Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Trump lost the election. For all his false claims... he lost the White House. His excuses about the election have been shown up to be lies.

Trump was legally declared a rapist. He lost that court case.

More legal losses looming.

So he has neither perceived morality or honour on his side nor power or success.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Peak Trump support on here was around about 2am on the night of the 2020 election when they all came flooding into the US election thread to declare that Trump had won. Except the idiots didnt know how postal voting worked and by 5am that night after Biden flipped Arizona they ran for the hills. Never before on Boards have I ever seen so many people confidently declare that they were right only to find out that they were very, very wrong just a few short hours later. I was still laughing about it days later. Like you always had a fair idea that they were idiots but their final act on this site of declaring Trump the winner just went and removed all doubt. It was absolutely glorious to watch, a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's best he gets sevearly punished if found guilty, or has a very good defense if found aquitted - make sure the next generation of politicians know that everyone is accountable.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,456 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And then when Fox announced Biden won it - poof, so many account closures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,362 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bank holiday Quiz, the questions are easy, so if you don't get all correct, you're a loser😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

There were some great posts in the conspiracy theory forum, and end times type was convinced Trump was going to be reinstated and smite all around him. But to be fair, it’s hard to tell if those type of posts are serious.

I wonder how thepropertypin is dealing with this. The owner of that site is tinfoil to the core.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wasn't having a go, btw.

Just picking one thing Trump did to prove himself unworthy of anything more than contempt is like trying to fish a specific blade of grass from a field.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think your second point is key. I'm sure that when most of them read over their potential posts, they can't help but notice how stupid they sound. Not everyone has that sort of self awareness, mind you. In the musk thread, there was a guy defending the distribution on child abuse images. So I guess we'll still be left with those Trumpers who don't know how stupid they come across through their posts.

• Advertisement

Won't talk about the indictment still, lol

Don't blame you mate. "look! Nancy! aaaaa!" - it's indefensible, you'd be walking into the sun.

This isn't even a concern. Trump could still run for office from a prison cell. There is no likely scenario where he is not able to run. A good chunk of Southerners want the Civil War to happen again, state secessions, etc. so don't be shocked when he wins the GOP primary.

Y'all need to stop the 'some of his ideas I assume, are very fine ideas' schtick. It's like pointing out how clever the Autobahn is while the Nuremberg Trials are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭CrazyEric

No its not. A lot of people in America are fed up with the "woke" agenda and Donald Trump was a beacon of hope to them. The fact that he turned out to be an absolute lunatic is secondary. If the Democrats fail to address some of the ,I would say Legitimate, concerns of the opposition then the cycle of stupidity on both sides will continue.

Some of us can separate the MAGA principle from the bleach swilling, hair bleaching buffoon,

Godwinning a Donald Trump thread is like typing Google into Google, it will blow up the interwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Yes, because the rest of the GOP is woke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There is no woke agenda. Be great if someone could define that word but all that request seems to do is anger the Trumpsters.

There are no legitimate concerns either. There's just a group of hateful racists who are upset that there are consequences for racism and that a lot of Americans want more equality.

And of course, both sides.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's genuinely shocking that the guy that wrote that childish drivel was actually a president of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I've always found it a very strange thing when people declare absolutes about a political situation. Politics is very fluid and can turn on a dime, and within American politics we've seen it twice in the space of a few short years. People were confidant about Hilary Clinton's incoming victory in 2016 and saw that confidence come to naught when Trump won. Likewise Trump fanatics had to eat their own humble pie when he lost to Biden in 2020. Of course the most extremist of Trumptards will swear blind that he didn't lose and, somehow, the democrats pulled off the greatest conspiratorial endeavour in the history of mankind.

Frankly though, anyone calling shots over a political outcome is opening themselves up to some serious egg on face eventualities and such declarations are, at best, ill advised.

Sigh

There is no "woke agenda". It's manufactured, culture war nonsense designed to distract that the republican party have nothing but regressive human rights policies, **** all ideas on how to run a country and absolutely nothing to complain about when it comes to this Democratic adminstration.

People care about jobs, education, health, housing, infrastructure. Integrating "woke" into anything got to do with them is ****ing nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The woke agenda tends to be one of the most vague and unclear things ever. Just gonna list some things that are classified as part of that agenda.

1. Sex education that is relevant to changing times so teens don't end up endangering themselves or others.

2. Gender, sometimes people's brains don't match the body they're born into. The reason the right are going after this group is because they've failed with DOMA etc. Next target is trans people plus they get to link it back to gay people when necessary.

3. History, an honest history of the slave trade. This has resulted in the likes of DiSantis pushing retelling history from the perspective of why Slavery was good for black people.

4. Disney - This is one of the weirder ones cause it's pretty broad. Putting a warning at the start of a movie to say values have changed and there are racist elements etc. (That's used by most studios and it is grand) Then there's casting. So a black woman getting cast as the little mermaid had people imploding and more recently, Snow White is using a diverse group instead of dwarves. That one is because plenty from that community have objected to the older portrayal. This is not ruining anyone's life by adapting. Casting women in prominent roles get to them too, I'm sure the barbie success hurts.

5. Books - This is my last one, there's loads more obviously. It slightly links back to number one in some cases. Books that give sex education that is relevant to the times rather than sex education that's specific to straight teens. But it's not just those books. Gay portrayals in general tends to be to be too woke. The right wing response to handling books.... Book bannings in schools across Florida. Only authorised books are allowed and that's a very limited amount of books.

6. MeToo - actual last one, just popped into head. Discrimination in general is something the right pride themselves on. The issue of consent and educating young people on it is bad according to them but they claim to want to safeguard minors. Then there's how they'll come out in defense of the right kind of people when they commit a sexual assault.

So the above is the anti woke crap that Trump and DiSantis are pushing. The movies one they can't influence at all but it'll rile up their fans. In summary, much of it relates to the spread of information and how it no longer aligns with their perfect antediluvian vision of the world. But in summary, this anti woke thing is more a refusal to accept a rapidly changing world. One that's improving in most of the above aspects in spite of the effort of the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If he keeps up his current ranting maybe he will end out his days in a secure mental facility. 😏

Maybe he's trying to build a case for pleading not guilty on grounds of insanty?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Most gifted politician of our time and best orator to hold the office in generations. Apparently.

(Aside from the verbal diarrhea miller was spewing, it's clear how much he hated Obama given how he phrased his comments and what one of the things Obama was most well known for was.)

Ah, back when that racist had his "spray on hair" phase...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Never mind the witness tampering. What kind of mindset do you have to be in to support the person who wrote that kind of statement.

If you're a Trump supporter there is something wrong with your brain. It's like watching a member of the jonestown cult defending him before setting off to live in the Guyana jungle

It's so obvious to everyone else in the world that he's lying all of the time.

Post edited by Akrasia on

Trump supporters complained about 'trial by media' when there were negative stories written about him in the past. now they're complaining about trial by the courts and insisting that the polls as distorted in the media should cause the charges to be dropped

I'm flabbergasted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

You don't expect Trump supporters to be rational, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He is seriously blaming the US women's team being knocked of the the World Cup on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Rawr

I there was me thinking that Sweden had just outplayed them. But no, with was Biden. That sly dog managed to sneak onto the football pitch and while the camara was pointing away he'd knock over the US players, then steal the ball and run away with it.

He's pretty fast for an old guy :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement