Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

So you disagree with Mitch then?

You really don't get people who sympathized with Trump do you? None of them would be fans of Mitch McConnell, people like Mitch were the reason Trump was elected in the first place, yet I suppose you think this is some sort of gotcha?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Something that was true at one point. The escalation of drone strikes was an Obama era policy.

Please try to be less aggressive.

Drone strike numbers exceeded Obama under Trump then they stopped reporting numbers. You've been told this multiple times but repeatedly ignore it...

When your argument devolves into posting animations you’ve lost.

And this is why your opinion on the law should never be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Now now, you were being incredibly aggressive to people for not having the strength to deal with a rigorous debate. Let's not be backing down now just because you're being called out on your nonsense.

I’m taking a break before this descends into the inevitable intimidation.

I would say this is more an example of you running away after a load of your claims were proven to be pure nonsense... You and a few others tend to do this a fair bit. :P

• Advertisement

TomTomTim wrote: »
    You really don't get people who sympathized with Trump do you? None of them would be fans of Mitch McConnell, people like Mitch were the reason Trump was elected in the first place, yet I suppose you think this is some sort of gotcha?

No, I am pointing that he is stating an opinion as fact, an opinion that both the majority of the house and senate disagrees with, people of which know about America law better than he does.

Of course you are. Next time, try to not mock people for not getting into a rigorous debate with you when you yourself don't have the capacity for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Something that was true at one point. The escalation of drone strikes was an Obama era policy.

Please try to be less aggressive.

Yes, but the other statements were all lies. We've agreed. Move on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

His father just made a fool of the Democratic Party we won't begrudge him a few nose beers.

Nope. His father and the Trump family themselves consistently make fools of themselves. The dual party system of "my side or your side" come hell or high water, made a mockery of the democratic process in the US. The failure of the majority of the GOP to apply any consequences on Trump for his reprehensible actions shows just how unfit the democratic processes are in the US. The cheering of this by Trump fanboys or those who fall into the category of "I'm no fan of Trump but", is just sad as Trump himself would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

No it’s about their need for power at the expense of their country.
    ohLohOQ.gif

• Advertisement

His father just made a fool of the Democratic Party we won't begrudge him a few nose beers.

Trump made a fool out of 43 Republicans who had to aquit him depite having their lives in danger, most of whom voted to endorse the so-called fraudulent election and endorse Biden as the winner and President.

The Democrats kind of did it to themselves, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) Tweeted:
    https://t.co/84wpLHuuC8 https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1360693812167905283?s=20

In his statement president trump says his journey to make America Great again has only just begun and will have big announcements in coming months.

Do you think he will run again?

House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) Tweeted:
    https://t.co/84wpLHuuC8 https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1360693812167905283?s=20

In his statement president trump says his journey to make America Great again has only just begun and will have big announcements in coming months.

I hope so. It'll split the GOP.

In reality, I think it'll be Trump Jnr.

I don;t think he'll get the ticket and I don't think he'll ahve the finainces to go as an independent by 2024.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Lol there's not much hope for the people who are obsessed with the Don and moaning and groaning about him, he's put a spell on some people.

He's a powerful man, and his ability to have SJWs and liberals in a perpetual loop of despair and resentment is to be commended, not because I like what he's doing but if someone could put a personality like that for good use, then you've a powerful person.

I've nothing against him, he did nothing to me.
    But I think in year's to come liberals and SJWs will still be crying because of Trump.

Have any of the haters created a program on their powerlessness over Trump...

A bit like group therapy, ye can all sit together and share your experiences strength and hope..

Ye can do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

iagreebut wrote: »
    Lol there's not much hope for the people who are obsessed with the Don and moaning and groaning about him, he's put a spell on some people.

He's a powerful man, and his ability to have SJWs and liberals in a perpetual loop of despair and resentment is to be commended, not because I like what he's doing but if someone could put a personality like that for good use, then you've a powerful person.

But I think in year's to come liberals and SJWs will still be crying because of Trump.

A bit like group therapy, ye can all sit together and share your experiences strength and hope..

Ye can do this..

"Have the haters created a program on their powerlessness over Trump"
    They don't have to since he was defeated in a democratic election, which he couldn't accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What is CNN going to show now... back to crazy hurricane coverage I suspect.

Ye can do this..

The SJWs are kind of an easy target to be honest. Titania MaGrath does it better.

Liberal is too wide a group to say.

I would say this is more an example of you running away after a load of your claims were proven to be pure nonsense... You and a few others tend to do this a fair bit. :P

I’m glad you have never experienced having people bully you and trawl through years of post history. Antifa types are very malicious and are very organised to the point t they coordinate attacks against individuals they want to silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Ahwell

i assume the democrats next move will be to try to invoke the 14th Amendment, which would bar him from ever holding office again if successful. A two-thirds majority wouldn't be required, just a majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭yagan

Ye can do this..
    It's not just about SJWs. Even the Neo Cons of the Bush era turned against Trump as he weakened the USAs geopolitical position.

I'd class Trump more as an social media personality cult rather than a political force, but for him to run again would mean an endorsement to overthrow the constitution. Trump won't get a GOP endorsement if he doesn't accept the 2020 election result so any run will be his own vanity project.

I think for many Americans Trump will become something they'd prefer to forget like when they briefly got caught up in a cult, or a pyramid scheme, or worse, line dancing!

• Advertisement

I’m glad you have never experienced having people bully you and trawl through years of post history. Antifa types are very malicious and are very organised to the point t they coordinate attacks against individuals they want to silence.

You claimed antifa may have orchestrated the Capitol Insurrection as a false flag, you also accused the BLM movement is a Marxist plot. You did so only a few pages ago... When called out, you exited the discussion... You're not a victim in the discussion...

You claimed antifa may have orchestrated the Capitol Insurrection as a false flag, you also accused the BLM movement is a Marxist plot. You did so only a few pages ago... When called out, you exited the discussion... You're not a victim in the discussion...

I said it had been claimed by some, big difference.

I said it had been claimed by some, big difference.

The blm claim you went as far as linking to a fact check as proof but hadn't read it... In relation to the antifa remark, you were pushing a conspiracy theory as if it had some foundation in reality... Would you agree, it does not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Ahwell wrote: »
    i assume the democrats next move will be to try to invoke the 14th Amendment, which would bar him from ever holding office again if successful. A two-thirds majority wouldn't be required, just a majority.

They'd be breaking new ground legally on that, it would probably be a fairly dragged out process to clarify if the law allows for that mechanism without conviction. They don't want that - part of the reason they went ahead without witnesses was because the GOP were threatening to delay Covid relief etc if they did, by stalling for as long as possible out of spite.

On the other hand, something seems to have changed in the air this week about how plausible criminal charges are from NY or Georgia. Not sure what, but it makes me think something has emerged backstage that's made them more confident it would happen. We'll see.

The blm claim you went as far as linking to a fact check as proof but hadn't read it... In relation to the antifa remark, you were pushing a conspiracy theory as if it had some foundation in reality...

Some like Jeffrey Prather.

https://www.brighteon.com/c5255645-b7d1-4589-aeb6-44c1162d16f0

This doesn't change the fact, it's a conspiracy theory that is not based on facts... Also a quick Google of that site you're linking to leads to a wikipedia talk page about it being a non notable fake news site. So you're still pushing all levels of nonsense..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Brighteon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I hope so. It'll split the GOP.

In reality, I think it'll be Trump Jnr.

I don;t think he'll get the ticket and I don't think he'll ahve the finainces to go as an independent by 2024.

I agree if senior is not able to run it will be Donald trump Jr.
    Ivanka is too cold a personality as much as I'd like to look at her everyday on the news.
    Ahwell wrote: »

They can only do that majority thing once a year or am I wrong on that apologies if I am.

This doesn't change the fact, it's a conspiracy theory that is not based on facts... Also a quick Google of that site you're linking to leads to a wikipedia talk page about it being a non notable fake news site. So you're still pushing all levels of nonsense..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Brighteon
    It’s a free speech alternative to YouTube is all.

I find the video and the apparent coordination fascinating. He’s ex DEA and ex police intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Ahwell

They'd be breaking new ground legally on that, it would probably be a fairly dragged out process to clarify if the law allows for that mechanism without conviction.

Just from listening to a few talking heads on it, putting it to a vote itself wouldn't be a lengthy process. Most likely outcome, if passed, would see it sent to court. That's the part that could be dragged out, which wouldn't affect Biden trying to implement policies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement