Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I don't understand how that makes it better. And are you saying that now that Trump has left office, his supporters have forgotten about him? Or will the majority continue to defend him until he dies, just like a football team?

I'm saying that logic and peoples beliefs usually have very little to do with which football team they follow.
    I follow Man Utd because my father did, as he lived in Manchester in the late 60's.
    Alot of people pick a team because its successful or because they play good football.

Politics is different.
    Trump left the Paris agreement. If people don't get angry at such people being elected into such a powerful position, such people will continue to be elected into office and that can have detrimental effects on the world as a whole, including on us and our future generations. That alone makes me it understandable to be angry about compared to a Liverpool fan being angry when Man Utd win, because it actually affects people's lives.

Didn't you say you had a similar hatred of Kyle Griffin just a day or two ago anyway?

Its one thing to be angry but being perpetually outraged and condescending towards the views of others is something different.

Regarding Kyle Griffin I didnt express hatred.
    I said he was "a biased hack who suffers from TDS" and that "Griffin has a track record for misleading tweets" which he does.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kyle-griffin-russia-trump-biden-china-iran
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/nbc-vaccine-tweet/
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-producer-kyle-griffin-trump-chokeholds

Lots more instances out there if you look.

I need a break from this thread now but I will pop back in to see how things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

everlast75 wrote: »

Aren't the US media just beyond dramatic and over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

IN fairness, she's just one person on person on Twitter. And while I admittedly don't have a Twitter account, I am of the opionn that most people on it are beyond dramatic and over the top.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

IN fairness, she's just one person on person on Twitter. And while I admittedly don't have a Twitter account, I am of the opionn that most people on it are beyond dramatic and over the top.

Have you ever watched American news programmes? They are beyond dramatic and over the top.

Just look at all the graphics on CNN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes.

Melodramatic also disengenious, hypocritical and deceitful.
    Have you ever watched American news programmes? They are beyond dramatic and over the top.

CNN is unwatchable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »

One thing is for certain - For the GOP to have any hope of gaining ground in 2022 and beyond , one side or the other needs a decisive victory before Primary season kicks off next Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Mitch had the opportunity to further delegitimise Trump. He didn't take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

Anyone know the odds on Trump being re-elected? I might 50 on it if the odds are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Anyone know the odds on Trump being re-elected? I might 50 on it if the odds are good.

Be careful. Lots of people here lost their shirt on him last November. Couldn't even afford internet it looks like because they disappeared immediately after he was beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump brought around a lot of peace in middle east, and created endless jobs, and a booming economy. He could have been a President for all, if he wanted that. Like I mentioned before, he was so so far left before he ran, he didn't even know who to run for. He chose Republican party, then suddenly became some country dancing cowboy loving red neck. It was all a means to an end. He was wining and dining with the Clintons before he ran.
    But he done a lot of good as president, pretty incredible that countries with endless money were not paying USA for their protection, he put an end to that.
    Saw North Korea for what it was, just a paranoid country, he basically told them you have nothing to fear, and became friendly with them. Put China in their place, again how they were flooding USA with tat for years i'll never know. Didn't engage with Russia, no deals there, despite the fact '' putin was his best friend' ,all silly, he was not afraid to knock russia.
    Russia has border with North Korea, but I've never seen anyone knock their ongoing meetings .
    Russia never gave back Sakhalin Island to Japan, that's wrong. They love to land grab, bit by bit Russia grows

The tweet was played for Trump's comments, not the author.

Anyhoo..

https://twitter.com/wcbs880/status/1361812088952414209?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

I said he was "a biased hack who suffers from TDS" and that "Griffin has a track record for misleading tweets" which he does.

Lots more instances out there if you look.

I need a break from this thread now but I will pop back in to see how things are going.
    Posting links from Foxnews doesn't credit one.. but discredits one. Fox news is a Far Right propaganda channel. Just like any other of the Murdoch media

Trump brought around a lot of peace in middle east, and created endless jobs, and a booming economy. He could have been a President for all, if he wanted that. Like I mentioned before, he was so so far left before he ran, he didn't even know who to run for. He chose Republican party, then suddenly became some country dancing cowboy loving red neck. It was all a means to an end. He was wining and dining with the Clintons before he ran.
    But he done a lot of good as president, pretty incredible that countries with endless money were not paying USA for their protection, he put an end to that.
    Saw North Korea for what it was, just a paranoid country, he basically told them you have nothing to fear, and became friendly with them. Put China in their place, again how they were flooding USA with tat for years i'll never know. Didn't engage with Russia, no deals there, despite the fact '' putin was his best friend' ,all silly, he was not afraid to knock russia.
    Russia has border with North Korea, but I've never seen anyone knock their ongoing meetings .
    Russia never gave back Sakhalin Island to Japan, that's wrong. They love to land grab, bit by bit Russia grows

All of this is demonstrably false.

It is what the White House, Fox et al put out there, but none of it is true.

I'm saying that logic and peoples beliefs usually have very little to do with which football team they follow.
    I follow Man Utd because my father did, as he lived in Manchester in the late 60's.
    Alot of people pick a team because its successful or because they play good football.

Politics is different.

Is it really? Don't the majority of people support the same political party as their parents? To many people here, people's devotion to Trump is no different to people's devotion to a religion, and many people choose a religion based on what religion their parents are, what the major religion is in their community etc.
    Its one thing to be angry but being perpetually outraged and condescending towards the views of others is something different.

Not to generalise too much, but the overwhelming opinions and "facts" by people who have shown their admiration for Trump in this thread can be proven false by five seconds of Googling. It may seem harsh to some, but if they are not going to bother to do that quick Google search before posting their "gotcha!" moment, then some would argue that a condescending tone is warranted.

I agree that the third one is misleading, but I don't see how the other two are? For the vaccine, isn't he quoting Dr. Rick Bright who said a vaccine was 12-18 months away back in May? And the other one seems to be a copy paste of a headline?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In a statement that will surprise nobody, Trump has turned on McConnell bigly

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1361795296590770176

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

In a statement that will surprise nobody, Trump has turned on McConnell bigly

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1361795296590770176

Have to laugh at the quote "The Democrats and Chuck Schumer will play McConnell like a fiddle"

Its been the other way round for the past 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not very often. They tend to be biased towards one side of the other and offer very little useful information.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just because you dislike the presentation, doesn't mean you can discredit the facts presented. Shoot the message not the messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

"..his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill and personality"

Classic projection by Trump. You are everything I actually am. He is truly a case study in narcissistic personality disorder. If Trump had a modicum of those traits he'd still be President.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

valoren wrote: »
    "..his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill and personality"

Classic projection by Trump. You are everything I actually am. He is truly a case study in narcissistic personality disorder. If Trump had a modicum of those traits he'd still be President.

McConnell is lacking an awful lot of things that might make him a decent human being , but Political insight and skill are not an area of weakness for him.

That man is Machiavelli reborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Be careful. Lots of people here lost their shirt on him last November. Couldn't even afford internet it looks like because they disappeared immediately after he was beaten.
    Yeah I remember some Trumpist boasting he'd won a small fortune when Trump first got elected...Brought his family to Roscommon for xmas(What a fukking treat I'd say that was ).
    Sadly no xmas holiday last year and as you mention probably has no internet due to betting again on that turd of a human.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭yagan

Trump will attack the GOP from now on because he needs total alignment to have a hope at a rerun, or to launch Eric.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Just because you dislike the presentation, doesn't mean you can discredit the facts presented. Shoot the message not the messenger

I didn't discredit the facts. I discredit the media in America in general. It's appalling. CNN has been in the gutter since the 90s.

They are part of the problem of creating tension and drama, when often there doesn't need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I didn't discredit the facts. I discredit the media in America in general. It's appalling. CNN has been in the gutter since the 90s.

They are part of the problem of creating tension and drama, when often there doesn't need to be.

Fine, so listen to the media in the rest of the world. None of them have good things to say about Trump. He is a liar, a bully, it is obvious to everyone that he bears the majority of the responsibility for the events of 6th January.

He has never accepted the result, and never apologised for him whipping up of the conspiracy theory.

Do you simply discount all media?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yagan wrote: »
    Trump will attack the GOP from now on because he needs total alignment to have a hope at a rerun, or to launch Eric.

...launch him into orbit hopefully!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Fine, so listen to the media in the rest of the world. None of them have good things to say about Trump. He is a liar, a bully, it is obvious to everyone that he bears the majority of the responsibility for the events of 6th January.

He has never accepted the result, and never apologised for him whipping up of the conspiracy theory.

Do you simply discount all media?

I feel that the media industry and culture in America produced Trump. CNN gave him disproportionate publicity in 2015 because they realised (correctly) that he was good for ratings.

I shudder to think what other nut case they'll focus on in the future for ratings.

So I always fail to understand the defence of US media. It's clearly part of the problem.

Even on quiet days, CNN spent hours and hours talking about Trump. It was disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,559 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I feel that the media industry and culture in America produced Trump. CNN gave him disproportionate publicity in 2015 because they realised (correctly) that he was good for ratings.

I shudder to think what other nut case they'll focus on in the future for ratings.

So I always fail to understand the defence of US media. It's clearly part of the problem.

Even on quiet days, CNN spent hours and hours talking about Trump. It was disgraceful.

So did Fox MSNBC, CSpan and all of the other networks, yet you constantly single out CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Objectively speaking, EVERY news outlet rattled on and on about Trump. CNN did not act in a singularity.

The very fact that you are singling out CNN shows an extreme bias that just destroys any goodwill you may receive to your basic point.

Your slant makes you a dishonest messenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sorry, not sure what point you are now trying to make. Your original point was that CNN was a disaster. That is what I replied to and you ignored any of my points yet quoted my anyway.

Again, fine if you think CNN is not a reliable news source, but then you also have to disregard almost every other reliable news source in the world and limit yourself to known unreliable sources like Fox to get to the narrative that the entire media is somehow all in a big conspiracy to keep Trump down.

This despite your new point that actually said media played a massive role in Trump getting to the point he got in the first place.

The reason they talked about Trump so much was there was simply so much to talk about. I know Trump supporters love simply moving on from the latest news to the next one, but others like to build up a comprehensive understanding and that means Trump constant tweets, uturns, failures, fights with his own parties, siding with Putin etc etc need to be talked about.

I get it that it is annoying when people won't simply forget about the previous errors and mistakes and instead want to only focus on the health care plan that is coming int he next few weeks, but since Trump really did so little of much note throughout his 4 years in office then of course the media are going to talk about previous stories.

They have to make money as well, just as Trump continually goes on and on about whatever slight he feels needs to be rehashed at every opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement