Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He is such a brainless moron. Imagine a normal individual talking like that about a court case they were actively involved in. Mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Does everything possible to cause some sort of gagging order, contempt or other punitive action. Claims it's proof he's being mistreated by the judge & court, and therefore the whole thing is a sham. Sends email to supporters asking for donations. Rinse & repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Be fair - the fight of public opinion wasn't whether or not Russia interfered, it was whether or not the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government to help him win the election. This is what the New York times heavily implied a month into his presidency and set the precedent for the next 2 and a half years until the Mueller case concluded that the campaign wasn't involved in any election conspiracy. James Comey testified that the story was false.

Sen. Jim Risch

“Okay, so again,” So the American people can understand this, that report by the New York Times was not true, is that a fair statement?”

James Comey

"It was not true, Again, all of you know this, maybe the American people don’t. The challenge — I’m not picking on reporters about writing stories about classified information… [the challenge is] that people talking about it often don’t really now what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it.”

And we don’t call the press to say, hey, you got that thing wrong about this sensitive topic, We just have to leave it there.”

I think Trump is a very dangerous individual and fear for the future of the US if he wins in 2024, but not everything has to be mutually exclusive or either red/blue. If the public ( and I think a lot are ) are genuine and objective in their view of such matters there wouldn't be this vicious divide between both sides. The media is to blame as well of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

New: Former Steve Bannon associate Brian Kolfage sentenced to more than four years in prison for conspiring to defraud donors over the “We Build the Wall” that pledged to privately underwrite the construction of Trump’s US-Mexico border wall.

Everything is a grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

i think he'll run again. he might even get in. there's no guarantee Biden will be still alive by November 2024. neither might Trump, but i think he'll outlast Joe.

if Trump ever gets re-elected a one V Putin will be doing cartwheels & backflips that's for sure. scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,351 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well the judge is pissed off and has warned Trump. I think trying to influence a jury might be the likely charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Anyone with half a brain could see this was a grift.

I remember people boasting about how much they donated, then the disbelief when it was revealed.

Their Facebook page disappeared too.

Bannon next hopefully, no trump to pardon him this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭archermoo

The Mueller report did not establish that the campaign wasn't involved in election conspiracy. It was unable to establish proof that the campaign coordinated with the Russian interference in the 2016 election. Those are not the same thing. They had an incomplete picture of what happened because information vital to the investigation was not made available to it. The report also noted that a number of members of Trump's campaign had ties with people in the Russian government, and that they lied about those ties and obstructed the investigation. It is also worth noting that the Trump campaign publicly welcomed the Russian interference. And that the Russian interference was illegal. In fact the report called for the Russian interference to be investigated further, and stated that it was something that should worry every American.

The report also noted 10 different instances where Trump may have obstructed justice while he was President. It also noted that Trump made private efforts to control the investigation. The only reason the report didn't call for Trump to be charged with a number of crimes was due to DOJ policy that a sitting President may not be criminally charged.

In theory the current DOJ has access to all of Mueller's work. With any luck Attorney General Garland will at some point make use of it.

"The Mueller report did not establish that the campaign wasn't involved in election conspiracy. It was unable to establish proof that the campaign coordinated with the Russian interference in the 2016 election. Those are not the same thing."

I can't establish you didn't eat your dog because all the facts aren't available to me. The burden of proof is on the prosecutor and that's the way it works and should work. The words by Mueller after failing to find real evidence of a conspiracy were used to appease those who wanted it to be true. That line was unprecedented in any sort of a prosecutory manner and widely mocked.

Just because you want something to be true, it doesn't make it so. Maybe in some upside down world that logic makes sense but not here in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For readers like us it doesn’t elucidate much but for the mass media who consumes by soundbyte this will clue to them to what others of us have known quite a long time now.

It wasn't a prosecution. It was an investigation. They are covered by different rules.

You claimed that Mueller concluded that Trump's campaign wasn't involved in any election conspiracy. That is not true. Just because you want something to be true, it doesn't make it so. Maybe in some upside down world that logic makes sense, but not here in reality. They concluded that they couldn't tell if they conspired with the Russians or not. Those two things are not the same. It wasn't a trial, so not being able to prove something isn't the same as proving that it isn't the case.

What should happen now that Trump isn't President anymore is that the Mueller report should be used as a blueprint for a much more in depth investigation. One that will actually be allowed to produce indictments. And for that matter that might already be the case. Merrick Garland is known for keeping investigations quiet until he is ready to go to court.

It is also important to note that there were a lot of indictments that came from the Mueller report, including Trump campaign staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

IMO, they were both too old in 2020 and they're not younger this time around. This is not a job where you want the incumbent to croak. Trump did treat the job as a part-time gig anyway and spent a lot of it in MaL.

Common, it's just blah blah blah.

"They concluded that they couldn't tell if they conspired with the Russians or not."

Your dog didn't eat your neighbour. Even though no neighbour died, I can't absolutely prove it not to be true. Maybe the family dog murdered someone 100 years ago.

And on, and on, and on we go.

Get over yourself. This is why conservatives have a leg to stand on, just stupidity.

And yea Trump SHOULDN'T he president, but the rules in place currently won't stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

What's better. The old guy who treats the job seriously, or the other old guy who uses it as a grift?

Except a better analogy would be:

We can't prove your dog killed your neighbor. The neighbor is dead. We can prove that they were killed by a dog. We can prove your dog was in the neighbor's house. But people working for you broke into the forensics lab and destroyed the evidence collected so we can't prove that your dog is the one that did it. But at least we were able to convict the people working for you of tampering with evidence.

You get over yourself. You came in making false claims and don't like being called out on it. If you don't want to be called out, don't make the false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Another analogy would be the conviction of Graham Dwyer for the murder of Elaine O'Hara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

In the United States, capitalism truly is king, and there are endless marketing opportunities to milk money from absolute eejits who think they're getting one over on 'the other side'. This one takes the cake,

Available for every American to purchase. Except those from Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Rhode Island & Utah.

What has this got to do with Donald Trump? Well, not much directly, but it does illustrate that Trump's position as god-king of the deplorables is pretty much safe until he kicks the bucket if this is the kind of thing which some Americans are swallowing, figuratively and, in this case, literally.

The guy who started this brand must be secretly laughing his arse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did he not get turned down by brewers when they realised who it was being brewed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

There are no limits to what Americans will sell for a quick buck. At World Trade Plaza, they sell used flags in honour of those who died.

It will be funny to see people complain about Biden being too old (frankly, I agree) while heralding Trump as the better option.

Biden vs. Trump round 2 is not what the world wants to see but I sense the Dems know Biden will win it and they are probably too uncertain to test the waters with a different candidate.

The Republicans can only secretly hope that Trump either dies or ends up in jail because him being the Republican candidate makes it too easy for the Dems. Trump dying saves the shitshow that will be the primaries while him going to jail means they can cry foul and stoke up more anti-Government/State sentiment and don't have to debate him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

$20 for a six-pack!!

Wonder if you get a discount if you order using your Freedom phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭randd1

It'd be some craic if the lads making this were the same lads that make Bud Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

I sent that crowd a quick email to ask what exactly their process is for extracting the wokeness, as I said I had a concern that any woke residue might make my kids tolerate gay marriage and have respect for other races.

If they get back to me, I imagine they'll say it's a trade secret and that they cannot tell me their exact methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

There is no chance in hell this isnt somehow connected to Anheuser-Busch. They absolutely arent brewing it themselves and to obtain enough to sell this quickly means they are buying it from a source that distills and can do custom labeling quickly which likely means a major distillery/producer of which the vast majority of are owned by AB.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I read an article saying that it was almost certainly breaking a whole bunch of laws right out the gate.

The guy is based in Michigan (I think) and that State requires a whole bunch of licences and certificates to brew/sell beer and there is no record that the guy has any of these , plus the journo had reached out to all the registered brewers in the State and none were doing business with him. It's also illegal to trade in the State using an out of State brewer without various registrations etc. which again he doesn't have.

So either the beer doesn't actually exist or he is breaking a whole bunch of laws if it does.

Like all the "anti-woke" products that appear to scam the gullible MAGA crowd , scratch the surface and it's either fake or absolutely none of what it claims to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anyone buying products solely on the basis of their perceived "wokeness" (or lack thereof) deserves to be scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Apparently the reason Trump has been so quiet on the Bud Light thing and why coke junior was against the boycott is because they have a lot of money invested in AB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

even funnier the same people that said Biden was too old in 2000 will be silent on Trump being the same age in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

Says the beer is made in Georgia on the website.

100% made in America in Gwinnett County, Georgia.

My guess is that there will be no beer and the 30 days is used to sell as much expensive tat with the logo on as they possibly can.

• Advertisement

Huh. I have some friends that live in Gwinnett County. I'll have to ask them if they've heard anything about this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement