Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭francois

Latest conspiracy nonsense, apperently Blackrock are responsible for *ucker's removal, as the also own Dominion, which of course they don't, it is a different Blackrock.

Thick as mince MAGA frothing over something that would take 5 mins to fact check.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The response from the cult of Carlson replied...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I love that one of the people replying uses the name truth seeker and appears to be annoyed at tucker losing his job. Presumably without a shred of self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All from Twitter Blue subscribers as well. Nothing says "Free Speech" more than "I'm paying a billionaire to make it more likely that people see my tweets!"

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So - The E Jean Carroll case opens today.

Probably won't get much in the way of major revelations today but this could get very damaging for Trump if he loses the case.

He's being accused of defamation because he called Carroll a liar when she wrote about his alleged sexual assault in her book.

If he loses this case , then what E Jean Carroll has said about him becomes de facto truth.

The questions that will be put to every single elected official that supports him would be very very awkward indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

While I have little personal doubt that he did it, my personal opinion is of no consequence. There really doesn't seem to be much evidence and it seems to come down to she said - he said. If he didn't then the defamation case falls apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Because there's a difference between telling a lie and telling a truth you can't prove in a court of law. Fox got exploited for making accusations Dominion knew they couldn't prove. . But they were saying stuff the likes of CNN has also been been saying. The following reports going back years conclude that either both sides have a history of lying or its a truth that theres is a security risk in the voting systems.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is being urged by a number of top computer scientists to call for a recount of vote totals in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. The computer scientists believe they have found evidence that vote totals in the three states could have been manipulated or hacked and presented their findings to top Clinton aides on a call last Thursday.

The computer scientists believe they have found evidence that vote totals in the three states could have been manipulated or hacked and presented their findings to top Clinton aides on a call last Thursday.

A few weeks ago computer scientist J. Alex Halderman rolled an electronic voting machine onto a Massachusetts Institute of Technology stage and demonstrated how simple it is to hack an election.

Post edited by Burty330 on

he's not going to lose any followers, even if she wins the case

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How any of that relates to some moron calling himself truth seeker and wanting Tucker Carlson to stay on air is beyond me but you knock yourself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There really doesn't seem to be much evidence

Except for a stained dress…

Havent figured out whether his DNA swab was taken at his recent arraignment. But that could be the whole ballgame.

Tucker wasn't lying to somebody who believes the voting systems can be compromised. The evidence presented proves there was truth to what Tucker said on Fox.

Because there's a difference between telling a lie and telling a truth you can't prove in a court of law.

Are you saying that despite Trump et al being bounced out of (at last count I think it was) 26 courts, you still think there is a there there?

Fox got exploited for for making accusations Dominion knew they couldn't prove.

If I called you a child molester, went on tv and said it, and you sued me, you're damn right it would be up to me to prove you were. That's how the law works. So what I would do, is not make such an accusation. Makes sense, huh?

Fox knew it was bullsh1t, and still churned it out 24/7. There were internal memos, text messages, recordings ffs.

For Fox to settle meant that there was a real chance the courts would find in favour of Dominion, and given how liberal first amendment protects broadcasters, it should give you an indication of how far over the line Fox went.

As for the rest of your whataboutery, it was open for any injured party to sue and they didn't. End of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well then why didn't fox use this information in court?? You could've saved them nearly a billion

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The issue with all of the examples above is that ALL of them require direct physical access to the machines to even begin to attempt to hack them.

Once you can confirm that the machines have not been physically accessed by unauthorised people - which has been confirmed repeatedly , then everything else is utterly moot.

The claims made about Dominion and amplified by Fox were all about remote hacking and "data from Venezuela" or "Servers in Italy" etc. etc.

Also - you will note that no one in the Clinton campaign or indeed any other campaign ever did anything about all these claims because they looked at them and realised that there was nothing there.

All of the theories are based on hypothetical scenarios that did not actually occur and in most cases could not ever actually occur.

So they remain just that - Hypothetical scenarios . not facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

He did eventually offer dna but the judge refused it -

On February 15, Judge Kaplan dismissed Trump's offer as an out-of-line delay tactic.[54] Further, the judge argued that the presence of Trump's DNA would not conclusively prove whether a rape occurred as no sperm cells were detected.[55] In late March, the judge prohibited any mention of DNA evidence at the trial.[52][f]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Jean_Carroll_litigation_against_Donald_Trump

Well yes but absent that he was also arraigned. There is much speculation he was swabbed at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The only people who genuinely care that Tucker's real opinions have been exposed are those who oppose him, and obviously they oppose him already, so it's much of a muchness. You know as well as I do that his followers will rationalise any cognitive dissonance to no end. And even if his followers knew he didn't believe in what he was saying, they'd still enjoy the hell out of what he was saying so long as he was saying things they like. It's not even about sincerity. It's just about furthering an agenda. Reminds me of something interesting I heard once that went something like left-leaning people believe in ideological purity above everything, whereas the right-wing believe in power above everything, so they really couldn't give a shít if the leaders of their movements are lying so long as the lies allow power to be obtained. This applies to Carlson and to Trump. It applies to every right wing grifter who makes waves, really.

It's a case of the Emperor still has no clothes but it will just have to be a different naked emperor this time.

Carlson being proven to be a liar won't make them stop believing the lies , they just won't want to be told those lies by Tucker Carlson anymore.

So when Jesse Waters or Brian Kilmeade or whoever takes over the time slot they will happily continue to gorge themselves on the same lies, content in the belief that Jesse/Brian actually believe them too.

This post is factless and sourceless , and as a result truthless.

Let me remind of all the lies and hoaxes about Russia hacking the elections. Your own news sources state the machines can be interfered with remotely.

A Florida election software company targeted by Russians in 2016 inadvertently opened a potential pathway for hackers to tamper with voter records in North Carolina on the eve of the presidential election, according to a document reviewed by POLITICO and a person with knowledge of the episode.

Russia’s cyberattack on the U.S. electoral system before Donald Trump’s election was far more widespread than has been publicly revealed

These are facts being presented , not "hypotheticals" No matter how much evidence gets presented and how much facts are offered up , they will never change anybody's mind. Even this large document submitted to Congress by Democrats that details security threats and vulnerabilities in the election systems will by ignored and dismissed.

https://www.congress.gov/event/116th-congress/house-event/LC65449/text?s=1&r=4

• Advertisement

This post is factless and sourceless , and as a result truthless.

you were right, your post was these things.

From the links you so breathlessly posted :-

The Intercept article talks about being able potentially to access voting lists etc. not the actual votes.

The accusations regarding Russian influence on the 2016 Election is that they used targeted attacks to change voters minds and opinions. At no point did any ever legitimately suggest that they had "changed votes that had been cast" from one side to the other

The Politico article clearly says the following about the story they discuss.

That wouldn’t have allowed intruders to alter the vote tallies

Again , it talks about bad actors being potentially able to access voter rolls to try to influence voting intentions - Like when GOP activists robo-called loads of black voters to try to get them not to vote.

And the final link from Bloomberg again posits that a bad a actor could possibly access the voter registrations and for example de-register loads of voters without their knowledge making it much more difficult for them to cast their vote.

NONE of the examples above show proof that these things actually happened , all they say is that these are the kind of things that could happen given the right (or wrong) set of circumstances.

What none of the links you share provide is any shred of proof that anyone anywhere has ever been able to change the destination/outcome of a vote AFTER it has been cast.

ALL of the Trump accusations were that votes had been altered after the fact and that either extra spurious votes were added or that legitimate votes were swapped from Trump to Biden.

NONE OF THAT EVER HAPPENED.

Trumps team LIED and Fox had them on their shows where they allowed them to lie despite knowing beyond all reasonable doubt that they were lying and that's why they handed over the money.

They eat up what Trump is saying despite him being a proven liar. I see no great reason why they would stop consuming Carlson's rhetoric on the same basis. As i've said, it's not about whether Carlson believes in what he's saying. It's really about how the words resonate with the audience, and I believe they're well prepared to overlook suspected insincerity if the words tickle their pleasure centres hard enough.

It's been proven by everyone else that Trump is a liar , but not directly from the man himself.

It's a level of mental gymnastics that makes absolutely no sense to normal people but in their minds as long as they can believe that the person telling them the lies believes them too they can rationalise and explain away all the external facts and evidence to the contrary.

The day that audio/video comes out of Trump saying that he doesn't believe that the election was stolen or that his voters are "cousin f**king idiots" or whatever , that will be a different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not only that but they seem under the impression that this could only go one way: From GQP to Dem...

But it can go the other way too:

In the same way:

Dems losing the election COULD result in a failed insurrection attempt, riot and assault on capitol building by domestic terrorists

OR

GQP losing the election COULD result in a failed insurrection attempt, riot and assault on capitol building by domestic terrorists

I know which MY money is on given recent history.

Both have had private records unearthed which contravene what they say publicly. Neither group of supporters particularly care about this, however. Even if they would, it's not the kind of thing that is penetrating their information bubbles. Trump made the statement about being able to shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any voters. He's been largely correct about that in the sense that no matter how much dirt has been dug on him, it's not exactly shrunk his base. Carlson, by the same token, his followers love what he says and they're going to give him an awful lot of leeway. You only have to look at the fact that the texts didn't exactly come out yesterday and yet he didn't exactly lose his audience over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The evidence presented proves there was truth to what Tucker said on Fox.

I'll just leave this and $787.5M here, that is absolutely desperate levels of copium.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,351 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The stealing the votes effort in Georgia, may be tried as racketeering. That would be very wide in its scope.

I'm talking about security vulnerabilities in voting systems. The intercept and the muller report state how Russian hackers had infiltrated ectronic voting systems. You denied that was possible by claiming someone had to have physical access to voting machines. I proved that claim flase. The only point I made was Tucker scrutinised the security of voting machines. The left/democrats agree and there has been bucket loads of evidence posted to prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They might be trying to pull in Lindsey Graham et al

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement