Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

More "Both Sides" equivocation bullshit.

No , they wouldn't.

Would you care to give some examples from any other modern democracy where the leader has sought to overthrow the structures of the state to retain power?

Trump is the only one that has tried - That he failed doesn't undermine the seriousness of the attempt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, Christians aren't a race. You're cynically crying racism when it suits your own ends but you'll shriek when actual racism is called out.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Come to think of it, the only ones who go to the extent that Trump did to try and actually achieve that tend to be quite dictator-like.

I'm not going to get bogged down in definitions of dictator, as that's just a rabbithole. As per usual, you're ignoring the actual point which was being made in order to act indignant.

The point isn't whether Trump could have succeeded in becoming a dictator, it's that he tried to subvert a legitimate democratic process and ignore the results of the election through legally spurious reasons and flat out lies in the hopes that if he could delay it past the proposed inauguration date, he could have a claim that he's still President.

He didn't succeed, but he tried. That's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Vanity Fair is offering a narrative not objective fact. The truth is always a bit different.

3 years later and it's a proven fact the fbi is corrupt from falsification of documents to coercion, election meddling to abusing the use of intel gathering equipment over 300,000 times. Not to mention oppressing whistle blowers and denying them of their legal freedoms.

Trust in the fbi is in the gutter because they are a corrupt gutter organization and Trump knew it back in 2020. He was fighting against fascism by clearing out the deep rooted rot and corruption that favours only one party

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Let's see some evidence then. Not a one-liner or a linkdump. Actual evidence.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Talks about a "Narrative" about an article and then claims that it's a "proven fact" that the FBI are corrupt.

If they are corrupt why did Durham fail to find a single illegal act despite investigating for 4 years?

Here's the latest quote from Trump on Schedule F

“Here’s my plan to dismantle the deep state and reclaim our democracy from Washington corruption once and for all, and corruption it is,” he said. “First, I will immediately re-issue my 2020 executive order restoring the president’s authority to remove rogue bureaucrats. And I will wield that power very aggressively. Second, we will clean out all the corrupt actors in our national security and intelligence apparatus, and there are plenty of them.”

And speaking of Whistleblowers , here's what Trump had to say about them.

“We will launch a major crackdown on government leakers who collude with the fake news to deliberately weave false narratives and to subvert our government and our democracy,” Trump said. “When possible, we will pursue criminal charges . . . We will continue the effort launched by the Trump administration to move parts of the sprawling federal bureaucracy to new locations outside the Washington swamp . . . And I mean immediately out of Washington to places filled with patriots who love America, and they really do love America.”

So , yeah.. That sounds like he's planning to be completely objective and not just fire everyone that doesn't kiss his ass and do exactly what he tells them.

Not "dictator-y" at all , no sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The constitution the not a dictator called to be suspended?

How is anything about the statement Racist? Religion isn’t a race, try not to break your neck reacting to nothing so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hold up.

You said..

"the ingredients to undermine & replace the norms of Western Democracy with a dictatorship under his name, were there. 

Have you any idea how ridiculous this sounds?"

This was your post, in response to Trump wishing to be a dictator.

I replied and defined what a dictatorship was.

Your reply here states that

1) he was not a dictator - no one said he was, or more accurately, that he succeeded in becoming one. The poster said that he would if given the chance. That is true.

2) he could not become one given the strength of the constitution - he actively tried to circumvent the constitution. Just because he failed does not mean he did not want to be a dictator.

Therefore, it is not a ridiculous statement.

• Advertisement

“The alliance with Mussolini and the emperor of Japan proves how silly this notion is”

Prove it. When did Democrats push Unitary Executive Theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He would have had us goose stepping in tan suits, eating ketchup on our hotdogs while saluting soldiers with a coffee in our hands lol

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Nope you claimed what you claimed, I simply provided statistics that debunked your claim.

You might want to look up the definition of nitpicking also, it does not mean what you are incorrectly claiming here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You didnt provide statitics that debunked my claim.

He did. You just dumped a load of text from Wikipedia that doesn't remotely substantiate yours.

H. H. Asquith

No he didnt

He quoted a statistic for White Evangelical protestants, thats a subset of Evangelical Christians.

Arguing pedantically as usual.

You said Evangelicals were a race, based on your previous neck breaking retort, now you want to pick them apart? 😹

I see , so its more important that we argue over the exact amount of evangelical Christians in the US.

It matters not that you described a huge amount of people as being about "Selfishness and hatred".

Deflection 101.

• Advertisement

“Deflection 101” says persons shouting racist at clouds.

Her estate is going to bleed his estate dry long after he’s gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

When did I ever say she incited an insurrection?

My original point was that now a precedent has been set in America that the losers in an election can just say that it wasn’t fair or “rigged” in order to save face.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But they are, by their very nature. They are filled with hatred for anyone that doesn't live by their rules. They dress it up as hating the sin, but it amounts to the same thing. They are selfish in that they only care for their rules, without any empathy for the feelings of others.

Not only do they hate other religions, but they also take happiness in their belief that these non-believers will be tortured for all eternity upon the 2nd coming. And many of them look forward to the end times, actively rejoicing in the coming destruction of the world as we know it.

I mean, when you put it down in a few sentences, it really is quite mad that anyone has any time for them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Imagine voting for a person who would send out that tweet.

Your point is wrong. 2016 was the year of Trump encouraging Russian hacking, James Comey reopening the private server investigation just before the election and Cambridge Analytica. Despite all this, Clinton won by 3 million votes but the US' undemocratic system handed the win to the perennial loser.

It's a bit disingenuous to compare Clinton's comments to Trump's insurrection.

H. H. Asquith

It doesn't matter how many of them there are. You've certainly provided nothing constructive on the subject. Instead, it's the usual Trumpster tactics of hysterics and name-calling.

I stand 100% by what I said. Trump is one of the worst human beings ever to hold elected office in the US but he did expose these lying charlatans for what they really are - truly ugly people indeed.

H. H. Asquith

Oh the classified docs case is onto something interesting. They’re now going after his foreign real estate and foreign deals records.

He did love Quid pro quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

The Russian hacking nonsense has been thoroughly debunked. James Comey didn’t reopen the email investigation because he wanted Trump to win, The FBI are meant to be non partisan when it comes to politics, in fact Trump went on to later sack Comey because they had a falling out. On the Cambridge Analytica point, the same could of been said in the 2020 election when big tech platforms suppressed the Hunter Biden laptop story in order to help Joe Biden, this isn’t a case of one side being angels and the other side not. Corruption happens on both aisles of politics in America.

Clinton won by 3 million more votes in terms of the popular vote because high density areas tend to vote Democrat rather than Republican, the electoral college was put in place originally to stop states with higher populations being able to bully smaller ones, for the rights and the wrongs of it that’s the system. Trump won fair and square. Biden won fair and square in the 2020 election.

• Advertisement

Sadly , He'll probably make more in donations from his followers than Carroll will get from a Judge.

She's already been awarded $5M - That's a few days of replies to his bizarre donation emails.

Guaranteed that each of these "truths" go out at the same time as he sends one of his "I'm a super wealthy Billionaire but I'd like you, Mr. Unemployed Factory worker, to send me $20 now(and every month after that unless you remember to un-tick that tiny box we've hidden at the bottom of the page) to pay for the lawyers in my Sexual assault case"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement