Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Trump makes it all about him who'd of thunk it😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How terrible must it have looked the right way round for them to instead had it back to front and hanging downwards.

Isn't it a sign of distress for a boat to fly their flag upside down?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Isn't there some fashion rule for stripes? Vertical makes you thinner/taller and Horizontal makes you look shorter/fatter?

I'd ask the Mrs but if I wake her to check she may well stab me 😛

The legal pedant in me actually wonders if Trump may actually be in violation of flag code in defacing the US flag🤔 or if? In a moment of legal genius? He has mangled the flag just enough for it not to be the US flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Why didn't Trump get remanded into custody, if he's a threat to US democracy and conspired to derail it is he allowed back in the campaign trail?

Considering the amount of felonies and charges he has racked up against him, as well as being a convicted (in civil court lol) sex predator is he allowed out?

How come considering how DANGEROUS he is, was he allowed to continue to conspire and fester in Florida when he transferred power and stepped down like a total fascist madman on time, is his hate allowed to be broadcast and further INFLAME his violent base?

His planes should be impounded at least and all his properties searched for Super Secret Documents We Can't See Because Reasons But Trust Us!

He could fly to Moscow and piss on prostitutes at any point?!?

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭francois

He's at the finding out stage of fùcking about

https://twitter.com/Brandi_Buchman/status/1687913447386746881?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

A poll is irrelevant, we've had multiple grand juries that support prosecuting him. He's not being accused of minor crimes, they're literally one step short of sedition.

In relation to Smith, so you've written him off based on the two cases that the right have latched onto. Rather than considering the entirety of his career and his overall success rate? You've implied previously that judicial overreach is Smith's Modus Operandi so the logical conclusion is he engaged in the same for the war crime cases and all his successful corruption cases. And that's where the argument falls apart. You can't imply a pattern of overreach when he doesn't actually have such a pattern.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

We say that, but what if it's as simple as Graham bring exactly as snivelling and shameless as he presents in public? That he is, ultimately, just a career toadie and makes no attempt to hide it? The guy knows how American politics works and understood that whiplash loyalties won't get punished by a notedly, aggressively undereducated voter base.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lindsey Graham is just a Milhouse and Trump is his Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I remember looking into that before. Back in the day, Graham was apparently close friends with John McCain and used to go on diplomatic trips with Hillary Clinton, who considered him a friend. Something bad has happened to Lindsey. Either that, or Trump has some serious dirt on him that he's scared of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,370 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The article quoted is from 14th June, the 'according to the poll' link produces a list of Fox News articles, one of which is that article posted, hardly 'proof'. An independent search of Isos polls does show the number quoted to be correct.

A direct search for more recent Ipsos polls is here https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-and-events/news. Interestingly this poll: https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/abc-news-trump-indictment-january-6 says that while 38% of Republicans think the charges are serious, only 14% think he should be charged with a crime.

While the question about whether the charges are serious is extremely ambiguous, it seems to demonstrate that Republicans overall are more caught up in the cult of personality than actual politics or integrity or the well-being of the country, and overall that Americans have a dismal understanding of politics, their own voting system and government, or any awareness of critical thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plus, whether or not people think Trump should be indicted, or if the indictments are politically motivated, does not matter.

His actions warranted investigations. Those investigations found evidence of illegality. Those illegal actions warranted criminal charges.

Public opinion does not matter in this regard. Polls are irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wasn't responding to the question of guilt, I was responding to the posters theory that the charges were politically motivated.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Posting this as it's relevant to MAGA supporters...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Isn't there some fashion rule for stripes? Vertical makes you thinner/taller and Horizontal makes you look shorter/fatter?

Yes that is correct.

All it makes Trump look like do is the Clown that he is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

*Pedantry Alert*

The presentation of the flag in his avatar is actually in line with the US flag code for vertical display: “When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left.”

(if one interprets ‘wall’ as any physical vertical surface)

Source: https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html/amp

Whether digitally portraying the flag painted or projected on the mug of an ignorant, self-serving, lying, misogynistic, narcissistic rapist for the purposes of fooling idiots that he’s some sort of patriot conforms to the code may be another matter.

That country has more laws and protections about the flag than for employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before Trump jumps back on Twitter to get Musk to cover his legal bills.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And no mandatory annual leave for employees either. Like, literally 0.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

He probably means on X and mot on Twitter as he was called before so really not that far back one can go. Of course I could be wrong and he could mean from anytime in the last decade in that case that's could be a lot of legals bills he could end up funding.

Be interesting to see how many take up his offer.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Because that's Twitter right now: flush with cash to spend on malcontents fired for what they think was prejudice over their shítty tweets (spoiler: it's never just about that one tweet, Chad) 🤷🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Does that include the staff Musk had sacked from twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

I'd say the offer is as serious as his other promises in relation to the application.

But in saying that he has spent a lot of time having accounts that share pedophilia, race supremacy and other views that violate the rules of the platform reinstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It looks like not one poster on here thinks that the charges are politically motivated.

That tells me everything I need to know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Maybe if someone made a cogent argument to that end based on more than snarky comments... Alas.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"That tells me everything I need to know."

I think you'll find that's Fox News...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What does it tell you?

Does it tell you that we don't see it as political except that Trump is involved in politics? That these 3 indictments are clear crimes and should be tried in court.

Is it, in your view, possible in the US to have a non political trial of any politician?

Issues were found with some of Biden's handling and possession of classified documents. Biden complied with the investigators requests, complied with all requirements and that was it.

Issues were found with some of Pence's handling and possession of classified documents. Pence complied with the investigators requests, complied with all requirements and that was it.

Issues were found with some of Trump's handling and possession of classified documents. Trump stonewalled, delayed and obstructed investigators, ignored their requests, moved and concealed documents, all of which led to further investigations about his handling and possession of documents, leading to even more evidence of intentional wrongdoing and illegality, leading to even more obstruction by Trump, leading to a full investigation and subsequent charges and indictments.

That should be what tells you everything you need to know. Had Trump complied fully, the DOJ still bringing charges against him where they didn't with Biden or Pence would indeed constitute possible political motivations. But when you actually look at the actions of Trump and his cohorts, which are backed up by substantial evidence, testimony and in many cases Trump's own comments both publicly and privately (he's caught on tape), not bringing charges against him would be more political than not, because it would be saying that since he's a former President and is running again for election (which he wasn't at the time the investigations were taking place), that it makes him above the law.

There is clear and substantial evidence of illegality. The most apolitical thing to do is indict a person for illegal activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,362 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Think Trump will meet the real truth when Judge Chutkan invites him into her courtroom to explain the limits of her patience in relation to his interfering with the trial. That may happen this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement