Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Graphic designer made an error that just happened to change the date from a year before the capitol attack to days before. Interesting error. I’d like to see the graphic designer in question admit that under oath. All we have to go on at the moment is your guess.

I'm going to ask you a very direct question. Try to put this strong bias of yours of aside and try to answer the question as a neutral, sensible person. Take your time and think about your answer rationally and try not to deflect from the question or ignore the question.

The only time the incorrect year was used was in this photo taken for the NYT.

Now, if this wasn't simply a mistake but was done intentionally to mislead as you suggest, why would they change the year in the small text under the tweets, but keep the correct year in the bigliest of writing front and centre in that slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Graphic designer made an error that just happened to change the date from a year before the capitol attack to days before. Interesting error. I’d like to see the graphic designer in question admit that under oath. All we have to go on at the moment is your guess.

This is where you are going wrong. The correct date of the tweet is Jan 03 2021. You can see the original right here - it's still available on twitter and the date and time is at the bottom of the tweet:

https://twitter.com/JenLawrence21/status/1345600194826686464

Trump then retweeted her tweet - his retweet is no longer available as Twitter suspended his account.

She then thanked Trump for his retweet - you can see her second tweet/reply by scrolling down the link i provided above.

It seems you are under the impression that her tweet, Trump's retweet, and her reply, all actually happened in 2020 and the 'falsification' involves the impeachment managers trying to trick people into believing it happened in 2021.

But that is incorrect. the link to her tweet I've provided above makes it clear that her interaction with Trump took place on Jan 03 2021.

In this image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et5aedzVkAENZga?format=jpg&name=orig

The only thing that is incorrect is that she should not have a blue tick mark beside her name. The rest - times, dates, years, are all correct.

He is getting the years the wrong way around. This has been pointed out to him (twice) and yet he still has not corrected himself.

He is so confused about how a graphics designer who had to make hundreds of slides can make this mistake, and yet he himself has made the exact same mistake three times now even though this is the one thing he is focusing on.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Has anyone seen this ?

https://youtu.be/y3ZtrFaa8Tw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

iagreebut wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this ?

what is your opinion of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The reaction to the republican senators who voted to convict from their own state party structures shows the grip Trump has on the party and it's everywhere, not just the base. It's disturbing in a way.

It's a hard ask to get republican politicians to basically sacrifice their seats when on the other side there is hypocrisy in relation to all of this from denial of election results to violence and rioting.

Ultimately the rioting in US cities earlier in the year had a big effect in the end. Democrats refused to condemn this violence like they should have.

Trump is still there. He controls the republican party and I have no doubt he will be the republican nominee for 2024.

Obviously republicans are spineless but the Democrats share responsibility for this as well imo.

Has anyone seen this ?

Jaysus, the Trumpists dumping links asking us our opinion before giving theirs can get quite annoying sometimes.

I believe Biden explained the reason why should not be faux outraged in that very same video.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/18#:~:text=While%20the%20two%20Houses%20shall,644%2C%2062%20Stat.

The reaction to the republican senators who voted to convict from their own state party structures shows the grip Trump has on the party and it's everywhere, not just the base. It's disturbing in a way.

It's a hard ask to get republican politicians to basically sacrifice their seats when on the other side there is hypocrisy in relation to all of this from denial of election results to violence and rioting.

Ultimately the rioting in US cities earlier in the year had a big effect in the end. Democrats refused to condemn this violence like they should have.

Trump is still there. He controls the republican party and I have no doubt he will be the republican nominee for 2024.

Obviously republicans are spineless but the Democrats share responsibility for this as well imo.

that isn't true, is it? https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-democrats-have-condemned-violence-linked-protests/3317862001/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-biden-condemn-violence-idUSKBN25V2O1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Complete and utter nonsense.

Under your premise, the GOP can be partially excused for not doing the right thing because at some point earlier someone else did or didn't do something.

So where do you stop? Under your reasoning, isn't it justified that black people riot since it all started with the slave trade?

You post is nothing but whataboutery. You are perfectly entitled to feel that certain people didn't do the right thing in regards to the BLM protests, but to try to use that as some sort of justification for the shameless faiure to hold themselves (for many of them back Trumps call that the election was a fraud) or even Trump himself is beyond the pale.

Under your justification, anyone is basically allowed to do anything once they feel someone else got away with it first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jaysus, the Trumpists dumping links asking us our opinion before giving theirs can get quite annoying sometimes.

I believe Biden explained the reason why should not be faux outraged in that very same video.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/18#:~:text=While%20the%20two%20Houses%20shall,644%2C%2062%20Stat.

I just ignore them, those posters don't have the intelligence to formulate their own ideas from various sources and prefer their confirmation bias to try and make their point

I'm not a Trump or a Biden supporter.

I just believe in justice that's all.

There ye go again, telling me what I am without even asking first.

That's why I don't like the way some of you people debate, ye undermine the debaters rather than the debate..
    But yet the charter suggests otherwise.

Drops the mic...

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Complete and utter nonsense.

Under your premise, the GOP can be partially excused for not doing the right thing because at some point earlier someone else did or didn't do something.

So where do you stop? Under your reasoning, isn't it justified that black people riot since it all started with the slave trade?

You post is nothing but whataboutery. You are perfectly entitled to feel that certain people didn't do the right thing in regards to the BLM protests, but to try to use that as some sort of justification for the shameless faiure to hold themselves (for many of them back Trumps call that the election was a fraud) or even Trump himself is beyond the pale.

Under your justification, anyone is basically allowed to do anything once they feel someone else got away with it first.

Had several US cities not been trashed, behaviour actively abetted by local democrat mayors and institutions, Trump would have been convicted and he would be gone.

As it is now he is still there, he and his supporters are emboldened, and he is going to run.

That's the be all and end all of it.

Of course not.
    There ye go again, telling me what I am without even asking first

I've done this before to you? Which rereg are you exactly?
    That's why I don't like the way some of you people debate, ye undermine the debaters rather than the debate..

You literally posted a video without giving your opinion on it. In what way is that a debate? And the reason why the video has no importance is explained in that very same video, which I outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

duploelabs wrote: »
    I just ignore them, those posters don't have the intelligence to formulate their own ideas from various sources and prefer their confirmation bias to try and make their point

Oh bow to ye the great minds of today.

I'm going to ask you a very direct question. Try to put this strong bias of yours of aside and try to answer the question as a neutral, sensible person. Take your time and think about your answer rationally and try not to deflect from the question or ignore the question.

The only time the incorrect year was used was in this photo taken for the NYT.

Now, if this wasn't simply a mistake but was done intentionally to mislead as you suggest, why would they change the year in the small text under the tweets, but keep the correct year in the bigliest of writing front and centre in that slide?

I know that, it's not hard to see it, they're just using buzz words like faux outrage and trying to gain validation rather than make a valid point.

Earlier on someone pulled bits out of my other post's just to try to make a point, put them all together as I've they were meant to mean something..

I can see the good in Democrats and the Republicans, they're not very different, they both want a stable economy and society.

But as far as I can see it's the left who are trying to drag the Democrats through the mud, mark my word.
    The Democrats will distance themselves from Identity politics and the ultra liberals because they're not helping the situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If posters tried to not behave like a child and cite their sources like an adult, perhaps they'd be taken more seriously

Had several US cities not been trashed, behaviour actively abetted by local democrat mayors and institutions, Trump would have been convicted and he would be gone.

As it is now he is still there, he and his supporters are emboldened, and he is going to run.

That's the be all and end all of it.

nothing done by local politicians would have had any effect on trumps trial. the GOP senators were never going to convict him. they made up their mind before it even started. reality is irrelevant to them.

I just believe in justice that's all.

There ye go again, telling me what I am without even asking first.

But yet the charter suggests otherwise.

Drops the mic...

i asked and you didn't answer. how about you do that?

• Advertisement

If posters tried to not behave like a child and cite their sources like an adult, perhaps they'd be taken more seriously

Maybe you guys should stop piling on and insulting and ridiculing people with opinions other than yours. This place is toxic and it's because of that kind of behaviour.

You call me stupid but I feel like I am back in primary school. Grow up.

Maybe you guys should stop piling on and insulting and ridiculing people with opinions other than yours. This place is toxic and it's because of that kind of behaviour.

if somebody called you stupid you should report the post.

nothing done by local politicians would have had any effect on trumps trial. the GOP senators were never going to convict him. they made up their mind before it even started. reality is irrelevant to them.

I don't think so. They were not asked to do one thing. They were to do two things

1. Act on principle and convict

2. Hold their noses in the face of hypocrisy while they lose their seats

I have zero doubt the first would have been far easier but for the second.

It's impossible ever to know but Democrats did few favors last year.

You stated several times that it was a fact that Democrats doctored evidence. So you should have no problem answering my question.

Nobody has called you stupid, we are just calling you out on your nonsense.

if somebody called you stupid you should report the post.

It's always implied or subtle or underhanded. Or they'll pile on and wind you up and then report. It's a tactic. This place is a ****hole.

You stated several times that it was a fact that Democrats doctored evidence. So you should have no problem answering my question.

Nobody has called you stupid, we are just calling you out on your nonsense.
    those posters don't have the intelligence to formulate their own ideas

Oh no?

It's always implied or subtle or underhanded. Or they'll pile on and wind you up and then report. It's a tactic. This place is a ****hole.

You asked someone for a rigorous debate, and then became a snowflake several times when you were called out on being wrong.

Oh no?

So if someone says you don't have the intelligence to answer a question, that means that they saying that you are stupid does it? There is nothing in between right?

You are fully aware that you can easily prove that that poster is wrong by answering the question right?

I don't think so. They were not asked to do one thing. They were to do two things

1. Act on principle and convict

2. Hold their noses in the face of hypocrisy while they lose their seats

I have zero doubt the first would have been far easier but for the second.

It's impossible ever to know but Democrats did few favors last year.

they were never going to act on principle. to think they might have if local democratic politicians had acted differently is deluded.

• Advertisement

i asked and you didn't answer. how about you do that?

I asked did anyone see the clip ?

It's self explanatory, maybe watch it and your own opinion should be enough

I trust that you have the ability to make up your own mind , after all you're well up in American politics, I'm only an observing layman.

It's hard to make head or tail out of American politics, because both Democrats and Republicans mean well.
    But it seems like the Democrats have been influenced by identity politics, liberals and social justice warriors.

A lot of these liberals and SJWs are out to destroy civilization and looking for equal rights and justice for all, but yet they're not willing to help or work for a living.
    They wake up wondering how they'll get through the day and get offended.
    I know some here in Ireland and they're just sad depressed individuals, white knight types who are not adding anything to society,all they want is to take take take..

And all they need is good therapy an education and a job..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement