Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

So the geniuses here don't think there should be a commission to analyse what happened that day to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Some of you might be surprised to learn that this isn't actually about Trump, as much as he would like to think it is. It has broad support from both sides of the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Faugheen wrote: »
    So the geniuses here don't think there should be a commission to analyse what happened that day to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Why thank you, you really are too kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

She just cant let it go.

She really gives the Democrats a bad name.

Well she helped blow up the Capitol protest to apocryphal levels with the Capitol now effectively under martial law, an image that crashed and burned on national TV with the impeachment trial defence videos (you have to watch them it was hilarious!)
    She and Gavin are now under attack in their own Californian State by the Californian 'Soccer Moms' and other 'liberals' who are now approaching their 1.6 million recall signatures to trigger an election.

A lot of Democrat controlled city councils are now promoting 'refund the police' legislation, so I think the loonies time may be numbered.

But in the mean time she desperately wants a distraction exercise from her own problems that are coming down the road..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

She is mad for blood and power.

The state of her on Saturday, when the impeachment managers were giving their press conference and she came blazing across the room and started ranting and raving.

You seem quite upset about this.

Are you a Trump fan, or a Law and Order fan? Can't be both, as we have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    Well she helped blow up the Capitol protest to apocryphal levels with the Capitol now effectively under martial law, an image that crashed and burned on national TV with the impeachment trial defence videos (you have to watch them it was hilarious!)
    She and Gavin are now under attack in their own Californian State by the Californian 'Soccer Moms' and other 'liberals' who are now approaching their 1.6 million recall signatures to trigger an election.

A lot of Democrat controlled city councils are now promoting 'refund the police' legislation, so I think the loonies time may be numbered.

But in the mean time she desperately wants a distraction exercise from her own problems that are coming down the road..

Utter, utter nonsense.

Trump caused this. You'd wanna be in cloud cuckoo land to think otherwise.

You can believe what you want, but the earth is not flat, Trump is not a genius and wind mills don't give you cancer.

• Advertisement

You seem quite upset about this.

Are you a Trump fan, or a Law and Order fan? Can't be both, as we have seen.

Nancy is the one who is upset, not me .

I'm not a Trump fan but I dont despise him like you and your colleagues do.

I'm not a Trump fan but...

I don't believe you.

Nancy is the one who is upset, not me .

I'm not a Trump fan but I dont despise him like you and your colleagues do.

You're annoyed that they're following proper procedures so a repeat of the attack on the Capitol is not repeated. That's a pretty weird thing to have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

everlast75 wrote: »
    Utter, utter nonsense.

Trump caused this. You'd wanna be in cloud cuckoo land to think otherwise.

You can believe what you want, but the earth is not flat, Trump is not a genius and wind mills don't give you cancer.

That was in the video too!
    Go and watch it, it's on all the main news channels then maybe we can talk about who caused what.

CBS News reader says Democrats lying was OK, Lawyer responds with disbelief
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0G6mAMUAsA

You're annoyed that they're following proper procedures so a repeat of the attack on the Capitol is not repeated. That's a pretty weird thing to have a problem with.

They had their trial and Trump was cleared.

Biden and some Democrats are calling for unity on the one hand yet on the other hand Pelosi and other Democrats want to dance on Trumps political grave.

Its distracting from Bidens term and his presidency and Pelosi could yet make a martyr of Trump if she isnt careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Biden and some Democrats are calling for unity on the one hand yet on the other hand Pelosi and other Democrats want to dance on Trumps political grave.

Its distracting from Bidens term and his presidency and Pelosi could yet make a martyr of Trump if she isnt careful.

You have a problem with them studying the attack in order to ensure it doesn't happen again and no lives are lost? Very strange position for a reasonable adult to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

An outside independent 9/11 type investigation.

Where does she get off honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I guess send people really do want to see history repeat itself.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Jesus, people are pretty upset about this.
    Must say I find that very very interesting.

I'm guessing it is out of concern as to how Donald will come out of this, am I correct? I mean, I know most people think he is guilty already, is that it, annoyance that this will significantly derail future plans?

It has bi-partisan support, do you understand what this means? Again, it's very odd that you have an issue with an investigation into an attack that claimed 5 lives. Says a lot about you.

Jesus, people are pretty upset about this.
    Must say I find that very very interesting.

I'm guessing it is out of concern as to how Donald will come out of this, am I correct? I mean, I know most people think he is guilty already, is that it, annoyance that this will significantly derail future plans?

Indeed, same posters were declaring what a great week this was for him. Now all of a sudden, they're up in arms about an investigation. Seeing that he's innocent according to them, he should have nothing to worry about, right?

I guess send people really do want to see history repeat itself.

The only history that will repest itself is a Trump as president of the United States in 2024 if they don't stop this nonsense.

They should be ashamed of themselves to be holding the capitol riot in the same light as 9/11.

With the nursing home death carry on and now insulting new yorkers with comparing the riot with 9/11 are they trying to hand trump the 2024 election?

They can't let go of their blind hatred for trump even when they are in power and control the senate the lot its still trump on their tounge and mind.

What's wrong with them they are playing into trumps hands at every turn.

Long may it continue.

This is nothing to do with Trump.

Jesus Christ, the ultimate victim complex among all the Trump supporters here.

It has nothing to do with him. The attack on the Capitol happened whether you believe Trump incited it or not. This is to prevent such an attack (whether incited by Trump or anybody else) from happening again.

Get over yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Well Melanie has most lightly left him already, he has a string of litigations to deal with which will keep him more than busy, then there is his age and obesity so in all I think he will just fade away

It has nothing to do with him. The attack on the Capitol happened whether you believe Trump incited it or not. This is to prevent such an attack (whether incited by Trump or anybody else) from happening again.

Get over yourselves.

This is a Donald trump thread it should always be about Donald trump.

I will not be bickering with you as requested by the mod earleir today.

I have expressed my opinion if you don't like it you dont like it but bicker with someone else.

• Advertisement

The only history that will repest itself is a Trump as president of the United States in 2024 if they don't stop this nonsense.

They should be ashamed of themselves to be holding the capitol riot in the same light as 9/11.

With the nursing home death carry on and now insulting new yorkers with comparing the riot with 9/11 are they trying to hand trump the 2024 election?

They can't let go of their blind hatred for trump even when they are in power and control the senate the lot its still trump on their tounge and mind.

Your first 4 sentences completely disagree with the final sentence.

I think this is excellent. A chance to find out just who was at the meeting at the Trump hotel on the evening before aside from Don Jr, Eric, Flynn, Giuliani, Lewendowski, Michael Lindell, Kimerbley Guilfoyle amongst others.
    What Roger Stone was doing being surrounded by members of a militia group on the morning of the 6th.
    Was Alex Jones in conversation with someone inside the Trump circle before the speech?

Lots of questions need to be answered. Trumps defense team told us at the weekend that an investigation like this is what should have happened. They must be delighted.

Very dumb take. Nobody compared them, it's called a "9/11 style " commission.

What's wrong with who? Democrats and Republicans both support the investigation so who do you have a problem with here exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Long may it continue.

What does this have to do with trump? He was cleared.

Unless you think he DID have something to do with it, why do you think trying to stop it from happening again world be a bad idea?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Do you think that what happened that day should be repeated every four years?

This is a Donald trump thread it should always be about Donald trump.

I will not be bickering with you as requested by the mod earleir today.

I have expressed my opinion if you don't like it you dont like it but bicker with someone else.

I know this is the Donald Trump thread, and that isn’t what I am saying.

This commission isn’t about him. You are factually incorrect to make any correlation unless you think he’s actually guilty.

This is about preventing what happened at the Capitol from happening again.

Does him being acquitted suddenly mean that the Capitol event never happened? No, it doesn’t. It still happened whether you believe Trump incited it or if you believe he didn’t. Are you trying to deny that the Capitol riot ever happened? If you’re not, then you’ve no reason to think that a commission to make sure it doesn’t happen again shouldn’t take place.

Like I said, victim complex. Everything has to be about Trump. Well this isn’t. For some bizarre reason the Trump supporters are trying to make it about him.

I know this is the Donald Trump thread, and that isn’t what I am saying.

This commission isn’t about him. You are factually incorrect to make any correlation unless you think he’s actually guilty.

This is about preventing what happened at the Capitol from happening again.

Does him being acquitted suddenly mean that the Capitol event never happened? No, it doesn’t. It still happened whether you believe Trump incited it or if you believe he didn’t. Are you trying to deny that the Capitol riot ever happened? If you’re not, then you’ve no reason to think that a commission to make sure it doesn’t happen again shouldn’t take place.

Like I said, victim complex. Everything has to be about Trump. Well this isn’t. For some bizarre reason the Trump supporters are trying to make it about him.

Of course!

While accusing everyone else of being a "snowflake", Trump is what he accuses others to be.

Any perceived disagreement is taken to heart and made a vendetta. Writing letters to the Actors' guild - wtf is that all about lol

He accuses others of being biased against him, unless they worship the ground he walks on. They are RINOs you see! He's like Henry Sellers - "I AM the GOP!"

In this election alone,
    1) He and his cronies launched over 60 court cases and were ****ed out of it by all judges
    2) He had the full weight on the incumbency behind him running for re-election 3) the control of the postal service
    4) violated the Hatch Act dozens of times in order try and gain an unfair advantage
    5) used the White House to campaign when no predecessor had done so because it was deemed to be unfair
    6) He exerted pressure on multiple US officials to stop them declaring the truth - that he lost, including his own VP
    7) He used congress approved funds as leverage to try and have a foreign Country interfere in the US election (for which he was impeached in what was then the most unpartisan vote in history)

but still complained that it was rigged against him.

Boo-hoo. ****ing man child.

And here we go again. "Trump is the victim". We will here the spinning wheel of BS terms, such as "witch hunt", "a fix", "Crazy Nancy" blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

Change the record ffs.

It is sort of funny, for groups that mocked terms like "triggered" and "cancel culture". Certain posters seem mightily triggered over developing a complete understanding of what happened on January 6th... Also they seem desperate to cancel Pelosi for doing her job. Tried to do the same with Psaki too last week. Seem rather guilty of the things that they object to...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

What's wrong with who? Democrats and Republicans both support the investigation so who do you have a problem with here exactly?

For Trump and his fans, the Republicans who betray him are worse than the Democrats. He will spend the rest of his days attacking them.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Get over yourselves.

You're absolutely right, because if a grown adult cannot make their own decisions and it's put out there to blame another adult for the someone else's decisions.

It's giving power to one individual and taking power from the other.

So in effect saying that Trump has the power to influence people, is in a way suggesting he's powerful.
    And it undermines the person who couldn't make up their own mind.

If you present yourself to a therapist and say, I can't stop doing what someone else suggests, and it's making my life quite difficult.
    Last week I trashed the local community playground, because someone else suggested it..

The therapist will say, well we'll have to sit down and talk about this.

Blaming trump for other people's thugish behaviour is just ridiculous and undermines people's ability to make responsible decisions.

And in a way it makes Trump look powerful and magical.

The same can be said for blaming the Democrats for the SJW thug's and rag tags....

And thankfully the Democrats are starting to distance themselves from the SJWs and their disgusting behaviour.
    And about time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

iagreebut wrote: »
    You're absolutely right, because if a grown adult cannot make their own decisions and it's put out there to blame another adult for the someone else's decisions.

It's giving power to one individual and taking power from the other.

So in effect saying that Trump has the power to influence people, is in a way suggesting he's powerful.
    And it undermines the person who couldn't make up their own mind.

If you present yourself to a therapist and say, I can't stop doing what someone else suggests, and it's making my life quite difficult.
    Last week I trashed the local community playground, because someone else suggested it..

The therapist will say, well we'll have to sit down and talk about this.

Blaming trump for other people's thugish behaviour is just ridiculous and undermines people's ability to make responsible decisions.

And in a way it makes Trump look powerful and magical.

The same can be said for blaming the Democrats for the SJW thug's and rag tags....

And thankfully the Democrats are starting to distance themselves from the SJWs and their disgusting behaviour.
    And about time too.

You seem to be assuming Trump caused this.

An investigation is to find out what happened, why what worked, what failed and lessons to be learnt.

Since some GOP house members don't even want metal detectors then a wider understanding is certainly required.

There are serious questions to answer in regards to the security response, why they were so quickly overrun, where was the backup, why it took do long to regain control, why the rioters were allowed to simply walk away, why some police appear to help the rioters, certainly not stopping them, why were house members sending out messages which appear to help the rioters.

Why was the security services caught so off guard? Could the same happen again? What about state capitals?

So many questions to be answered and you want to swept under the carpet because you are worried that Trump might come out less than perfect?

There is no rational reason not to want a proper investigation. That you fear that Trump mat get some blame seems the main reason you are against this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement