Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but does anyone know who won last year's election? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Meanwhile Biden hires a pile of Jeeps for a fake rally where he doesn't even show up and zero people attend apart from his cronies.

Think you may have replied to the wrong post here, because this is nothing to do with mine..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No point dealing with you guys tbh you are obsessed with Trump so nice to come back here and witness the meltdown ;)

Did anyone expect it to go any other way? The senators were pretty open about how they were voting before the trial. They need the Trumpets to support their party, regardless of how much contempt they have for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Has it been a better week for the Republicans?

ABSOLUTELY

Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) Tweeted:
    Great week.

Trump beats impeachment. Dems in disarray. The Lincoln Project burnt to the ground. The RINOS in the GOP establishment exposed & collapsing. Cuomo & Dem Govs in free fall. The media depressed and lashing out at Dems for their impeachment fail.

#MAGA ascending again! https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1360742476139610118?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ABSOLUTELY

Great week.

Trump beats impeachment. Dems in disarray. The Lincoln Project burnt to the ground. The RINOS in the GOP establishment exposed & collapsing. Cuomo & Dem Govs in free fall. The media depressed and lashing out at Dems for their impeachment fail.

#MAGA ascending again! https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1360742476139610118?s=20

Does Jr represent the Republican party in an official capacity?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Name one that was worse in recent history?

Hillary Clinton
    Michael Dukakis
    John Kerry
    Walter Mondale.

Even Jimmy Carter was a worse candidate, and I would argue that Gore ran a truly awful campaign despite having all the credentials.

Biden urged his voters to vote early or by mail-in. They did. If he was that bad a candidate why did they vote using these methods, especially with the false scrutiny Trump tried to place on it.

He is nowhere near the worst candidate they have ever picked. He got the most votes by a Presidential candidate ever, and you're going to suggest to me that a candidate who could only win in DC and Minnesota was a better than him?

Some people here chat the most ridiculous sh*te because they have absolutely zero clue what they're actually talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Meanwhile Biden hires a pile of Jeeps for a fake rally where he doesn't even show up and zero people attend apart from his cronies.

That's the same logic as me saying people claiming football is popular are liars because I just watched Liverpool and Leicester, two top teams, playing in an empty stadium. How can it be popular if nobody is there to watch?

i.e. How could Biden win when he had nothing but jeeps and lackeys at his rallies while Trump had thousands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

ABSOLUTELY

Great week.

I know what a RINO refers to, but what does RINOS mean.

joe40 wrote: »
    I know what a RINO refers to, but what does RINOS mean.

Maybe he's getting confused with hunting tranquilized game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has it been a better week for the Republicans?
    ABSOLUTELY

Great week.

Does it matter? Been a **** week for America.

It's like wrestling pigs. Everyone's dirty, but the pigs enjoy it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's been a good week, 7 GOP senators voted for impeachment, Mitch has come out and said that criminal proceedings should follow. donny's indiscretions laid bare in front of everyone.

AND some chickenposters have come out of the woodwork and started posting again (for some reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Acquitted as fully expected. Not guilty according to Congress so the Trumpers can enjoy the gloating but it will likely be temporary. Whilst the Senate Republicans may not have been inclined to risk the political consequences and wrath of Trump’s support base, the Department of Justice and judiciary won’t be so fearful of any consequences. Despite McConnell acquitting Trump, his speech after the vote suggests that the wheels of justice must do what the Senate refused to do. Ultimately, that will be to the benefit of the Republican Party.

His rationale is that Congress didn’t deal with it, so the judiciary should. It all points to further investigation and inevitable indictments. McConnell has washed his hands of Trump without ever having to get those hands dirty in the process. He is boxing clever in a magnificent b*stard way. The GOP get protected ahead of the 2022 primaries and Donald "law and order" Trump get's thrown into criminal court from which any conviction will wipe out any vainglorious 2024 bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

https://youtu.be/el4O9pSpX6U

I encourage all of you to watch this interview with Trump’s lawyer. He highlights the problems with US media.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

astrofool wrote: »
    It's been a good week, 7 GOP senators voted for impeachment, Mitch has come out and said that criminal proceedings should follow. donny's indiscretions laid bare in front of everyone.

AND some chickenposters have come out of the woodwork and started posting again (for some reason).

From the stuff I'm scrolling past in quotes they come across as more than a little disappointed they're not getting the energetic reaction they'd expected.

That said, as foregone as the conclusion was, I was genuinely surprised at the number of GOP votes to convict, and I'm not sure if that speaks more to me or the state of Republicans these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

https://youtu.be/el4O9pSpX6U

I encourage all of you to watch this interview with Trump’s lawyer. He highlights the problems with US media.

Have you watched it? What problems in particular?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Have you watched it? What problems in particular?

You want a transcript? Watch it.

I did watch it. What in particular did you think he highlighted that you agree with?

You posted it. Am I supposed to make your points for you?

It seems very like a lawyer making excuses for his client.

If Trump cannot be held responsible for what he says, not sure why you think the media have any case to answer

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I did watch it. What in particular did you think he highlighted that you agree with?

You posted it. Am I supposed to make your points for you?

It seems very like a lawyer making excuses for his client.

If Trump cannot be held responsible for what he says, not sure why you think the media have any case to answer

You obviously didn’t watch it till the end. He tore a hole out of the media left and right. I thought it was pretty impressive, especially the way he tore off the mic at the end.

You obviously didn’t watch it till the end. He tore a hole out of the media left and right. I thought it was pretty impressive, especially the way he tore off the mic at the end.

I did watch it. I thought he points were the same lazy cliches thrown out before by others with no real answers but needing someone to blame.

But you only have some general points, nothing actually specific. It is impossible to discuss its merits if all you are doing is dumping a link and waiting for people to make some points for you

Do you think the media are to blame for what happened on the 6th?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If that impresses you then you should watch the wrestling, same type of overacting, you will love it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cool, so if he tore them a new one. You should be able to put it into your own words.

To sum up what it's about:

Trump's attorney got angry at the newscaster for asking to clarify what piece of evidence it was that he was suggesting was doctored.

The piece of evidence he was referring to was a retweet of someone's tweet by Trump and a tweet by that same person thanking Trump for the retweet. Since Trump's tweets cannot be accessed, they have to be recreated. In an image used in the New York Times, both a wrong year and a verified blue checkmark were incorrectly used for that person's tweets. This was very obviously an unintentional mistake as the title of the slide in that picture has the correct year and it is likely to have been caused by a graphic designer using a template and forgetting to change that template for this tweet.

When this evidence was then eventually used during court proceedings, the prosecution had noticed and fixed the incorrect year by then, but seemed to have forgotten to remove the incorrectly included blue checkmark. This is most likely again simply human error as there is no real benefit to its inclusion to the prosecution and the prosecution would be aware that many people watching would have noticed and pointed out this mistake if it was done on purpose.

In summary, his attorney got angry at the newscaster for asking a sensible question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yagan wrote: »
    I think for many Americans Trump will become something they'd prefer to forget like when they briefly got caught up in a cult, or a pyramid scheme, or worse, line dancing!

Nail on the head there, theres a lot of former Trump voters out there now with buyers remorse. The storming of the Capitol was the final straw for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

astrofool wrote: »

Trumpists gonna do what trumpists do*

*post easily debunkable sh1te and show themselves up as being gullible idiots......again

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If we're speaking of lawyers, I highly recommend following a chap called Greg Doucette in advance of possible proceedings in GA and NY. He's a small c conservative lawyer who's very good at interpreting and presenting news lucidly and without too much hyperbole either way.

He can be a bit acerbic sometimes, but he's good and no nonsense.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1360951935797317632?s=19

While the Trumpists here revel in what they perceive to be some sort of victory, even their hero knows it's far from over.

Griffin: "Lawyers inside the DC attorney general's office are working to determine if it is legally viable to use district statutes to charge Trump for his role in the insurrection."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

yagan wrote: »
    It's not just about SJWs. Even the Neo Cons of the Bush era turned against Trump as he weakened the USAs geopolitical position.

I think for many Americans Trump will become something they'd prefer to forget like when they briefly got caught up in a cult, or a pyramid scheme, or worse, line dancing!

Let's hope so.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

To sum up what it's about:

Trump's attorney got angry at the newscaster for asking to clarify what piece of evidence it was that he was suggesting was doctored.

The piece of evidence he was referring to was a retweet of someone's tweet by Trump and a tweet by that same person thanking Trump for the retweet. Since Trump's tweets cannot be accessed, they have to be recreated. In an image used in the New York Times, both a wrong year and a verified blue checkmark were incorrectly used for that person's tweets. This was very obviously an unintentional mistake as the title of the slide in that picture has the correct year and it is likely to have been caused by a graphic designer using a template and forgetting to change that template for this tweet.

When this evidence was then eventually used during court proceedings, the prosecution had noticed and fixed the incorrect year by then, but seemed to have forgotten to remove the incorrectly included blue checkmark. This is most likely again simply human error as there is no real benefit to its inclusion to the prosecution and the prosecution would be aware that many people watching would have noticed and pointed out this mistake if it was done on purpose.

In summary, his attorney got angry at the newscaster for asking a sensible question.

Which is the reason why Trump fanatics usually get angry with "the media".

Cool, so if he tore them a new one. You should be able to put it into your own words.

He made her look like an absolute fool. What a joke.

• Advertisement

He made her look like an absolute fool. What a joke.

So not able to put it in your own words...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement