Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

iagreebut wrote: »
    You're absolutely right, because if a grown adult cannot make their own decisions and it's put out there to blame another adult for the someone else's decisions.

It's giving power to one individual and taking power from the other.

So in effect saying that Trump has the power to influence people, is in a way suggesting he's powerful.
    And it undermines the person who couldn't make up their own mind.

If you present yourself to a therapist and say, I can't stop doing what someone else suggests, and it's making my life quite difficult.
    Last week I trashed the local community playground, because someone else suggested it..

The therapist will say, well we'll have to sit down and talk about this.

Blaming trump for other people's thugish behaviour is just ridiculous and undermines people's ability to make responsible decisions.

And in a way it makes Trump look powerful and magical.

The same can be said for blaming the Democrats for the SJW thug's and rag tags....

And thankfully the Democrats are starting to distance themselves from the SJWs and their disgusting behaviour.
    And about time too.

Except incitement is one of the few exceptions under US freedom of speech so it is recognized as a crime. Also, it's pretty easy to reapply your statement to Charles Manson...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

You're absolutely right, because if a grown adult cannot make their own decisions and it's put out there to blame another adult for the someone else's decisions.

So in effect saying that Trump has the power to influence people, is in a way suggesting he's powerful.

If you present yourself to a therapist and say, I can't stop doing what someone else suggests, and it's making my life quite difficult.
    Last week I trashed the local community playground, because someone else suggested it..

The therapist will say, well we'll have to sit down and talk about this.

Blaming trump for other people's thugish behaviour is just ridiculous and undermines people's ability to make responsible decisions.

And in a way it makes Trump look powerful and magical.

The same can be said for blaming the Democrats for the SJW thug's and rag tags....

And thankfully the Democrats are starting to distance themselves from the SJWs and their disgusting behaviour.
    And about time too.

And if someone kills a key witness on a mob bosses say so then both still considered to have committed a crime... Indeed I am not sure Hitler and Stalin killed that many personally but again are rightly considered responsible for what they ordered their supporters to do.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You seem to be assuming Trump caused this.

An investigation is to find out what happened, why what worked, what failed and lessons to be learnt.

Since some GOP house members don't even want metal detectors then a wider understanding is certainly required.

There are serious questions to answer in regards to the security response, why they were so quickly overrun, where was the backup, why it took do long to regain control, why the rioters were allowed to simply walk away, why some police appear to help the rioters, certainly not stopping them, why were house members sending out messages which appear to help the rioters.

Why was the security services caught so off guard? Could the same happen again? What about state capitals?

So many questions to be answered and you want to swept under the carpet because you are worried that Trump might come out less than perfect?

There is no rational reason not to want a proper investigation. That you fear that Trump mat get some blame seems the main reason you are against this.

Can you point out where I suggested that Trump is to blame for this ?

Christy42 wrote: »
    And if someone kills a key witness on a mob bosses say so then both still considered to have committed a crime... Indeed I am not sure Hitler and Stalin killed that many personally but again are rightly considered responsible for what they ordered their supporters to do.

While you're at it you may as well blame Metallica and Iron maiden for head injuries caused by head banging...

Hitler and Stalin are quite different from Trump, they had no problems sending in troops to shoot,kill and torture people.
    And had no problems admitting it either.

So you're post has fallen flat on its face.

Your post is like the kind of reporting the rags indulge in, going straight for the worst possible scenario for impact and a flashy cover..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

While you're at it you may as well blame Metallica and Iron maiden for head injuries caused by head banging...

Possibly the worst analogy I've read in my entire time on boards.... and that's saying something.

• Advertisement

She just cant let it go.

She really gives the Democrats a bad name.

I seem to wake up to weirder arguments every morning. :pac:

Republicans of all people should want this commission. If you believe that it indeed wasn't incited by Trump, then you should want a Commission to be set up to explain how and why it in fact happened.

Some examples of questions that need to be answered:
    • Why was the Capitol Security team so unprepared?
    • Why did the National Guard respond so slowly?
    • Why were the panic buttons removed from the desks of members of Congress?
    • Why was the National Guard limited in its power to act by the Pentagon just days before the insurrection?
    • Which legislators authorized all the tours and who was in those tours in the days before the storming?
    • Who funds the various paramilitary militias who participated?
    • Who are the people making up the QAnon stories and who is funding them?

Both democrats and republicans alike should want to find answers to those questions. And if you're concerned about using up congressional resources, let's not forget that the Benzhagi commission was both longer and more expensive than the 9/11 Commission, the commission on JFK's assassination and the commission on Pearl Harbour among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

everlast75 wrote: »

Now now, Ronny had a point

Trump was very successful!

He succeeded at being impeached more than anyone.

He succeeded at being the worst president in the history of the US.

He succeeded at being the most decisive president ever.

And of course he succeeded at losing to a man he himself had named "sleepy Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It is 100% a cult. It's in Jim Jones cult territory at this stage.

Possibly the worst analogy I've read in my entire time on boards.... and that's saying something.

What's that got to do with the discussion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hitler and Stalin are quite different from Trump, they had no problems sending in troops to shoot,kill and torture people.

Your post is like the kind of reporting the rags indulge in, going straight for the worst possible scenario for impact and a flashy cover..
    What's that got to do with the discussion ?

we could ask the same question about your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Then the argument could be made that incitement isn't even a crime in the first place. Even if Trump did shout, "go storm the Capitol!" he's innocent because other people carried out the act.

It would also legalise abusive sects and cults.

Trump was powerful. He was president of the US. It's the most powerful political position on the planet. But laws are there to protect the vulnerable - even from those who make said laws.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

Indeed they didn't have any issues sending in troops. However shouldn't the troops have been able to think for themselves! I note you ignore the mob boss and Manson analogy. What about Osama? He definitely didn't fly a plane himself, those highjackers should have thought for themselves.

In reality both those carrying out the orders and those giving them are at fault.

I am not sure head banging is as dangerous as an armed insurrection so that definitely falls flat. Maybe blame Mr Rogers for people slipping in their socks after they take their shoes off!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can you point out where I suggested that Trump is to blame for this ?

You brought up Trump in a way to argue against an independent investigation.

You are worried that Trump will be blamed.

What other reason do you have to be worried about an investigation? Are you worried that the Major might be found to have taken too long to act?

AS others have pointed out, there are a myriad of questions that need to be answered, many of which may have nothing to do with Trump.

I can only surmise that anyone who doesn't want an investigation has some motive as to why they think it shouldn't be investigated. Your post and posting history would lead one to assume that you feel that this is just another way to attack Trump, rather than seeing as something that can aid the state.

we could ask the same question about your post.

Who is we ?

Are you using multiple profiles, for or are you suggesting that there's a we and you thing going on ?

Christy42 wrote: »
    Indeed they didn't have any issues sending in troops. However shouldn't the troops have been able to think for themselves! I note you ignore the mob boss and Manson analogy. What about Osama? He definitely didn't fly a plane himself, those highjackers should have thought for themselves.

In reality both those carrying out the orders and those giving them are at fault.

I am not sure head banging is as dangerous as an armed insurrection so that definitely falls flat. Maybe blame Mr Rogers for people slipping in their socks after they take their shoes off!

If the troops thought for themselves, they would get the bullet for not following order's.

As for Osama he had similar people to himself on his side with extreme ideologies, he had a network of jihadis and lot's of support coming from a predominantly Sunni salafist background, trying to equate the problems in America with the whole 911 atrocities.
    If you know anything about the wahabbis and the salafist background, you'd know the difference between the American situation and the middle east scenario.

I know nothing about this Manson you describe, why do you throw in all these people into the discussion without they having nothing to do with the original post ???

Have you a notion of how ridiculous you're post was.

So you're telling me that my anology is ridiculous, well yours trump's mine off the scale...

Equating the problems in America with the problems in the middle East...

There's a great book by Robert Fisk

it's called " The great war for civilization"

It'll educate you on the middle east, it's a good read, very informative.

And it'll explain how the power struggles in the middle east is different from America...

Might as well drop the mic here, because this thread is getting ridiculous debating with people who haven't a clue...

So long SJWs and Liberals...

You have the room..

Byeeee now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Who is we ?

Are you using multiple profiles, for or are you suggesting that there's a we and you thing going on ?

we as in other posters. I would have thought that was clear and unambiguous. if you have concerns that i am you using multiple profiles feel free to report me. you will be disappointed.

If the troops thought for themselves, they would get the bullet for not following order's.

More likely court-martial, but even so...

... thus would suggest they deserve it for not making their own decisions.

So we're still back to the paradox: giving orders to carry out an illegal act both is and is not a crime. Asimov's laws of robotics might come into play here, but then we're in danger of saying people are little more than robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Of course!

While accusing everyone else of being a "snowflake", Trump is what he accuses others to be.

Any perceived disagreement is taken to heart and made a vendetta. Writing letters to the Actors' guild - wtf is that all about lol

He accuses others of being biased against him, unless they worship the ground he walks on. They are RINOs you see! He's like Henry Sellers - "I AM the GOP!"

In this election alone,
    1) He and his cronies launched over 60 court cases and were ****ed out of it by all judges
    2) He had the full weight on the incumbency behind him running for re-election 3) the control of the postal service
    4) violated the Hatch Act dozens of times in order try and gain an unfair advantage
    5) used the White House to campaign when no predecessor had done so because it was deemed to be unfair
    6) He exerted pressure on multiple US officials to stop them declaring the truth - that he lost, including his own VP
    7) He used congress approved funds as leverage to try and have a foreign Country interfere in the US election (for which he was impeached in what was then the most unpartisan vote in history)

but still complained that it was rigged against him.

Boo-hoo. ****ing man child.

And here we go again. "Trump is the victim". We will here the spinning wheel of BS terms, such as "witch hunt", "a fix", "Crazy Nancy" blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

Change the record ffs.

It's gas.

Everything is over and done with, but I am still amazed at how someone like that could get to the highest office in any country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dublin49

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's gas.

Everything is over and done with, but I am still amazed at how someone like that could get to the highest office in any country.

Unfortunately not even surprising,look at the UK,everybody told the electorate that Johnston was unsuitable for power,even Gove couldnt bring himself to endorse him and yet he has a whooping majority.Given what Hitler did with a so called democratic state nothing should ever be a surprise ,when you mix electoral ignorance / prejudice with charisma anything can happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Change the record ffs.

Says the guy whose post history for the last 3 years consists of nothing but lambasting Trump.
    6000 posts on Trump.
    We get it you don't like Trump.

Says the guy whose post history for the last 3 years consists of nothing but lambasting Trump.
    6000 posts on Trump.

It is a pity you didn't read some more of them. Perhaps you would have been brought around to the idea that he really is the thick, manipulative and incompetent narcissist people say he is, instead of attacking everyone who criticises him.

6000 posts on Trump.

The overwhelming majority of your posts are in the soccer forum. Something people like to chat about grown men kicking a ball about and collapsing in agony when tapped on the shoulder, others like to chat about the awful things a narcissist has done to a whole country.

To each their own.

So long SJWs and Liberals...

You have the room..

Byeeee now

I have never come across anyone who uses the term SJW or the word liberal (in a pejorative way) who doesn't come across as extremely angry! What is that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It is a pity you didn't read some more of them. Perhaps you would have been brought around to the idea that he really is the thick, manipulative and incompetent narcissist people say he is, instead of attacking everyone who criticises him.

I dont attack everyone who criticises him.
    I dont need to read all your posts, I have been bombarded by anti Trump propaganda for the last 5 years.
    I've grown weary of it.

He is a narcissist without doubt and he is pretty thick both physically and mentally.
    He certainly isnt a stable genius like he professes.

He is manipulative but then again so are most politicians.
    Incompetent, in some cases yes.

It's amazing how many people on this thread spend a lot of trying to prove lies they don't agree with and defending a guy they claim they don't even like...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It is 100% a cult. It's in Jim Jones cult territory at this stage.

North Korean territory I would put it

https://youtube.com/watch?v=20kRv_jW7-E

I dont attack everyone who criticises him.
    You appear to here. And rather than challenge my point, you made a lazy swipe at my interest in American Politics.
    I dont need to read all your posts, I have been bombarded by anti Trump propaganda for the last 5 years.
    That's your choice.
    He is a narcissist without doubt
    Agreed
    he is pretty thick both physically and mentally.
    Agreed
    He certainly isnt a stable genius like he professes.
    Agreed
    Incompetent, in some cases yes.
    Agreed
    He is manipulative but then again so are most politicians.
    And yet you are, trotting out the "He may be X, Y, and Z.....but".

There is no example of a modern day 1st World country leader who can compare to Trump, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way.

He is all things people accuse him of, and more.

There is no "but".

He was an existential threat to american and world democracy. What we know he has done is enough to factually state that, but as ever, there is plenty more to come out.

It is truly shocking how close he came to a 2nd term.

Everyone who followed him gave him multiple passes on his egregious behaviour and if he had of gotten a second term, he would have pulled the place even further apart.

And so, while I agree with most of what you called him, whether you believe it or not, or care, there is no "but" IMHO.

• Advertisement

It might explain a few things however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement