across the United States?

I'm as far from a Trump supporter as you can get but some of the hypocrisy is astounding.

And what about the likes of AOC and the left egging on and excusing violence, burning, thuggery and assault in cities across the United States?

I'm as far from a Trump supporter as you can get but some of the hypocrisy is astounding.

If you think supporting calls for protests against police brutality is the same as what Trump did, you're delusional.

They are in no way comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If you think supporting calls for protests against police brutality is the same as what Trump did, you're delusional.

They are in no way comparable.

Careful now, that's not what I said as you know well. I'm not talking about "protest".

I'm talking about violence, burning and vandalism.

The silence is deafening from those foremost accusing Trump and his fellow travellers.

People see this, they know it. They aren't stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

The hypocrisy is crazy isn't it.

Hopefully people will start seeing through it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The notion you have about yourself being far from a trump supporter is amusing.

You collect many fond memories of trump over the course of his presidency with sprinklings of negative trump. You aren't as far as you think btw. Just for some clarity.

And that's not saying your a maga flag waver. Just a fondness for what he does.

listermint wrote: »
    The notion you have about yourself being far from a trump supporter is amusing.

You collect many fond memories of trump over the course of his presidency with sprinklings of negative trump. You aren't as far as you think btw. Just for some clarity.

And that's not saying your a maga flag waver. Just a fondness for what he does.

It’s called being moderate. Seeing the good and the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The hypocrisy is crazy isn't it.

Hopefully people will start seeing through it soon.

You had the current president, claiming that the senate were about to sign in an illegitimate president. He was undermining the bedrock of the American democratic system.

No sitting president has ever behaved in such a way, to actively agitate that the election was stolen as a result of widespread fraud, and the president elect should not be sworn in.

It was a new low for America.

But yeah keep the whataboutery going, I suppose that is the only argument that remains.

joe40 wrote: »
    You had the current president, claiming that the senate were about to sign in an illegitimate president.

Clinton literally did that 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Clinton conceded on the night of the election and phoned Trump to do so.

Are you serious with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

She conceded victory to Trump on the night and didn’t organize a mob to attack the senate, slight difference

She conceded victory to Trump on the night and didn’t organize a mob to attack the senate, slight difference

She spent 4 years saying Trump colluded with the Russians. He didn’t. She lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

She spent 4 years saying Trump colluded with the Russians. He didn’t. She lied.

Except that he did

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement